As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The raid starts at 11 PM pacific I believe so more like 14 hours, then lasts 24 hours

Eh? The thing I'm seeing says it lasts for one week

https://my.nintendo.com/news/fc92ff72fc62803c
    The Loyalty's Requiem raid event will begin on 2018/09/30 (Sunday) at 11:00PM until 2018/10/08 (Monday) at 10:59PM PT. During this event, you can use Co-op Play to fight against the flame raid boss!

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Hopefully since this is the first limited event they go easy on the Might requirement for Expert. Sitting at 5500 and could maaaybe push it to 6000 if I absolutely had too.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Elisanne is still my only Water 4*, so I'm hoarding mats to get the new Water Katana free character leveled and geared up for use during the event

Salty that they pushed back the Lily banner a few days now

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I can hit 6000 if I don't care about elements at all and just pick highest numbers.

Which is still good, it lets me do the third tier xp farm. But I doubt it'll be that bad. Upside, that uses two fire chars who should be safe filler for the raid.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    That whole “required” thing is really more like a suggestion, once it’s unlocked you don’t have to use a qualifying team - if you’re too far below the most it’ll do is ask if you’re sure about that

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Oh, sure. But I mainly meant for tomorrow when I bring a full line.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I finally figured out I can upgrade buildings in my castle after I saw a recommendation on Reddit to spend wyrmite to get 5 Smithwyrms ASAP so they can always be working on stuff, since the earlier you get them the greater the benefit while building things.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/494721780515078144/495906742648045578/unknown.png
    Switch version when

I’m hearing that though they give out a lot of mana early, it becomes really scarce later on

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The raid starts at 11 PM pacific I believe so more like 14 hours, then lasts 24 hours

Eh? The thing I'm seeing says it lasts for one week

https://my.nintendo.com/news/fc92ff72fc62803c
    The Loyalty's Requiem raid event will begin on 2018/09/30 (Sunday) at 11:00PM until 2018/10/08 (Monday) at 10:59PM PT. During this event, you can use Co-op Play to fight against the flame raid boss!

Hahaha I misread the dates because they’re not in mm/dd/yyyy format so my brain shut down

BahamutZERO.gif
    I actually did the same thing
    Starts on a Sunday goes till a Monday = 1 day event

CD World Tour status:
    I was a little worried about a one day event that starts at 11 PM my time today, since I wouldn't even be able to start it until after 5 PM tomorrow!

Also now I'm broke from upgrading my castle so I guess it's back to Avenue of Fortune for me.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I've been playing pretty casually since launch and just racked up enough wyrmite for my first 10x summon since launch. I got one 4* and a bunch of eldwater form the 3*'s. OOF.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/494721780515078144/495906742648045578/unknown.png
    Switch version when

I’m hearing that though they give out a lot of mana early, it becomes really scarce later on

Oh dont say that please. Ive been dumping into mana circles willy nilly to get to 6k :bigfrown:

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I finally figured out I can upgrade buildings in my castle after I saw a recommendation on Reddit to spend wyrmite to get 5 Smithwyrms ASAP so they can always be working on stuff, since the earlier you get them the greater the benefit while building things.

Where do you get more smithwyrms? I can’t find them :(

Feldorn wrote: »

Where do you get more smithwyrms? I can’t find them :(

There's a + next to the display of available/total in the corner.

Reddit says today's shop has Light Metal which is apparently needed for 3* weapon upgrades so I grabbed all 20 at 300 rupies a piece. Game needs a multi-buy feature.

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Thanks. Not sure why I didn’t notice that.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Fully unbinding a wyrmprint (4* for me in this case) unlocked two new abilities on that wyrmprint even without leveling it at all.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    Reigner wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Switch version when

Oh dont say that please. Ive been dumping into mana circles willy nilly to get to 6k :bigfrown:

Well, one upside to not being behind JP is we can hope for tweaks if its an issue.

I would wait to see what's available tomorrow before judging anything on economy with this though.

I was definitely dumping mana to see the stories on characters and I'll probably need to stop that.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So wait a second, this isn't released in Canada? O_o

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    So wait a second, this isn't released in Canada? O_o

Europe neither far as I can tell.

Steam ID: Right here.
    I'm sure they'll make another server for canada/europe in about 3-5 months, with all content and updates starting from the beginning, with less reward events

CD World Tour status:
    Unlocked crafting after beating Chapter 2. This looks pretty simple mechanically. Make weapon + four copies, uncap weapon, upgrade, repeat.

edited September 2018
    Yeah although you also need 5 copies of that process to make 5 of the second tier weapon to turn into 1 3rd tier weapon, which is a pretty big material and weapon exp grind

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Hey everyone I am Relatively New to Gacha*, so I have a number of questions.

Should I hold back on using upgrade items on my 4* characters? Just save them for any 5* I eventually get? I'm talking upgrading mana circles, using EXP items, etc.

Should I hold onto my Wyrmite for 10 Summon Pulls, or is there a better way to use it?

Should I be focusing on story events, co-op raids, ???

Anyway this game is super cute and I look forward to having to budget myself so I don't drop inordinate amounts of cash into it in a desperate attempt to get The Cool Character.

*I've played a bit of KHU and Puzzles and Dragons but never got super into it, and always admired Granblue's art from afar but was too intimidated to get into it, but new game = everyone's relatively equal until I get outspent!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    upgrade your favorites

another good use of wyrmite is to buy the smithwyrms that work on building at the castle, I've heard suggested to get 5

I'd say to focus story until you're done since certain events are locked behind it, note that your coop feathers max at 50 and you'll get 6 per level so make sure you're using enough to not just burn them

CD World Tour status:
    TDawg wrote: »

Should I hold back on using upgrade items on my 4* characters? Just save them for any 5* I eventually get? I'm talking upgrading mana circles, using EXP items, etc.

Should I hold onto my Wyrmite for 10 Summon Pulls, or is there a better way to use it?

Anyway this game is super cute and I look forward to having to budget myself so I don't drop inordinate amounts of cash into it in a desperate attempt to get The Cool Character.

*I've played a bit of KHU and Puzzles and Dragons but never got super into it, and always admired Granblue's art from afar but was too intimidated to get into it, but new game = everyone's relatively equal until I get outspent!

@TDawg this game is brand new and I don't think that people really know what the most efficient "meta" decisions are yet. In other gacha games, 5* units are generally stronger as a rule of thumb than lower rarity units but often there are 3* and 4* units that stand alongside 5* units as top tier units, while there are also commonly some 5* units that just fall flat. Just like in pokemon how a pokemon with a lower stat total can outperform a pokemon with a higher stat total thanks to a better stat distribution and/or a better movepool.

3DS Friend Code:
    Yeah although you also need 5 copies of that process to make 5 of the second tier weapon to turn into 1 3rd tier weapon, which is a pretty big material and weapon exp grind

Yes that's what I said

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular

@TDawg this game is brand new and I don't think that people really know what the most efficient "meta" decisions are yet. In other gacha games, 5* units are generally stronger as a rule of thumb than lower rarity units but often there are 3* and 4* units that stand alongside 5* units as top tier units, while there are also commonly some 5* units that just fall flat. Just like in pokemon how a pokemon with a lower stat total can outperform a pokemon with a higher stat total thanks to a better stat distribution and/or a better movepool.

Thank you for translating it into Pokemon because I genuinely needed it

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    for instance I have 4* phoenix as a dragon and she is the greatest

CD World Tour status:
    Oh get her wings max at 50? What does stamina max outta?

BahamutZERO.gif

No idea, I've had it get over 100 without issue.

Thank you for translating it into Pokemon because I genuinely needed it

I've also played some games where it is more economical to upgrade the lower rarity units first since they're more cost efficient and/or spike in power earlier, even if the the ceiling of their power level is lower than the 5*'s. In that case, it was recommended to upgrade a workhorse team of lower rarity units first in order to get a force that's capable of defeating higher level content and grinding the necessary materials to bankroll the process of upgrading your 5*'s. Keep in mind, that's just in general and not necessarily indicative of anything in this game (I'm still learning the ropes). However I do know that you can upgrade wyrmprints by "unbinding" them by sacrificing duplicate copies. For example, I have a 5* wyrmprint that boosts my crit rate my crit damage. I also have a 3* wyrmprint that just boosts my crit rate. While the 3* wyrmprint is obviously weaker, it will be far easier to unbind and upgrade it. The fully unbound and upgraded 3* wyrmprint is likely going to be stronger than my unupgraded 5* one.

3DS Friend Code:
    Polaritie wrote: »

No idea, I've had it get over 100 without issue.

Stamina will overflow, I have over 100/30 right now. But yeah, use those wings before they hit 50 because anything past that is just lost and you get 6 per level, so always try to stay below 44, though you can stock up in anticipation of something like the upcoming raid.

Other than leveling, how do wings replenish? Are they time based at all?

I've heard 999
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Other than leveling, how do wings replenish? Are they time based at all?

They'll time regen when under 6 is my understanding but I have never had mine get that low

CD World Tour status:
    Damn, yeah, that's not a ton of wings for daily use once we break out of the perma-leveling early game.

If it's anything like Granblue Fantasy, Cygames's other mobile offering, we'll be drowning in stamina and wing items soon enough.

If it's anything like Granblue Fantasy, Cygames's other mobile offering, we'll be drowning in stamina and wing items soon enough.

It took a few years to hit that point

And now I have literally thousands of AP refills in Granblue and roughly uh... Six thousand of the items that restore their equivalent of wings

This discussion has been closed.