As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I’ve heard there’s a system in that pity rolls you a 5* after 100 pulls (10*10) if you’ve not gotten one, but still could be dragon/print

It is very nearly impossible to go that many rolls without a 5*, granted

Even after 50 you're looking at 7% rate or something

Maddoc on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Hmm I guess if these numbers are accurate I shouldn’t be surprised when both my 5 stars in a pull are wyrmprints since they’re far far more common than 5 star dragons and characters

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    O would also add so far, Dragalia Lost’s gatcha boxes are fuckin scummy as shit.

The 5* Pool being stuffed with Characters AND cards AND Dragons is...more than a bit much.

Gatcha’s typically split their big progression things into seperate pools. Like classically You have a Character pool ypu can pull from, and an Equipment pool you can pull from.

Having three different “Grand Prizes” in one pool, means it’s going to be EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to get something you want or need.@, especially one that pool gets diluted.

Say for example, three featured things, like this launch banner.

Character
    Dragon
    Card.

What happens when one of those is ass?

What happens when you want all three?

What happens when you already have one thing, but wanted something else?

The answer is obvious. It’s explicitly designed to make you pull more.And since you CAN get dupes, that could be really, really bad

i started doing some rerolls and 7 rerolls later i hadn't gotten a 5* character once and had multiple 1 4* 9 3* pulls and realized i think this level of gacha is too much for me. seems extremely abusive.

It's only an issue if you need to have 5 star everything in order to clear content.

If you don't, then it doesn't matter.

There appear to be systems to allow you up to star rarity of things, though I don't know if that makes them just as good as if they were a higher star rarity in the first place.

End of ch.2, so far no. Slaughtered last boss using two of the free 4*s and two 3*s, plus free 4* dragon. You get a free 4* of each element pretty quickly, too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Well finally got a second 5*
    nwBJzAXl.jpg=/

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Oh hey, two 5*s in a pull.

Both were cards.

yeah if that reddit post is accurate any given 10 pull has a 46% chance to have a 5 star thing in it but any given 5 star thing has an 81% chance to be a wyrmprint

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited September 2018
    Event apparently taking place Monday, 4 player coop with their full teams

Oh main character has an unlockable ability that gives +10% player xp
    Guess I should have been using him~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    i have exhausted most of the free rolls and i have three 5* characters, no 5* dragons, and two of the 5* wyrmprint for healers.
    that's pretty good i guess? i got nefarian and she is fantastic.
    also i have a completely unbound juggernaut, and two additional copies. can't stop rolling this dude. every 4* dragon is the juggernaut, bitch.

my long-term opinion of the game, at this point, largely hinges on how generous the free currency is.
    how often does the multiplayer cap reset, if ever? how generous will events be?

i think the actual gacha rates might be largely fine, since characters are the most important piece you can get.
    since you don't need character dupes, i'm cool with 5 copies of dragons / wyrmprints filling those slots instead.
    characters >>>> dragons >> wyrmprints, in terms of strength differences.

if you're still rerolling, i'd settle for a minimum of any 5* character, or any 5* character + a 5* dragon if your download speeds and patience are high.
    matching element would be A++ if you're a perfectionist, or you could hunt for a specific weapon type.

Lucedes on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Eh, Dragons seem way more important than characters so far.

Lower rarity characters not only can be promoted, but some of them also have really good mana circle skills (which is the main thing that matters imo). A strong 5* dragon like Agni or Zephyr (the two with 40% strength auras) just crushes everything right now.

Luckily a lot of the 4* gacha dragons are nearly as good, as several elements have a one with a 30% strength aura (I've been using Juggernaut to murder everything).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    ... I just hit the "optimise" button and things happen, and it's working out.

I feel like this is a lot more fun if you just play it and not worry about the particulars. You get a bunch of 4* units, the elemental triangle seems to be more important than anything else, and like... Yeah.

ph blake wrote: »
    Eh, Dragons seem way more important than characters so far.

Lower rarity characters not only can be promoted, but some of them also have really good mana circle skills (which is the main thing that matters imo). A strong 5* dragon like Agni or Zephyr (the two with 40% strength auras) just crushes everything right now.

Luckily a lot of the 4* gacha dragons are nearly as good, as several elements have a one with a 30% strength aura (I've been using Juggernaut to murder everything).

4* Phoenix is my big favorite right now, full team regen to the point of being immortal for like 10 sec, ending with all max hp is super mvp

Getting her to bind 15 unlocked a title, I assume it’s like that for other dragons too, nice to stand out from all the other traitor princes

CD World Tour status:
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well I now have Ezelith, Jeanne, Valiant Crown, and Give Me Your Wounded

I should probably not draw any more since I have every showcase item on the banner, but I keep hoping to get another Water 4* or two so I can do more prep for the event

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    if you completely unbind a dragon it powers up the active and passive skills.
    juggernaut goes up to 45% strength boost, so uh, i'm absolutely wrecking face right now.

trying to level up the smithy more before i go HAM on weapon crafting.
    wyrmpacts seem kinda whatever, the stats are negligible and the skills are okay, even at 5*.

i still think the characters are more important - the dragons and wyrmpacts are basically accessories, from a %stats / # of skills standpoint.
    we don't have solid data on how good a promoted 3*/4* is yet tho, afaikt.

edited September 2018
    As a side note - you can work on unbinding Midgardsormr after chapter 3, but it's a bit of a grind (it's also the source of items you need for later levels of the mana rings though, and drops dragonfruits).

Not entirely sure how smithy stuff shakes out in power, but I made one of each the first tier weapons for now because they're a straight upgrade from the 2*s that drop everywhere... which seem to be more valuable as fodder now. There's an upgrade tree, but you have to fully unbind and level a weapon to enhance along it. It's only three deep, so basically it looks like 25 tier ones become 5 tier two becomes 1 tier three...

Oh and the tier three ones have elemental affinities you want to match to characters. So, eh... pick your favorite characters? Not sure that it's going to be that terrible a grind yet though, and just upgrading the smithy high enough is going to be a while. Halidom upgrades are expensive.

Edit: Also, I beat Ch 3 without 5*s again (It keeps putting Jeanne on the back person, but she never comes out so I don't count that), so it seems progress in story stuff is tuned fairly. It started to get a bit rough at the end, but that's mainly because I dumped all of today's bonus leveling stuff into the wind team for ch 2. If I had proper levels on people it would have been smoother (still got full clear first try every map, so meh)

Polaritie on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Downloaded this to give some rolling a try. First go netted three 5* characters I think? Ezelith, Hawk, and Jeanne d'Arc (because Japan fucking loves her)

yeah keep that roll that's very lucky

BahamutZERO.gif
    Also pretty sure the 10 day ticket is a single draw ticket, so that nobody gets disappointed

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    As a side note - you can work on unbinding Midgardsormr after chapter 3, but it's a bit of a grind (it's also the source of items you need for later levels of the mana rings though, and drops dragonfruits).

Not entirely sure how smithy stuff shakes out in power, but I made one of each the first tier weapons for now because they're a straight upgrade from the 2*s that drop everywhere... which seem to be more valuable as fodder now. There's an upgrade tree, but you have to fully unbind and level a weapon to enhance along it. It's only three deep, so basically it looks like 25 tier ones become 5 tier two becomes 1 tier three...

Oh and the tier three ones have elemental affinities you want to match to characters. So, eh... pick your favorite characters? Not sure that it's going to be that terrible a grind yet though, and just upgrading the smithy high enough is going to be a while. Halidom upgrades are expensive.

Edit: Also, I beat Ch 3 without 5*s again (It keeps putting Jeanne on the back person, but she never comes out so I don't count that), so it seems progress in story stuff is tuned fairly. It started to get a bit rough at the end, but that's mainly because I dumped all of today's bonus leveling stuff into the wind team for ch 2. If I had proper levels on people it would have been smoother (still got full clear first try every map, so meh)

Can you explain the weapon thing? I'm having terrible figuring out weapon unbinding other than it let's you level them more.

What is this I don't even.
    I didn’t realize it myself, but the trick is the enhance menu is in with crafting instead of upgrade - once the weapon is maxed you can move the weapon along the tree, which seems to be how to get elemental weps, and skills on the weapons

CD World Tour status:
    edited September 2018
    I didn’t realize it myself, but the trick is the enhance menu is in with crafting instead of upgrade - once the weapon is maxed you can move the weapon along the tree, which seems to be how to get elemental weps, and skills on the weapons

Yep. Full unbind, max level, and you can upgrade to a new weapon. First upgrade is non-elemental, adds skill and higher stats. Second is elemental, even more stats, stronger skill... but the skill requires a matching element adventurer I believe. Just upgraded to the second tier 3* dagger, haven't used skill yet, seems to take more to charge up than others?

Has anyone started a list/doc of FCs?

Polaritie on
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Can you explain the weapon thing? I'm having terrible figuring out weapon unbinding other than it let's you level them more.

That's basically it. You can feed 4 of the same weapon into a fifth in order to be allowed to level it to its max level.

For the regular story drops, that's probably not really worth it as there doesn't seem to be a promotion mechanic for weapons.

Where it matters is with the crafted weapons, as each crafted weapon has a three-tiered path it can go down. You need to fully unbind and max level a weapon to move it to the next tier, and you will need to do the same to four more in order to fully unbind your new tier 2 weapon so you can level it to max level. Then when to get it to tier 3, you will need 20 more tier one weapons to take through the same process to be able to fully level that one up.

Xaviar on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Is there any use or point at all to the not crafted weapons?

What is this I don't even.

They work fine early on, though I wouldn't waste mats on leveling them up too much.

Other than that, you can feed them to your crafted weapons for exp. There appears to be some kind of restriction on feeding same class weapons (ie, sometimes it will let me feed swords to other swords, sometimes it won't) but everything else appears to be fair game.

Xaviar wrote: »

They work fine early on, though I wouldn't waste mats on leveling them up too much.

Other than that, you can feed them to your crafted weapons for exp. There appears to be some kind of restriction on feeding same class weapons (ie, sometimes it will let me feed swords to other swords, sometimes it won't) but everything else appears to be fair game.

Is it just things that are equipped by someone?

At any rate yeah, weapons are good xp fodder.

Well, there are two kinds of swords, western and eastern - I forget what they call them in-game

CD World Tour status:
    Well, there are two kinds of swords, western and eastern - I forget what they call them in-game

Nah, you can fodder without regards to weapon type as far as I can tell. I had a pile of staves I melted into making a gear dagger.

Yeah it works that way fine. But there have been a couple times where when upgrading an axe, no other axes showed up in the list, and when upgrading a sword, no swords showed up in the list, but the axes that were hidden before showed up again.

Oh, not showing up is weird, I thought you just meant they were grayed out.

I was under the impression the restriction was you can't feed the exact same weapon to itself for exp, but I might be wrong. Maybe because they're reserved for unbinding..

BahamutZERO.gif
    I was under the impression the restriction was you can't feed the exact same weapon to itself for exp, but I might be wrong. Maybe because they're reserved for unbinding..

Oh, that would make sense. I was foddering to level crafted weapons, so that never came up.

Went through and added everyone who posted a FC so far in the thread, so I'll actually have people on my list now...

Yeah, I just checked, it’s this

CD World Tour status:
    Don’t forget, you can set your helper’s weapon and dragon

CD World Tour status:
    The fact that you don't have a lineup for helpers for every element seems like a massive oversight in this game

• TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Don’t forget, you can set your helper’s weapon and dragon

Great tip! Didn’t realize you could do that.

My 5* Julietta is up to 1665 might now and just wrecking things through chapter 4. Than I just swap between 4 other characters with different elements to try and keep levels up. I think I might go for teams made up of just one element for now for some of the harder fights like Dragon Trials and the upcoming raid (although I only have 2 water adventurers currently).

I finally have enough to upgrade a character, but I can’t decide who. I think I will hold onto it until I get someone to max level and then decide.

I have now done 5 of the Tenfold pulls. No 5* in the last 2 pulls, but I’m ok with that. Just trying to get at least 4 of each element for now so I can decide on which adventurers are my favorite.

I’m loving this game.

Ranking a character up to 5* seems like a very long term goal at the rate you get eldwater, but on the plus side ranking 3* up to 4* is much more reasonable

I went and scrolled around the mana rings and at the upper levels, eldwater is a necessary material for upgrading your co-abilities

CD World Tour status:
    I went and scrolled around the mana rings and at the upper levels, eldwater is a necessary material for upgrading your co-abilities

Hmm, hopefully there are some decent sources then. Though thats all on the top ring so it won't block anything else.

So far I think I like daggers best

Gogo Ezelith I guess

Also reminder that tomorrow is the Water daily, so make sure to stockpile those water orbs for the event girl if you're planning on using her during the event.

This discussion has been closed.