As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Is Ignis's TMR worth using a blank container on if you have his TMR moogle?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    It seems neat? A somewhat different version of Rikku's Pouch. I'd keep the named container I guess if I had it.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    What I'm asking is if I should farm enough currency to buy one of Ignis' TMR moogles so that I can use it on a blank container when those come to GL.

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    No

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    EggyToast wrote: »
    No

Hard no. Maybe the biggest no possible. Moogle Containers are RARE. The only ways to get them, outside of special anniversary type events, is to be in the top 500 (I think) of their updated Arena challenge or use 10,000 mixer coins (for reference, that's two UoC's worth).

Cruor on
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I’ve got 3 promptos, 3 Noctis, and the 7 Star Nyx. This event has been super easy as. A result but my bonus mob ratio has not been good
    I have quite a few FFXV units. The only bonus mob I’ve seen so far was a golden bomb the one time I ran pro

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    EggyToast wrote: »
    No

Hard no. Maybe the biggest no possible. Moogle Containers are RARE. The only ways to get them, outside of special anniversary type events, is to be in the top 500 (I think) of their updated Arena challenge or use 10,000 mixer coins (for reference, that's two UoC's worth).

When I was thinking about whether I wanted to pull on this banner, initially it seemed interesting. Being able to load up heal and mp heal/refresh on anyone could have it's uses. However, I don't think it's as useful as Rikku's pouch and the former is on a 4* unit, not 5*; so I decided against it. Given how hard and rare the mixer items will be, if we even get it (remember they didn't really like UoC tickets), it's defiantly a hard no.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Moogle Containers are for big, potentially meta-changing or meta-reinforcing TMRs from time limited units. Like, I have a 100% Moogle for TF29 agent which will be a strong contender in the future when we catch up to some JP's TDW unit powerup. I have a 100% Moogle for Unmatched Wizardry, which could potentially see use for a Hybrid unit like OGFryevia or Aurora Fryevia.

I'd never even consider using a Moogle Container on a TMR for a unit that's still in the pool.

(also sidenote for those of you with a Randi - they do have a 7* upgrade prism for Randi in the Mixer store, so if you whiff on him there's still hope, albeit expensive hope that you have to wait even more for)

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Is Randi still good in the Hyoh meta?

7* Randi is arguably better than Hyoh

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    Also, man Hasiko's Revenge is a slog with physical damage dealers. But once you get an opportunity to break ATK/MAG, she's a cakewalk.

Magus` wrote: »
    Is Randi still good in the Hyoh meta?

Randi can chain with DR, QH, and Piledriver+2 families. He can use a ton of elements innately, but lacks his own imperils, which is the mirror of what Hyoh does. Randi is also a W-Ability T/DH unit and generally matches Hyoh.

Two things make Randi able to push out more damage. One, his TMR ability makes his LB buff his ATK by 300%, which is bonkers. The other thing is Randi can use FD. Still, if you dislike FD he can still pump out crazy damage and chain with a number of families/elements.

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Stuck on mobile for the weekend with limited time too so it's hard to search, where is the next fan Festa with the fryevia, and who lives nearby with an army of friends to collect tickets on behalf of everyone too far to go? 😊

ffbe ign: Kas
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    So, apparently if you go to the Fan Festa that's coming up you get a new unit and her 7* Prism. She will be added to the rare summon pool in the future.

Aurora Fryevia. She's a Light Hybrid version of Fryevia. TMR is 30ATK/MAG robes with +10%ATK/MAG. STMR is a two-handed Hybrid Sword, stats TBD. Her sprite is also TBD. Neat.

Announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtJ-KN3jaZY
    Do you actually have to go to get the in game stuff, or is it redeemed with a code on your ticket or something?

<.<

>.>

Asking for a friend.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah I would pay like $25 for a cool light version of my favorite character

maraji wrote: »
    So, apparently if you go to the Fan Festa that's coming up you get a new unit and her 7* Prism. She will be added to the rare summon pool in the future.

Aurora Fryevia. She's a Light Hybrid version of Fryevia. TMR is 30ATK/MAG robes with +10%ATK/MAG. STMR is a two-handed Hybrid Sword, stats TBD. Her sprite is also TBD. Neat.

Announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtJ-KN3jaZY
    Do you actually have to go to get the in game stuff, or is it redeemed with a code on your ticket or something?

<.<

>.>

Asking for a friend.

The website for the festa says you need to have a ticket and also you need to go to be eligible.

That's a major waste of potential income. Gumi doesn't make more money by people showing up. Lots of people would spend $25 to get a good character which in no way reduces Gumi's profits.

It's dumb.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    That's a major waste of potential income. Gumi doesn't make more money by people showing up. Lots of people would spend $25 to get a good character which in no way reduces Gumi's profits.

It's dumb.

But then tickets sell out and only 4 people show up to the Festa.

They should have digital all access pass at the least, with access to the events of the day and the units. You could even charge slightly more for it than a physical ticket and you'd make BANK.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I was also interested in maybe getting a ticket and not going as a pseudo virtual ticket, so I did some digging. I'm pretty confident it won't work :x

Firstly it says on the site you have to be present to get all the stuff. Second, apparently the fan festa units were only given if you showed up. Your Player ID would be attached to the ticket and it would get scanned at the door. Only after it got scanned would the unit appear in your mailbox.

So the real question is... are there any PAers in the area who are going that want to go in and out with a bunch of our tickets? Lol

edited October 2018
    urahonky wrote: »

It's dumb.

But then tickets sell out and only 4 people show up to the Festa.

And? They don't charge a door fee.

Edit: You meant people who want to go wouldn't get in. Good point. I agree with the digital pass noted above.

Magus` on
    Moogle Containers are for big, potentially meta-changing or meta-reinforcing TMRs from time limited units. Like, I have a 100% Moogle for TF29 agent which will be a strong contender in the future when we catch up to some JP's TDW unit powerup. I have a 100% Moogle for Unmatched Wizardry, which could potentially see use for a Hybrid unit like OGFryevia or Aurora Fryevia.

I'd never even consider using a Moogle Container on a TMR for a unit that's still in the pool.

(also sidenote for those of you with a Randi - they do have a 7* upgrade prism for Randi in the Mixer store, so if you whiff on him there's still hope, albeit expensive hope that you have to wait even more for)

TF29 agent's 60% atk is okay, but the 20% TDW will be powercreeped as soon as TDW is raised to 200%. Excluding innate TDW, you'll need 10 of those 20% materia or equipment in order to reach the cap. I'm guessing higher TDW will be released eventually, at which point TF29 will become expedition gear.

TeaSpoon wrote: »

TF29 agent's 60% atk is okay, but the 20% TDW will be powercreeped as soon as TDW is raised to 200%. Excluding innate TDW, you'll need 10 of those 20% materia or equipment in order to reach the cap. I'm guessing higher TDW will be released eventually, at which point TF29 will become expedition gear.

Only if we keep getting GLEX TDW boosting stuff. The only TDW boosting stuff on JP side are all STMRs. So far we have one materia and one accessory. Unless you are flush in STMRs, TF29 is going to be useful for a long time, especially if you have the weapon types to get the full 60% ATK.

Only if we keep getting GLEX TDW boosting stuff. The only TDW boosting stuff on JP side are all STMRs. So far we have one materia and one accessory. Unless you are flush in STMRs, TF29 is going to be useful for a long time, especially if you have the weapon types to get the full 60% ATK.

Useful if you don't have TDH, I suppose. Until we get JP's TDW buff, TDH is the way to go. Now that Dual Wield Mastery is a thing in JP, I expect to see more TDW materia and gear. By the time DWM comes to GL, JP will be a year ahead. Instead of using our blank containers for a year-old materia, we'll be saving it for higher percentage TDW gear.

Don't get me wrong. I wish TF29 was useful in the TDH meta. I have one and I've never used it. Not once. I have yet to come across a scenario where I'm forced to use a DW unit capable of using those specific weapon-types. This MK event comes close (Noctis), but the fire element requirement threw a wrench in that. Not to mention, only fist and sword have decent mastery materia, and Dark Knight's Soul has a Heavy Armor requirement.

Useful if you don't have TDH, I suppose. Until we get JP's TDW buff, TDH is the way to go. Now that Dual Wield Mastery is a thing in JP, I expect to see more TDW materia and gear. By the time DWM comes to GL, JP will be a year ahead. Instead of using our blank containers for a year-old materia, we'll be saving it for higher percentage TDW gear.

Don't get me wrong. I wish TF29 was useful in the TDH meta. I have one and I've never used it. Not once. I have yet to come across a scenario where I'm forced to use a DW unit capable of using those specific weapon-types. This MK event comes close (Noctis), but the fire element requirement threw a wrench in that. Not to mention, only fist and sword have decent mastery materia, and Dark Knight's Soul has a Heavy Armor requirement.

That's fair. We'll just have to wait and see. I mean, this is all theoretical anyway. The actual work involved in getting a Moogle Container is ridiculous, to the point where they don't practically exist (until the third anniversary, where we get a super low chance to pull them with special tickets).

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Scrounged up 5k, went another step on the Malphasie banner. 1 gold, 10 blue.

So disheartened :(

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    While I on the other hand kinda wish I had another TF29, because I do not have any TDH stuff at all, and even if I did I don't have any character with double-ability so that I'd want to make them into a TDH fighter, but I do have plenty of dual wielders who could use a boost.

Plus, well. The only characters currently out that use a TDH build that I'm aware of which I'd allow into my team would be, like, Olive or Tidus, and I have zero of either, so...

Steam ID: Right here.
    No one gives a shit about Ignis. That's what my friend list tells me. I wish more people would care. People who aren't me.

No one gives a shit about Ignis. That's what my friend list tells me. I wish more people would care. People who aren't me.

Well, Ignis has three problems keeping people from pulling for him.

1. No step-up
    2. Came after Hyoh and Malphasie
    3. His buffs aren't that much better than MSNichol/SSNichol.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I keep tossing tickets at the banner in a futile attempt to get him for us but I have a better shot at winning the lottery.

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited October 2018
    Somebody in here said that holiday banners won't get step-ups. Is that a for-sure thing or speculation based on japan?

Considering throwing the rest of my lapis at Mal. The only upcoming units I'm interested in are holiday units and Fryevia. And we don't know when Fry's coming?

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    edited October 2018
    Somebody in here said that holiday banners won't get step-ups. Is that a for-sure thing or speculation based on japan?

Considering throwing the rest of my lapis at Mal. The only upcoming units I'm interested in are holiday units and Fryevia. And we don't know when Fry's coming?

With 7* being a thing I would assume holiday banners would get a step-up or something similar. I want to throw another 5k at the Malphasie step-up but am trying to stay strong for Randi/holiday things.

Holidays have also had decent Lapis bundles in the past, but with how bundles have been lately that seems less likely for this year.

Edit: we have no idea when Fryevia 7* is coming. Aurora Fryevia is "next year"

Cruor on
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Other than the fountain I haven't spent any money on this game, so if I spend my last 25k it will be some months before I can build it back. But it may well be some months before a sprite I want as much as Mal comes around on a step-up. Unless 7* D.Rain is good and on a step-up. Then :(

Other than the fountain I haven't spent any money on this game, so if I spend my last 25k it will be some months before I can build it back. But it may well be some months before a sprite I want as much as Mal comes around on a step-up. Unless 7* D.Rain is good and on a step-up. Then :(

All they need to do it give 7* D.Rain a bunch of DEF/SPR TDH effects and some more DEF/SPR/HP passives and he'd be such a monster.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Took down Hasiko's Revenge finally. I still contend that it's too obnoxious, if not actually difficult. If you can get her attack stats broken it's easy, but it can be pretty annoying to make sure you have the MP to stop her. I geared up my Lotus Mage Fina to have enough for a Manatopia cast, then was able to break the boss. The rest was just wearing her down.

Also, I finally got around to taking down the Marlboro Rumble fight. Well, I say"I" but it really the friend 7 star Trance Terra, but whatever. Got the whip for my Livid Shanatto, to help clobber the raid fight even faster.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    D. Rain might end up a pretty awesome 7*. His enhancements brought him from being a joke 6* to being pretty good. I've seen a few videos with him and he's really good at what he does. Admittedly, he has a fairly niche role, being a taunt and counter attack tank. But they can add extra tank stuff to him, like how Wihelm gets an AoE cover at 7*, add some DEF / SPR / HP and you've got a competitive tank unit.

What I'd really like to see at some point is a 5* - 7* unit with abilities like I.Nichol. I love I. Nichol's kit, but he's going to be used less and less as we get deeper into the 7* meta.

Zomro wrote: »
    D. Rain might end up a pretty awesome 7*. His enhancements brought him from being a joke 6* to being pretty good. I've seen a few videos with him and he's really good at what he does. Admittedly, he has a fairly niche role, being a taunt and counter attack tank. But they can add extra tank stuff to him, like how Wihelm gets an AoE cover at 7*, add some DEF / SPR / HP and you've got a competitive tank unit.

What I'd really like to see at some point is a 5* - 7* unit with abilities like I.Nichol. I love I. Nichol's kit, but he's going to be used less and less as we get deeper into the 7* meta.

He was the first 5* I pulled when I started playing 2 years ago, so I have a personal attachment. And it's such a great sprite.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

1. No step-up

Ignis is best boy of XV. But Nichol is best boy of BE, and I already have him. It's a hard problem to have!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »

1. No step-up

Ignis is best boy of XV. But Nichol is best boy of BE, and I already have him. It's a hard problem to have!

I'm still on the Zarg train myself. I have one Seaside Nichol, and a second would convince me to use him. He lacks offensive buffs. but his defensive buffs are amazing and my offensive units mosty self-buff their offensive stats anyway.

Ignis would be an upgrade for me, but not enough of one to pull for. Ignacio, however, he's one I'm gonna pull for.

• lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Woo hoo! After going through a full step-up cycle and dumping more than 20 tickets, I finally pulled a Malaphaise (off a normal summon ticket no less)!

I'm almost tempted to spend a UoC to awaken her fully, once I finish her TMR moogle.

This discussion has been closed.