Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

1235790

Posts

  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I love how the medicine has two totally different remedies to cover.

    Enlarged prostate. Hair loss.

    What?
    It's a result of the drug targeting the same metabolic/endocrinological process in the body.

    I forget exactly which metabolic chain/pathway (for DHT) but I had a long and fascinating conversation with an endocrinologist about this once.

    Fun fact! Finasteride is known as an 'Azasteroid*' in biochemistry. *It also sounds like the name of a heavy metal band.

    Most pharmaceuticals have names that sound like metal bands and / or D&D demon lords. Can’t tell me that Tagamet, Xyrtec, and Zoloft don’t rule any of the infinite levels of the Abyss.

    Alpha-5 Reductase converts T into DHT.


    Xeljanz, Butcher of souls

    Crestor, Champion of Gruumsh

    Paxil, Broker of false peace

    (this is fun!)

    Oooh, I'm on Crestor for diabetes! Go Gruumsh!
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    So, I might have just emailed our local roller derby team just to see what's up :P
    Never played but it looks like fun!

    The best part (to me) about Roller Derby, isn't so much the injuring of others. It's the names a lot of the team members have.

    Cherry Bl'awesome
    Ruby Bruiseday
    Dixie Wrecked
    Lord Rolldemort

    El Fantastico on
    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

    OmnipotentBagelDouglasDangerH3KnucklesShadowenInfamyDeferredForceVoidJaysonFourPoketpixieZilla360
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    hey woah, no wonder I haven't seen a notification from the old Quiltbag thread in a while! :rotate:

    I'm a bi/pan dude that hasn't painted his nails in waaaaaaaaay too long!!! >:C gotta do that again, now that work is less hectic

    super glad to see everyone - I've been sick for the past, like, 3 weeks with just a low-grade cold, and I'm finally coming out of it

    I actually extended my illness by going to see Coheed and Cambria with a friend, which was totally worth it! man, stage lighting at that venue has DRASTICALLY improved, holy crap! there were a bunch of songs where the entire crowd was just hit with this rainbow palette and it gave me this huge swell of Sense8 finale feels.

    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring Yomi tournament commentary and tutorials!
    El FantasticotzeentchlingSorceSkwigelfcredeikiZilla360GoatmonNeco
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I love how the medicine has two totally different remedies to cover.

    Enlarged prostate. Hair loss.

    What?
    It's a result of the drug targeting the same metabolic/endocrinological process in the body.

    I forget exactly which metabolic chain/pathway (for DHT) but I had a long and fascinating conversation with an endocrinologist about this once.

    Fun fact! Finasteride is known as an 'Azasteroid*' in biochemistry. *It also sounds like the name of a heavy metal band.

    Most pharmaceuticals have names that sound like metal bands and / or D&D demon lords. Can’t tell me that Tagamet, Xyrtec, and Zoloft don’t rule any of the infinite levels of the Abyss.

    Alpha-5 Reductase converts T into DHT.


    Xeljanz, Butcher of souls

    Crestor, Champion of Gruumsh

    Paxil, Broker of false peace

    (this is fun!)

    Oooh, I'm on Crestor for diabetes! Go Gruumsh!
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    So, I might have just emailed our local roller derby team just to see what's up :P
    Never played but it looks like fun!

    The best part (to me) about Roller Derby, isn't so much the injuring of others. It's the names a lot of the team members have.

    Cherry Bl'awesome
    Ruby Bruiseday
    Dixie Wrecked
    Lord Rolldemort

    I was thinking if I ever gave it a shot I'd go with Amelia Bearheart

    H3KnucklesmysticjuicerForceVoidUsagipimentoN1tSt4lkercredeikiFencingsaxlonelyahavaZilla360GoatmonBhow
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Tokyo adopts ordinance banning discrimination against LGBT community
    In a bid to curtail hate speech ahead of the 2020 Games, Tokyo on Friday adopted an anti-discrimination ordinance aimed at protecting the LGBT community.

    The rule is the first ordinance at the prefectural level to contain a stipulation prohibiting discrimination against LGBT people and other sexual and gender minorities.
    To ensure equal enjoyment of human rights, the Tokyo ordinance will regulate use of public spaces such as parks to prevent groups from promoting hateful rhetoric.

    The ordinance is designed to improve access for same-sex couples in situations such as hospital visits and shared renting of apartments as family.

    SorceZonugalSkwigelfnever dieRainfall3clipsekimeN1tSt4lkerInfamyDeferredToxtzeentchlingWyvernCurly_BraceButlerFencingsaxAnialoswanderingDarkPrimusLabelKochikenstyniclonelyahavaErin The RedH3KnucklespimentoApocalyptusLucedesThe Hanged ManZilla360mysticjuicerBlameless Cleric
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tokyo adopts ordinance banning discrimination against LGBT community
    In a bid to curtail hate speech ahead of the 2020 Games, Tokyo on Friday adopted an anti-discrimination ordinance aimed at protecting the LGBT community.

    The rule is the first ordinance at the prefectural level to contain a stipulation prohibiting discrimination against LGBT people and other sexual and gender minorities.
    To ensure equal enjoyment of human rights, the Tokyo ordinance will regulate use of public spaces such as parks to prevent groups from promoting hateful rhetoric.

    The ordinance is designed to improve access for same-sex couples in situations such as hospital visits and shared renting of apartments as family.

    it's lame that it's only city ordinance and only out of shame but it's something, at least.

    GrogSkwigelfSorcekimeN1tSt4lkerInfamyDeferredDouglasDangerFencingsaxKochikensElldrenApocalyptusZilla360mysticjuicerJaysonFour
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I tend to paint my nails when I get off work Saturday and take the polish off before I go to bed Monday, but my shift is changing at work and I don't know if I have the energy to paint my nails and have them on for only a day and a half just to take them off again.

    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    A 50 year old man from norwich was warned by police today for transphobic behavior online

    His name is not being released to the public but coincidentally that's where Graham linehan is from

    25Mj5br.png
    Curly_BraceGrogSporkAndrewElldrenErin The RedH3KnucklesApocalyptusZilla360GoatmonJansonShadowenJaysonFour
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    A 50 year old man from norwich was warned by police today for transphobic behavior online

    His name is not being released to the public but coincidentally that's where Graham linehan is from

    A man whose Twitter account notably went private recently

    brecwoegisac.gif
    WeedLordVegetaMoosehatIVtynicGoatmonShadowen
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    A 50 year old man from norwich was warned by police today for transphobic behavior online

    His name is not being released to the public but coincidentally that's where Graham linehan is from

    A man whose Twitter account notably went private recently

    Today, in fact!

    25Mj5br.png
    OmnipotentBagelElldrenGoatmonJaysonFour
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    According to the Daily Mail (not linking because it's the Mail) on the 28th September Linehan was reported to police regarding his ongoing rows with Transgender activists so it all adds up.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular


    Bowsette costume is coming along nicely! Need to make shell and crown and horns still, but hey! Baby steps

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
    WhippyOmnipotentBagelwanderingCouscousnever dieOne Thousand CablesZonugalToxpimentoUsagiInfamyDeferredUnbreakableVowPoketpixieApocalyptusElldrenSorceZilla360ButlerForceVoidchrishallett83credeikiGoatmon3clipsemysticjuicerreplacewythyCare Free BombtzeentchlingJansonShadowenVeldrinJaysonFourSkwigelfXehalus
  • LucedesLucedes never stops, never started Registered User regular
    i feel like bi/pan people often end up in heterosexual relationships because the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual people is so distinct.
    even if 20% of the population was bi/gay, your opposite-sex matches are gonna be roughly 4 to same-sex 1.

    hence a lot of bisexuals in the 5-10 lifetime relationships range have had, like, 1 or 2 gay and 4-8 straight relationships.
    if monogamous, 80% or whatever will end up in straight marriages, assuming an exact 50-50 preference.

    it's kind of my theory, though.
    it's skewed somewhat by the lgbtq community clustering based on shared experience,
    but historical taboo seems to skew it pretty hard the other way, too.

    ForceVoidcredeikiGoatmonInfamyDeferredTefLoisLane
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


    pimentoSweeney TomSporkAndrewnever die3clipsekimemysticjuicerToxMsAnthropyUsagiAthenorCurly_BraceElldrenlonelyahavakaceypZilla360DarkPrimuswanderingN1tSt4lkerZonugalMcFodderAnialostzeentchlingH3KnucklesLucedesErin The RedNechriahShadowenAndy JoeJedocCorporal CarlVeldrinJaysonFourSkwigelfEinzelMr_Rose
  • Amara_PAmara_P Registered User regular
    Sorry for poofing again (life gets hella busy) but I NEEDED to return to tell you guys some really amazing news!

    First, some light background:
    I've been dating Goatmon, here, for just over a year. And it was briefly before we got together that I figured out I'm bi and trans. Thing is, my mother is really really right wing. We got into fights about it CONSTANTLY. It led me to lose a lot of respect for her. All the same, I really was terrified of her disowning me over all this. She's my mom...ya know?

    That leads us to today:
    This morning I woke up from a nightmare. I had dreamed that my little brother (a kid I loathe a lot of the time) was displaying some gay tendencies and my mom took a swing at him. I went off. I defended him and fought with her. She essentially ended the argument on the whole "No son of mine!!" shtick and I screamed in her face and stormed off. A few minutes later, my Dad approaches me and is choking back tears. He tells me something incoherent and I sprint to where I'd left my mom to find she'd shot herself. I woke up with a tear-stained pillow and immediately texted my mom telling her all about that nightmare. She said "I'd never turn away one of my children for being gay. I have gay friends and I have friends who are trans. It was just a bad dream. Love you." She'd NEVER been this sweet with me about things concerning LGBT folk. But her saying that finally gave me the push I needed to tell her everything. I told her ALL OF THE THINGS...and she accepted me! My mother was REALLY accepting! Even told me the name I chose for myself is pretty!

    This sense of relief is overwhelming and I've been babbling to people about it all day. I don't frequent here, but I felt y'all should know cuz this site was one of the first places I came out publicly and sooooo it means a lot to me that I check in once in a while and when big things happen. I can finally move on with my life and get the help I need (finances allowing XP).

    Thanks for reading <3

    RainfallPsykomaBrovid HasselsmofUsagiWyvernAthenorCurly_BraceGundiCouscousLabelGoatmonkimereplacewythyKetarElldrenLiiyalonelyahavakaceyptynicjaziekMsAnthropyZilla360Care Free BombDarkPrimusGrogwanderingcredeikiKanaN1tSt4lkerpimentonever dieMr FuzzbuttMadpoetMcFodderApocalyptusToxSorceAnialostzeentchlingH3KnucklesSporkAndrewForceVoidErin The RedJansonmysticjuicerPoketpixieElbasunuNechriahShadowenaStoryAboutYouButlerpookaThe Hanged ManAllyxiaJedocCorporal CarlJaysonFourSkwigelfEinzelThe SauceGnizmoMr_RoseVarg
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Oh gosh Amara I'm so happy that went well for you!

    GundiCouscousGoatmon3clipseElldrenlonelyahavaCromartyKanapimentonever dieMcFodderApocalyptusSorceErin The RedJedoc
  • Amara_PAmara_P Registered User regular
    Thank you Rainfall :D I'm having an amazing day now because of it ^u^

    GoatmonRainfallnever dieSorceErin The Red
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Family's not family, in my mind, unless they give you unconditional love. I'm glad you got family, Amara.

    CouscousGoatmon3clipseCromartyMsAnthropyZilla360pimentonever dieSorceErin The RedAthenorPoketpixieNechriahShadowenSkwigelf
  • Amara_PAmara_P Registered User regular
    I totally agree. And thank you >w< I didn't think it would end like this but YAY :D My fear is gooooooooooonezo

    GoatmonZilla360never die
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i feel like bi/pan people often end up in heterosexual relationships because the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual people is so distinct.
    even if 20% of the population was bi/gay, your opposite-sex matches are gonna be roughly 4 to same-sex 1.

    hence a lot of bisexuals in the 5-10 lifetime relationships range have had, like, 1 or 2 gay and 4-8 straight relationships.
    if monogamous, 80% or whatever will end up in straight marriages, assuming an exact 50-50 preference.

    it's kind of my theory, though.
    it's skewed somewhat by the lgbtq community clustering based on shared experience,
    but historical taboo seems to skew it pretty hard the other way, too.

    I think this might be part of it, but I think larger contributors might be related to ~patriarchy~

    I deeply deeply suspect the number if bi/pan cismen is muuuuuch higher than anyone thinks, either because the individual dude is unawares/unaccepting of his own desires, or because of cultural pressures of homophobia/biphobia. Bi/pan women are more accepted, but that's almost entirely because of cismale fantasies surrounding femme on femme sex.

    Also from a cultural acceptance framework, being in a hetero-appearing relationship is just friggin' easier in general--less harassment, less questioning, less bullshit to put up with in public, etc.

    Aaaaaaand holy shit have you tried being a bi/pan femme trying to date a lesbian, or a bi/pan dude trying to date anyone?

    I get shut down so fast, and often in just cruel ways because I enjoy banging dudes. Close cismen friends who are pan and out get the same cruelty from all sides.

    The BetgirlDoobhlonelyahavaGundiOmnipotentBagelKanaZonugalApocalyptusSorceAnialosJansonmysticjuicerThe Hanged Man
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Amara_P wrote: »
    Sorry for poofing again (life gets hella busy) but I NEEDED to return to tell you guys some really amazing news!

    First, some light background:
    I've been dating Goatmon, here, for just over a year. And it was briefly before we got together that I figured out I'm bi and trans. Thing is, my mother is really really right wing. We got into fights about it CONSTANTLY. It led me to lose a lot of respect for her. All the same, I really was terrified of her disowning me over all this. She's my mom...ya know?

    That leads us to today:
    This morning I woke up from a nightmare. I had dreamed that my little brother (a kid I loathe a lot of the time) was displaying some gay tendencies and my mom took a swing at him. I went off. I defended him and fought with her. She essentially ended the argument on the whole "No son of mine!!" shtick and I screamed in her face and stormed off. A few minutes later, my Dad approaches me and is choking back tears. He tells me something incoherent and I sprint to where I'd left my mom to find she'd shot herself. I woke up with a tear-stained pillow and immediately texted my mom telling her all about that nightmare. She said "I'd never turn away one of my children for being gay. I have gay friends and I have friends who are trans. It was just a bad dream. Love you." She'd NEVER been this sweet with me about things concerning LGBT folk. But her saying that finally gave me the push I needed to tell her everything. I told her ALL OF THE THINGS...and she accepted me! My mother was REALLY accepting! Even told me the name I chose for myself is pretty!

    This sense of relief is overwhelming and I've been babbling to people about it all day. I don't frequent here, but I felt y'all should know cuz this site was one of the first places I came out publicly and sooooo it means a lot to me that I check in once in a while and when big things happen. I can finally move on with my life and get the help I need (finances allowing XP).

    Thanks for reading <3

    I'm so happy for you, baby! <3

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Amara_PAmara_P Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Amara_P wrote: »
    Sorry for poofing again (life gets hella busy) but I NEEDED to return to tell you guys some really amazing news!

    First, some light background:
    I've been dating Goatmon, here, for just over a year. And it was briefly before we got together that I figured out I'm bi and trans. Thing is, my mother is really really right wing. We got into fights about it CONSTANTLY. It led me to lose a lot of respect for her. All the same, I really was terrified of her disowning me over all this. She's my mom...ya know?

    That leads us to today:
    This morning I woke up from a nightmare. I had dreamed that my little brother (a kid I loathe a lot of the time) was displaying some gay tendencies and my mom took a swing at him. I went off. I defended him and fought with her. She essentially ended the argument on the whole "No son of mine!!" shtick and I screamed in her face and stormed off. A few minutes later, my Dad approaches me and is choking back tears. He tells me something incoherent and I sprint to where I'd left my mom to find she'd shot herself. I woke up with a tear-stained pillow and immediately texted my mom telling her all about that nightmare. She said "I'd never turn away one of my children for being gay. I have gay friends and I have friends who are trans. It was just a bad dream. Love you." She'd NEVER been this sweet with me about things concerning LGBT folk. But her saying that finally gave me the push I needed to tell her everything. I told her ALL OF THE THINGS...and she accepted me! My mother was REALLY accepting! Even told me the name I chose for myself is pretty!

    This sense of relief is overwhelming and I've been babbling to people about it all day. I don't frequent here, but I felt y'all should know cuz this site was one of the first places I came out publicly and sooooo it means a lot to me that I check in once in a while and when big things happen. I can finally move on with my life and get the help I need (finances allowing XP).

    Thanks for reading <3

    I'm so happy for you, baby! <3

    Thank you sweetheart >w<

    Goatmon
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Usagi wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i feel like bi/pan people often end up in heterosexual relationships because the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual people is so distinct.
    even if 20% of the population was bi/gay, your opposite-sex matches are gonna be roughly 4 to same-sex 1.

    hence a lot of bisexuals in the 5-10 lifetime relationships range have had, like, 1 or 2 gay and 4-8 straight relationships.
    if monogamous, 80% or whatever will end up in straight marriages, assuming an exact 50-50 preference.

    it's kind of my theory, though.
    it's skewed somewhat by the lgbtq community clustering based on shared experience,
    but historical taboo seems to skew it pretty hard the other way, too.

    I think this might be part of it, but I think larger contributors might be related to ~patriarchy~

    I deeply deeply suspect the number if bi/pan cismen is muuuuuch higher than anyone thinks, either because the individual dude is unawares/unaccepting of his own desires, or because of cultural pressures of homophobia/biphobia. Bi/pan women are more accepted, but that's almost entirely because of cismale fantasies surrounding femme on femme sex.

    Also from a cultural acceptance framework, being in a hetero-appearing relationship is just friggin' easier in general--less harassment, less questioning, less bullshit to put up with in public, etc.

    Aaaaaaand holy shit have you tried being a bi/pan femme trying to date a lesbian, or a bi/pan dude trying to date anyone?

    I get shut down so fast, and often in just cruel ways because I enjoy banging dudes. Close cismen friends who are pan and out get the same cruelty from all sides.

    I always feel it real keenly when I see so many queer women praise lesbians, and talk about how great girls are

    aaaaaaaaaaaand never even spare a thought to include bi women in that whole equation

    sorry I happen to like dudes on occasion, guess I'm not part of the cool club

    Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    UsagiRainfallFencingsaxThe BetgirlOmnipotentBagelZonugal
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i feel like bi/pan people often end up in heterosexual relationships because the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual people is so distinct.
    even if 20% of the population was bi/gay, your opposite-sex matches are gonna be roughly 4 to same-sex 1.

    hence a lot of bisexuals in the 5-10 lifetime relationships range have had, like, 1 or 2 gay and 4-8 straight relationships.
    if monogamous, 80% or whatever will end up in straight marriages, assuming an exact 50-50 preference.

    it's kind of my theory, though.
    it's skewed somewhat by the lgbtq community clustering based on shared experience,
    but historical taboo seems to skew it pretty hard the other way, too.

    I think this might be part of it, but I think larger contributors might be related to ~patriarchy~

    I deeply deeply suspect the number if bi/pan cismen is muuuuuch higher than anyone thinks, either because the individual dude is unawares/unaccepting of his own desires, or because of cultural pressures of homophobia/biphobia. Bi/pan women are more accepted, but that's almost entirely because of cismale fantasies surrounding femme on femme sex.

    Also from a cultural acceptance framework, being in a hetero-appearing relationship is just friggin' easier in general--less harassment, less questioning, less bullshit to put up with in public, etc.

    Aaaaaaand holy shit have you tried being a bi/pan femme trying to date a lesbian, or a bi/pan dude trying to date anyone?

    I get shut down so fast, and often in just cruel ways because I enjoy banging dudes. Close cismen friends who are pan and out get the same cruelty from all sides.

    I always feel it real keenly when I see so many queer women praise lesbians, and talk about how great girls are

    aaaaaaaaaaaand never even spare a thought to include bi women in that whole equation

    sorry I happen to like dudes on occasion, guess I'm not part of the cool club

    Fiiiiiistbump

    A few weeks ago myself and two queer & poly femme friends went to the local LGBT+ film festival and somehow ended up sitting in the gold star lesbian section.

    There were eight short films that night, and three? four? of them were about cheating/jealousy, and in the intermission we were musing aloud about how perhaps if the film subjects had considered nonmonogamy maybe this whole premise could have been avoided.

    Cue the group of women around us making loud shocked noises about fidelity and how we must be bi because of course we couldn't make up our minds.

    I am still angry at them.

    wanderinglonelyahavaZonugalJaysonFourBlameless Cleric
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    jesus, yeah, I'd be fucking incandescent in your shoes

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    PsykomakimeCurly_BraceRainfallUsagi3clipseCromartyFencingsaxKetarThe BetgirlorangeusOmnipotentBagellonelyahavaLabelwanderingGoatmonN1tSt4lkerpimentoStiltschrishallett83ZonugalApocalyptusAnialostzeentchlingH3KnucklesErin The RedShadowenYukiraJaysonFour
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Those sound like fucking dumb people, but then again if they describe themselves as "gold star lesbians"... I am also bi/pan but it's mostly theoretical since I'm still not really comfortable with my body right now and I've never been physically intimate with anyone.

    On an unrelated note, I got a haircut today and my hair's getting pretty long, about an inch below my shoulders.

    I'm thinking at some point, whenever I get the guts, I might get it died pink as a "hello/fuck you, I'm me" to the world.

    I might get it cut short if I dye it pink though, since I personally think that if you're gonna color long hair purple or platinum or red/orange seem to tend to look better. Like I dunno, maybe get some pink highlights instead.

    Of course this is also assuming I eventually get the guts to do it.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Long hair can totally look good in pink!

    credeikiKanaN1tSt4lkerpimentoSorcemysticjuicerpookaEinzelGoatmon
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    You could always do like an ombré, if you don't feel like the solid color works.

    brecwoegisac.gif
    N1tSt4lkerpimento
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So lately i've been dealing with some wild hormonal changes that are just plain evil.

    I'm a ciswoman and these things may not be helpful, but I need somewhere to talk about them and yeah.
    complete loss of sex drive. to the point where I started to wonder if maybe all my life i've been some sort of asexual but only really had sex because I thought I should at the time and did I ever really enjoy it, or was I just doing what I thought I should do because i watched a lot of porn? Maybe sex just isn't all that great at all and what even is the point behind it, it takes far too long to get interested and not long enough to do anything about it.

    Add in the mood swings that went from violently angry over the smallest, stupidest little things to the deep dive depression that meant even thinking about eating took up too much energy, let alone actually eating. These mood swings would almost always happen on the 3rd week of my cycle, usually over about a 3 day period.

    I finally broke down and talked to my Doctor about all of this because I didn't want to feel crazy anymore. I didn't want to keep being so irrationally angry, know that I was being irrationally angry, and being unable to stop myself from being that way. It was starting to effect other people. I normally could contain my mood swings in my brain and channel them out in other ways, but I was starting to actually be mean to my husband, and I had to call out of work a few times because I couldn't get out of bed and I couldn't trust myself to not just scream at people for no real discernible reason.

    But only for those 3 days. Every other day of the month I was fine. Happy for the most part, able to go with the flow and keep things going.

    So the Doctor didn't want to put me on any anti-depressants because to change my whole overall mood for just 3 monthly days of crazy didn't make sense. Instead, she recommended that I try a herbal supplement called Vitex. Yes, I know. I rolled my eyes pretty hard as well. But she assured me that she took it as well, even showed me her bottle that she had in her purse. So I decided to go for it. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

    Well, it turns out, it's actually pretty great stuff. I've been taking it for about 4 months now and I'm actually doing better than I have since before the kid was born. I'm in a good mood the majority of the time (current political upheaval not withstanding), and I'm even feeling sexual attraction and desire for my husband again. Almost like I was when we first got together and moved in and definitely before the baby came. My mood swings are manageable, they're present, but just tiny flashes and not crushing tsunamis of emotions. I can smile and laugh with my coworkers again. I don't hate everybody and everything and i'm really enjoying life.

    I'm even feeling more self-confident than I have in the past, to the point where I'm almost considering getting my hair died a wild and crazy colour. right now my hair is buzzed short to a #5 on the clippers. Maybe closer to a #5.5 in reality. But yeah. Maybe I'll go purple for the summer.




    Anyways, thanks for reading that if you did. If you are also dealing with wild and crazies, maybe talk to a Dr or GP or somebody about the herbal supplement Vitex. I honestly feel more myself again than I have in a long long long time. I know, I think I know, that taking HRT is slightly different than the normal hormonal changes for a ciswoman but maybe it could be helpful to others? I dunno. I'm rambling. Sorry about that.

    GoatmonPlatyUsagipimentonever die3clipsetynicApocalyptusLucedesForceVoidInfamyDeferredJansonmysticjuicerLiiyaShadowenpookaCromartyZilla360Allyxia
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Rainfall wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    So here's a question; I habitually use words like 'dude' or 'guys' as gender neutral casual forms of address. Is this something I should actively work to stop, or do you think most trans people would understand that I'm not labelling them when I say it?

    I'd encourage anyone to change their language to be fully inclusive. Takes some work, but I really appreciate it when someone puts the time in.

    I have gotten a lot better about this, lately. I only seem to have trouble sticking to neutral pronouns, when referring to nonbinary folk.

    It's surprisingly hard for me to quit perceiving people strictly within the male/female binary.

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I will say that depending on what region your from I think it's totally fair to use guy or "you guys" as gender neutral.

    That being said it's not hard to avoid gendered pronouns by either substituting them for gender neutral ones or simply avoiding pronouns.

  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    So here's a question; I habitually use words like 'dude' or 'guys' as gender neutral casual forms of address. Is this something I should actively work to stop, or do you think most trans people would understand that I'm not labelling them when I say it?

    I'd encourage anyone to change their language to be fully inclusive. Takes some work, but I really appreciate it when someone puts the time in.

    I have gotten a lot better about this, lately. I only seem to have trouble sticking to neutral pronouns, when referring to nonbinary folk.

    It's surprisingly hard for me to quit perceiving people strictly within the male/female binary.

    The last thread got me to start incorporating y'all back into my vocabulary due to it being more inclusive, after I dropped it mostly out of my vocabulary around high school time to "sound more intelligent" (ugh). Ya'll is a useful cover all group term.

    aStoryAboutYou
  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I recently went on a date that very quickly became a non-date (but that is here, there & beyond), but at one point my bisexuality came up and I think I stumbled on the easiest descriptor for this type of situation.

    "I like attractive people."

    It kind of wraps everything up and really leaves no realistic opening for criticism (beyond your standard bigotry).

    2mw6ukw.jpg
    lonelyahavapimentoToxLucedesForceVoidwanderingErin The Red3clipseShadowenZilla360pooka
  • LucedesLucedes never stops, never started Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Aaaaaaand holy shit have you tried being a bi/pan femme trying to date a lesbian, or a bi/pan dude trying to date anyone?

    both, actually

    i'm a gold star bisexual

    FencingsaxWhippySorceForceVoidmysticjuicer3clipseThe BetgirlUsagitynicApocalyptusShadowenThe Hanged ManH3KnucklesEl Skid
  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I recently went on a date that very quickly became a non-date (but that is here, there & beyond), but at one point my bisexuality came up and I think I stumbled on the easiest descriptor for this type of situation.

    "I like attractive people."

    It kind of wraps everything up and really leaves no realistic opening for criticism (beyond your standard bigotry).

    My stock response is generally "I am attracted to people, not parts"

    GoatmonZilla360
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I’m a bronze medal bi

    mysticjuicer3clipseFencingsaxKanawanderingEinzel
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Is "gold star" a self-identified term? Because I've never heard that phrase employed in that way without being condescending as hell, like the same tone as "good job do you want a sticker?" and it's hilarious to me if these wads are self-burning.

    brecwoegisac.gif
    KanaPhoenix-D
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    It's usually self identified I think
    It's like if you're gay and never had sex with a woman or lesbian and never had sex with a man.
    It's a way for assholes to try and introduce a hierarchy in their communities.

    tzeentchlingMulysaSemproniustynicApocalyptusFencingsaxSorcePhoenix-DRainfall
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    It's usually self identified I think
    It's like if you're gay and never had sex with a woman or lesbian and never had sex with a man.
    It's a way for assholes to try and introduce a hierarchy in their communities.

    Oh I get that being proud of doing that is a legit thing, I was just curious if they were voluntarily choosing that term. It sounds like something people came up with to make fun of them

    brecwoegisac.gif
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @Erin The Red you’ve probably already been linked to it, but did you see the Facebook post for Bowsette shells using the dollar tree turtle shells?

    sig.jpg
    Erin The Red
This discussion has been closed.