As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anachronism Events

neoclownneoclown Registered User new member
I was perusing the schedule for this year (2018) when I saw two Anachronism events. This is one of my favorite dead ccgs and I knew immediately that I wanted to play at PAX. But is there any more information about it somewhere? It says registration is on Saturday, but the event is on Friday. Also, I believe it's been 10+ years since there were organized tournaments for the game, so what are the rules? How many decks? Etc?

Then again, maybe I'm just missing something and there is more information somewhere? I also posted some questions on the app itself.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It may have updated since you made this post, but the schedule is listing http://unplugged.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/anachronism as having signups the day of in the classic cardboard area (should be marked on the map, when the map is ready). I don't believe there is more information about this available at this time, but it may be forthcoming by knowledgeable folks before the show. If not, I would head over there on Friday of the show and ask in person :)

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    I believe that materials will be provided for the players. As it is a dead CCG, Classic Cardboard isn't expecting folks to bring their own decks. Just offering chance to relive the past a bit.

• Options
    dragnstephdragnsteph Roseville, MNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Anachronism is a sealed event, all materials will be provided. Since it's a dead CCG, we want to make sure it's an even playing field! Just bring yourself.

Characters will be handed out at random. As for tournament rules, we're using the official rules straight from the rulebook.

The "Disc" Wars 3-day event is similarly structured, with materials provided.

Thanks for being excited about Classic Cardboard, we're looking forward to the show!

dragnsteph on
    gwujebxtbbky.png
  • Options
    neoclownneoclown Registered User new member
    dragnsteph wrote: »
    Anachronism is a sealed event, all materials will be provided. Since it's a dead CCG, we want to make sure it's an even playing field! Just bring yourself.

Characters will be handed out at random. As for tournament rules, we're using the official rules straight from the rulebook.

Oh wow, okay. This is good to know. And here I was getting cards ready. I guess I'll just put them back in the box for the next ten years :P

• Options
    dragnstephdragnsteph Roseville, MNRegistered User regular
    We didn't want to penalize people who haven't saved cards for the last decade and just want to learn the game :) Look at it as an opportunity for converts! Hope to see you there.

gwujebxtbbky.png