As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm gonna pop up on discord if anyone just wants to, you know, hang out

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    MMO Tusk is dead, couldn't abide with the way he looked once I got him out of the character creator and tutorial and into the natural lighting of the game. He was I'd say 80% there, and if I could have given him a facial expression other than a surly scowl it would have helped a ton. He has been replaced by Tiefling Paladin who the character creator basically grabbed me by the hand and forced me to make look like a sexy librarian, and Brodenkainen the Muscle-Wizard, with his magical bICEps and ABSjuration.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    hello cuties

just felt like saying hello

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @The Hanged Man @iguanacus @Melding @Rainfall

Hey everybody, figured I'd notify y'all so you don't miss this. I just talked to Rainfall, and she is going through some real trashfire times right now and might need to take a break from GMing. She has a plan for how the game is gonna go, but it's hard to make those plans come to fruition when things feel bad.

The question I'm asking, is what should be our back-up plan? Does someone else want to try their hand at running something? Would we like to just commit to hanging out for a bit on Thursdays with video games, or just chatting? Other ideas?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I've still got more material if you want to play more in my setting. Or if someone else has an idea, I'm up for playing another thing too.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    I'm constantly worried about pushing other folk into GMing when they'd rather not, but if you're up for more of your game then I'm down

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i would be up for hanging out or whatever, I reacently remembered that the pathfinder 2e playtest exists and i kind of wanted to try it but that is a can of worms i would spring on no one, ever.

• Options
    With y'all, I'd be willing to test Pathfinder. I find that a lot of my negative impressions of Pathfinder 1E are tied to some gross-ass people who were big fans and advocates. I think it looks like it has some flaws, but if I weren't willing to engage with a less-than-perfect game, I wouldn't play so much 5E.

• Options
    I'd give it a shot

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    i was readign the update log for it, and jesus, there is a lot of pages to this. at least they're putting out updates though, i remember the dndnext stuff being kind of hit or miss with updates

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    I'd be up to try it

• Options
    Rest in Peace Pablo EskoBear

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    exk47ctg5vt8.jpg

• Options
    so what's the plan tomorrow?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I'm cool with playing if Scott wants to run it. I'm also up to try some pathfinder if melding wanted to run the playtest. I'm also up to just shoot the shit for a little while. I was feeling a little anti-social last week and didn't want to bring the mood down if anything else was discussed.

• Options
    we opted against pathfinder after spending a couple minutes looking at the rules, and reminding ourselves why we aren't playing pathfinder

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    @The Hanged Man hey Scoot, are you up for running a thing this evening?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    No problem!

• Options
    i opened up the pdf for the pathfinder 2.0 and went "oh yeah, pathfinder" and closed it

• Options
    Last time we played, you guys did the jailbreak, wrassled with Absalon the Reckoner (blindfolded knight), decided he was too much trouble, then gtfo to the woods, right? Lady Octavia made her own escape on the borrowed broomstick after you got her out of the antimagic field in the jail cell?

• Options
    Yep, after the knight took a couple wild magic type explosions and gave us a "is that it?" look we ran like scared little children

• Options
    "Is that the best you can do?"
    "Yes. please leave."

• Options
    It's looking like tonight won't work for me. We've got a decent sized protest brewing in Salt Lake. I've got a couple friends who want to go, who've expressed that they'd feel safer in a group. Gonna run home from work, pop an extra dose of my anxiety meds, and swap out my work clothes for my sunday suit. Put my 'respectable'-looking white man powers to good use somewhere up front between the bulk of the crowd and the cops.

• Options
    Keep safe man. Maybe run down that protester supplies checklist just in case? Dunno how rowdy they get over there in Mormon-country.

• Options
    godspeed.

• Options
    No worries, I'm not inexperienced. I would bet heavily against it getting rowdy here. Utah protests tend to be overwhelmingly white, and full of a surprising number of young families who brought their kids. Cops ain't gonna do shit here. It would be a media nightmare.

On the other hand, I'd be surprised if the protest route weren't lined with college age "Debate Me" type brodudes. If there's trouble, that's where it's going to be coming from, but those kind of dumbasses tend focus on hassling other young people, and wilt if an actual adult makes eye contact with them.

• Options
    god speed, Scoot

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Protest was all right. Nobody made trouble, weather didn't turn gross until afterwards, found a new pretty great Greek restaurant on the way back to the train.

We don't seem to have accumulated any local news coverage to speak of, but it's still early, maybe the articles are coming later today.

• Options
    how are my good nerd friends

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Alive. Watching Amy Falcone stream art while I wait for lunch. Old man joints all aching because this is the one week a year where it rains in Utah. How are you?

• Options
    Arr nooo, you started twitch’n right as I left for lunch. I’ll check in in an hour or so

• Options
    Taco Tuesday was a mistake

• Options
    what's the plan for Thursday

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I'm ready to run the thing. Same plan from last week, before the branches of the federal government achieved an illegitimacy hat trick.

• Options
    we continuing the same characters from last time? because, like, I got loads and loads of idea in case we don't

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Hmm. That's an interesting idea actually. How would you all feel about rolling new characters as part of another rebel cell (probably not from that portion of the Resistance that answers to Lady Octavia), to see from another perspective how the Panjandrum occupation reacts to the most brazen act of defiance it's experienced so far? I've got material for continuing with Team: Size Category Small, but I've also got material for other groups in the city.

• Options
    Also, if Kulshedra's political turmoil as a backdrop isn't setting your imagination ablaze right now, I'd be up for shifting focus to something more traditional, in the style of nomadic adventurers seeking dungeons to raid.

• Options
    I could do with RPing someone a little less... chaotic, either way

Zephy is pretty freewheeling, but it's extra exhausting getting into Arly's headspace

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I'm on discord early, if anyone wants to pop in meow

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Just remember Hanged Man, if our stupid bullshit ever gets to be too much for you (goes for you too Rainfall!)

giphy.gif