As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    quietjayquietjay Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    So I heard we're getting some free stuff on the 10th. Perhaps a mansion to everyone who owns Summerset.

I think they got the 100% of participants on the explore Summerset challenge.

Yes, if you buy summerset and login before October 7th, 8pm EDT you will get a psijic pet, mount, and Villa.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

Become a Star Citizen
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    so uh, it looks like someone just up and cleared out the PAX Arcadia guild bank?

i've been super busy lately, but I'll investigate to see who was responsible so I can boot 'em from the guild. Not Cool Dude.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ugh. People.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So does that mean someone emptied it and left the guild?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    So does that mean someone emptied it and left the guild?

More than likely. I should probably contact @Corehealer ; they were the last person who left the guild, but I can't imagine them doing something like this. Compromised account, maybe?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'm enjoying my Villa; bought about 80k gold worth of items and was only able to decorate my bedroom and the room adjacent.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well, I'm glad I don't have permission to Withdraw or Deposit in the Pax Arcadia guild.

Send a support ticket to see if they can find out what happened to all the stuff?

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I went into the villa to strip it of everything that was in the non-furnished preview to use in other houses.

Only to discover that every single item had been stripped out of it, including the trees, rocks, and wall torches that usually come free with houses you buy.

This annoys me. I had plans for those trees.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Sigh.

Looks like what happened is that Corehealer assumed that no one was left in the guild or using the guild bank, so they just cleaned it out and sold all the stuff. I'm actually pretty upset about this on principle. If they'd just *asked me*, I probably would have said "Sure!" but since *they didn't ask* and they just *assumed* no one was in the guild... yeah. I'm glad I never invited them to Ash Housewares.

In any case, while we lost basically everything, that bank is safe to use. If anyone WANTS bank permissions, just let me know.

• Options
    Why would anyone assume that? The roster is right there. You can clearly see when people log in. Heck, I log in every single day.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Why would anyone assume that? The roster is right there. You can clearly see when people log in. Heck, I log in every single day.

That's what I told them when they kept being like "Well, I apologized. Well, I assumed that nobody else used the guild bank. Well, I'm the only one who ever used the guild bank, so, most of it was my stuff anyway." Dude, the roster is RIGHT THERE.

@Pixelated Pixie , they DID say that they would pay us back, but tbh I'm so mad I'm not sure I even want to talk to them. Care to name an amount of gold to ask that we can distribute among the members? Also, we might want to consider a big fat purge of anybody who hasn't been on in the past 12 months, just in case.

• Options
    I went in a bit ago and demoted everyone to recruit who hasn't logged in a year. I think recruits can't withdraw from the bank. Alternately, we could purge but I don't think that's really necessary.

I might even go back and do it for anyone out 6 months or more. If someone comes back, it's just a click away to promote them back to member, but this also protects the bank in case someone's old account gets compromised or something.

As for a gold value - I have no earthly idea. I've never been well involved in the economy side of the game to even know what all that stuff was worth. But really, I get it if you just want to wash your hands of it and not talk to them either.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Man, there's a lot good about the area, but physically navigating Vvardenfel and the number of mandatory-thief-skill quests are both infuriating.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Is there a free trial for this or something similar?

Need a new game to play. Would like to try this out first.

• Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Is there a free trial for this or something similar?

Need a new game to play. Would like to try this out first.

They do a crapload of free weekends. Just keep an eye out.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I saw the message notification in-game. What the heck about the guild bank!!

At least we know who did it. I didn't think Corehealer was a bad person, I have played games with him sometimes. Still sort of a misunderstanding but a greedy one. And yeah, you can see people in the roster and look at bank activity to see people still using it.

Why was all the activity deleted?

I've taken a couple things from time to time but try to be fair about exchanges, like take a recipe leave another. I liked that it was a sort of community bank for various stuff.

Is it too late for a support ticket on it? Don't they help when someone empties a bank and vanishes?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    "We are weird horses...you can hang out with us, if you prove you're weird enough."

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options

Why was all the activity deleted?

Seems to have been a glitch from Corehealer taking the stuff and then leaving. Like, the bank dialog only stores so many transactions, and then when someone leaves the guild, it deletes all their transactions for some reason (which imho is bad design -- how are guildmasters supposed to ID thieves & hacked accounts if the person up and vanishes??_)
    I've taken a couple things from time to time but try to be fair about exchanges, like take a recipe leave another. I liked that it was a sort of community bank for various stuff.

Yeah, exactly. It is back to being that though now that Pixie and I have demoted a bunch of people to recruit, and I might put up more solid rules about bank use, because yeah.

Corehealer is... going through some Stuff in their life right now too. I won't elaborate because it's up to them to come out and I'm not going to spill private stuff, but yeah. Stuff. And I suspect that a combination of "Stuff" plus "Simmering resentment toward PA as a whole if not this guild specifically" plus "desire to divorce self from PA community entirely" plus "just straight up not paying attention and being a dumbass" is what's behind this.
    Is it too late for a support ticket on it? Don't they help when someone empties a bank and vanishes?

Sigh. Tbh, I don't know, and I'm honestly a bit too tired to bother to go through with that. I think both Pixie and I are more of the opinion that this guild is *tiny*, most of what was in there was junk / community shared stuff, nothing of dire import, and it's probably better to just let it lie and just be more careful and specific. Basically, again, don't put anything in the guild bank that you won't miss.

• Options
    I've been playing ESO again, but I'm already on the downswing of my usual ESO cycle. I start leveling things, then I start looking at builds, and the absurdly specific metas for PvE and PvP put me off the whole thing. Same thing happens with GW2.

They're games where normal endgame group content is as rigid as, like, professional mythic raiders and M+ teams in WoW.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I've been playing ESO again, but I'm already on the downswing of my usual ESO cycle. I start leveling things, then I start looking at builds, and the absurdly specific metas for PvE and PvP put me off the whole thing. Same thing happens with GW2.

They're games where normal endgame group content is as rigid as, like, professional mythic raiders and M+ teams in WoW.

For ESO it's really not unless you're going after veteran trials (aka hard mode raids) or the latest DLC-only dungeon on veteran.

If you're doing DPS, you're usually fine if you can hit over 20k dps on almost all veteran dungeons and normal trials. An optimized build played well can hit over 50k dps, probably higher now since the CP cap goes up each DLC update. That's a lot of wiggle room.

Tank roles have a ton of flexibility and are the only real hybrid builds in PvE. A lot of dungeons are just easier on your fingers and head if you go DK to reposition mobs. That's more about quality of life than effectiveness.

Healer is the only place where things can get stricter due to the dumb way ZOS designed a lot of classes. Only a few have class based healing abilities and therefore outshine those that only can bring Restoration Staff skills to the table. I've done veteran dungeons with sorcerers healing and the like but they had a lot more trouble keeping up with all the movement I had to do to avoid red circles on the ground.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    There are definitely design problems contributing to it, like nothing being able to replace a templar healer's synergies or DK's positioning abilities, but it's more the way the community has taken those problems and run with them that bother me.

WoW forums and subreddits aren't littered with complaints from people getting vote-kicked before the first fight of a regular dungeon for not being a Death Knight tank or a Holy Paladin healer. They may struggling to find groups at the Mythic raiding/M+ dungeon level, but not before that.

The idea of the meta has a stranglehold on the way people play this game, in content way below the threshold where those meta differences become significant to outcomes. GW2 is the only other MMO I can think of that seems that dedicated to its meta.

Hell, I'm usually a meta player in games. I'm currently working on gearing my templar healer in her first set of CP160 gear, which is great because I like templar and I always heal. So it doesn't effect me much in that sense. But it makes me dread doing group content, because of what that slavish dedication to the meta says about the way the community engages group content.

I realize that I just need to find a guild that's on my page/force my friends back into the game again and quit thinking about 'the community'. It just irks me so I'm venting.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    While a lot of people talk a lot about the meta on forums and such, I don't think you should let it bother you until you are personally experiencing it. People say you get kicked if you are anything but a templar healer, but on my nightblade healer I've never been kicked so I don't worry about it. Perhaps things are overblown, or people who complain are just more vocal, but I don't think the meta is as ingrained in the community as it seems.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I've never had serious problems on my DK healer. If pugs even mention it its to chuckle at the build, which is fair.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    There are definitely design problems contributing to it, like nothing being able to replace a templar healer's synergies or DK's positioning abilities, but it's more the way the community has taken those problems and run with them that bother me.

WoW forums and subreddits aren't littered with complaints from people getting vote-kicked before the first fight of a regular dungeon for not being a Death Knight tank or a Holy Paladin healer. They may struggling to find groups at the Mythic raiding/M+ dungeon level, but not before that.

The idea of the meta has a stranglehold on the way people play this game, in content way below the threshold where those meta differences become significant to outcomes. GW2 is the only other MMO I can think of that seems that dedicated to its meta.

Hell, I'm usually a meta player in games. I'm currently working on gearing my templar healer in her first set of CP160 gear, which is great because I like templar and I always heal. So it doesn't effect me much in that sense. But it makes me dread doing group content, because of what that slavish dedication to the meta says about the way the community engages group content.

I realize that I just need to find a guild that's on my page/force my friends back into the game again and quit thinking about 'the community'. It just irks me so I'm venting.

I highly question how regular vote kicking non-ideal tanks and healers actually is unless something has drastically changed in the last few months since I stopped playing the game. There is such a shortage of tanks and healers queueing up for dungeons that I can't picture two dps players agreeing with a vote to kick another after they had to wait 20-30 minutes to get in. I have never seen a healer or tank get kicked out of a dungeon group in my years with the game, only some cases of leaving voluntarily because they were below CP160 and couldn't stay alive in a veteran dungeon.

I can see groups screening for builds for veteran trial runs but those are different from getting into an instance and then being kicked. Those are the game's equivalent of Mythic difficulty though, especially with some of the newer ones that offer hard modes on top of the base veteran trial difficulty.

Some PuG trial groups for non-vet runs might also do that but I don't know how many are willing to wait that long given there is no automatic raid finder and they risk people leaving during the wait. There are no PuG veteran trial runs because of the difficulty.

There is still a lot of focus on meta builds in online forums because in addition to the usual build anxiety (ESO pulled in a good number of people that never played an MMO before due to the Elder Scrolls connection) it's such a pain to bring secondary characters up to speed due to many PvE skills requiring grinding PvP ranks or finding Mage Guild books plus figuring out how to spend over 700 champion points is going to be overwhelming for the majority of players but the vast majority of pre-emptive vote kicking has far more to do with players being under a champion point threshold than exact build.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah the only time I was whispered to do a vote kick on someone was doing a veteran DLC dungeon (one of the earlier ones but still) and the guy was at like exactly 160 CP and it just wasn't gonna cut it. I still wasn't a huge fan of preemptive kicking but we just weren't gonna make it. I think we even gave it a shot and wiped quickly.

Most of the time any party changes that happen during a dungeon for me are when the group wipes once and someone leaves in a huff. It's always a reaction to a wipe, never really preemptive judging or even any discussion at all, nobody says a word during rando dungeons.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    There is still a lot of focus on meta builds in online forums because in addition to the usual build anxiety (ESO pulled in a good number of people that never played an MMO before due to the Elder Scrolls connection) it's such a pain to bring secondary characters up to speed due to many PvE skills requiring grinding PvP ranks or finding Mage Guild books plus figuring out how to spend over 700 champion points is going to be overwhelming for the majority of players but the vast majority of pre-emptive vote kicking has far more to do with players being under a champion point threshold than exact build.

This is the biggest thing that annoys me about this game, and something that I think contributes to the dearth of tanks and healers. Most regular open-world content needs at least a wee bit of DPS I tried going through as a pure healer / pure tank, and it's miserable, you just can't KILL things. But leveling other characters takes fucking forever, not because of leveling itself, but because of grinding PVP, finding MG books, and now doing the stupid Psijic Order crap. And then you have like... you just kinda passively level up the Fighter's Guild because you kill A LOT of Daedra and Undead just kinda by existing, but noooo, MG and PS need you to go on two godawful scavenger hunts. And then leveling itself takes forever, and if you want build flexibility you also gotta find an asston of skyshards, etc etc...

I would legit pay for full skill line unlocks at this point.

• Options

This is the biggest thing that annoys me about this game, and something that I think contributes to the dearth of tanks and healers. Most regular open-world content needs at least a wee bit of DPS I tried going through as a pure healer / pure tank, and it's miserable, you just can't KILL things. But leveling other characters takes fucking forever, not because of leveling itself, but because of grinding PVP, finding MG books, and now doing the stupid Psijic Order crap. And then you have like... you just kinda passively level up the Fighter's Guild because you kill A LOT of Daedra and Undead just kinda by existing, but noooo, MG and PS need you to go on two godawful scavenger hunts. And then leveling itself takes forever, and if you want build flexibility you also gotta find an asston of skyshards, etc etc...

I would legit pay for full skill line unlocks at this point.

Even just a way to save and switch CP specs on the fly would help by allowing players to swap between healing and dps optimized setups.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I suspect sooner rather than later classes are going to get a fourth tree that opens up healing and tanking builds to classes that are traditionally off meta.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    They mostly need to look at why things are meta, and make sure to balance other classes' abilities in those roles accordingly. Templar's aren't the meta healer because they have high heals per second, they're actually outclassed on that by some other classes.

Other healers need something that can compete with shards and cleanses. Other tanks need something that can compete with the positioning capacity of DK.

AFAIK Warden has enough tools and a unique buff to make it a decent alternative for either role, but nothing else is really there.

• Options
    They mostly need to look at why things are meta, and make sure to balance other classes' abilities in those roles accordingly. Templar's aren't the meta healer because they have high heals per second, they're actually outclassed on that by some other classes.

Other healers need something that can compete with shards and cleanses. Other tanks need something that can compete with the positioning capacity of DK.

AFAIK Warden has enough tools and a unique buff to make it a decent alternative for either role, but nothing else is really there.

So, for positioning, a morph of the Fighter's Guild skill Silver Bolt was recently changed to Silver Leash, which is a pull much like Fiery Grip.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Silver_Bolts

Furthermore, the Warden *already* had Gripping Shards, a morph of https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Impaling_Shards that does basically what Dark Talons does, and Frozen Device, which kinda is a cross between Firey Grip and Choking Talons.

So, honestly, that's not an excuse for people prioritizing DKs over Wardens anymore. Wardens have the *exact same access* to repositioning stuff as DKs, and the same amount of damage mitigation, group buffs, and such.

Unfortunately, on the healing end, Templar still outshines them because of Shards and Cleanses, and Templar isn't near as good at tanking. And then obviously NBs and Sorcs are just kinda left behind in "I guess we DPS???" land.

But tbqh I sometimes wonder if the whole idea of trying to divorce classes from roles was even a good idea in the first place. GW2 also tried it, and they're having the exact same problem, where everyone got stuck in a very particular meta because of very particular buffs, and even though there are now alternative setups that can do the other stuff as well or even better... everyone's so used to the old way that they're never gonna change.

• Options
    I mean their goal with classes worked in a general sense in that you can take a sorc healer or nb tank and clear reaaonably difficult content. Maybe youre not clearing the hardest vet trials or whatever but nothing survives contact with min maxing

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I mean their goal with classes worked in a general sense in that you can take a sorc healer or nb tank and clear reaaonably difficult content. Maybe youre not clearing the hardest vet trials or whatever but nothing survives contact with min maxing

And in ESO's defence, there's a nicer gradient of content between "lawl open world questing" and "WARRRGL HARDCOREZ" than GW2. In GW2, there's basically *no* way to ease into it (even the diff between T4 Fractals and Raids is... fucking huge), whilst in ESO there's a pretty logical progression from Norm Dungeon => Vet Base Game Dungeon => Norm Crag Trial => Norm DLC Trial => Vet Crag Trial => Vet DLC Trial

• Options
    edited November 2018
    For some reason I consistently get better damage from Swallow Soul than Concealed Weapon. I guess I weave better casting SS, unless there's something I'm missing that makes Concealed Weapon worse than it seems.

Kamar on
  • Options

And in ESO's defence, there's a nicer gradient of content between "lawl open world questing" and "WARRRGL HARDCOREZ" than GW2. In GW2, there's basically *no* way to ease into it (even the diff between T4 Fractals and Raids is... fucking huge), whilst in ESO there's a pretty logical progression from Norm Dungeon => Vet Base Game Dungeon => Norm Crag Trial => Norm DLC Trial => Vet Crag Trial => Vet DLC Trial

I think my biggest issue with GW2 became that I couldn't find content that was rewarding and relaxing at the same time after a while. It just wasn't a game to chill out during periods where I was sick and couldn't handle T4 fractals.

ESO has an issue where the overland stuff most players spend time with is in no way able to keep up with the ever increasing CP caps but at least I could play it and get new motifs and stuff during periods of asthma issues.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    I FINALLY GOT THE MURKMIRE DLC. NOW I CAN STOP WORRYING ABOUT LOGGING IN EVERY DAMN DAY ;-;

• Options
    I need three more days out of the four left to get it. I'm super paranoid I'll miss out.

• Options
    I need every remaining day or I miss it. Argh. I'm so bad at remembering to log every day.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~