As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Krypton] And a small planet called 'Detroit'

Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her|Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
edited March 2018 in Debate and/or Discourse
be3bcafbaer9.jpg
Krypton is an American television series developed by David S. Goyer and Damian Kindler for Syfy. The series takes place on the titular planet, approximately 200 years before the birth of Kal-El / Superman and eventual destruction of the planet, focusing on his grandfather, Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe). Krypton premiered on March 21, 2018, and will consist of ten episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSZKB2WNKg

So I watched the pilot for this today, fully expecting it to be 'Super'-bad... and... umm... It was actually okay, I guess? The look of the Skimmer vehicles, the shield around the city, and the city itself all looked really nice. The actor playing the Bartender was pretty cool too. I might actually keep watching this. Thoughts?
And how long before we see Brainiac? Probably just before the end of season one, most likely. They'll want to stretch that out, for sure.

Edit: Also... :snap: :P

Zilla360 on

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Any guesses on how many seasons until they introduce Lex Luthor as a villain?

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    End of season 2, I'd guess?

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Any guesses on how many seasons until they introduce Lex Luthor as a villain?

It'll be like Gotham and start tossing in any Superman villain by Season 2.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    This makes me think of a CW show so much. Keep forgetting that it's SyFy

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Rau-niac demonstrates some fake god powers and Seg is like "I can't even!" slouched against the wall for cover. :lol:

• Options
  • Options
    Lobo is coming in Season 2.

And here he is:
    zpl38ub1ei3cm81jo9jl.png

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The uh
    Screaming vampire skull on his crotch
    is a bit much

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    The uh
    is a bit much

You say too much, I say not enough!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    ObiFett wrote: »
    The uh
    is a bit much

If it was anyone but Lobo I'd agree, but this guy is a heavy metal space biker who is a parody of 90s grimdark dumbshit so I'd say his look is pretty on point. The question is whether the writers remember that he's a parody character or not.

(I'm guessing probably not)

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Have they mentioned releasing this on blu ray? I needs it. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    He bikes space.

• Options
    At least they didn't go for this look:
    IMG_00241.jpg

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Have they mentioned releasing this on blu ray? I needs it. :(
    Google says 'TBC'. And only for the DVD, not BDVD, weirdly.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    At least they didn't go for this look:
    IMG_00241.jpg

Hey, there's room for that Lobo too.

Most of it is on the bootheel of the real Main Man when he finds out somebody like that is going around the galaxy with the name "Lobo".

• Options
    The Main Man now gets his own show, because why not.

I wonder when it'll be set. The current before Superman era or the Superman era.

• Options
    Aww, they:
    killed off Braniac in Ep-2x01. Killed by a big stick! :rotate: I expect he's got plenty more bodies elsewhere though.
    And Daron-Vex (lol at scooping poop and space weevils) as well, so both of the lead antagonists from season 1 are now dead/out of the picture.
    Clearing the board, etcetera...
    I'm hoping this isn't just so the show can be become the 'all-Lobo-all-the-time' show. Save that for the spin-off.
    I don't hate the character or anything but he's certainly far from my favourite DC comics character. :)

• Options
    I think Emmett Scanlan is having the time of his life playing Lobo.

• Options
    Ep2x06 - I'm loving the dynamic of:
    Having Brainiac stuck, whispering in Seg's head. It reminds me of the Crichton/Harvey scenes in Farscape, only there hasn't been that 'Looney Tunes' moment yet between them, or Brainiac showing up in different outfits. :lol:

• Options
    SyFy has decided to offer the show-runners the Black Mercy drop the show:

https://tvline.com/2019/08/16/krypton-cancelled-no-season-3/

• Options
    Bah! They aren’t moving forward on Lobo?

One show I was really looking forward to.