As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    lodger wrote: »
    Woo hoo! After going through a full step-up cycle and dumping more than 20 tickets, I finally pulled a Malaphaise (off a normal summon ticket no less)!

I'm almost tempted to spend a UoC to awaken her fully, once I finish her TMR moogle.

I also plan on dropping a UoC ticket on Malphasie#2. Gonna have to wait until her banner ends on Friday, however.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Haha, I'm doing an 8 round LGD run with 450% bonus. I wish it was more bonus, but I didn't want to pull.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I have never heard of 8 rounds. Insane.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Haha, I'm doing an 8 round LGD run with 450% bonus. I wish it was more bonus, but I didn't want to pull.

The current MK event in JP is bananas for this - 200% for every 7* CG character. 1200% bonus runs with bonus mobs netting me around 60k with a 7 round run. Of course JP also has a 300k UoC ticket in addition to the 150k and 1k ones, so there's that. Still, very nice while it's there.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Cell service is legit garbo where I am in Tennessee currently . 30k MK currency is all the patience Ive been able to muster this weekend

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    I managed to farm enough MK currency for the UoC ticket and the 10% TMR moogle. Had to use 2 lapis refreshes and I was very lucky with bonus mobs on LGD.

Now I can finally grind for my regular purchases. :bigfrown:

How many dualwield tmrs are considered enough? I currently have 6. But my current party only needs one. Should I skip the shop's dualwield? Looks like any good units either have native dualwield or double skill.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
    I'll keep getting DW until it stops being useful expedition gear.

I have so much DW gear.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I managed to farm enough MK currency for the UoC ticket and the 10% TMR moogle. Had to use 2 lapis refreshes and I was very lucky with bonus mobs on LGD.

Now I can finally grind for my regular purchases. :bigfrown:

How many dualwield tmrs are considered enough? I currently have 6. But my current party only needs one. Should I skip the shop's dualwield? Looks like any good units either have native dualwield or double skill.

Reason to get more is more so you can be lazy about party equipment and exploration units than because you need them once you have more than 5.

steam_sig.png
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Hey all in case you're like me and hardly ever look at the summon page there is a free daily summon that started Friday. I think I missed two days...

steam_sig.png
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yup, free summon is good. I got Prishe #3 from it yesterday. I'm not sure if I need a third hairpin right away, so I'll probably add her to the farm team once a spot opens.

The temptation of the step up banner got the better of me. Since I had been really lucky and got one Malphasie and one Circe from earlier draws, I figured 25k for a guaranteed 7* unit made sense. Naturally, I got the bare minimum of rainbows :) The guaranteed 5* on step 3 was my first Aileen. Not too relevant, but is at least another chaining option (with Ex. Aileen) for 10 man trials. On the plus side, I won the coin flip on the guaranteed unit on the last step and got the one that I really wanted, so now I have a 7* Malphasie (or I will once the raid summon drops another 15% of her TMR moogles). Only 22 k lapis left, though, so I won't be doing a step up again for quite a while.

Cururu on
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Drascin for having a supped up Onion Knight for a friend unit. I saw that in the list on Saturday and it was the final piece I needed to finally being able to do the Great Explosion Festival.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I have 0 equipment on my Expedition teams and have rarely ever ran into any issues completing them.

In other news: You guys should be jealous of my ability to get the 15 second ads from the rewards wheel. Almost every day it's 5 15 second ads. Way better than pulling rainbows IMO.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Cururu wrote: »
    Thanks to @Drascin for having a supped up Onion Knight for a friend unit. I saw that in the list on Saturday and it was the final piece I needed to finally being able to do the Great Explosion Festival.

Wait I thought I had changed it to Nyx for the event?

I mean, happy to help, but I could swear my Companion team is set to the one with the 7* Nyx.

EDIT: Bloody... so I apparently forgot to shift positions when setting the team up. Okay, NOW Nyx is the friend unit. My bad guys. Still, hey, my mistake did help @Cururu, so still kinda worth it!

(I'll probably set OK back when this event is over)

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I have 0 equipment on my Expedition teams and have rarely ever ran into any issues completing them.

Same, I tend to hit the max reward just doing mostly supercite missions and a few others. The only missions I could probably use gear on are S ranked and most of the time I don't have the items to boost me up anyways.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Huh. Free summon today came down rainbow. Squall #2. So that's a thing.

Steam ID: Right here.
    For those getting fatigued, here's what I've been doing (and I think others here as well):

1) Don't spend any more money (Vault of Lapis excluded). If you keep spending, the sunk cost not only keeps getting higher but the recency bias of it will make it feel worse.

2) Pull for need not want. There are plenty of cool units, this recent batch, the male summer units, collab units, etc. There will be more coming down the road. Pick your battles. If you have a well rounded team, then by all means try for Malphasie. But if you are missing a 7* tank or support, you may want to hold on. This unfortunately includes gear as well. If the past is any indication, we'll get a step up banner when Elfreeda's and Cloud's 7*'s show up. If you are missing Marshall Glove or Buster Style, you may want to save resources for a crack at them.

3) Tied to above, when clicking on the summon tab, just tell yourself you don't need anything. We are currently in a time when the content is geared for 6* and we have 7*'s. Any of the 7*'s we have now will help a ton with trials and content.

4) Take a break. If you have a good team and are just tired of the grind, nothing wrong with not logging in for a month or more. When you come back there will be plenty of content in the backlog. It could also help get around the sunk cost, since you'll at least be telling yourself you might come back. Yes you'll miss lapis and tickets, but when you come back, there will be more to get.

5) Think of the cost like a subscription. I've probably dropped around $500 on this game so far (based on the 2 EX tickets I've gotten). But I've been playing since launch, so that breaks down to under $20 a month. A bit high for an MMO these days but not crazy. That might help with the sunk cost feeling. When I quit WoW, it's because I hated the end game. I didn't keep pushing through just because I had payed monthly for 2 years. I enjoyed the time I had.

In the end, I think some of it comes down to how you play this game. I play for the animations, art, music, story, trials, etc. Not for collecting units.

Unfortunately pulling units is why I play this game. But it's also kind of a good time waster. Don't really have to think too hard about doing the raids or the MK events. Just log in, select your skills and tap repeat until my NRG/Orbs are gone.

Ironically I tried to play the Dragalia Lost by Nintendo and can't really get into it because it's the opposite of this game: Requires too much babysitting. I like that game well enough but I'll never get through any of these events that require co-op because I don't have the 5-10 minutes to do it.

Oh hey, NicoNico stream revealed the next CG unit.

CG Charlotte.
    LB animation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-nGuulNfp4

Yay, Charlotte is awesome.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Oh hey, NicoNico stream revealed the next CG unit.

CG Charlotte.
    LB animation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-nGuulNfp4

Be still my beating heart.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Well I'll be playing until CG Charlotte I guess, at the very least.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I'm just stoked we got a female CG unit where the CG animation isn't just "Look at those bewbs!" I mean, CG Folka isn't as bad as some others, but this one's just badass.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    CG Folka does have the advantage of thousands of tiny water friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWZ0-8uGR1k

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    urahonky wrote: »
    Unfortunately pulling units is why I play this game. But it's also kind of a good time waster. Don't really have to think too hard about doing the raids or the MK events. Just log in, select your skills and tap repeat until my NRG/Orbs are gone.

Ironically I tried to play the Dragalia Lost by Nintendo and can't really get into it because it's the opposite of this game: Requires too much babysitting. I like that game well enough but I'll never get through any of these events that require co-op because I don't have the 5-10 minutes to do it.

Yeah I looked at it but it seemed too hands on as you mentioned. Also a lot of commenters mentioned Monster Hunter Stories was a better version of the game. I was going to look into that one.

One of the reasons I don't mind the grind too much is that I do like the mechanics and the ease of the play session. I do wish they'd build in a delay button or something to allow for chaining without macros or tricks.

Unfortunately like most gacha games, they look at what the market will bare and playing to pull units is a rough ride. The reviews of Dragalia mentioned this, as it's way more stingy than previous Nintendo mobile games.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I need that CG Charlotte in my life now. I did recently pull a CG Lasswell, so I need to run them together. I'm on the Charlotte / Lasswell ship team. Charwell? Lasslotte?

I'm not even ashamed of it. Come at me, nerds.

Zomro on
    CG Charlotte TMR info. No skill set till maint.

TM: [Helm] +200 HP, +50 MP, +25 DEF, +50 SPR, +10% HP/MP
    STMR: [Heavy Shield] +68 DEF, +118 SPR, +20% HP/SPR & +50% Ice/Light Resist
    LB: Magic Cover & Mitigation

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    a
    CG Folka does have the advantage of thousands of tiny water friends:

So your saying shes always wet?

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm just stoked we got a female CG unit where the CG animation isn't just "Look at those bewbs!" I mean, CG Folka isn't as bad as some others, but this one's just badass.

Yeah, I love the casual stroll out the doors before she executes an absolutely epic maneuver.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Holy shit this step up:

Step 1: 5,000 Lapis, 10+1 - 10% Trust Moogle
    Step 2: 5,000 Lapis, 10+1 - 1.5x 5★ Rates
    Step 3: 5,000 Lapis, 10+1 - Guaranteed 5★
    Step 4: 5,000 Lapis, 10+1 - Guaranteed フリーゼ & 2x 5★ Rates
    Step 5: 5,000 Lapis, 10+1 - Guaranteed 5★ CG Charlotte & 3x 5★ Rates

Can't wait to get none of that.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Holy shit this step up:

Thats actually not bad for a step-up. a Guaranteed main Banner unit? no fillers like Awakened Rain was for Hyoh to poison the well? I mean if you really want a CG Charlotte its not bad at all.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    azith28 wrote: »
    Holy shit this step up:

Thats actually not bad for a step-up. a Guaranteed main Banner unit? no fillers like Awakened Rain was for Hyoh to poison the well? I mean if you really want a CG Charlotte its not bad at all.

I'm saying it's amazing. 1.5/2/3x rates? Good lord.

Holy shit this step up:

I'm saying it's amazing. 1.5/2/3x rates? Good lord.

Are you being sarcastic? Sincere? I can't tell.

Sincere?

We got, what, 1.5x rates in like step 4/5 of the Sephiroth banner?

That's 4.5/6/9% rainbow chance and then you get two guaranteed rainbows.

How is that not awesome?

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Holy shit this step up:

Hoard4Charlotte begins now.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    We got a 10% Rainbow ticket on step 4 before. The only thing added was the 3X rate on the final step. Which just means I'll get an extra gold.

edited October 2018
    Did we get 3x? I don't remember.

Edit: This was our Sephiroth banner:

Step 1 : a 10% Trust Moogle
    Step 2 : a guaranteed Silt
    Step 3 : a guaranteed random rainbow
    Step 4 : a 10% 5☆ ticket.
    Step 5 : a guaranteed Sephiroth OR Lila (random)

Magus` on
    edited October 2018
    Sincere?

How is that not awesome?

Oh my god, enough with your mind games! I don't even know anymore!

Holy shit this step up:

No, but seriously, I think this is what was causing the confusion.

TeaSpoon on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

I had a run where I had 2 sets of 3 bonus sprouts with 5 bonus units and just got so many thingies.

I got all the Cactuars!

Sincere?

How is that not awesome?

Oh my god, enough with your mind games! I don't even know anymore!

Holy shit this step up:

No, but seriously, I think this is what was causing the confusion.

As in GL will have no rate ups.

This discussion has been closed.