As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Childish Gambito

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Childish Gambito

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    If you drop 100, your cat lives forever.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    If you drop 100, your cat lives forever.

BRB dropping some motes.

steam_sig.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Sometimes I feel really out of touch when I read PA these days. I have no idea what game this is about.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel really out of touch when I read PA these days. I have no idea what game this is about.

Gambit mode and motes sounds like a bunch of bullshit, so I'm gonna say Destiny 2.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Never played Destiny but I felt this way when lvl 39 mate owned my lvl 60 rogue in vanilla WoW because I never group raided and tried to get shit I could solo for but took forever

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    That's a 50 DKP minus.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Have you ever played horde mode in 'Gears of War'? Or 'horde mode' in any game since then? AFAIK (I could very well be wrong) Destiny 2's horde gambit mode is basically like that.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Have you ever played horde mode in 'Gears of War'? Or 'horde mode' in any game since then? AFAIK (I could very well be wrong) Destiny 2's horde gambit mode is basically like that.

Descriptions make it sound more like a MOBA/FPS hybrid.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    They describe it in the news post. You kill enemies to get the motes they drop, then you bank the motes at a specific point. Bank enough motes and a boss spawns in, and then you kill the boss. There's another team in a separate arena doing the same thing as you, and you have to kill your boss before they kill theirs to win. If you bank enough motes at once, a tough enemy will be spawned at the enemy's bank that will prevent the enemy team from turning in motes until they kill it. There's a portal that activates at certain amounts of motes banked and on a timer during the boss phase that will take one player to the enemy team's arena and give them an overshield, and they can go kill members of the enemy team to hinder them.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am so disconnected from video games now that I honestly never know what the comic is even remotely about these days.

But I can still appreciate that sending a dog to hell is the worst.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I get "you collect things when you play good and drop them when you play bad. Playing bad is bad."

• Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    #notalldogsgotoheaven

is that meant?

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Johnny17 wrote: »
    #notalldogsgotoheaven

is that meant?

I love dogs but there are some asshole dogs out there. Just like people. Many learn from asshole people in fact. But a few are just born assholes

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • InteritusInteritus Registered User new member
    Is that a Burt Reynolds joke in there too? That's dark.

(Burt Reynolds voiced Charlie in All Dogs Go to Heaven)

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    @INTERITUS
    Wow I wasn't aware of that. It's funny that I didn't recognize him. I didn't recognize scott bakula in that cats don't dance movie either somehow. Usually I pick it up pretty quickly like whoopie goldberg and cheech? from the lion king.