As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The good news is, this is a 7 day event, so there's still a bit of time to gear up. It isn't panic time yet.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The good news is, this is a 7 day event, so there's still a bit of time to gear up. It isn't panic time yet.

Or since some of the gear I need ONLY MAYBE drops in raids, I won’t panic at all.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I switched Zam lead out with Boba and was able to down Tier 5

I'm probably not going to continue gearing up my current 7* bounty hunters, because I don't think it's a good use of resources. I feel like I'm better off in the long run getting bastila, and bossk *'d up

By the time it comes back around my bounty hunters should be solid, and Chewy ready for g12.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Yeah i got Chewie up to 5* which I'm pretty content with now (I can't even get a shot off in Tier 6).

Most of the BH I have now are not the ones I"ll be using long term (IG88, Cad Bane, Greedo, Boba, and Dengar), so I'm not going to spend resources leveling them.

Once I get Bossk, Embo, Sing, and Jango up to 7* (or as close as possible with the latter 3), and put more time into Dengar, I'll have a team ready to go. Now that Bastila is farmable and I only need 40 shards for her, I can spend crystals on the Bounty Hunters.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    During their bonus BH shard drop week, I managed to get my Bossk up to 55/100 shards. But now that those bonus shards have dried up, I am realistically another 15-20 days away from finishing him, maybe even more than that considering the horrid drop rates in hard nodes.

But yeah, I plan on getting to tier 5 and holding there. I already wanted Jango before this Chewie event. I'll just put effort into farming him up, finishing Bossk, and the next time Chewie comes around I'll win it easy with Jango lead, Bossk, Boba, Dengar, and Greedo as my team.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I'm not going to get Chewie, but I'm going to give it my best shot over the next few days. I have no regrets gearing up any character that has a ship. Now that Cad and IG-88 have rides, they are worth the investment regardless.

Yeah, and I'm definitely going to start farming BH ships.

Let's see, we've got Boba's ship, Cad's, Bossk's, and IG88's. That's 4 BH ships. I'm guessing we'll get a ship soon for Dengar (they made that one up in the Decipher CCG as well, so it already exists in the EU). Then there will be a ship event that requires BH ships.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    I am not even able to beat Tier 3 yet.

I only eeked that one out thanks to judicious use of Bounty Hunter's Resolve

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    I keep losing a hunter before I get a turn on Tier 5.

I might have to go with my blunt force strategy of “give everybody a set of Speed mods”.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Boba leader, IG, Zam, Greedo, and Cad was enough to beat tier 5 for the unlock. The key is Boba leader. Stack potency on everybody, it converts to health with his lead. If you have Dengar, you're even better off. He prevents Chewie from going stealth so you can kill him first. Probably drop IG or Cad for him since they don't have detonators. My Boba is G11, everybody else is 8 or 9.

I cleared tier 5 last night.

My team that won was Bossk leader, Boba, Dengar, Cad, Greedo.

It was pretty dicey. Greedo died before ever getting a turn. Cad got to shoot maybe once or twice but died pretty quickly too. Bossk was able to land his net move once on Chewie and then he died.

Won with Boba and Dengar as the only survivors, and Boba died 3 times, but kept getting revives.

Given how rough that was just on T5, there is absolutely no way I will advance further this time. At least I've got Chewie unlocked, and I can start gearing him and upgrading him.

I still want to finish out a strong Bounty Hunter team. I wanted to do that before we knew Chewie required it. They're a neat faction. I'm not sure what the final 5 will be that I settle on. I might actually settle on 6. I want to work Aura Sing onto the team for her insane damage to toppled targets. I want to build a BH team for Phase 3 of Sith. And then when I'm not fighting a target that can topple, I will sub out Aura Sing for somebody else.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Got a 6* Chewie earlier today. No idea how I pulled that off. Total rng with undergeared characters. Gear 12 Boba fett lead with g11 Dengar and IG88, g10 Greedo and g9 Zam. No zetas.

steam_sig.png
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Yeah I somehow managed to clear T5 after many unsuccessful attempts when the AI decided it hated Zam more than IG-88 (whose zeta is nuuuts)

I was able to clear T6 on Sunday. T7 is definitely not happening this time.

But I think even at 6-star, Chewie will do some good work for me.

Same. I rearranged a few mods from characters I don't use anymore to my bounty hunters and got past 6*. 7 is not happening anytime soon.

But by the time Chewie comes back in 6 months, I will have Aurra Sing, Bossk, Dengar, Boba, and potentially Embo ready. Bossk is close to 7* and Aurra and Embo are close to 6*.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Yeah their recommended level for T7 is 85 with G12+. That's a pretty steep requirement. I was working on BH before we knew about Chewie. I was working on them because after all the reworks, they're a great PVE team, and they also have a few niche PVP role to fill. They're great against Nightsisters, for example.

So anyway, BH was already the plan, and until I get them where I wanted them to be they are still the plan. They're needed in too many places to ignore. Especially since there are 2, maybe even 3 nodes in the DS TB that require them. So anyway, BH has been my focus for a while.

After I finish them up I will transition over to Rebels and get a team going with CLS, Han, Chewie, and a couple others. Maybe Old Ben and Leia. I'm not sure yet.

I tend to think about this game almost entirely from the PVE and raid angle, where teams are only allowed to be used once. And so with that line of thinking, R2 belongs on my Resistance team which means he cannot run with a Rebel team in the same raid or TB.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I finally got 7* chewie last night. Holy crap that took like a whole day of idly trying and restarting while i was doing other stuff.
    G12 Boba and Dengar, G11 Zam and Greedo, G8 Cad Bane, no zetas.
    I watched a vid suggesting that debuffs on the enemy team feed them turn meter, so i stopped AoE attacks completely until Chewie and Han were dead. Also used super weak Cad instead of IG (who i have at G12 with a zeta) based on the idea IG is really that squishy, and CB's stun can be essential (it was). Still needed the perfect storm of not too much damage taken on the first wave, dengar's stealth negating R2's smoke, and Greedo having a great time shooting chewie like 4 times in a row.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Dengar's anti-stealth mechanic is the #1 cause of restarts. If he doesn't proc stealth, its an insta-restart.

Jefi Revan confirmed.

Guess we gotta start farming those old republic characters

Balls

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    That’s cool, but I think I need to focus on other stuff.

JTR.
    Hoda after 1-2 more TBs.
    Bossk and maybe Dengar for Chewie.
    Shoretrooper to replace Stormtrooper.

And work on gearing dudes.

I'm working on Bossk (25/100 shards) for when Chewie comes back, and Resistance Trooper (20/85 shards) for when I get JTR.

I have Bastilla and HK at 7*, but really don't want to pump shards into T3, Mission, Zaalbar, and Jolee when I'm never going to use them. Hopefully Revan is another raid to work towards vs. another Legendary event.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    There are a bunch of OG characters in this game from the Old Republic era/games that do not have the "Old Republic" tag. The only characters who are tagged as Old Republic are the main party members from KotOR 1. So Bastila, Jolee, Mission, Zalbaar, and T3. And that's it.

Nihilus, Sion, Traya, HK, Jedi Consular, Jedi Guardian, Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper, Sith Marauder all do not have the Old Republic tag, even though they are all Old Republic characters.

Shit yeah HK-47 et. al. do not have the Old Republic tag. They could possibly add the tag to those characters and sell a bundle, but I'm not holding my breath.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Have people figured out how to beat Bastila Jedi teams? Or what's going on?

I got Bastila to 7-star, ranked up pretty high. Best I did was 25 (one time). I've hit 30-40 a bunch. And I've maintained a <50 rank pretty consistently for a while now. But just here real recently, like within the last 2 weeks, I fall out of top 100 almost every day. I haven't been able to get back to where I was. I am barely even able to hit <50 anymore. If I make all 5 of my attacks, I usually land somewhere between 50-60 before I run out of steam. And then the next day I'm back at like 130 again. I don't get it. This is only a very recent occurrence that I've started de-ranking so much.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    Have people figured out how to beat Bastila Jedi teams? Or what's going on?

I got Bastila to 7-star, ranked up pretty high. Best I did was 25 (one time). I've hit 30-40 a bunch. And I've maintained a <50 rank pretty consistently for a while now. But just here real recently, like within the last 2 weeks, I fall out of top 100 almost every day. I haven't been able to get back to where I was. I am barely even able to hit <50 anymore. If I make all 5 of my attacks, I usually land somewhere between 50-60 before I run out of steam. And then the next day I'm back at like 130 again. I don't get it. This is only a very recent occurrence that I've started de-ranking so much.

My nightsister team (Talzin lead) can consistently beat Jedi teams.

Remove all buffs with Ventress then immediately hit everyone with plague. No one can heal fast enough so everyone starts dying off one at a time. Once I get plague off, I usually auto the rest of the fight.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Was there a change in Nightsisters? It seems they rez way more than they used to.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Yes. They buffed the NS Zombie in the same patch that they released Chewie. It was kind of a stealth buff. They didn't really call much attention to it inside the game.

There is, however, a big writeup about it on the official forums.

Link:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183017/nightsister-zombie-rework-begone-paper-hello-fat

In a nutshell, they didn't want people using the strategy to have a super weak 7 star zombie with 0 mods because that goes contrary to game design, and the people who built him up got screwed by having an irreversably strong zombie. So they buffed the zombie a bunch and made it so everybody has a reason to gear him and mod him. And as a result of the Zombie buff, the entire NS team got a lot more resilient and hard to manage.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/184333/an-ancient-journey-of-redemption

Confirmation that an Old Republic team is required for Revan.

Given that some of these characters are on single nodes, the total farm time for this is probably 6-8 months. I bet I don't get Revan until his 3rd time cycling through if I start farming today. Which I'm not going to do.

Stick to the plan. That's how you win at this game. Chasing every new shiny thing is how you never accomplish anything. So I'm sticking to the plan. Which is Bounty Hunters right now. They were the plan before Chewie.

2 characters are only on Cantina energy. Last time they did that I prioritized Hera and still don’t have Ezra at 7. I see they learned how to solve that problem.

Ok. Like I said, unlock JTR, get her geared. Then go from there.

My goal is to 5 star Revan.

Not sure it's doable, but we'll see.

My BH team for Chewy is pretty close to being done.

You mean finish tier 5? Revan doesn’t unlock until 7, right?

Bastilla will have to carry my team as far as I'm allowed.

She's 7* and zeta'd, while everyone else is 3 stars.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Oh, it's seven star or nothing? Cool cool.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    yeah its a heros journey.
    i never played the old republic games so im not too bothered about this one.
    i havnt even unlocked traya so getting smashed up in arena by a character im months away from unlocking wont be anything new

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    JTR event is up again soon and I am still 20 shards away from having a 7* Veteran Chewie :x

I've been farming KOTOR characters lately, unfortunately it's Nihulus and Scion.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Ugh. Tier 5.

I like how Chewie hits them all with Speed Down, and they still all take turns before I get another shot.

It’s one thing to know the strategy for that fight. It’s another to have the RNG let you execute it.

Anyways, all downhill after that. Now I’m hitting the Stun Gun Wall.

Also not sure which ability to zeta first.

I think her leader zeta is the most important, if you are talking about JTR. Her leader allows the team to get cooldown resets.