As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So who's dressed as a witch this time... and please don't be another Nowi situation?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Please not Corrin... Right after the Lute banner... This is not FAAAAIR :P

Dr. Flamingo on
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'm going to guess that Est is the witch on the right, and Cherche or Cordellia is on the left.

edit:
    Oh, that spoiler. If that's official art from somewhere, then yeah, it's probably that.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    It's art from the card game, which loves seasonal variants as much as FEH. I don't think FEH has ever wholesale reused a design from Cipher, but that hat does look really similar...... I wonder if Feh's "suspicious-looking" comment is just in reference to them being trick-or-treaters, or if some villains are going to show up.

Anyway, I spent all my orbs on the Lute banner since the Halloween Banner is another extended-length one. N o l u c k s o f a r. I have never pulled so many Catria in a row.

I bankrupted myself on the recent flying Nino banner. I figured that she was worth it because Nino has done her best for so many challenges. However no luck. She didn't come home. Maybe next time.

3DS Friend Code:
    I spent all my orbs on Nino, too, but she came home to me. And two before that was the Great Myrrh-acle. All these skippable new heroes have led me to finally catch up on some of the units I've been meaning to pull. Although you can bet Laegjarn is gonna be one I have to catch up on later...

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    If that is indeed witch Corrin, I'm gonna go all in. Got 400 orbs saved up, which I'm definitely going to need with my horrible luck.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Think they'll bring back the older halloween banners like they did with some of the other seasonals? I could use another H!Jakob/H!Tharja or two...

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited October 2018
    Gimme Mia.

Also holy shit flying healer is new, and the only hole in pure flying teams. NEED.

Edit: Also thank god, the little dragon is fully clothed. And adorable.

Polaritie on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    This is also our first armored dagger, right?

Delzhand wrote: »

Yes. Going to be really curious what her stats are. A ranged bold fighter armor seems like crazy talk.

--Mark Twain
    edited October 2018

Yeah, and first flying staff... They love to push new combos with these holiday banners :p
    Durinia wrote: »
    Think they'll bring back the older halloween banners like they did with some of the other seasonals? I could use another H!Jakob/H!Tharja or two...

Yeah for sure. They have been doing reruns of all the previous holiday banners so no reason not to here (also there wasn't a Halloween Tharja :P It was Jakob, Sakura, Henry and Nowi)

Warlock82 on
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Yeah, and first flying staff... They love to push new combos with these holiday banners :p
    Durinia wrote: »

Yeah for sure. They have been doing reruns of all the previous holiday banners so no reason not to here (also there wasn't a Halloween Tharja :P It was Jakob, Sakura, Henry and Nowi)

Derp. My brain went straight to her being dressed up (like a Reindeer).

--Mark Twain
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Mia's weapon is a good start, but maybe we can get down to font size 4 on the Christmas banner? Paragraph aside, being able to reset and then freeze everyone's specials (or reducing to normal charge rates if they have breath/fighter) in an AoE plus dazzling refine seems pretty crazy.

Myrrh is adorable. Not sure how the double fighter compares to not being doubled ever and having quick riposte, but given normal Myrrh is basically a god and armored are generally the most broken, I'm going to assume unchained god level.

s7Imn5J.png
    Mia's weapon is a good start, but maybe we can get down to font size 4 on the Christmas banner? Paragraph aside, being able to reset and then freeze everyone's specials (or reducing to normal charge rates if they have breath/fighter) in an AoE plus dazzling refine seems pretty crazy.

Myrrh is adorable. Not sure how the double fighter compares to not being doubled ever and having quick riposte, but given normal Myrrh is basically a god and armored are generally the most broken, I'm going to assume unchained god level.

I'm going to guess we aren't allowed to refine that staff. Dazzling+Wrathful would be too strong.

Oh no it's Myrrh. That's so much worse. I'm screwed. :rotate:

Polaritie wrote: »
    I'm going to guess we aren't allowed to refine that staff. Dazzling+Wrathful would be too strong.

It's a name+ weapon, all of which have been both inheritable and refineable. As far as wrathful goes, her attack stat could be pretty bad, though. She's attacking a really weak enemy there—that could be like, 44 attack.

s7Imn5J.png
    I totally missed we are also getting Halloween Dorcas in TT... yasssss...

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    So, the most unbelievable run of luck on this banner has allowed me to complete a project I never dreamed of completing:
    8accnhkfhkjg.png

Got five straight. No Reinhardts, almost all of them at nearly 3% rate. Insanity.

Now I just need Special Spiral and I can drop Drac Aura or something on her and get a better build going.

Kasyn on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    This Bound Hero Battle is kicking my ass. I haven't found a single unit that can survive Ishtar's opening attack except Myrrh, who survives with 1 hp and deals no damage in return.

This Bound Hero Battle is kicking my ass. I haven't found a single unit that can survive Ishtar's opening attack except Myrrh, who survives with 1 hp and deals no damage in return.

Use a strong red to pull on all the way on the left (I used Tiki). If you have the right combo of units you can split her off from the rest. Then you can avoid her until you're able to hit her on player phase.

--Mark Twain
    I just cheesed the thing with dragon emblem. Dragon Emblem > all other emblems.

I feel like Ishtar+Reinhardt was the easiest BHB yet. Flier Emblem just murdered it.

Behold the best hero ever created:
    O0omRRph.jpg

I was trying to track down next season's arena bonus units, and I saw that Innes gets a sweet new refine. Looks like Dragons and Mages won't be able to counter-attack him.

3DS Friend Code:
    I feel like Ishtar+Reinhardt was the easiest BHB yet. Flier Emblem just murdered it.

Yeah, flier emblem is basically annihilating all these GHBs for me. And honestly while Cordelia and Elincia are very lethal, it's like 90% Myrrh.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited October 2018
    I was trying to track down next season's arena bonus units, and I saw that Innes gets a sweet new refine. Looks like Dragons and Mages won't be able to counter-attack him.

Also

Edit: Oh, I was disappointed for a second but I just realized this arena season has to be next week since the banner isn't out yet. Good, I get to keep melting face with Alolan Severa this week :3

(Next week will be Legendary Tiki, but I feel like the dragon and armor are gonna hurt her matchups)

Warlock82 on
    Hahaha bonus unit myrrh will murder everything

--Mark Twain
    edited October 2018
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Also

Edit: Oh, I was disappointed for a second but I just realized this arena season has to be next week since the banner isn't out yet. Good, I get to keep melting face with Alolan Severa this week :3

(Next week will be Legendary Tiki, but I feel like the dragon and armor are gonna hurt her matchups)

It's good to see a unit in the 4* pool returning to the bonus unit lineup, even if it is just the one.

edit:
    I also want to point out that a brazen atk/res seal means that Alfonse will be able to have THREE brazen skills boosting his attack. That's +21 attack from his own kit. Heaven forbid if you use his C slot to give him odd attack wave or setup Threaten Def. Although IMO it's probably still more valuable to have deflect melee in that slot to give him pseudo warry fighter and the ability to undermine specials.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Yeah, and Celica will be sitting at +19 attack/+12 speed/+7 res after one round of combat, on top of fury bonuses. It's like a Lilina who can double.

s7Imn5J.png
    Hrmmmm I dunno about Tana's refine. Another mixed team-encouraging ability. I think I'd be better off with a +Def refine... Too bad that also costs Dew.

Also apparently BHB Ephraim+Myrrh is happening. I didn't expect Myrrh to come back on a banner so soon... Gonna have to miss it in favor of Halloween, though.

Hrmmmm I dunno about Tana's refine. Another mixed team-encouraging ability. I think I'd be better off with a +Def refine... Too bad that also costs Dew.

Also apparently BHB Ephraim+Myrrh is happening. I didn't expect Myrrh to come back on a banner so soon... Gonna have to miss it in favor of Halloween, though.

I mean, even if you don't want the effect, it upgrades her base effect too to do +DEF/RES instead of just +DEF, so it's pretty nice even if you go with a stat boosting one.

I'm like semi tempted by Innes's because it'd make him a nice mage/dragon sniper, but at the same time, dew is pretty precious :P And also I think my Innes has kinda shit IVs (I think one of the legendary banners I did manage to pull one that wasn't -ATK finally but I still think he's like +HP or something weird).

Also since I was dumb and stayed up until the 2am reset (only to get paged into work at 5am T_T) I already have my full arena and arena assault run done. I swear I was getting more points this week than last, even though it's the same team. Maybe just a luckier draw. Was pulling a lot of 750-758 range teams. Easily will stay in grand summoner. I should be good until earth season ends and then I'm probably fucked again.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Huh, the only free unit bonus unit for these TT is the reward himself, Dorcas. That's a new one. Luckily I've got regular Mia.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    edited October 2018
    Maz- wrote: »
    Huh, the only free unit bonus unit for these TT is the reward himself, Dorcas. That's a new one. Luckily I've got regular Mia.

Yeah they've kind of been tending to do that a lot lately. Not a huge fan of it (not that it effects me, but still), but at least there is a free one offered.

Edit: Hmm, starting to run low on Felicias... stupid combat manuals, why couldn't you have come sooner? :P I sent sooo many home... Ah well, this Halloween banner will be another chance to pull colorless and restock some supply. But if I don't get enough, may have to switch my merge project back to Hawkeye

Warlock82 on
    edited October 2018
    Pretty good night, I finally got Lute, then pulled Halloween Mia! They're both +Atk/-Speed and neither of them are Myrrh, but at least I'm free! Free from Colorless Hell... And "Not Having Lute For A Year" Hell. And I can spend the rest of my time pulling for a Myrrh or two, plus I get to use fliers for the Tempest Trials. Oh hey, Mia's got Hone Fliers!

Dr. Flamingo on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Yay, free pull got me a treat, out came a HP / RES Kagero :)

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Pity broken by Genny trying for Mia. Which... not the worst pity breaker, since she has wrathful staff to inherit.

But I need more orbs now.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    My free pull +1 got me 3 star Virion and a 5 star red... Male Morgan.

4-5 star units continue to be the worst thing ever. If it's 4 star, I don't want it appearing in the 5 pool!