As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stardew Valley

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    The theory that the Player character is some kind of super human worker compared to everyone else in town because Joja works their employees to the bone with soul crushing labor that the farm work and such is actually a refreshing step down kind of holds weight.

Also this game is bleak if you look past the charm.

One of my favorite things is that it's very aware of how awful life in small towns can be these days and the challenges people there face. Even your efforts to improve the place have some side effects despite generally having a positive impact.

The game makes it pretty clear that your idyllic lifestyle enabled by inheriting an entire farm is set in a place where other people's dreams go to die. All its missing is a narcotic epidemic of some sort.

I wish I could hire "farmhands" from the townsfolk.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    The theory that the Player character is some kind of super human worker compared to everyone else in town because Joja works their employees to the bone with soul crushing labor that the farm work and such is actually a refreshing step down kind of holds weight.

Also this game is bleak if you look past the charm.

One of my favorite things is that it's very aware of how awful life in small towns can be these days and the challenges people there face. Even your efforts to improve the place have some side effects despite generally having a positive impact.

The game makes it pretty clear that your idyllic lifestyle enabled by inheriting an entire farm is set in a place where other people's dreams go to die. All its missing is a narcotic epidemic of some sort.

I wish I could hire "farmhands" from the townsfolk.

Nope, gotta indenture your real life friends for that.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Hey now be fair. You can also enslave the peaceful forest spirits.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    So fishing yeah..
    Oh cool a chest s'more bait IRIDIUM BAND WHAT

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So fishing yeah..

Pah, in my day you had to crawl through the skull mines uphill both ways to get enough iridium to craft a band.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So fishing yeah..

Got my first Omni Geode from completing one of the easier Community Center bundles.

The first one Clint cracked open for me contained a Prismatic Shard.

I have never, in all my other farms, ever found even a single Prismatic Shard and now, here it is, barely into Summer Year 1.

• IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    All its missing is a narcotic epidemic of some sort.

Eliott is right there.

And
    Pierre. Although it isn't specified exactly what his "stash" is.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What kind of friends do you guys have on your farms?

I'm just wondering if they ever decide to make it server based, like minecraft, I might have strangers invited into the farm. So I'm wondering how they handle it now.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'm about to end my first summer and the only issue i'm having is friendship with the town not being all that high i have Willy and Robin almost maxed out but everyone else is at only 1-2 hearts from some help wanted quests and the town wide boost i got for giving up my only gold sturgeon that i was going to use in the community center because i had nothing else for the potluck

Fruit is pretty much a universal like for the entire town. Make sure and plant max amount of fruit trees in your greenhouse, or check the fruitbat cave daily so you always have some fruit handy to give away to everyone you pass.

Also, a gold star Caluiflower is the best thing to put in the soup.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What kind of friends do you guys have on your farms?

I'm just wondering if they ever decide to make it server based, like minecraft, I might have strangers invited into the farm. So I'm wondering how they handle it now.

Given a lot of the systems it's hard to picture a server based approach. There's only so many spots you can put a cabin on the farms, only so many marriage candidates, etc. And that's on top of the much smaller team involved even with Chuckle Fish doing a lot of the work for multiplayer.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    I reset a day twice trying to figure out how to put a painting on my wall.

• bfickybficky Registered User regular
    Do we have any idea when the 1.3 update might hit the non-PC versions? Are we thinking days, weeks, months? I got my super cute guidebook in the mail today (thanks for the recommendations) and I'm ready to get my farm on, but I'd kinda like to wait until the new single player changes/enhancements are put into my Switch version before I get started.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
    bficky wrote: »
    Do we have any idea when the 1.3 update might hit the non-PC versions? Are we thinking days, weeks, months? I got my super cute guidebook in the mail today (thanks for the recommendations) and I'm ready to get my farm on, but I'd kinda like to wait until the new single player changes/enhancements are put into my Switch version before I get started.

At this point it's still very much a beta with many bugs so we're likely still waiting for the finished release before it gets spread to consoles. Right now we're still in the land of players teleporting when fishing and the like.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    So fishing yeah..

are you just like..fellating lady lucks boner or or were fishing chests upated with new loots?

Cause I am a fishing maniac (in previous versions, havent played current) and I never found ANYTHING that awesome.

I have my fishing set up for chest farming so i'm opening a lot of chests just got lucky i think.

Using Iridium rod with Magnet bait and Treasure tackle with Pirate perk.

I have a few of those pop up one from Abigail saying she was bored and needed an Eggplant and one from Haley requesting a super cucumber.

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Here's a question I don't think has been asked yet; if you have the Mac version of the game, will you be able to play multiplayer with PC folk?

• KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Daimar wrote: »
    I really hope that PC and Mac people will be able to play together, otherwise I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about getting a 2nd Switch.
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Here's a question I don't think has been asked yet; if you have the Mac version of the game, will you be able to play multiplayer with PC folk?

I played on MacOS with two Windows players in the beta.

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Wow, I didn't know Stardew had cornographic content in it...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I love how Clint just sighs when I give him a geode as a gift.

"You work with stones and ore all day! I bet you can't wait to have a bunch of them thrown at you when you're not at work. Here ya go!"

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    You know, I have no problem with the idea of building a house for pam.

But why does she gotta have a better one than mine? Not to mention poor old homeless guy still living in a tent in the winter. Least pam had walls before.

Linus can't be caged. He needs to be free like the wind. The wind which blows through his crappy tent.

In my head whenever Linus speaks I hear Eagleton Ron (Sam Elliot) from Parks and Rec.

steam_sig.png
    This game has really ensnared me badly lately.

"Just one more day.."

And then three hours pass.

Dr. Chaos wrote: »

"Just one more day.."

"Well I might as well check my crops before I quit and I wonder if that baby animal has grown up yet and I should check the calendar in town for birthdays so I can plan ahead and it's already noon so I might as well just play out the day . . . and time for bed, game is saved. Hmmm, I might as well check my crops before I quit . . ."

Steam Profile
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

"Just one more day.."

"Well I might as well check my crops before I quit and I wonder if that baby animal has grown up yet and I should check the calendar in town for birthdays so I can plan ahead and it's already noon so I might as well just play out the day . . . and time for bed, game is saved. Hmmm, I might as well check my crops before I quit . . ."

That's why I always buy a calendar fairly early on. That way, a quick check of everything takes maybe an hour of in-game time, which isn't near long enough to be tempted into completing the entire day and allowing me to shut the game off.

edited September 2018

"Just one more day.."

I should log off but I finally got enough to build that coop.

Oh and if I fish for awhile, I'll have enough left over to buy some animals for it tomorrow.

Shit...but tomorrow is a festival event. And the day after that is the last day before gift giving resets for the week and I still have a lot of people to..

*this vicious cycle continues*

Dr. Chaos on
    edited October 2018
    Just started playing this again a few days ago.

Fished up a dinosaur egg in a treasure chest on day 5 Summer 1.

My first one ever.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2018
    Just crossed the 100 hour mark and still finding new stuff.

Goddammit, Stardew Valley....release me.

Dr. Chaos on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I really want to continue my new game I started recently on my Switch and just got into Winter but I read recently that the multiplayer update includes a lot of new stuff including more activities in winter.

Now I'm just sitting here waiting for the multiplayer update on Switch.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I'm permanently* burnt out on Stardew Valley

*for certain definitions of the word permanently which may include "until I accidentally click on it on my Switch and lose another 100 hours of my life"

I'm permanently* burnt out on Stardew Valley

*for certain definitions of the word permanently which may include "until I accidentally click on it on my Switch and lose another 100 hours of my life"
    Its like one of those cursed objects in fiction.

If you stare directly into it or touch it, it possesses you.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    So which of the Stardew tshirts should I get for my daughter for Xmas this year?
    https://www.fangamer.com/collections/stardew-valley

Leaning toward the new Void Chicken one cause its kinda rad but not sure.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    I can't believe no one has posted the news yet - Stardew Valley is coming to mobile later this month.

I've already bought three copies of the game, let's see if I can resist purchasing any more.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    And you can transfer your PC save.

God help us all. Theres truly no escaping from it now.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hmm. I wonder how well the touch controls will work. I like playing this with a controller.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited October 2018
    Incindium wrote: »
    So which of the Stardew tshirts should I get for my daughter for Xmas this year?

It is totes rad. I do like junimo cave explorer one too. Depends on how metal your daughter is.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »

It is totes rad. I do like junimo cave explorer one too. Depends on how metal your daughter is.

The "Into The Mines" one is cute as fuck. I might get that for myself.

edited October 2018
    So you can't finish Clint's storyline if you're really good friends with Emily.

Well, thats just dumb.
    We're just pals, theres no romance going on. Its essentially punishing me for being nice to her by making Clint miserable?

Theres no reason he can't still ask her out.

Dr. Chaos on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    wait does clint's storyline actually... go anywhere?

I thought he was just a sad guy who could never get up the guts to do anything and that's how he would be forever

Brolo wrote: »
    wait does clint's storyline actually... go anywhere?

I thought he was just a sad guy who could never get up the guts to do anything and that's how he would be forever

Yes and no. There's no real resolution.
    You can get an event where you prod him to ask Emily to attend an event with him. It's not explicitly labeled a date and I don't think you find out how it went. This only occurs if you haven't seen Emily's 8 heart event.

Steam Profile