As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    three times I've failed hasiko's revenge. Each fail boss did spirit burn every damn turn and my mp always went to zero on my mp enablers. Ugh.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Wow. I have not seen a single Ignis today. People are really not pulling on this banner. I guess 7* Nyx will have to be enough. I've seen one bonus round so far so that's a nice start.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    They finally gave me my Lapis!

it only took 2 week, and got to me a full week after the banner I bought it to pull on was gone!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    What would people prefer as a friend unit, 6* Nyx with fixed dice (around 800 atk) or Noctis with Pod (around 1100 atk)?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    fourth try, spirit burn 4 straight turns, ayaka had only 71 left, Nichol was empty. couldn't get mp back without an item. Just guarded 3 straight turns hoping to regen some mp but spirit burn every time.

I think I'll stop with it for a bit. I'm getting frustrated again at this design.

edit: so far the best I could do is cg nichol with 463 def 739 spr, and ayaka at 382 def and 985 spr.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yeah that fight seems entirely too much of a hassle for the rewards. Think I'll be skipping it.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Is that the one with the petrifying spear? That seems useful.

• Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    fourth try, spirit burn 4 straight turns, ayaka had only 71 left, Nichol was empty. couldn't get mp back without an item. Just guarded 3 straight turns hoping to regen some mp but spirit burn every time.

I think I'll stop with it for a bit. I'm getting frustrated again at this design.

edit: so far the best I could do is cg nichol with 463 def 739 spr, and ayaka at 382 def and 985 spr.

Who do you have breaking? There is a huge difference in MP drain when broken, so you really want to break asap. Ayaka I found was not a great MP battery as it costs 99MP to cast. I used it at the beginning to get everyone back up and running but then I used Ace and CG Lid more often.

If I had to re-do it, I might sub Ayaka out for CG Nichol. Getting Def/Spr buffs in addition to the breaks would help even more with lessening the MP drain and his refresh would probably be enough healing, I barely needed Ayaka except to top Wilhelm off.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Is that the one with the petrifying spear? That seems useful.

Even in Arena, I can't help but feel any status ailment weapons are highly situational. Too many ways to gear and materia past it now. Those jerks with A Rains and uber HP Ayakkas are differently gearing them to punch you in the d*** if you select them for an arena round, so its not like ANY status ailment is gonna help there.

And what boss can you stone? Is there one? Even just one might, MIGHT, make a slight difference. I mean, they are nice to have, but you're not going to significantly affect outcomes with it.

Eh, I might make a few passes at this before next friday. But if I forget its no big deal as far as I'm concerned.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    What would people prefer as a friend unit, 6* Nyx with fixed dice (around 800 atk) or Noctis with Pod (around 1100 atk)?

At 40/en or about 3h between legendaries, I typically have enough 200% friends, or certainly 100% this time. Would guess Noctis isn't getting used much so maybe a raid killer or anything really.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    For the spear, the better thing is that it's a dark element spear with good attack. If you didn't get Elza or GLSakura and missed out on the dark spear from two Halloween's ago then it's the only dark element spear in the game.

Cruor on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Yeah I guess I'm just hitting the wrong buttons or something because this Hasiko fight is impossible for me. I've got CG Fina with 800+ SPR and 510 MP being nuked to zero every round, plus being berserked despite my balloon-using Wilhelm sitting right there. Top that off with the fact that she reduces everyone's mana to 0 every turn and we have a winner for worst fight introduced in the game so far. This even tops that shitty skeleton they threw out a year or whatever it was ago that was immune to everything except non-elemental magic damage (which I only had ExDeath for at the time). Garbage fight and not even worth it for the rewards.

Balloon gives 15% provoke. With Wilhelm's innate provoke, that makes 65%. You also need Moogle Plushie and K Producer's Jacket for an additional 30%. That gives you 95% for near full passive provoke.

I built CG Fina for defense, MP, and MP refresh, with just enough SPR to give her Curaja some oomph. I also brought CG Lid (who also has an MP restore ability), geared the same as Fina, except without SPR. Together, they were enough to give everyone enough MP to work with. Even Hyoh, who's incredibly MP hungry.

Breaks are important. Keeping Hasiko broken at all times will keep you alive and will reduce the MP drain. 60% breaks, preferably.

So, break + cover + passive provoke + decent MP restore + decent DPS = easy fight.

No, really. Once you can keep fighting indefinitely without risk of death, there are no threshold gimmicks or LB/Esper kills to worry about. Just whittle away her HP until she's dead.

The issue is more that she's Spirit Burning every single time. Like, every round. Unless there's some break materia that costs zero mana that I'm unaware of, this fight is unwinnable for me. The videos I've seen of clears on this fight show the player lucking out and not getting spirit burned for a couple of rounds, which is nice for them, but it never happens for me. Six attempts in a row, every one are five straight rounds of spirit burn and there's zilch I can do about it. It's fine, I'm not worked up about it but it is a poorly designed fight, that's all.

Edit: Also, 40 energy per attempt = no bueno.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    So, apparently if you go to the Fan Festa that's coming up you get a new unit and her 7* Prism. She will be added to the rare summon pool in the future.

Aurora Fryevia. She's a Light Hybrid version of Fryevia. TMR is 30ATK/MAG robes with +10%ATK/MAG. STMR is a two-handed Hybrid Sword, stats TBD. Her sprite is also TBD. Neat.

Announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtJ-KN3jaZY

Cruor on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Spirit Burn is 15% chance. You must have shit luck.

[edit] I want her. I want Light Fryevia. I want her. I want her...

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Jakarrd wrote: »

Who do you have breaking? There is a huge difference in MP drain when broken, so you really want to break asap. Ayaka I found was not a great MP battery as it costs 99MP to cast. I used it at the beginning to get everyone back up and running but then I used Ace and CG Lid more often.

If I had to re-do it, I might sub Ayaka out for CG Nichol. Getting Def/Spr buffs in addition to the breaks would help even more with lessening the MP drain and his refresh would probably be enough healing, I barely needed Ayaka except to top Wilhelm off.

I've got Rinoa applying breaks, and nichol and ayaka for mp regen, but when I get three spirit burns in a row I don't have enough MP to withstand that. right now Im getting her down to 24% but its a fighting battle to keep everyone up, espeically using an item and lb so I don't know. I thought nichol and ayaka mp regen would be enough but Nichol usually loses all his MP so I have to hope ayaka has 99 up to replinish but still.

Spirit burn shouldn't go off 50% of the time, especially when it happens turn after turn after turn. as often as it goes, they need to tweak the damn thing down. a challenge is one thing, a frustrating wall that is labelled a challenge seems bad.

I'm using passive provoke wilhelm, rinoa for magic damage, extra heals, raise, Ayaka for mp regen and rereaise, nichol for buffs and mp regen, dark fina for damage.

I mean, if I have to drop fina for ace I could. Or I could try raegen or sephiroth for for fire damage physical and look for a friend chained...

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    So I bought the ticket for the FanFesta in Cali thinking I would be there for Blizzcon anyways and didn't pay attention to the month. So I have a ticket but won't be able to get there. I'm curious how that will work.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I lost twice on the raid trial, swapping a few things. What won it for me was yeah, breaks.

I took out MS Nichol and put in my 7-star Ramza, geared for DEF. He had plenty of MP left at around 450 DEF or so, and did a Dual Break for atk/mag. After that it was easy street. Those breaks were enhanced btw.

Any unit that can be geared for high DEF and an ATK/MAG break should suffice. WOL, Basch, etc. If your healer gets berserked then just bring another healer with less SPR. It's easy to game around once you know what's happening.

Plus we're getting 0-10 free NRG pots a day now thanks to the ads, which seem to be more consistent.

We pull units so we can fight hard content. Might as well try.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Find a friend malphasie who can chain with a tornado unit or probably just solo it reasonably quickly. She will eventually counter with 60% atk /mag breaks which should cut the drain down a lot.

If you don't have one I can probably switch back a bit later for a while

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I did the habisco (tm) trial using ace and ayaka with her TM and I would use Arains use LB gauge to regen mp and hp to give ace enough so he could spirit hands which would give ayaka enough to use dedication.

it worked fairly well.

If I have 3 level 100 noctises can I use them for LGD or am I setting myself up for failure?

• Options
    Sinzar was able to beat it with all 4*'s. Took 34 turns... It seems a unit with MP refresh is better than one with straight MP restore so that on turns when you get spirit burned, you still get MP back. Queen's Magic Martyr +2 seems like a perfect fit. At 6* with equip staff and dual wield, she can get to 600 SPR. After 1 round it'll drop her 95% to activate Berserk+2, which buffs her SPR 200%. With the buff, MM+2 would be restoring 95MP per turn to everyone over 5 turns.

Here's a list of MP healers and refreshers: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/77dtoc/the_mana_battery_list_v2/

May be a good trial for the return of the bards.

• Options
    Finally had a 7* Ignis pop up on my list. LGD is doable with 2x pod chainers (fire weapon) and 6* Nyx TDH finishing with Ignis providing ATK buffs. Now if I could only find Ignis more often...

• Options
    edited October 2018
    finally beat it. I ended up swapping out dark fina for Arain, figured I'd use him to absorb as a magic tank, BUT I didn't realize he had scarlet healing. That was the MVP right there. I almost always had close to 50% of LB up for it, and once I stablized, i was able to use wilhelm to atk break while rinoa would arms break just to keep the mag down a bit. My friend unit wasn't stone free, so she would sit there till I needed her and then have ayaka purify so she could act.

Also, I didn't think osmose MP would work but it appraently was, for any of you that might want to use it for replenishment. Mine was the black magic one but I dunno if the esper one or ability one works as well or not.

Edit: My units need their eq reorered now. I'm like @Papagander wrt eq swapping. Can I get a party loadout command that allows me to save custom eq setups for easier swapping?

Jakarrd on

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I did the habisco (tm) trial using ace and ayaka with her TM and I would use Arains use LB gauge to regen mp and hp to give ace enough so he could spirit hands which would give ayaka enough to use dedication.

it worked fairly well.

If I have 3 level 100 noctises can I use them for LGD or am I setting myself up for failure?

yes, 3 level 100 noctii using fire and holy weapons with 800-1000 atk can work using warp strike. not sure if I need nyx imperil for the boss but it helps.

• Options
    Yeah I use 2 Noctii with Pods and holy weapons (round 2 and 3 mobs are fire resistant) with around 1000 atk and I can clear everything. I throw on Defensive Freeze for the boss and Nyx hitting with warp strike just in case.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I really like being able to do MK event with a full team of bonus units, even if it's mostly 50% guys. It's somehow more satisfying, and it makes it way easier to hoard tickets and stuff.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I just use one Trance Terra. Broken.

Magus` on
  • Options
    Well this is the easiest LGD level i can remember and the meta keeps moving.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Ah cool, fair enough. I thought I had remembered something about specific stat targeting attacks (like Aigaion's punch) overriding innate provoke. Must have been misremembering. My bad!

No, you’re right- Moogle plushie is 30% draw attacks. The 15% shield is the craftable from the Ariana collab (pink floatie?)

50% from the moustache
    30% from moogle plushie
    15% from yellow balloon
    15% from K producer’s jacket
    —-
    110%

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Ah cool, fair enough. I thought I had remembered something about specific stat targeting attacks (like Aigaion's punch) overriding innate provoke. Must have been misremembering. My bad!

No, you’re right- Moogle plushie is 30% draw attacks. The 15% shield is the craftable from the Ariana collab (pink floatie?)

50% from the moustache
    30% from moogle plushie
    15% from yellow balloon
    15% from K producer’s jacket
    —-
    110%

Huh...

• Options
    Oh Jeebus, gain 150k for a uoc ticket? ugh, I thoguht I'd get a break just farming the normal items for this MK event and be done.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, that Hasiko's Revenge fight really takes you by surprise. Underestimated that MP drain everyone is talking about and gave up the first try. Second try I went in specifically to get past it. Had three mana batteries (Lunera, CG Nichol and Ayaka), and just brute forced my MP through. Had Wilhelm with as much passive provoke as possible (I don't have Equip Clothes yet, so he had 95%), but when he wasn't berserk he would use his ATK or MAG breaks, otherwise I relied on Orlandeau's Crush Weapon and neutered her damage. Even unenhanced, Crush Weapon worked well enough.

Zomro on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    On my anniversary trip until wednesday. Which isnt helping my "try to get back into this game" initiative. Probably skipping this MK event almost entirely at this point. Blugh

Its not even a sunk cost metality. (?) I have zero desire to spend money on this game right now. But I dont want all the money I DID spend go to waste.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Isn't that exactly what sunk cost mentality is? Lol. It's why I'm still here.

• Options
    Because of the huge pool of bonus units, this us probably going to be the easiest MK event to farm. Plus you should not need to spend many resources to get a full team. The hard part is finding a 200% bonus friend.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yeah, most of mine are just Noctis. I think I did put up 7* Nyx for people, though, so that's at least a 100%.

But yeah, I have Nyx, Libertus, and Gladiolus. So I just have 200% on my own side, 250% with the friend Noctis. On the plus side, I can literally just Auto ELT this time, so I can farm it while doing something else.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I’ve got 3 promptos, 3 Noctis, and the 7 Star Nyx. This event has been super easy as. A result but my bonus mob ratio has not been good

• Options
    LGD is pretty easy this time. My shitty Noctis and my shitty Gladiolus can kill the boss with a Pod chain after a World Destroyer break, Hero's Rhyme buff, and Ignis's imperil. It's finding Ignises that's the real challenge.

• Options
    I just started seeing bonus mobs this morning. Found 1 7* Ignus on my friends list and got my first double bonus mobs, 32K whooo.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Hey I just got an Ignis! Not 7* but I will share him now.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    I have a surprising amount of FFXV 5 star units: 2 100 lvl Noctis, 2 Promptos (1 level 100), 2 Gladiolus (1 level 100). I also got two Libertus, but used a 4 star ticket and got the 4 star bonus unit.

I am farming with 1 Glad, 2 Noctis, 1 Prompto, 1 Ravus. I have had a lot of luck finding random friend Nyx with over 1000 attack from the friend list. Been able to farm LGD several times. Currently have 73000 flasks.

Still, it such a pain, then again, I figured that if I use 200-300 lapis on refreshes for a piece of the 7 star ticket is a good investment.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
This discussion has been closed.