As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Horizontal

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Horizontal

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Ryulin1990Ryulin1990 Registered User new member
    I don't get the references here. smart people help?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    "Horizon" is a driving festival in this game series,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmQNo8xtcAg

in 3 I am given to understand it was "held" in Australia, 4 is in Scotland. The humour is derived from the fact that videogame driving usually results in not insignificant property damage, which would be undesirable for any sane city.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ryulin1990 wrote: »
    I don't get the references here. smart people help?
    I think the festival is a fictional one in some racing game that serves as the reason you're doing all the racing?

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    That graph offends me. We can all see the trend thank you.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I really feel the need for Gregor Fisher to do a sketch based on this comic.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Can you see the part of the trend where it shifts slightly into the past?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Can you see the part of the trend where it shifts slightly into the past?
    'Cause of the chronomagi, you see.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    "Horizon" is a driving festival in this game series,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmQNo8xtcAg

in 3 I am given to understand it was "held" in Australia, 4 is in Scotland. The humour is derived from the fact that videogame driving usually results in not insignificant property damage, which would be undesirable for any sane city.

The rest of the humour is that Edinburgh City council would willingly - no, eagerly throw as many old people, small children and pets into the path of those witch-cars as it took to get just one more tourist rammed into the place. And if a few beautiful irreplaceable regency-era buildings get damaged and have to be immediately torn down and replaced with incredibly ugly slab concrete office buildings at a huge profit to their mates, well so be it.

• Options
    lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    "There have even been reports of time reversing witch-cars, whipped into deviltry by chronomagi."
    This sounds like the kind of things I say to my wife before she starts ignoring me. *sigh*

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    She'll be sorry when she gets Cursed Clutch or something like that

• Options
    swift_chamoisswift_chamois Registered User regular
    It is my life goal as a scientist to publish something meaningful with a skull on the ordinate axis.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

That's not trend, that's data.

And poor planning.

• Options
    DistantlurkerDistantlurker Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

That's not trend, that's data.

And poor planning.

As V1m alludes to above, 'poor planning' is Edinburgh City Council's raison d'etre.

(also. I wonder if Jerry realizes we have some very beautiful cemeteries in the City.)