As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Also reminder that tomorrow is the Water daily, so make sure to stockpile those water orbs for the event girl if you're planning on using her during the event.

I think it's all of them actually. It says the other elements will be up too if you check drop locations on one.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh huh, maybe that's the Sunday special

Anyway run Water daily a lot tomorrow is what I'm saying

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    What do the classes or character archetypes or whatever mean, like being an attacker or defender or support or healer? Both the healers I have have a healing spell obviously, but like what's a support do?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Haven’t really figured it out. I have a 3* dagger person I use that is labeled support but seems to only have attacking abilities.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I haven't really played since rerolling (been busy), but I would expect a unit listed as support to have buffing or debuffing skills.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    What do the classes or character archetypes or whatever mean, like being an attacker or defender or support or healer? Both the healers I have have a healing spell obviously, but like what's a support do?

Seems to just be a descriptor

Anyone who has sunk enough time into Granblue can tell you that sometimes their Defense characters are way better attackers than the Attack characters

Like Ranzal has fairly low base Strength, but he has a really powerful skill that gives him a stacking attack boost based on how many enemies he kills so on normal missions he could easily end up beating out other characters for attack by the time you hit the boss

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

I think it has to do with their co-abilities, they’ll do like team def up 7% if defender

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    BlueBlue wrote: »

I think it has to do with their co-abilities, they’ll do like team def up 7% if defender

This is determined by their weapon

EDIT:
    Sword = Dragon meter speed
    Katana = Strength
    Spear = HP
    Dagger = Crit rate
    Bow = Skill meter speed
    Axe = Defense
    Rod = Skill damage
    Staff = Healing

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Ah, all my axe guys are defense

I’ll have to look into my spear users, some of which are support and some are defense

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    94307938417 is my playerID btw. Reigner in game as well. Feel free to add me!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Looks like type is also based on weapons:

Sword and Katana - Attack
    Axe - Defense
    Dagger, Spear, Bow and Wand - Support
    Staff - Healing

Edit: ignore me, looks like this isn’t correct.

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    No it's not, there's a fire axe lady who's listed as attack type
    Also a light wand user who's attack

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Also @Xaviar it says the code you put on the spreadsheet is wrong

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Also it seems like if you tap the screen in the middle of being knocked back, you will air recover.

I'm not sure if there is more to it or if I'm just not great at it because it works about 50/50 for me right now. But it's nice when it does.

• Options
    Also @Xaviar it says the code you put on the spreadsheet is wrong

Is pasted from the "copy" button and is also what the sheet says?

Maybe you can't include the spaces when sending a request even though they format it that way..

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The menu icons also animate in time with the theme. The attention to detail in this game is impressive.

• Options
    Alright, I took the spaces out of the existing accounts, and updated the form to not allow spaces, if we are copy/pasting.
    @BahamutZERO can you tell me if you can find me without the spaces?

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Do we have any datamine or news that says what the next banner/units/event may be?

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    It works now, if you changed it. The other person whose code had spaces worked so I don't think that was why. Probably a typo, unless you didn't change it after my post.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't change the numbers at all. Just removed the spaces.

Oh well *shrug*

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    So not to encourage spending too much, but if you are going to spend money on this I'd look at the Upgrade Pack (weapons) as well as the Trials Pack. They're $20 a piece and give 1500 of the premium currency (so already cheaper than buying a ten pull), as well as a ton of upgrade materials in the form of endeavors to complete (things like upgrade your smith, do 3 Dragon trials, etc).

Most importantly, the final endeavour reward for each gives a Damascus Bar (weapons pack) or a Sunstone (trials pack). Considering how rare and valuable those items are in Granblue and that they do exactly the same thing in this game, as well as the fact that they cost 40$ to buy in the shop on their own, I'd say it's a pretty good value.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Would you say they are BEST VALUE!!!!!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Best value is uninstalling before gacha devours your soul.

These packs are second best value though

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Reigner wrote: »
    Do we have any datamine or news that says what the next banner/units/event may be?

Well the next event is the big flame raid thing on Monday

https://my.nintendo.com/news/fc92ff72fc62803c

I’m told the next banner is on the 4th and will have granblue character “Lily”

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    Looks like type is also based on weapons:

Sword and Katana - Attack
    Axe - Defense
    Dagger, Spear, Bow and Wand - Support
    Staff - Healing

Yeah no I've got an Axe attacker, a wand supporter, a katana supporter, etc

• Options
    Maybe there will be a kind of building that will buff that specific type of unit

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    So not to encourage spending too much, but if you are going to spend money on this I'd look at the Upgrade Pack (weapons) as well as the Trials Pack. They're $20 a piece and give 1500 of the premium currency (so already cheaper than buying a ten pull), as well as a ton of upgrade materials in the form of endeavors to complete (things like upgrade your smith, do 3 Dragon trials, etc).

Most importantly, the final endeavour reward for each gives a Damascus Bar (weapons pack) or a Sunstone (trials pack). Considering how rare and valuable those items are in Granblue and that they do exactly the same thing in this game, as well as the fact that they cost 40$ to buy in the shop on their own, I'd say it's a pretty good value.

If you buy these endeavor packs, do the endeavors stay for as long as it takes you to do them? Or is there a time limit? Because I'm pretty sure one of them is limited to a week.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    So many cool and interesting characters to bring over from Granblue and they went with fucking Lily.

Cygames pls

Edit:
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    If you buy these endeavor packs, do the endeavors stay for as long as it takes you to do them? Or is there a time limit? Because I'm pretty sure one of them is limited to a week.

Just checked to be sure. The ones from the upgrade pack are under the special tab and have no time limit.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Not sure if it’s worth building a 3 or 4 star weapon up to the elemental version.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Nothing wrong with Lily!

Their available choices for Water characters are sort of limited though, and I assume they're going with Water to entice people into drawing for the event

Water has a lot of Harvin, which have no real analogue, and very few Erune (Which could be added as Sylvans)

Then once you take out the people with guns and robot armor, you're looking at like... Lancelot and Vane (Which yeah, give me my dragon knight boys)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Not sure if it’s worth building a 3 or 4 star weapon up to the elemental version.

Why wouldn't you? I'm far closer to being able to upgrade those than I am the castle (at least one more time) and the smithy (at least 2x more) to craft a 4 star anything.

dporowski on
  • Options
    4* most likely will be worthwhile, I imagine 5* weapons will be longer term projects

• Options
    Agree on 5*; I'm just thinking that since the mats to do the 3* are so reasonably available, may as well use those in the meantime so you're not scraping around.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Geez this game just devours battery doesn't it. Trying to do the co-op Path to Power thing but it just keeps doing an eternal loading sign.

• Options
    i've heard tales that having some kind of power-saving on can cause coop to hang

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yep, that was it. Really annoying considering how this game sucks up all my phone's battery as it is, let alone taking the power-saving off just to do co-op.

• Options
    Looks like the new event character is a katana user, and Lily is wand (no real surprise there of course)

c22i05g.jpg

This discussion has been closed.