As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

PA LFG:
We've frequently had requests for some kind of in-game PA LFG system, especially because it can be difficult or intimidating or a hassle to try to coordinate via console messages when you don't know who's riding solo and who is looking to group up with others. By popular demand and suggestion, we're trying a new system to address this. If you see someone rocking the below emblem, it means that they are looking to play with others:

cq1ldwoo8o76.jpg
How do you get this emblem? Simple:
1. Visit https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption.
2. Redeem code xfvkhpn97, which will give you The Visionary emblem. It will show up in-game (may require logging out then back in).
3. Set the emblem when you are LFG. This way, others see that you are looking to group up and can direct requests to you - or just join on you!
4. Once you're grouped up, feel free to change the emblem back to whatever you'd like.

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mtgw9ynhy72p.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    -Obligatory fresh thread smell post-

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Got through most of the raid tonight

It's pretty neat

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Ran my first successful Ascendant challenge with some PA peeps today, and was only moderately carried.

Sitting at around 531 my rewards were a 541 tigerspite, 542 chest and 543 arms.

Needless to say I was excited :)

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I always prefer to test the atmosphere of a blind well with a tier 1. If folks don't stick around for that, at least I have a decent chance of completing it.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    I always prefer to test the atmosphere of a blind well with a tier 1. If folks don't stick around for that, at least I have a decent chance of completing it.

Yeah, I really regret not doing this. I should have maybe popped a Tier II (that's what they had just finished) to see if they were sticking around. I just figured, hey, it's hard to get this many people in here at once, I bet they'll be game, but nope. Oh well! Not a big deal. Lesson learned.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I swapped out my smuggler's word for Rat King in my general crucible setup and I gotta say, going invisible after gunning down a shotgun rusher is extra nice for the way I play. Less punchy than the SW but kills at about the same rate

ps has Rat King always been full auto? I kinda remember it not being full auto but it def makes it easier to aim in a tense moment

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    We had some tough games in Comp tonight but I like to think we play pretty well actually, it's just mega sweaty already in Comp with this new meta emerging.

https://youtu.be/2-SNBepJq0o

Man blade barrage's sound is just satisfying

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I've spent something like 5-6 hours doing EP over the last few days trying to get the shotgun. It finally dropped tonight. So glad to be done with that grind.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Bungie's catch-up mechanic in gambit shows they have no fucking idea how badly the EP shotgun breaks that entire gamemode.

Oh you were massively behind? Here, let me give you a 2x-3x buff and let the blade barrages and shottys kill the damn boss in 10 seconds.

it doesn't matter that its always going to be significantly less than yours, because you only need a low amount of stacks to utter annihilate it

ronzo on
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Anyone around here play on the european region? I'm playing with 2 others and we're looking for people to do the raid with. Two of us are on daily to do some pvp/whatevs and the third plays a few days a week at least for other things as well.

And I need to test the EP shotgun in gambit, does it really do that much damage after you melee?

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Anyone around here play on the european region? I'm playing with 2 others and we're looking for people to do the raid with. Two of us are on daily to do some pvp/whatevs and the third plays a few days a week at least for other things as well.

And I need to test the EP shotgun in gambit, does it really do that much damage after you melee?

Yes. If you can stay in melee range of the boss it is some of the highest damage in the game.

The trick is to melee just as the boss stomp comes down. It cancels out the knockback with your melee lunge

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    *a dream is a wish your imprisoned Ahamkara makes

Please update accordingly @GMaster7

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ok so. I’m so overwhelmed. I was busy this week so I’m so behind.

Things I need to do this weekend:

grind for hours to get the EP shotgun.

Do the whisper quest

Do my dreaming city bounties

Do the nightfall

Do at least 3 it not much more comp matches

Grind gambit for the exotic quest trigger

Do the flashpoint and heroic adventure

Do my strikes and daily mission powerful rewards

Steal the raid chest from the wish

I’m so screwed!

If anyone wants to grind EP or do/Sherpa whisper please let me know!

616610-1.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    At some point I need to go finish the warmind campaign... I didn't realize EP weapons we're still worth getting and I'm sure there's exotic quests for Mars to do

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Steal the raid chest? Is this something a 530 should even be considering?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Absolutely.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Also, barring any fixes, there's a glitch to get powerful loot from the Shattered Throne quest without having to fight any of the enemies so you might want to look into that.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Love Gambit? Tired of only spawning with one knife? Wish it was two? Did you know the Drifter counts as a dangerous enemy?

Use your melee dodge next to the drifter, this will give you two knives right away at the start of the match

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9jw5cd/for_all_you_knife_hunters_using_ophedia_spathe/

OMG. I knew he was no good.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Absolutely.

From the videos I was seeing, it doesn't even use a glitch at this point? Just a wish and a bunch of jumping?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Yeah it seems... intentional. Like they say they wanted dreaming city to be single player raid content

So the ability to use the wish wall to get one chest after a series of solo jumping sections seems like a good solo raid content

616610-1.png
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Yeah it seems... intentional. Like they say they wanted dreaming city to be single player raid content

So the ability to use the wish wall to get one chest after a series of solo jumping sections seems like a good solo raid content

Yeah, I mean its nice to get a roll on a piece of armor or (preferably) a weapon if you haven't done the raid or will miss the raid for a week.

oHqYBTXm.jpg

100%. If you have Dreaming City unlocked, get the chest before the reset.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The raid wishing wall seems to be Bungie experimenting with various things, I've heard of a a wish that makes headshotting mobs shoots confetti and another supposedly adds a commentary (on doing the raid) from Failsafe no less.

I guess the "warp" wishes are intended to get you some raid chests if you are creative. (easy jumping puzzles for one, super long jump for the other)

I wouldnt really call using them to get chests a glitch since it seems intended.

There is even a wish that just straight up gives you a key for the final boss's chest.

Sirialis on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The glitch I was referring to was when the raid was brand new, there was apparently a way to jump out of bounds to get a chest rather than using a wish.

The wish part looks very intended, the out of bounds bit did not.

Characters
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    The raid wishing wall seems to be Bungie experimenting with various things, I've heard of a a wish that makes headshotting mobs shoots confetti and another supposedly adds a commentary (on doing the raid) from Failsafe no less.

I guess the "warp" wishes are intended to get you some raid chests if you are creative. (easy jumping puzzles for one, super long jump for the other)

I wouldnt really call using them to get chests a glitch since it seems intended.

There is even a wish that just straight up gives you a key for the final boss's chest. (Which I'm guessing you cant use until you beat the raid?)

I believe you get a checkpoint for after the last boss fight, so people can get the key and then LFG for that chekpoint to open the chest.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.

Maybe? It seems like the wall, other then just for fun stuff, is intended to help you explore the zone and get a specific checkpoint if you want it and the like. I don't know if getting to a free chest solo is intended but I'm almost certain they are ok with it as a creative use of the system.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

There is even a wish that just straight up gives you a key for the final boss's chest.

What's the super long jump one?

edit: also wish that each section of the map had an indicator to say you've found all the ghosts/collectibles in them so you can stop wasting your time searching this... but I guess that's why there's google. both for the tracking and locations...

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Anyone know is EP weapons can drop without beating the campaign on that chat? I’m using it to level my alt while I grind

616610-1.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Anyone know is EP weapons can drop without beating the campaign on that chat? I’m using it to level my alt while I grind

I'm pretty sure the only restriction is that a character can't initiate EP without having completed Warmind, but they are allowed to participate and reap non-chest rewards.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular

What's the super long jump one?

edit: also wish that each section of the map had an indicator to say you've found all the ghosts/collectibles in them so you can stop wasting your time searching this... but I guess that's why there's google. both for the tracking and locations...

3rd encounter wish.

Dawnblade can cross the chasm easily.

• ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    What's up Destiny thread? Let me tell you about this one round solo-queueing Gambit where I healed the primeval for 88% and my team still lost.
    It was something else, tell you what.
    I'm glad that sniper rifles are sort of a counterplay to Sleeper Simulant, at least. Pretty easy to headshot your average Sim user while they stand right out in the open chargin' up their laser.

Thanks @shryke for the Ascendent Challenge.

That was uh...something.

Characters
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Myself and @Luarithae are trying for a run on the new Dungeon on PS4 tomorrow.

Listing on the100: https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1227294

Recommending probably 560+ if we're going to have a proper go of it.

We can also do some Nightfall runs. Hoping to do a bit of grinding of the Nokris strike before reset to get the Braytech Osprey rocket launcher required for the Warmind/Curse Collections badge.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    Aegis wrote: »
    Thanks @shryke for the Ascendent Challenge.

That was uh...something.

Yeah, that was fucking irritating.

We got it done though.

Then I found out I needed blind well for the third seed, not the challenge and I was very annoyed.

Toasticus wrote: »
    What's up Destiny thread? Let me tell you about this one round solo-queueing Gambit where I healed the primeval for 88% and my team still lost.
    It was something else, tell you what.
    I'm glad that sniper rifles are sort of a counterplay to Sleeper Simulant, at least. Pretty easy to headshot your average Sim user while they stand right out in the open chargin' up their laser.

That's not actually that unusual. Killing the whole enemy team over and over again can delay them. But they are still building stacks. And it doesn't take many stacks, like 4-6, for a decent bumrush by even 4 randos to fucking melt a primeval in like 10 seconds. So you can heal their primeval to full but unless your team is close behind blowing your primeval down, they are just gonna all rez and burn it down.

I was wondering how long it would take to get to 600 after the first 600 drop, and it wasn't long. All the milestones gave me an almost perfect rotation of 600 drops in every slot. +1 duplicate in a weapon slot.

f0ed1800-2649-49df-b35e-61660ce669d1_Thumbnail.PNG

One down, two to go. I'm gonna be completely out of luck by the time the next expansion drops.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    That's true. I guess it depends a bit on how much heavy they have left in reserve at that point. I haven't put much effort into configuring my armor yet, so I usually run out of heavy during the primeval burn pretty quickly.

Unrelated: I'm looking to get the nightfall done on two characters this weekend if I can (each is around 538). I'm in the clan now so drop me a line. :biggrin:

Toasticus wrote: »
    That's true. I guess it depends a bit on how much heavy they have left in reserve at that point. I haven't put much effort into configuring my armor yet, so I usually run out of heavy during the primeval burn pretty quickly.

Unrelated: I'm looking to get the nightfall done on two characters this weekend if I can (each is around 538). I'm in the clan now so drop me a line. :biggrin:

You don't need heavy with an EP shotgun.]