As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ah, yeah, I missed that aspect of what Seyn was doing. Downgrade Wampa then, it's a fun ability but you're not lacking for ways to make things miserable for them.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Preference for Night Beast or Valen Rudor?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I thought Kath would be a good combo with two Fang Fighters, but it turns out that you're not really gonna have them at range 0 much because then that negates THEIR bonus

so I need to find a better Firespray loadout to pair with Fangs

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Valen has easier free mods I think. Make him scarier by giving him juke if there's points.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Valen has easier free mods I think. Make him scarier by giving him juke if there's points.

Haha I am at ONE point.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    For the Wedge/Luke/Dutch build, with a focus on ordnance, I would probably do something like this:

BTL-A4 Y-wing - •“Dutch” Vander - 52
    •“Dutch” Vander - Gold Leader (42)
    Expert Handling (2)
    Ion Torpedoes (6)
    R4 Astromech (2)

T-65 X-wing - •Luke Skywalker - 73
    •Luke Skywalker - Red Five (62)
    Proton Torpedoes (9)
    Instinctive Aim (2)
    Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

T-65 X-wing - •Wedge Antilles - 73
    •Wedge Antilles - Red Two (52)
    Outmaneuver (6)
    Proton Torpedoes (9)
    R2 Astromech (6)
    Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I do like the original idea. However, Luke with Supernatural Reflexes is a big ol' bucket of points, and I wouldn't trust myself to keep him alive, but could work very well if you can keep him out of arcs.
    With Luke and Wedge equal on points, it makes it slightly more of a toss-up on who to target first, imo. You kinda actually want them to go for Wedge or Dutch here, since Luke is a really good closer when they're down ships. If they do target and kill Luke first, the R2 Astromech (could upgrade to R2-D2 as well) will provide Wedge some good regen when you can't dodge everyone's arc (another thing I am bad at!). Luke has some baked-in defense with his pilot ability, so regen isn't as necessary.
    R4 gives Dutch more options to clear stress, allowing you to reload more often.

Side note: Leevan Tenza with Debris Gambit seems pretty good? Throw Afterburners in there for a cool 56 points...

Edit: the above is an "Extended" list. Outmaneuver isn't a "2.0" card yet.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Outmaneuver is actually a 2.0 card. I know because my friend used Outmaneuver Wedge as a quick build option against me.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Then the builder is incorrect!
    >_>

Edit: the above list is a 2.0 list then. I don't think there's anything else that's not 2.0

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Yo, keep these questions coming too. I've been a bit directionless and somewhat overwhelmed when trying to come up with list ideas, and your questions are super duper helpful for that, ChaosHat

edit: goes for anyone else too. I like making lists!
    I've also been kicking around the idea of a list-making "contest" of some sort.

Thoughts on a double firespray scum list?

This is a toughie for 2.0. I'll see what I can do :)

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    2.0 bringing back X-Wings brings a tear to my eye.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    This is what I came up with for 2.0:
    Escape Craft - •Outer Rim Pioneer - 26
    •Outer Rim Pioneer - Skillful Outlaw (24)
    Tactical Officer (2)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - •Krassis Trelix - 87
    •Krassis Trelix - Imperial Deserter (70)
    Concussion Missiles (6)
    L3–37 (4)
    Marauder (3)
    Han Solo (4)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - •Boba Fett - 85
    •Boba Fett - Notorious Bounty Hunter (80)
    Slave I (5)

Didn't think TOO hard on it, but seems like it could be alright.
    Adds in the standalone Escape Craft for that juicy Coordinate. There's room for a couple 1-pt talents too.

I may revisit 2xFirespray as an Extended list later as well.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Tactical Officer (2)

Concussion Missiles (6)
    L3–37 (4)
    Marauder (3)
    Han Solo (4)

Slave I (5)

Adds in the standalone Escape Craft for that juicy Coordinate. There's room for a couple 1-pt talents too.

I like the idea of Han flying with Boba Fett (different ship, but still…)

Don't have the escape craft, though :(

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The only time I remember Han flying with Fett, it didn't work out so well for Han.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    The only time I remember Han flying with Fett, it didn't work out so well for Han.

Uhhhh are you KIDDING me? He was frozen in suspended animation so he basically didn't age at all during that time. That alone people would KILL for. Two he got to kiss a princess in front of a bunch of tough dudes who you know are gonna spread that rumor around so that amps up his cool guy bona fides. Also the guy who put the bounty out on him got murdered and he took out the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy without even trying.

So he's up thousands of credits, his street cred is way higher, and he got to take a really solid nap and be younger and more rejuvenated at the end. It was great.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Tactical Officer (2)

Concussion Missiles (6)
    L3–37 (4)
    Marauder (3)
    Han Solo (4)

Slave I (5)

I like the idea of Han flying with Boba Fett (different ship, but still…)

Don't have the escape craft, though :(

OK this makes things a little harder :P
    I'll see if I can come up with something! I ended up going with the Escape Craft because I was having trouble throwing 100 points onto each of the Firesprays without feeling too "bloated". I may have to come at it from another angle...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I came up with this suggestion:

Krassis Trelix (70)
    Elusive (3)
    Ion Cannon (5)
    Cluster Missiles (5)
    Inertial Dampeners (1)
    Ablative Plating (4)

Boba Fett (80)
    Lone Wolf (4)
    Ion Cannon (5)
    Contraband Cybernetics (5)
    Ablative Plating (4)
    Slave I (5)
    Proton Torpedoes (9)

Total: 200

(Extended, but I don't see that as a problem.) Bit heavy on the upgrades, but the only other craft I have that's scum is the y-wing… (Technically, only rebel y-wings, even, but I could proxy the cards.)

• Options
    Hmm... how about another 2.0 list:
    Firespray-class Patrol Craft - •Emon Azzameen - 100
    •Emon Azzameen - Shipping Magnate (76)
    Elusive (3)
    Proximity Mines (6)
    Inertial Dampeners (1)
    Hull Upgrade (5)
    Andrasta (6)
    Seismic Charges (3)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - •Boba Fett - 100
    Fearless (3)
    Perceptive Copilot (10)
    Deadman’s Switch (2)
    Slave I (5)

Total: 200/200

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Boba Fett wrote:
    I didn't hear any complaints...

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    So I'm dabbling in 2.0 list making, may play tomorrow night.

With charges now for ordnance, why would I want Prockets I can use once for 5 dice and requires bullseye arc, instead of cluster missiles I could potentially use 4 times for 3 dice and costs 2 fewer points?

I'm guessing it has to do with agility rolls, if you're rolling 3v3 it's more likely to miss than 5v3, but wouldn't rolling 3v3 four times be more likely to generate hits than 5v3 one time?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Generally speaking, more damage all at once is better than smaller amounts of damage over time.

You’re both more likely to get damage through at all and score a OHK against a weaker ship.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Generally speaking, more damage all at once is better than smaller amounts of damage over time.

You’re both more likely to get damage through at all and score a OHK against a weaker ship.

That makes a lot of sense. A cluster missile with 3 red is unlikely to kill a TIE Fighter in one fell swoop, but 5 red is much more likely. If you get that off early on, that's a big swing.

What do people use to transport to game nights? Thinking about attending some stuff at the FLGS but I don't want to bring my whole big plano thing every time, just something small that will hold the ships/cards/templates.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I have a few small red planos that I use for bringing stuff with me.

This may be less practical now with the new size of upgrade cards...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I have a pretty pink tackle box that holds all my stuff.

The bottom of it generally turns into a mess of movement markers and stuff, but it's a cheap way to bring my stuff to the game.

• Options
    I cram them all in my pockets and bring a tube of superglue.
    Not really. I bring the big plano.

• Options
    I bring the big.plano and just leave the ship trays at home. Token tray comes with, stuff I'm flying goes in the top section assembled.

• Options
    The problem is that this game is kind of awkward. I think I could almost get by on a smaller plano and a deckbox for cards but then I don't think I'd have enough room to have tokens/asteroids, and the movement templates and oh the range ruler is too long.

They need like a hinged range ruler with magnets or something.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

That makes a lot of sense. A cluster missile with 3 red is unlikely to kill a TIE Fighter in one fell swoop, but 5 red is much more likely. If you get that off early on, that's a big swing.

What do people use to transport to game nights? Thinking about attending some stuff at the FLGS but I don't want to bring my whole big plano thing every time, just something small that will hold the ships/cards/templates.

Also just the threat of that attack can make people manuver differently, and more ships have Reload this time by around.

I carry / store mine in two single level ppano boxes plus a card binder. Was just the two boxes but the bigger components in 2.0 messed with that.

• Options
    I get the rest of my sleeves today!

I'll take a picture of my plano later to show how I've got it laid out right now. It may have to be rearranged, but we'll see after a few weeks.
    I'll probably transport my cards in a deckbox in addition to the plano.

• Options
    I saw some mods for like, adding a washer to the base and adding some sticky crap to the bottoms. Has anyone here done that? Seems like a pretty brilliant idea. I was knocking shit over constantly the other day.

• Options
    I saw some mods for like, adding a washer to the base and adding some sticky crap to the bottoms. Has anyone here done that? Seems like a pretty brilliant idea. I was knocking shit over constantly the other day.

I've seen that before. The weight of the base adds a nice ... uh ... solid feel? ... to the game. Weighty. Takes forever to do, though.

I've just got a grippy mat I use to play on, which solves most of the issues.

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    VT-49 Decimator - •Captain Oicunn - 91
    •Captain Oicunn - Inspired Tactician (84)
    Ruthless (1)
    Dauntless (6)

VT-49 Decimator - •Rear Admiral Chiraneau - 109
    •Rear Admiral Chiraneau - Advisor to Admiral Piett (88)
    Squad Leader (4)
    Minister Tua (7)
    Agile Gunner (10)

Total: 200/200

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Running YT-1300.
    Lando or C-3PO? It feels like Lando may be the better option? C-3PO provides one evade guaranteed. Lando is a bit more of a chance, but could be two evade or focus, guaranteed at least one focus or evade.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ... So my FLGS still hasn't received their X-Wing 2.0 shipment. It seems to have just disappeared into the ether.

So they went ahead and just ordered more stuff.

The main upshot is it looks like the preorder damage decks will not be arriving. :(

• Options
    ... So my FLGS still hasn't received their X-Wing 2.0 shipment. It seems to have just disappeared into the ether.

The main upshot is it looks like the preorder damage decks will not be arriving. :(

Did they.... Forget? That seems odd

• Options

Did they.... Forget? That seems odd

Nope - the order just seems to not have been shipped for some reason, and they've been told it's on its way, and now the distributor doesn't know what's up ...

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    So I'm thinking of buying a bit into second edition. Is Saw's Renegades a good follow up to the starter set for a Rebellion list?

• Options
    It's pretty good for a bit of variety in my opinion, if you're not getting conversion kits.
    A Y-wing or a third x-wing are what I would grab next.

• Options
    So apparently Fly Casual is a thing. Is that fun? Does it work? Do we need a FORUM WIDE LEAGUE?!

• Options
    Eh, Vassal works fairly well and has 2.0 support.

If you don't mind bland 2d and lots of windows, I mean.

• Options
    I have sleeved my X-Wing 2.0 Core Set, Rebel Conversion Kit, Imperial Conversion Kit, and Scum Conversion Kit.

Damn that was a lot of sleeves.