As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Realm draws tonight! Login for a free 11 pull for player favs! (Daily Draw!)

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    AASBs: allowing you to sub-30 Torments with a fully off-realm (and admittedly absurd) team

https://youtube.com/watch?v=10LLGVJYf5M

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    The argument is that nutorments are old news at this point in JP but it's still disquieting to see it trivialized so hard by awakening SBs

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Finally got a rainbow for my daily draw. Hoped it would be something kind of halfway decent, maybe with a bit of stat mastery-

Squall Unique SB (Fated Circle). Just... something to put on him and then to junk in the future, I suppose.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    The argument is that nutorments are old news at this point in JP but it's still disquieting to see it trivialized so hard by awakening SBs

They (almost) very carefully did not power creep at all for almost a year, releasing a jump in power right when they were about finished. It was necessary, because imo getting the tools for all the nutorments is beyond a F2P.

• Options
    Is it weird I'm considering getting Rosa's burst to have a medica for iv?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Did some Dream Select draws, because I've actually been feeling pretty good lately.

USB select: 1 disco, 2 rainbows.
    Lann SSB (lol)
    Guy BSB (probably decent in the FF2 torment, also +Earth axe)
    Tidus OSB (+water sword! Also I definitely don't need to do the OSB select draw now)

BSB select: 1 disco, 1 rainbow.
    Gordon LMR. (+debuff duration might be slightly useful given what I have for him already?)
    A 6* axe I don't recognize. Guy's USB, maybe? Oh, it's Ingus's Earth Chain

WOW. That's incredible, but boy do I feel dumb for throwing 5 desperate pulls at Nanaki's Chain. It's still awesome though, so overall good.

LMR select: 3 rainbows
    Seymour SSB dupe
    Ovelia BSB1 dupe
    A school uniform, but I can't differentiate between all the Type-0 girl's outfits
    Rem BSB (that is incredibly timely to get, given Yiazmat!)

My hands are basically trembling at how well that went. I haven't even done my selections, either!

USB is 99% Bartz USB. I might wait until after next week's Lucky Draw though.
    BSB is wide open. Maybe Shelke?
    LMR is probably TG Cid, though I could be convinced otherwise.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

It's fairly decent, still. The lack of instant-cast hurts it a lot in the current meta, but that MBlink spell is still pretty nice. It's better for healing than Porom's, though Porom gives you a MAG/MND buff on the initial burst.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

It's pretty bad. If you still have the SSB healer select available, you could go for Rosa SSB. I have both her BSB and SSB, and have never actually used her burst.

Speaking of. I brought out some D-listers to do the IV torment (with a couple ringers):

Yang BSB - Meteor Crush, Earth Ironfist, +30% fist damage
    Rubicante BSB - Chain Firaja, +30% weakness damage
    Edge SSB2 - earth ninja abilities, Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Tellah BSB+SSB - Meltdown, Chain Stonega, Mako Might
    Rosa SSB - Curada, Gathering Storm

Magicite - Unicorn, Midgardsormr, Catastrophe, King Bomb, Evrae

Good enough to sub-30 the middle difficulty after a couple retries. I actually think Edward for Wrath+Entrust to Edge might be better than Rosa, just due to the way the damage in the fight flows.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    FFIV Banner 2 Review:

DCecil AOSB - 3 Hits +Dark Sword Good - Really Good with DCecil USB (Not Available on Banner)
    Edward USB - +mag/mind/res/haste/QCx2 Buffs! I want to say good but I’m not sure why this is worse than onion knights and came out so much later. Too OP for torment? No that’s red jacket. Grumble grumble.
    Damage Boy USB - EnLit +Mag/Res Black Magic Ability Double This is REALLY GOOD
    Valvalis USB - +Mag/Res Wind abilities cause chase 5 hit. +wind dagger Better wind stuff coming, but I think she can dualcast and this is still good.
    Decil Glint - +100% stoneskin and dark boost good - Really Good with DCecil USB (Not Available on Banner)
    Edwawrd BSB - Imperil Holy and +50% atk party. Commands are atk/mag break and def/res break. Both commands give Edward Sap because of course. I use this. IV is a holy realm so its handy for CM. Rarely usable outside of CM.
    Damage Boy BSB - Fire/Light/Ice more hits if hitting weakness. commands are multi element and instant cast if hitting weakness. That actually sounds pretty good depending on how hard they hit.
    Valvalis BSB - Imperil Wind, QC2 on command one, Mag Bargain on command 2. Serviceable.
    Edge BSB - Enwater Ninja speed commands. Rating: WHY ISN'T THIS RED JACKET I HATE YOU GAME!
    Decil LMR - start endark. Ok
    Edward LMR - Stat Buff Duration. Uhm. Yeah?
    Damage Boy LMR - start enlightning. Ok. Damage boy with ability double can really be used for any element so this is only sometimes helpful.
    Valvalis LMR - start enwind. Ok
    Edge LMR - 25% to gain p blink when using Ninja. Good!

Final Thoughts - THESE ARE NOT ASSB YOU ARE CRAZY TO PULL HERE That Twin Dualcast with option to Double cast though.... No stay strong, look at your pulling history, and when you are done cursing the gods, don't pull.

Edge ssb is Wall all over again in my opinion. Content is designed around it and it is unavailable.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I personally think that waiting half a year and pinning every hope on pulling Awakening soul breaks is the crazy option (luck is luck whatever you're pulling for, and a longer wait means building up your expectations higher, causing a worse result if it fails), but that's me; maybe I'm just trying to justify my lack of restraint when pulling with mythril.

And I disagree about Eblan Doppelganger. It's ridiculously powerful for what it is, but unlike Wall I've not encountered anything that I would say requires it. And I'm specifically including Calcabrina.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Yea, unlike Wall, I haven't found Edge USB0 to be required. I almost never use it, to be honest. About the only fight where it was a main strategy for me was Ixion.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    If anything, I'd argue any flavor of 0CT + Last Stand has high value, not solely Eblan Doppleganger.

Still not mandatory, but it affords a higher degree of safety for most content.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hm. I keep wiping on Quetzalcoatl at like 5-10%. I think if I dive guy the minor imperils would be enough to get me there but then I have to dive guy. Unsure if worth.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm considering a Guy Dive myself. I'd say that it's worth it if it gets you through content you can't otherwise clear. Ideally, that's what we spend any resource on in this game, yeah?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I personally think that waiting half a year and pinning every hope on pulling Awakening soul breaks is the crazy option (luck is luck whatever you're pulling for, and a longer wait means building up your expectations higher, causing a worse result if it fails), but that's me; maybe I'm just trying to justify my lack of restraint when pulling with mythril.

And I disagree about Eblan Doppelganger. It's ridiculously powerful for what it is, but unlike Wall I've not encountered anything that I would say requires it. And I'm specifically including Calcabrina.

Clearing multiple torments/magicite with one relic is savings. And when I try and pull something off a banner it often takes me 10-14 pulls. Thus I need to save up.

If you look at clears Belanger doppelgängers is there. Eiko usb is popular too doesn’t work for torment though.

Obviously this review is biased by my life experiences and opinions. If they are too controversial I can stop. At worst it’s something. To discuss.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2018
    If your review is just going to be "these aren't Awakenings, you shouldn't pull," that's not an unreasonable opinion, but I don't know that we gain anything from seeing that twice a week for the next six months.

edit: something that might be interesting to say about Banner IV-2 here is that the next IV event, in about three months, has most of the same good items, and then several additional top end items, plus most of the LMRs are really good. For example, it still has Decil Arcane, Glint, and LMR, but it also adds his very good Ultra, and his other good LMR. Also has Kain Arcane, and Barbie's USB is replaced by the nearly equivalent Rydia USB2. And still has Palom's excellent USB. And it has Rosa's excellent healing USB.

Fry on
  • Options
    Sorry. That was rude of me. My comments aren't important.

• Options
    Man I misread this thread hard and often.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2018
    No, I'm just in a bad mood and saying stuff that makes sense in the moment, but is weird and contradictory to stuff I said before. Like, earlier I wanted to defend my own behaviors and offer advice, but now that just seems arrogant and inconsiderate of me (what right do I have to dictate to someone when I've had absurd luck to be where I am in the game?). And probably I'll look back on this tangent as me being whiny and seeking attention. It's not your mistake; sorry.

Enlong on
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Well this evening was frustrating.

First I worked on King Behemoth. Team was:
    - Maria (BSB)
    - Rinoa (OSB/Glint, with BSB1 for if/when she runs out of hones)
    - Red XIII (Chain)
    - Deuce (BSB)
    - Yuna (USB1, BSB2)

This seemed like it was working pretty well! I was able to keep people healed-ish, and the last stand managed any issues. Rinoa was able to reliably break his Savage mode with her OSB, and did serious damage even without enEarth (her glint is good - I capped most OSB hits when the chain was >150%). Maria kept chipping away with her BSB, and the chain kept the damage pretty high.
    ...but he just has too much health. I got to 45s and I was maybe at 50%. Then I got unlucky with some heal timing and the run was over. I do not see how to get this guy down without some much better DPS. I can't really afford to give up a healer in the build, and I don't think grabbing something like Maria's an earth magic USB will be enough. Highly discouraging. Maybe I could swap my second healer for Alphinaud SSB... but then I lose instacast cures... arg.

Then I tried the Judges again, and I continue to find them totally unfun. I have a team that is stable for the first phase and into the second phase, but I missed when the 70% dispel occurred and didn't get defense/haste back up in time. The problem is the first part of the fight takes so damn long I really don't feel like doing it again.

I decided to cut my losses before tackling any of my other targets (Quetzcoatl, Flan MP) since both of those look totally infuriating too.

• Options
    i used a worse version of that dps arrangement. just maria bsb, rinoa gsb/old unique, and red chain.

what spells are you using? i had rinoa with chain stoneja r3/chain stonega r3, red with r4 meltdown and an r3 stonega he doesn't really use but hey, and maria with a r3 stonega she uses before she enters bsb for the rest of the fight. my kill is ~47s so if you can survive that long you should be able to put king behemoth down.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a passenger in a car with internet too slow to play, so here's the "no healer" King Behemoth strategy I've got going.

Pieces:
    Edge USB0, LMR
    OK mUSB, LMR (LMR might not be needed?)
    Maria BSB, AOSB (USB can definitely sub, OSB can sub for AOSB but maybe only if USB)
    Rinoa Glint, OSB
    Ingus chain

OK and Ingus start with bars. Rinoa and Edge have "gain meter faster", Maria has gathering storm.

Edge NEEDS 2 copies of the instant 6* ninja ability - it's all for meter generation
    OK has chain stonega, R4 is probably what's needed
    Maria should just need an R3 meltdown
    Rinoa has an R4 chain stoneja, which is the largest crystal investment
    Ingus needs like an R1 wrath and Earth Sabre

Magicite team needs to be good. Double 10 lightning resist is needed for surviving the first attack.

Edge does instant until he can cast his SSB. without Maria's USB I can't deal enough damage to skip the single target attack at him, so this is my limiting factor: I need to have an LMR pblink trigger after the first one from his SSB is wiped to cover that, or he can't do the second SSB cast which is needed late in the fight. It might be possible to do with the 5* ninja ability, but the timing is SUPER tight and I'm not sure it's possible.

OK does fabula raider, then USB, then chain until 17s or so, USB again, then chain

Maria does 3x meltdown, BSB cast, cmd1 (6 hits) until chain expires, meltdown then AOSB. I'm playing around with meter generation here.

Rinoa: chain, glint, chain until 20s, glint, chain until 1 hone left, OSB until empty

Ingus: chain, wrath, magicite, wrath, chain, Sabre, fabula, Sabre

It's surprisingly easy, and resilient to basically everything but the one blink thing. Mine is already a tweak of the original, removing/substituting 4 relics they had, and while it's not as consistent, I'm sure there's further tweaking which could work for others.

• Options
    Also, re: diving Guy, if you don't have any other II dives done, if nothing else it'll help with the torment, too.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i used a worse version of that dps arrangement. just maria bsb, rinoa gsb/old unique, and red chain.

what spells are you using? i had rinoa with chain stoneja r3/chain stonega r3, red with r4 meltdown and an r3 stonega he doesn't really use but hey, and maria with a r3 stonega she uses before she enters bsb for the rest of the fight. my kill is ~47s so if you can survive that long you should be able to put king behemoth down.

I had Rinoa with Chain stoneja / meltdown, and Maria with chain stonega until BSB. I had Red XIII wrath/entrusting meter to Rinoa for OSB. Maybe my execution is bad? What’s your ordering with Red and Rinoa?

• Options
    Ugh, finally got Hades sub-30. Ramza's CSB cut my time by a grand total of 2 seconds, because the biggest problem was always the stupid dispel and not my damage.

• Options
    rattletrap wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

I had Rinoa with Chain stoneja / meltdown, and Maria with chain stonega until BSB. I had Red XIII wrath/entrusting meter to Rinoa for OSB. Maybe my execution is bad? What’s your ordering with Red and Rinoa?

my rinoa is usually overcapping meltdown pretty hard, so giving it to red who isn't that great of a mage was a lot better use of the meltdown for me. she still basically caps the stonegas and stonejas, and red contributes a lot of damage with the meltdowns. turn order wise i just have red cast csb turn 1 and delay rinoa/maria until it's halfway done casting, but besides that nothing much really. i do use a healerless strat so i don't ever break out of savage mode because it just lowers my damage.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    I pulled on the FFIV banner: 3/11, Rydia and Cid's Bursts + Golbez's Materia. I'm not complaining, especially with Rydia since she's been my main BLK/SUM, and that Burst mode looks pretty good.

• Options
    Got Hornless's Unique SB today on the daily draw.

Oh well?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I’m still mildly annoyed that WoL enholy LMR isnt in the gem select.

Its pretty much the only RM he gets from dives or relics that is really worth anything at all. Though even then he is getting kicked out of my Hades team now that Ramza has holy chain2.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Which one? Ronso Jump is SUPER MEH, but Mighty Guard could potentially serve a use. It's inferior to Fang of Gagazet because it doesn't do damage, but it's still partywide Magic Blink on someone with Lifesiphon access.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Which one? Ronso Jump is SUPER MEH, but Mighty Guard could potentially serve a use. It's inferior to Fang of Gagazet because it doesn't do damage, but it's still partywide Magic Blink on someone with Lifesiphon access.

It does damage and buffs him.

In other news, trying to mop up content today. Ff4 event done and torment part 2 sub 30. Whenever I think about Yiazmat I think what a pain in the ass a 40 minute boss fight is.

Dipping my feet into Quetzalcoatl, but it still feels impossible forever.

• Options
    For people who don't have Rem BSB or Ashe BSB, what's a good way to tackle Yiazmat?

• Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    For people who don't have Rem BSB or Ashe BSB, what's a good way to tackle Yiazmat?

I did the next to top difficulty (260?) with just Sephiroth BSB2. Which difficulty are you talking about?

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    FF4-2 100 gems: 4* blah, don't even need to change the text

Bonus Dark banner 100 gems: 3* blah

Data for posterity:
    16->17->18 misses in a row

38/326->7->8 lifetime

5/71->2->3 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

• Options
    just 100 gemmed palom usb....

and i wierdly don't think he makes my magic lit team? v rude

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

People have managed it with Core Thief, so I'd imagine anyone with access to an R5 Thief's Revenge (or even the 6* versions) has a decent shot at it.

• Options

This thread has some ideas. There's a few potential.

• Options

Raines with drain, bartz with drain strike, really anyone who can equip some kind of sustain.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Raines with drain, bartz with drain strike, really anyone who can equip some kind of sustain.

Golbez has his BSB1 with self healing too.

Alternatively, if you just want to get all the non gil prizes, you can put together a regular non elemental team for the first two, and then a strong elemental team of your choice for the third.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    I haven't been bored enough to do the final difficulty but I did Bartz with petrify resist, USB, and EnEarth BSB, Drain Strike R5 x2. All Dual Cast LM and RM.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

This discussion has been closed.