As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Events Without Pre-Registrations?

calvinbjddcalvinbjdd Registered User regular
How will access to events without Pre-Registrations work? I am particularly interested in the SU&SD live podcast.

Thank you!

• iltailta Registered User regular
    generally, you line up outside the room where it will be held, starting an hour beforehand. for some main theater events the lineup might start earlier.

there will be enforcers counting people in the line. if it hits capacity, they will cut off the line and tell you to move along.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Tournaments: The PAX run ones have all signups be day-of at the Tourney desk. Ones run by other vendors will work slightly different, should be explained in the description.
    Panels: Line up outside of the theater no sooner than the line for the previous panel being let in. First-come, first-serve, (probably) no overflow line. If you're looking to attend consecutive panels in the same room, keep in mind that unless there's no gap in the schedule, the room will empty between panels.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • calvinbjddcalvinbjdd Registered User regular
    Thank you. That is all good info!

Last year, I had very few wants on my list. This year, I have several. (Meaning next year, I will have every second of the Con planned out)

• iltailta Registered User regular
    I should also say that last year, Adventure League DnD playthroughs were different each day. One day it was "line up in one big-ass line in the morning, wait for an hour+, sign up for a timeslot later that day and return at that time". Another day it was "line up only for the upcoming session, otherwise come back an hour before the session you'd like to do, good luck".

Both had their problems, and all of it was compounded by the fact that there just weren't nearly enough tables available. I don't know how it will work this year.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The descriptions for the AL events said the Intro ones are the latter, everything else is pre-reg through the app.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • eriepopeeriepope Registered User regular
    So for the Workshops. Last year, I got there super early, hung out with a bunch of people in the big room we were told to Queue up in. It was fun and exciting and we met people. Played some simple card games. When the lines then opened up so we could sign up for what we were interested in we found that people just walking down the hall were in front of us. Is this how its going to work this year. should I sleep in instead of getting to the site early to make sure I get the painting workshops I'm interested in?

• GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Last year, there were some unique space and traffic flow problems, particularly with D&D Adventurers League and The Workshop, compounded by lack of available space and other myraid "first year in a new building" problems. Changing procedures mid-con is not something that will happen again.

For D&D Adventurer's League:
    • D&D space has doubled, and will not have its own Queue Room.
    • Tier 1 games will have dedicated use of this Queue Room. There will be no registration for these sessions. The Queue Room will have only one queue: for the next scheduled Tier 1 start time (11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 7PM, & 9PM). The Queue Room will be open from 8AM until the first morning session caps, and will then open throughout the day after each time it empties for a sessions start.
    • Tier 2, Tier 3, and special events (Open & Epic) will all be app-based pre-registration on Nov 9th at 1PM Eastern. Registered players should arrive 15-minutes prior to the event to check in. Other interested players can also arrive at any time prior to event to form a first-come first-served waitlist. Checked-in and waitlist players will form a queue at the end of the hallway.
    • RPG Department on the whole is quadrupling its space, so there will also be opportunities to play in other non-D&D games. Check each individual schedule listing for details. Some vendors will opt to use their own online pre-registration (Paizo via Warhorn, 2CGaming via their website), while others will have a morning registration line at RPG HQ (Fantasy Flight, Magpie, Chaosium, etc). There are also several RPG Freeplay rooms, and players can post their own games at RPG HQ after the morning registration line has cleared.

For The Workshop:
    • The Workshop has relocated to Level 1 this year, giving it enough space to form a dedicated registration queue.
    • The 200-level main Queue Room will only be for areas on Level 2 and Level 3. The Level 1 rooms will have established queues right outside their doors. These queues will begin forming at 8AM, with registrations being processed no later than 9AM.

Gundabad on