As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I'm giving up on this conversation.

• lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Could someone set companion unit for a DW Light Veritas, so I can finally conquer Hasiko's trial?

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    CacheForCharlotte! I love tanks and female tanks in particular (Leona in League is one of my favorite characters).

Shame we're probably 7-8 months out from her I'd guess? Love that her CG LB just shows off her character and doesn't sexualize her.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    lodger wrote: »
    Could someone set companion unit for a DW Light Veritas, so I can finally conquer Hasiko's trial?

@lodger all set. Just shy of 1000 mag and a little over 600 atk.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Sarcasm on the internet is hard.

The original post was basically "Look at this (actually, really, no sarcasm) awesome new step-up that will be nerfed into oblivion for the Global release."

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Cruor wrote: »

The original post was basically "Look at this (actually, really, no sarcasm) awesome new step-up that will be nerfed into oblivion for the Global release."

It's also a testament to what we've allowed ourselves to become accustomed to, however, in that 4.5/6/9% rates are lauded as awesome.....

:P

Edit: Just to pull the other one.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Well, I for one, won't be looking forward to it cuz I have 3 tanks in the wheelhouse that are 7* (Mramza, Moustachelm, A. Rain) with 6* basch. While her kit probably will be amazing, I don't need another tank to play around with.

I'm sitting on 13k lapis so I'm not sure if I'll be up to 25k for a full lap as it is. So I am not to bothered if I miss out on that one. This banner I've declined to go in on other than the few tickets I've gained so I haven't seen the new hotness. I'm actually comfortable with that. I have enough troops to do all the fun stuff with so my urge to splurge hasn't popped up. The only thing I've done is purchase bundles that usually cost 12 or less dollars just for resources.

I did down most of the espers now so I'm left with just Alexander and Bahamat, though I'm still not sure if I'll spend time on Bahamat. He looks like a pain to even get to.

After that I'm back to story content and trials. I swear I'm gonna get started on Robot Mc Punchy-Arm someday.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »

It's also a testament to what we've allowed ourselves to become accustomed to, however, in that 4.5/6/9% rates are lauded as awesome.....

:P

Edit: Just to pull the other one.

It's also guaranteed to get her.

So plan on them splitting the banner with another character.

Maybe that's when we finally get Gabranth? :rotate:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Done summoning in the morning. I've had crappy luck with single summons for most of 2018. Grabbed the 10 summer tickets from MK yesterday. Used 5 this morning, got nothing but crap, Anlzem, Russel, Cyan, etc. Summon the other 5 here tonight, got a 2nd Nyx! (hello LB hijinx), and even the 3*'s were decent, Celes, Xiao, and some others.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    So if we're not getting CG Citra until next Friday, what's coming this week? A 2nd round of community characters? Some rerun?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    We have a raid and MK event right now, so I'd imagine Citra is coming this week. Unless they spring another back to back raid or GL exclusive event like the summer beach one.

Early Randi! Do it Gumi, I dare ya.

Was it a raid? They are a bit tiresome but I can always use more cactuars and gil with the 7* meta ha. I hope they don't though, while I've made good progress getting back to 14K lapis, it's not the 25k I'd need, and I have only the tickets from the MK event.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    The only reason I say the 19th for Citra is that's when the 2nd UOC ticket is scheduled for this month. We got 1 in the Hyoh event, but who knows with Gimu.

Closing on 50k lapis after the recent months of pulling. I wonder if any step ups will happen for Halloween.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I hope they do at least an 11k step up. One reason I hope Randi is delayed till November, it'll give me a chance to see how D. Rain turns out.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Was it a raid? They are a bit tiresome but I can always use more cactuars and gil with the 7* meta ha. I hope they don't though, while I've made good progress getting back to 14K lapis, it's not the 25k I'd need, and I have only the tickets from the MK event.

Yeah SoM#2 was a raid. Honestly round 2 of community characters would make sense, they could even make that a raid event as well. I'll take all the cactuars I can get. Back up to almost 15 maxed kings after maxing out my M.Ramza, and I haven't bought any of the kings from the MK shop yet.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I do hope there's a step up for Halloween, and for any and all holiday / limited units. If you want people to pull for potentially two 5* to get a 7* then there's needs to be an incentive to pull. Step ups should potentially be a thing all the time, but if a unit is in the regular summon pool (thus also in the UoC pool), then it's not as necessary. But limited units need step ups.

Yeah SoM#2 was a raid. Honestly round 2 of community characters would make sense, they could even make that a raid event as well. I'll take all the cactuars I can get. Back up to almost 15 maxed kings after maxing out my M.Ramza, and I haven't bought any of the kings from the MK shop yet.

Not sure what's worse, SOM #2 for Randi or getting the 2nd community event with that Tonberry character lol.

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Limited banners should have no off-banner rainbows. Simple as that.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Had my daughter pull a few EX tickets (all blue) and a 5+1 ticket that came down rainbow... Ace #3. Hmmm...

• lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    lodger wrote: »

@lodger all set. Just shy of 1000 mag and a little over 600 atk.

@Trajan45

All missions completed. Many thanks!

lodger on
    Annnnnnnnnnd the robot trial is down, finally, with all cheevos. Ended up going Hyoh, friend Hyoh for damage, rem for auto revive, cgnichol for mp regen and buffs/bushido, a rain for magic cover and hp mp refill, and Willhelm.

Now to move on to the next trial.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    edited October 2018
    Item world returns. Daggers again, staves, then axes and hammers. Relaxing week for item world.

Edit: fixed.

Shadowfire on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    so I have 2 staves to do, maybe 2 axes worth doing? then just more daggas?

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure "Hyoh" is my trigger word at this point.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Yeesh didn't we JUST have item world?

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2018
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Item world returns. Daggers again, staves again, then axes and maces. Relaxing week for item world.

Staves should be the first time run and it's Hammers.

Looks like a time to use all the pots I saved up. A couple staves/hammers to get HP on, then grind on them daggers again hoping for high tide. I'll probably shoot for HP/SPR for Sledgehammer since M.Ramza is the only tank I have that can use hammers.
    tsmvengy wrote: »

We have them every month I think. Just like all other events.

Trajan45 on
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Item world returns. Daggers again, staves again, then axes and maces. Relaxing week for item world.

Staves should be the first time run and it's Hammers.

Looks like a time to use all the pots I saved up. A couple staves/hammers to get HP on, then grind on them daggers again hoping for high tide. I'll probably shoot for HP/SPR for Sledgehammer since M.Ramza is the only tank I have that can use hammers.

We have them every month I think. Just like all other events.

Right but I think if it's this week it will have been 3 weeks since the start of the last one (2 weeks since the end).

Anyway, I guess I should do Sheratan. Too bad I can only use 1 7* TT....

steam_sig.png
    I guess I should do Vindematrix...

I really hope 7* Barb gets a CW skill. T.Terra needs more partners not named T.Terra.

Sheratan should be pretty easy now. I was able to OTKO the 2nd phase way back. Attack and Mag stats are close to double what I had. Also way more tornado chainers.

Hmm, I still don't use axes so I'll probably skip that weapon. I've got two good high tide daggers so I may just rerun Rem's daggers thru for a third high tide option. I have a couple of hammers I'll see about and then staves, those I need to look into. I think I skipped most of those last time since I was running so many daggers.

76561197990097905.png
    My list for things to do this itemworld is pretty long, actually:

Staves: Holy Wand, Magi Staff, Clown Staff for HP
    Hammers: Sledgehammer, Mighty Hammer
    Axes: Gigantaxe, Moon Axe, Uldhifn (or whatever the 2H axe from FFXI event was called) Axe
    Daggers: Assassin's Dagger, try to get High Tide on some Bowie Knives.

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    I think this is the 4th? raid orb event in a row? That's like 7 weeks or 8 after this one? I get it they're probably clearing the schedule for halloween/story but how about a break :P Wonder if halloween will be a raid too.

Feel like we should have had an update video by now.

ffbe ign: Kas
    edited October 2018
    My list for things to do this itemworld is pretty long, actually:

Staves: Holy Wand, Magi Staff, Clown Staff for HP
    Hammers: Sledgehammer, Mighty Hammer
    Axes: Gigantaxe, Moon Axe, Uldhifn (or whatever the 2H axe from FFXI event was called) Axe
    Daggers: Assassin's Dagger, try to get High Tide on some Bowie Knives.

Pretty similar list, though I'll probably skip Magi Staff and put in Staff of Osiris (innate 10% HP and only 2 less SPR) and maybe Arc Arcana (2 less SPR than Magi but useful for elemental missions). Elven Staff is another option with 10% HP vs clown staff.

Probably do Frying Pan over Mighty Hammer, but we'll see. Not sure I'll get to Gigantaxe (or even Frying Pan). Hammers and Axes are pretty rare on support units. CG Lid could use one but generally I'd rather use Override for the LB boost.

EDIT: With my shit luck on the last 2 IW's, I gotta be realistic about which items I want to try for. Generally I'll be using 2 staves at most (Healer/M.Tank), hammers/axes just aren't used much, so Sledge is my main priority for Merc Ramza, the rest will be 1 run through probably. HT on my bowie knives are my 3rd priority, I didn't get a single one the first time through. So Holy Wand/SoO with HP/MP/SPR, Sledge with HP/SPR, then bowie knives.

Unless GUMI buffs FV's 7*, I'm not pulling for CG Ignacio, so axe's may get the back seat.

Trajan45 on
    I'll probably skip frying pan. I want to do both Sledgehammer and Mighty Hammer since it'll give me options for whether or not I want an elemental weapon on my tank. My M.Ramza really wants that sweet sweet enhanced Sledgehammer.

I really hope 7* Barb gets a CW skill. T.Terra needs more partners not named T.Terra.

Sheratan should be pretty easy now. I was able to OTKO the 2nd phase way back. Attack and Mag stats are close to double what I had. Also way more tornado chainers.

Sure but the only Tornado chainers I have are Lexa and Shantotto.

steam_sig.png
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular

I did Sheratan with double Lexa - Lexa+Shantotto should be doable for sure.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    Griswold wrote: »

Uhh, I thought you couldn't bring a dupe unit.

steam_sig.png
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular

Herp derp, I'm dumb. Lexa + 6* Dark Fina I think?

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873

You can't bring dupes. Lexa + Shantotto should be fine. Also, a single TTerra should be able to quad-cast the second phase down with some fire imperil support. Just keep an imperiler/AoE SPR breaker in reserve with TTerra and after the phase shift swap them in and blow it up.

This discussion has been closed.