As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - No

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - No

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    FTVFTV Registered User regular
    Looked them up and... they seem to be stuck to your character the whole time. They're just animated clothes. I don't get it. Then again, I don't get anything about fortnite.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    From the title, I thought this was going to be about something more political

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    FTV wrote: »
    They're just animated clothes.

I can't find a good source on this, so take it with a grain of salt, but I heard that cosmetic Fortnite purchases make up like 6% of the ENTIRETY of video game industry sales presently.

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    D:

D:

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Watching LRR's Checkpoint, (where I found out about this), I was like: "Pets! Pets! In backpacks?!"... "IDGI?"... "I must be too old to understand WTF is happening in Fortnite any more, get off my lawn, etc."

I think I lost track right after that Thanos crossover event.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Think of Fortnite pets as like TF2 hats but for your back.

See, now everything makes sense.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I saw a clip from Jimmy Fallon last night (clarification: the clip was not from last night, I saw the clip last night) and he and some group of Asian dancer guys were mimicking all the dances from Fortnite. It was a fun video, but it also made me realize how out of touch I am with popular culture. I don't play Fortnite, and I had no idea who that dance crew was.

But man. If Fortnite is on prime-time late night TV, it really has saturated our entire culture.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    It's the children who are wrong.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Remember when Fortnite was a single player game about a zombie apocalypse or something? Me neither.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I'll admit to being pretty uneducated when it comes to Fortnite. I just know it's the game that "everyone" has been playing for several months now. Are my initial assumptions correct that it's basically a whole bunch of players on an island trying to kill each other? Like a massive Warsong Gulch or something like that?

Or are there things to do that involve people teaming up to kill computer controlled enemies?

I would be somewhat interested in the latter, but not really in the former.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    I remember when it first launched as public alpha or beta, it was more leaning toward the survival / horde gameplay. I think the first reaction from players and press was pretty meh - in the earliest iterations the core gameplay was fine but the base building and reward mechanics were confusing with several systems piled on top of each other - which was reworked and simplified. When Player Unknown Battle Grounds became popular, Fortnite added added a battle royal mode as well and thus became the only free contender and gained its traction. Please correct me if I am wrong. (Battle Royal: Players are dropped in a huge map, have to find weapons and equipment there and have to fight each other in a last man standing fashion while the size of the playing field decreases).

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    I'll admit to being pretty uneducated when it comes to Fortnite.

Fortnite Battle Royale (the only Fortnite mode anyone talks about) is PvP only. Imagine Hunger Games (I'm assuming you don't know Battle Royale, but if so imagine that). Or watch this:

https://twitch.tv/videos/215746697?t=00h18m26s

• Options
    sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    I can guarantee that if you got to keep* the pet of every person you kill, if they have one, there'd be a major uptick in solo kill counts. Imagine winning a round with an inverted pyramid or non-lethal fur coat of dogs and cats on your character. You'd feel pretty damn accomplished.

*only until the end of the match, of course

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    There should be an art mistake equivalent to tychpos. Case in point, the approaching enemy in panel 3 is casting a shadow towards the sun.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    There should be an art mistake equivalent to tychpos. Case in point, the approaching enemy in panel 3 is casting a shadow towards the sun.

It's almost like he took some sort of license to make the idea work...

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    The world of Fortnite is in a binary star system. :p

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular

His shadow is being cast by the burning, shattered wreckage of doe-eyed pets.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    The Fortnite pets growl at opposing players when you are knocked down and I'm just yelling "NO SAVE YOURSELF"

PAD ID - 328,762,218