As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

1939495969799»

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Christ, this game doesn't have a barber does it.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    That's a shame. This game would really do well with a toggled "autojoin" that paired you with similar leveled guys in the same area.

I am just doing story quests and not sure if I really care whats going on. It's hard to buy into the themes of sacrifice and courage when Guardians are like, by definition, immortal.

The other thing that bothers me is how empty this game is. Walking off of the main path never gives you anything. No named mobs, no chests, just more Halo inspired landscapes. As opposed to Borderlands which always has something to do over each hill.

Destiny pretty much lives and dies on its core gameplay because there is nothing else there.

There's certainly story. Tons of it. Not in the game (other than the newly-introduced Lore tab), though. When you're actually playing Destiny you're basically just there for the core "shoot mans" interaction. On the rare occasion we get a burst of exploration-based gameplay it's a wonder and we all gush over it because there's suddenly a reason to (briefly) explore their lush, rich environments rather than just wander down lanes and shoot mans.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Holy Shit. Tried a legacy strike after unlocking it and everyone is ??? difficult.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Holy Shit. Tried a legacy strike after unlocking it and everyone is ??? difficult.

There are basically 4 difficulty tiers based on how far below the level of the content you are. If you're >= 50 levels below the content everything is literally immune to damage and you can't actually do it. < 50 levels different there is a steep curve of how much damage you do to/take from enemies.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian

There are basically 4 difficulty tiers based on how far below the level of the content you are. If you're >= 50 levels below the content everything is literally immune to damage and you can't actually do it. < 50 levels different there is a steep curve of how much damage you do to/take from enemies.

Well everything was immune. Not sure why the story unlocks legacy strikes at 14 when you can't damage anything.

Does the postmaster robot send you items you didn't pick up?

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yep, the postmaster will gather any engrams, catalysts, emblems, or planetary materials that you didn't gather when you go to orbit. Not missed glimmer pick ups, however.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Yes.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I did a feelgood thing today and sherpa'd a group of randoms through t3 and heroic well today. They did tier 2 reasonably well, with LL mostly in the 520-530 range. There was another person there that was in my 550+ bracket and decided to chance a t3 charge. There were some deaths and some close shaves on time but got it done. Well was still going so I said "Fuck it" and popped in my unstable charge with the hopes me and the other 550-something dude could carry it a little. They died a lot but me and the other guy were on the ball taking down the blights to take out the butthole's shield so everyone could do damage. Long story short we got some randoms their triumph and the 520-something guy got a Two Tailed Fox (Sunavabitch!) I danced and a couple of the lower level ones saluted and I went back to orbit

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    I really dont get this game.

I wanted to do strikes cause I like playing with other people. Queuing for "Legacy Strikes" kept getting me immune ??? Monsters. So I went to grind adventures and exp.

Went to Io figuring that would have the highest adventures. Do two of them then notice a "quest" is available. It's called Premeditation.

I do the first three parts without issue. Killing the little Taken bases. Now I end up in the Spine Burrows area and all monsters are ??? And immune.

Like. Why does it let you spend forty minutes in a quest only to lock the ebeing cause you're not high enough level?

Sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous that the first group activities you unlock as a new player are unplayable.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Boy, sure is frustrating to zone into a Blind Well packed with 5 or so other Guardians, pop my only Tier III, and watch them all port out within 15 seconds

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous that the first group activities you unlock as a new player are unplayable.
    Might've been something that got messed up as the game updated and light levels for activities got changed.
    If you haven't already, I'd focus on beating the campaign first. Quests and strikes are generally content you do once you've hit the level cap.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Boy, sure is frustrating to zone into a Blind Well packed with 5 or so other Guardians, pop my only Tier III, and watch them all port out within 15 seconds

Cowards

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I was mindlessly doing blind well for the bounty when a whole group asked me if their friends could join on me to get a the group doing t3s/heroics.

I still can't damage the heroic boss but I'm good at killing shields and dropping Wells of radiance.

Did 3 of them before the extra non party people in the zone left and we didnt finish the last t3 in time, but they helped me through the ascendent challenge for the first time and warned me to turn in any primes first because it was a whole pile of gear. So I ended the night with a loot pinata jump from 520 to 525 and my 3rd seed!

initiatefailure on
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Even without that Tier III, still had a good few hours tonight. Got a Suros drop (my first of D2, apparently?), hit up Xur to add a few exotics to the Collection, got a Sturm Catalyst drop, did some Blind Well, did a bunch of Dreaming City stuff (mission, ascendant plane, findin' dem kitties), ran my Weekly Strikes. Ready to Nightfall between now and Tuesday. Oh, and we're at Page 99! New thread incoming.

New thread's up! Bedtime for me.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I wanted to do strikes cause I like playing with other people. Queuing for "Legacy Strikes" kept getting me immune ??? Monsters. So I went to grind adventures and exp.

Went to Io figuring that would have the highest adventures. Do two of them then notice a "quest" is available. It's called Premeditation.

I do the first three parts without issue. Killing the little Taken bases. Now I end up in the Spine Burrows area and all monsters are ??? And immune.

Like. Why does it let you spend forty minutes in a quest only to lock the ebeing cause you're not high enough level?

Have you finished the campaign yet? What light level are you?

shryke wrote: »

130'and'no, just continue the campaign? The reason I did not continue was the next quest was level locked.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

130'and'no, just continue the campaign? The reason I did not continue was the next quest was level locked.

Quests (Blue Squarish Icons) were generally post campaign stuff. They should list a recommended light level for them that you should be near-ish to probably. Those are things that are probably after level 20 or so.

If you just need to level Public Events are probably a good way of doing that along with patrols and if you can buy them Bounties from the planet vendor folks. Adventures as well, those are the orange icon things on planets. They also have light requirements so maybe just double check the ones on the last planet you got access to. Stuff from previous planets should be fine.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Yes, you gotta finish the campaign. The way the game is designed you do the whole campaign and that unlocks everything and then you are appropriate level for it. A bunch of the changes made over the last year may have screwed with how things are gated. It used to be, as I remember, that you couldn't even really queue for most stuff till you finished the story. It was just campaign missions, PvP and adventures that were available.

You are also, obviously, way too low for most activities right now too.

If you are too low for the next campaign mission you should have a bunch of adventures (the orange shield icons on the map) available on whatever planet you are on. They are a good source of XP. Public events are also worth doing. PvP is an option as well, although you will likely be at a disadvantage because of a lack of gear and spec options, but maybe not.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

Yeah, basically when Forsaken came out they "streamlined" the strike playlist options. So originally you could start the strikes when you reached the story point that opened them up (this was assuming you had casually done some Public Events or Adventures in between your story missions as was convenient to be at the right light level). However now that they streamlined the playlists the legacy playlist exists for people that didn't buy Forsaken and is set close to the max level obtainable without any of the extra content. The problem, as you have sussed out, is that the game still steers you towards being able to do strikes during the campaign when you no longer are actually at the right level for it.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    well i decided after a month and a half off i’d give forsaken a look just to be sure it is as bad as i thought it would be and i could sit on my smug chair being a smuggy smuggerson while you fools wasted your lives playing a dumb game

and uh

fucker got its hooks in me

god damn it this is really fun and as slow and kind of bullshit as the grind is it actually has me spreading out and doing things i would normally just ignore, which is actually enjoyable?

it’s a bit lonely since i’m a month behind and only just 50/500 and done the campaign so can’t do much with other people yet but when i catch up i think it’s going to be fun times again

shit

really my only issue is how long it will take to catch up to everybody so i can actually play with pals and stuff but

5/7 Y2 gg bungo you jerks

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    well i decided after a month and a half off i’d give forsaken a look just to be sure it is as bad as i thought it would be and i could sit on my smug chair being a smuggy smuggerson while you fools wasted your lives playing a dumb game

and uh

god damn it this is really fun and as slow and kind of bullshit as the grind is it actually has me spreading out and doing things i would normally just ignore, which is actually enjoyable?

it’s a bit lonely since i’m a month behind and only just 50/500 and done the campaign so can’t do much with other people yet but when i catch up i think it’s going to be fun times again

shit

really my only issue is how long it will take to catch up to everybody so i can actually play with pals and stuff but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO8MBOmTe7M

Sing along now.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I litereally don’t think I’ve won a single match of gambit

And like I’m good at this game. I don’t get it. I’m using builds that just wreck the mobs and could probably invade well but I just have zero invasion defense

I dunno. It just seems hopeless. I legit just don’t ever win

Gambit isn't about the individual. Its about the team. If your team is sabotaging each other, then how good you are doesn't matter. You will lose.
    Chanus wrote: »

and uh

shit

Yeah, its basically TTK all over again. They did a major course correct in Y2, and all of a sudden the fun is back in the game. There's a lot to do, lore is back in the game, The Dreaming City is probably my favorite patrol zone ever, there's actually a decently interesting story going on that is spread through all of the content. Its just good times.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    @GMaster7 - Time for a new thread and title - The Power is Yours!

CAPTAIN_PLANET.png

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Even without that Tier III, still had a good few hours tonight. Got a Suros drop (my first of D2, apparently?), hit up Xur to add a few exotics to the Collection, got a Sturm Catalyst drop, did some Blind Well, did a bunch of Dreaming City stuff (mission, ascendant plane, findin' dem kitties), ran my Weekly Strikes. Ready to Nightfall between now and Tuesday. Oh, and we're at Page 99! New thread incoming.

New thread's up! Bedtime for me.

New threads done been up you fools

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i posted in the wrong thread my b

i’m out of practice

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    don't worry @Chanus we all know you've got 3 separate threads on the go all at once. understandable you'd lose track now and then. :P

• YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Insert inarticulate rage against sleeper in gambit here. FFS this is broken as hell.

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    That's a shame. This game would really do well with a toggled "autojoin" that paired you with similar leveled guys in the same area.

I am just doing story quests and not sure if I really care whats going on. It's hard to buy into the themes of sacrifice and courage when Guardians are like, by definition, immortal.

The other thing that bothers me is how empty this game is. Walking off of the main path never gives you anything. No named mobs, no chests, just more Halo inspired landscapes. As opposed to Borderlands which always has something to do over each hill.

Destiny pretty much lives and dies on its core gameplay because there is nothing else there.

There's certainly story. Tons of it. Not in the game (other than the newly-introduced Lore tab), though. When you're actually playing Destiny you're basically just there for the core "shoot mans" interaction. On the rare occasion we get a burst of exploration-based gameplay it's a wonder and we all gush over it because there's suddenly a reason to (briefly) explore their lush, rich environments rather than just wander down lanes and shoot mans.

Nothing else really comes close to how satisfying the basic gameplay of shooting and space magic feels in destiny except Warframe, which really is due to the incredible variety that game has. What drove me to quit D2 is that you receive piles of loot and it's almost all garbage. With random rolls that likely has changed, but it wouldn't kill Bungie to look at how satisfying loot is in games like D2 and Borderlands.

D2's world environment is boring as fuck, it's the same things in the same places each time. It's so static and bland. Wandering the EDZ etc is the same thing over and over, small areas with some mobs and some POIs separated by large corridors that don't matter. Titan? Same mobs, same places, same basic events separated by some corridors. I'd cite Mars from the first DLC but sweet christ, what a shithole that was. Destiny's original vision was "See that mountain, you can go there!" as voiced in one of the original promo vids, but I don't know if that was a misspoken statement or what because they never came close. They do sometimes add little hidey holes like the original trials destination, but even then those places were just....get there and find nothing.

This discussion has been closed.