As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I am watching a UFC show live for the first time in a long time.

Nice KO in the first prelim fight. Lets go!

• Options
    Volkov won that whole fight, but tried to get the finish and Lewis fucked him up right at the end.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Less 90's WWF intros would be nice.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man the commentary is all over the place for this fight

• Options
    Well that was a hell of an ending and aftermath

• Options
    nuuuuu

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Less 90's WWF intros would be nice.

It’s all 90s WWF now

• Options
    This all happened cause Dana let Connor do whatever he wanted without any repercussions.

What Khabib did was stupid and he should get a steep penalty but Connor and his crew asked for it.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    What's the controversy this time?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I hate that UFC made so much money from this fight and I hate that they're going to make even more for the rematch.

• Options
    RedTide wrote: »

Post fight Khabib jumped into the crowd and started fighting with Connors BJJ coach and then one of Khabibs corner men took a swing at Connor then another jumped him from behind.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    I hate that UFC made so much money from this fight and I hate that they're going to make even more for the rematch.

Yup, this tweet sums it up to a T and fucking Dana encouraged it

• Options
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Eh, given how he acted after the fight, I would have preferred they simultaneously knock each other out.

• Options

Post fight Khabib jumped into the crowd and started fighting with Connors BJJ coach and then one of Khabibs corner men took a swing at Connor then another jumped him from behind.

Well I guess calling one of his coaches an unindicted 9/11 conspirator didn't sit too well

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular

Well I guess calling one of his coaches an unindicted 9/11 conspirator didn't sit too well

What.

• Options
    sometimes these things happen in MMA

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    NSDFRand wrote: »

What.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/ufc/conor-mcgregor-lobs-wild-911-accusation-toward-khabib-nurmagomedovs-manager-ali-abdelaziz/news-story/ed165eff0d747eedb79f38ca8082654a

It's Fox Sports, but yeah. It was something he certainly said.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Sigh... i'm just gonna hug a blanket and watch rose namajunas fights

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    My friends ask why I barely pay attention to MMA nowadays.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    1uivzxgaska6.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Whoa whoa whoa

Hold on.

Are you tell me Conor McGregor, Conor McGregor, is an asshole and also a piece of shit?

why I never

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Fire Dana white.

Racist champ who felony assaulted people escalated this. Then gets to keep purse.

It’s a farce.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

Idiots said Conor got attacked by Khabib's team

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    grumblethorngrumblethorn Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Fire Dana white.

Racist champ who felony assaulted people escalated this. Then gets to keep purse.

It’s a farce.

Yeah, grown professional fighters should be relieved of responsibility for their actions because of words.

• Options
    edited October 2018

Bullshit, in that situation Khabib going over the fence was the inciting and escalating action. After that is everything else is reactionary, trying to litigate who threw the first punch is ridiculous. When someone follows you up the cage and tries to push you off a perch 6 ft in the air, I don't blame Conor for taking a swipe.
    If Khabib doesn't go over the cage none of this happens

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Bullshit, in that situation Khabib going over the fence was the inciting and escalating action. After that is everything else is reactionary, trying to litigate who threw the first punch is ridiculous. When someone follows you up the cage and tries to push you off a perch 6 ft in the air, I don't blame Conor for taking a swipe.

If Conor and Dana White are capable of acting like something besides MAGA chuds, this never happens.

• Options
    edited October 2018

If Conor and Dana White are capable of acting like something besides MAGA chuds, this never happens.

Its really all Dana longer term. MMA has lost all control of itself- It can only at this point take what ever is 'hot' and try to prop that up (rhonda, jon, conner).... it cannot generate new stars given the current product. The reality shows have long dried up for interest level.

Because of the above - UFC needs Conner... they are desperate for Connor. But 2 and 2 since 2016 and go watch last nights fight again. In round 3 Kahbib is flatly playing with him on the feet. Watch it. Hes stops punching him for like a minute and is slapping him, and taunting him. This is ownership. A rematch at this point is flatly a formality for money. He is playing with his food. And honestly if you want Conner to have pop- feed him someone first so the rematch has some kind of heat.

Also- yet another problem for the UFC. Thier commentators were abysmal. Rogan was the only commentator even watching the match last night. Other two guys "hes playing possum. hes conserving energy, those are not power shots." Rogan "hes getting beat the fuck down" "we will agree to disagree" Just aweful.

UFC need a reboot.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    I'm glad McGregor lost but Khabib is a dumbfuck and UFC is actively harming the sport of mixed martial arts with this bullshit.

I will continue to refuse to give them my money and hope that it gets burned down and a real league takes its place.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I blame to Khabib for jumping over the fence, but it's not like any of this happened in a vacuum. To be blunt, McGregor and his camp have had free reign to do whatever the fuck they want without fear of consequence for years, and this is the natural result of that approach.

Khabib is just the one who finally snapped. Frankly, I'm surprised he managed to hold it in long enough to win the fight in the first place, given his religion, nation, and ethnicity were all publicly attacked, and his camp was physically assaulted.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    To be clear, Khabib is definitely not the only dumbfuck in this situation. McGregor should have had the book thrown at him a long time ago for all the stupid bullshit he's pulled, and Dana is a fucking asshole for letting him skate by this long.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Can we talk about Conor cheating his ass off all fight for a minute?

Seriously what the fuck was that?

Like he's always been an ass sure, but the blatant and constant cheating is new isn't it? He doesn't normally do that shit does he?

Someone made a collection of all his offenses through the fight and it was over 2 mins long..

Like jeez man, that shit may have been more blatant than Jones.

Any respect I had for his actual fight game is gone after that.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular

Conor has jumped the fence several times. Sometimes even in fights he's not a part of. Jumping the fence is now a normal and accepted part of MMA.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Mma has been kinda a bummer for a bit but did anyone watch Quintet? Gordan Ryan triangle choking Josh Barnett is insane.
    I’ve found myself super annoyed with the business and basically everything that isn’t just doing jiujitsu or helping to teach it and Thai but I’m still loving training.
    Also the Danaher dvd instructional sets are fantastic. Learned a ton from them.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    chael vs fedor this weekend eh?

war chael?

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Wow, I have really stopped paying attention to MMA, I didn't even realize that DJ had lost the title.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Is Askren still a blanket fighter?

If so that seems like an awful trade for the UFC.

• Options
    Yes, and...Yes, and... Registered User regular
    They might be hoping they can get him to aggressively shit talk someone to build a fight. Doesn't matter if the fight turns out to be boring if it gets a lot of attention. Giving up DJ is hardly giving up a major draw as well.