As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I've loved seeing them flesh out the Primarchs in the HH series.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I've also been slowly chipping away at it... On book 39 atm. Alternating something non-40k and HH books for the last while

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

What happened to orktober and Speed Freeks? :(

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

What happened to orktober and Speed Freeks? :(

Nothing? It’s only the 7th

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I mean, October is also National Bullying Awareness Month but I’m not gonna be thinking about bullies 24/7 all month. You can do more than one thing in a month!

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Burnage wrote: »
    The beginning of the heresy series was pretty interesting. Bloating it to 50 books and the dumb distribution model they used was not.

This is 100% me being a grognard but I massively preferred when the Horus Heresy was a vaguely remembered myth of the setting, and not something that had been depicted in excruciating detail.

This is me and every solo title about Wolverine's background. He was more fun as the lancer with a dark and mysterious past to act as a foil to the other X-Men.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't know I read up to The Outcast Dead I think because I was really bored in the assassin one {the one were the group goes to kill Horus fails but founds the imperial cult} I know my brother has both sides of the Prospero Burns book because I as a joke will paint the Thousand Sons as proto blood ravens out of the game {this was why I got more Mark III as he claimed the whole box for himself} He says and I vaguely remember that Magnus sends away some of his legion for some reason just before the Wolves arrive {I remember how they talked about the rememberancers? and how they left only to run into the wolves just as they arrived but nothing more was said about them.

There are parts I did like how they fleshed out but how the lore has changed in some ways since then I wonder how it holds up

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I'm one of those that liked it towards the beginning. Getting Horus' story as he fell didn't really destroy a lot of mystery since the broad outlines were known and the characters that were introduced were worth it, IMO. Once they moved past the major events though it started going downhill. There's still some gems in there, The First Heretic for example, but there's a whole lot of chaff too.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Killteam Commanders for the imperial factions:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/08/kill-team-commanders-of-the-imperiumgw-homepage-post-1/

Only Primaris for Marines. Deathwatch at least gets the Watchmaster if you want to use original flavour Marines.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of going up to Captain and Magos power level for Killteam, but we'll see how that works out.

Not a fan of the command point farming ability.

honovere on
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I might be a minority here, but I avoided the space marines until 8th edition and the primaris models. I think they look awesome, and I kinda can't wait until they replace all the regular marines. Plus I like the 2 wounds 2 attack profile...

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    LeztaLezta Registered User regular
    I might be a minority here, but I avoided the space marines until 8th edition and the primaris models. I think they look awesome, and I kinda can't wait until they replace all the regular marines. Plus I like the 2 wounds 2 attack profile...

I don't know if you're in the minority - Primaris seem really popular. I don't like the look of them, myself (not a fan of their proportions - look like upscaled humans, not superhumans, and I don't think the mk4 style helm is as iconic as the mk7 or 6), so I'm just keeping on keeping on with what I've got. Guess I'll just stop if GW ever do kill all the old marines off.

• Options
    I feel ya. Age of Sigmar looks awesome, but I've got about 120 Knights of Britonnia and a similar number of Tomb Kings sized hole in my heart... Also I think the Stormcast models look kinda dumb. No accounting for taste right?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Not a big fan of how the Primaris Commander eligible units are $60 for a single figure.

Edit: nvm, they're 50% off on Amazon. I like to give my patronage to a FLGS but not at a 100% premium.

Rius on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Not a big fan of how the Primaris Commander eligible units are $60 for a single figure.

Edit: nvm, they're 50% off on Amazon. I like to give my patronage to a FLGS but not at a 100% premium.

What's the figure you're referencing? Haven't seen many of these on Amazon before.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am skipping the DW watchmaster as I own one already because I play Deathwatch and they are just so good.

I need to see the points on the characters. I can tell you my DW can just fit 5 people at level 1 on the table. A watchmaster will probably make that 2-3 models.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am skipping the DW watchmaster as I own one already because I play Deathwatch and they are just so good.

I need to see the points on the characters. I can tell you my DW can just fit 5 people at level 1 on the table. A watchmaster will probably make that 2-3 models.

It sounds like the characters are very much not meant for standard Kill Team games. Special scenarios or narrative games only, is the impression I had.

Which I'm kind of fine with? The focus really should be on the actual little dudes and throwing shit like a Farseer or Solitaire in there is going to completely wreck balance.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    They're supposedly upping the matched play points from 100 to 120 so you can add in a commander OR just add more units. Not sure where I read that.

Edit: From the earlier article;
    Commanders can be used in special open, narrative and matched play missions that allow higher points limits than ordinary games of Kill Team, enabling you to include a Commander alongside your normal kill team or field a larger kill team against them.

Rius on
  • Options
    In the Rogue Trader expansion Commander games are special missions that increase the points level to 150 points. With a Watchmaster I expect that you still don't get much more than 2-3 Marines in addition, especially if take some of the commander upgrades and traits.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I always forget which Space Wolves HQs match the normal options. Wolf Lord is a captain, Rune Priest is a librarian, and I think the Wolf Priest a chaplain. Is there an Iron Priest equivalent?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I always forget which Space Wolves HQs match the normal options. Wolf Lord is a captain, Rune Priest is a librarian, and I think the Wolf Priest a chaplain. Is there an Iron Priest equivalent?

Techmarine.

• Options

Techmarine

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    My hope is that the Enginseer would finally get a choice of proper AdMech pistols instead of the laspistol that he kept when he was transferred over from the Guard codex. I'm not expecting it though.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    My hope is that the Enginseer would finally get a choice of proper AdMech pistols instead of the laspistol that he kept when he was transferred over from the Guard codex. I'm not expecting it though.

If it's not in the kit, it's not on the datasheet. That's the age we're rollin in.
    The customization stuff is entirely through the skills/traits/stratagems (you can probably make a very shooty techpriest with like... "bioelectric capacitors" or something)

Part of me likes the customization stuff being non-wargear dependant, because wysiwyging necro/mordhiem/anyotherskirmishgame models with changing weapons was always a massive pain in the ass.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Oh shit, I totally forgot about techmarines. I have always wanted this model
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Techmarine-with-Servitors

But I've never had a list to run it. I already have one Iron Priest I got from the blister. I might buy a techmarine and wolf it up.

Edit: this one is cool tool.
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Thunderfire-Cannon

I know I can't use the cannon but I like the model.

I need to check ebay.

Editedit: this has also reminded me that I need to buy razorback gun bits for the 3 old rhinos I have since I'm not magnetizing my predator tanks to be anything else besides predator tanks.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    I have that tech marine like the apothecary I just did not know how I would paint them within the black templars since all white or red seems out of place
    It's been one of those problems I just don't know how I would do.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have that tech marine like the apothecary I just did not know how I would paint them within the black templars since all white or red seems out of place
    It's been one of those problems I just don't know how I would do.

For Deathwatch the base armor is the same. I have a black armor and silver arm. But the cloak at least on the primaris is red. I think this would work for a Black Templar. I don't get tech marines though.

iqdcpmwdiz94.png

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    McGibs wrote: »

If it's not in the kit, it's not on the datasheet. That's the age we're rollin in.
    The customization stuff is entirely through the skills/traits/stratagems (you can probably make a very shooty techpriest with like... "bioelectric capacitors" or something)

Part of me likes the customization stuff being non-wargear dependant, because wysiwyging necro/mordhiem/anyotherskirmishgame models with changing weapons was always a massive pain in the ass.

But the thing about the seer is that he has only a holstered pistol on every model that ever has been available. It could be anything.

• Options
    I grew to hate wysiwyg because of Necromunda with how someone got on my case about I needed to "fix" my gang because of the stuff that happened to it in it's life
    As there was no way I was chopping them up after I painted them just to get the look right { I really thought about getting another gang so I can do this but this was not the reason I joined ebay back then}

• Options
    I think that's also easier in Newcromunda because as far as I know, the normal gangers can't change equipment in this version.

• Options
    I grew to hate wysiwyg because of Necromunda with how someone got on my case about I needed to "fix" my gang because of the stuff that happened to it in it's life
    As there was no way I was chopping them up after I painted them just to get the look right { I really thought about getting another gang so I can do this but this was not the reason I joined ebay back then}

I've never played either version but I can just imagine a world where die-hard fans take drills and Green Stuff to their gang members because a critical hit results in robotic nipple replacement or something.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Bought a used Necron Tesseract Vault to convert it into a Monolith (since the original Monolith is... not so pretty). The damn thing turned out to be a resin recast. Guy gave me half the money back, which is fine by me, but I'm still perplexed as to why someone would buy a recast of such a large geometric model.
    (I'm giving him the benefit of doubt, the recast is really high quality, so without knowing what to look for he could have well missed it as a second owner)

Mayday on
  • Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    I've never played either version but I can just imagine a world where die-hard fans take drills and Green Stuff to their gang members because a critical hit results in robotic nipple replacement or something.

Game of Mordheim circa 2000 or so. My Hochland Long Rifle Reiklander Marksman takes down my buddie's captain, right off his silly warhorse that he trotted down the road. After the game results, his captain loses an eye. He grabs the model, grabs the hobby knife and just gouges the fuck out the model's ocular socket. Myself and another friend just stare on in horror at the mutilation that has just occurred.

• Options
    TheColonel wrote: »

Game of Mordheim circa 2000 or so. My Hochland Long Rifle Reiklander Marksman takes down my buddie's captain, right off his silly warhorse that he trotted down the road. After the game results, his captain loses an eye. He grabs the model, grabs the hobby knife and just gouges the fuck out the model's ocular socket. Myself and another friend just stare on in horror at the mutilation that has just occurred.

The person giving me a hard time had the plastic orlock gang with various metal models
    In one game two of the gangers lost limbs so out came some line pliers and off they came with the comment of see it's not that hard!
    I point out how you can get the plastic ones for basically $5 but I was silly and bought the Escher gang which was METAL and cost 6x as much getting female parts at that scale was a pain in the ass. He just shrugged and said it's your choice as I want to see it not have to defer to a paper or card.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    see, those people are psychopaths.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Had anyone ordered stuff from green stuff world? I keep trying to track my package and I can't, I was curious if anyone else has had this experience.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

I did this, sort of. I got out the green stuff and immediately slapped an eyepatch on my Mordheim mini.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

The person giving me a hard time had the plastic orlock gang with various metal models
    In one game two of the gangers lost limbs so out came some line pliers and off they came with the comment of see it's not that hard!
    I point out how you can get the plastic ones for basically $5 but I was silly and bought the Escher gang which was METAL and cost 6x as much getting female parts at that scale was a pain in the ass. He just shrugged and said it's your choice as I want to see it not have to defer to a paper or card.

"And I want you to stop being a douche-nozzle, so both of us are going to be disappointed today, aren't we?"

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    The Sector Imperialis bases and detail kit are both very cool

qou68udshtev.jpg

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I want to buy a Land Speeder Storm because I think the model looks cool... but I have literally zero idea how I would actually use it on the table.

I mainly use Scouts to infiltrate and act as deepstrike denial plus character sniping, so they don't really need a transport. I guess I could build a suicide landspeeder with a heavy flamer and five shotgun scouts embarked on it, which would be 10 S5 shots plus D6 S5 autohitting shots that I could throw at something big. That's kind of a lot of points to dedicate to a meme machine though.

• Options
    Had anyone ordered stuff from green stuff world? I keep trying to track my package and I can't, I was curious if anyone else has had this experience.

I have, twice. Both times took about 2 weeks from when I put in my order, and I wasn't able to track the package either. They arrived via USPS (in the states anyway) and required a signature which ended up with me just picking it up from USPS with the slip in hand.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。