As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    For whatever reason, the server refuses to show for me both in-game and the steam server list... I've ticked the 'show servers with mods' button, tried all the different combinations of pve/america/all... nothing seems to work.

Anyone else having trouble finding the server?

It's responding for me at the moment in the Steam server browser. It could have been a hiccup, or it could be something on your end.

No, i mean... i can't see it. at all. it refuses to show for me. I haven't been on it before, i thought i'd jump on and give it a try but no matter what i do (doing wide searches, searching for 'all' types of servers, focusing down to PvE/america only, ect. both in-game and through the Steam server menu) I Can't see it... google isn't being much help thus far... I guess i'll just keep trying or if i'm on at the same time as one of you i might be able to 'follow' you in from steam friends.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/39612378/#Comment_39612378

If that doesn't solve the missing server thing, then that means that the server is either A) down or B) needs an update. I'll restart it regardless here later today.

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    For whatever reason, the server refuses to show for me both in-game and the steam server list... I've ticked the 'show servers with mods' button, tried all the different combinations of pve/america/all... nothing seems to work.

Anyone else having trouble finding the server?

It's responding for me at the moment in the Steam server browser. It could have been a hiccup, or it could be something on your end.

No, i mean... i can't see it. at all. it refuses to show for me. I haven't been on it before, i thought i'd jump on and give it a try but no matter what i do (doing wide searches, searching for 'all' types of servers, focusing down to PvE/america only, ect. both in-game and through the Steam server menu) I Can't see it... google isn't being much help thus far... I guess i'll just keep trying or if i'm on at the same time as one of you i might be able to 'follow' you in from steam friends.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/39612378/#Comment_39612378

If that doesn't solve the missing server thing, then that means that the server is either A) down or B) needs an update. I'll restart it regardless here later today.

Yeah, that's what i was following... still doesn't seem to be showing for me. Google says it's apparently a 'known' issue of the server list 'capping out' and just not showing servers.

Either that or something else is somehow wrong on my end. I'll keep working it, hopefully i'll find a solution.

Edit: Tried again just now, still couldn't find it in the in-game server list or the steam server list... So i went looking for the ip and just tried to manually join it, which worked! so it looks like it might've been the server list bug.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    Anyone else playing? I hardly ever see anyone else on the server. Also, I was wondering if anyone else is getting a lot of lag on the server? My ping looks fine. Just started in the last couple of days or so.

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Anyone else playing? I hardly ever see anyone else on the server. Also, I was wondering if anyone else is getting a lot of lag on the server? My ping looks fine. Just started in the last couple of days or so.

Yeah, I've been playing! ...but probably at different times, being from the prison colony.

I've also been experiencing the lag for the past couple days, i assumed it was on my end, but before then it was smooth for me.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular

Well, there are issues from timezones and such, but I try to play every now and then. It's been busy lately.

• BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Any news on the server update?

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Did you guys see the new Greek themed set that they announced yesterday? It's pretty neat. Features a bunch of Aqualonian weapons, armor, and a new T3 building aesthetic that is basically white marble. Oh and a bunch of new placeables and RP items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK8GGR-D0oI

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Yup, I'm all over this one. Been playing the WOW Pre-Patch story, but I'll come back to CONAN for this stuff.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Try now, server just got the latest update.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Hi there, DS. Running CONAN for the first time in about a week, and the PA server is not showing up in the menu this morning. There might have been a patch yesterday.

I'm really liking the Aquilonian stuff. Very Greco-Roman, and I hope you like the color Blue. End game materials, of course. The look of the armor is top-notch.

I logged into my private server for the first time in a couple weeks. Not sure if it was something that a recent patch did, or what, but my base had random holes in it.

A list of the damages I found:
    1) My barracks had a corner missing. As in all the foundations, walls, and roof pieces in one corner of the building are just gone.
    2) The entire bridge I built that goes over a chasm outside my base is gone. The supports vanished, the bridge vanished, there's no trace of it.
    3) My fairly elaborate Mitra Temple was missing about 30% of the entire structure. It's just gone

So anyway, no idea what happened. My purge settings are set to only happen when 2 or more people are online. And that hasn't happened. Also, decay is completely turned off.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's weird.

My group has a base in the far north near one of the Obelisks, and occasionally I show up there to find random holes punched in it, but that's assumed to be star metal meteorites landing and then apparently disappearing (I've never farmed the stuff myself, only heard that it lasts for a while before going).

Given that I don't think anyone has logged in much over the last few days, perhaps longer, due to Dead by Daylight becoming the new obsession for a few, I wonder how much damage has been done...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Ok, sorry folks, was out of town for an extended bit. Everything is updated and back online.

Small patch out today:

We’re releasing a small hotfix for the PC version of Conan Exiles with some quick fixes for some high priority issues that needed taking care of after the most recent patch.

Changelog:
    Fixed an issue where debuff icons would cause huge amounts of lag
    You can now attach fence foundations to regular foundations again

I'm not fond of the way they are choosing to implement pets. The default setting is that pets will need to be fed, and they are retrofitting this to thralls too. So in the future, we will have to micro-manage the hunger meters of our dozens of willingly employed friends.

Hopefully that can be turned off, because that's an extra layer of tedium that I don't want to have to mess with. They say they're adding feeding troughs and food distribution objects that will blanket an area and provide a slow food trickle to the thralls/pets, which at least means you can do it on a macro level, but that doesn't necessarily help with one-offs and dudes you park in random places outside the sphere of influence of your placeable object.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that aspect isn't doing them an favours with my small team of 6 on a private server. Further compounded by most of them being caught up in Dead by Daylight for a few weeks now, and several (including me) logging in to find that they'd died and lost all of their stuff. Now, it's replaceable, sure, but some of it was harder to come by (rare drops from chests, stupidly sentimental 'this is something I crafted within a week or two of us starting months ago' kind of stuff, etc), and it's that much busywork to be seen as uninteresting to dive into just to start really playing again.

Yes, I'm sure that thirst and hunger while offline can be set to zero. We didn't really anticipate people being offline so long consecutively, that ship has sailed at least for the current snag.

While I do enjoy the game in general, the element of ones character and possessions being more of a 'pet' that can just up and die/disappear isn't super appealing based on our playstyle, and before anyone bothers mentioning it, I'm aware that this is a big part of the features selling the game to others. Why do you think we're on the aforementioned private server? :-P

Oh well, not even really venting, but thought I'd comment. Having to keep our own characters fed and alive is one thing. Doing in game 'chores' to collect fish and crustaceans for food and oil and restocking various settlements, fine. But more and more it's just feeling like busywork at this point. I'm sure there are still some major epic tales to tell, and I always love seeing what people have built, but I guess I'm just not feeling concerned about upkeep and whatnot these days either, even on a reduced needs server we control. Even little stuff like logging into Warframe every day for a little bonus is something that slips over enough weeks and months and years. "Don't be away for too long or your stuff goes away", meh.

Again, we can change it, but the setback as has already occurred isn't driving me to feel the need to pick it back up either.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    First four minutes of this video are probably a pretty accurate recreation of how feeding thralls is going to be handled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAtZtxA5Z9k

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    If anyone is still playing this game, they patched today.

Today's patch includes 2 new major features -- the Jhebbal Sag religion (which can be learned by clearing the new dungeon also introduced in the patch), and Thrall/Pet upkeep.

The patch also has a ton of bug fixes and a few QoL upgrades.

They also say that this patch is only part 1, and they will be rolling out part 2 hopefully next week. Part 2 will include beast taming and pets.

I still play, but on my private server. Don't mind the thrall feeding issue, and havn't tried the new dungeon yet. Looking forward to pets.

• BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    Just though I would share the bases we had on one of the official servers before I quit. Videos hitched a lot more when recording. I had spent a few hours searching for a good hidden location in the volcano and found one. We had also blocked off the obelisk enough that it could be sealed shut easily. This also shows the second base we had when we first started.

https://youtu.be/UbtCBGWm2ss

https://youtu.be/LfiV5Ko0R60

https://youtu.be/g8UHE1Xar_o

Did they ever make it so Bearer Thralls could carry more than 4 items?

Looks like they released the Pets update along with the 3rd cosmetic DLC. Hopefully they can get some of the new bugs worked out.

Oh nice. I'll have to fire that up and give it a look.

And I'm always interested in more cosmetic stuff. Those pet armors are pretty cool.

So I think everyone knows the server has been down for a while due to no one logging in... will this update warrant me spinning it back up?

I loaded up my singleplayer game last night, which is basically my sandbox dumping ground. I have no real progression there, I use cheats and admin console galore, and I basically just use it to dink around.

And I tested out the new Pet stuff last night. The in-game documentation isn't very helpful on how the pet taming and conversion process works. But they did post an official blog update that gave me enough detail to figure it out.

https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/weekly-community-newsletter-all-about-them-pets/

Step 1 is building a taming pen. There's 3 tiers: Iron, Steel, and Hardened Steel.
    Step 2 is get a pup/egg/baby animal. These are just looted from the world. Literally all you need to do on the pups and young is press the interact button on it and it will go in your inventory.
    Step 3 is put the pup and the appropriate food into the taming pen. Meat for carnivores, plant fiber for herbivores. Or you can cook better food for them to improve results of the taming process.

It sounds as if there are 3 tiers of pets: Normal, Good, and Greater versions. They say the better that you match the right foods to the animals, the higher the chance of getting a higher quality pet.

Taming is passive in the pens. Just put a pup and some food and the taming happens. There's no "start" button like there is on the Wheel of Pain.

Ok, so last week during the Funcoms developers stream, I won a key for the latest DLC (The Savage Frontier). Here is a link to the time in the video when I won. I already have the DLC so I am going to have a contest to give it away.

If you are interested in winning the key, the rules are below.

RULES:
    1. You must have posted in this forum thread sometime before today.
    2. You must message me with your steam name. (PC only, sorry console players).
    3. Even though this is a PVP server, do not PVP. This will disqualify you.
    4. I will send out server access information the morning of 21 Oct 2018.
    5. I will post a screen shot of a chest you must find.

WINNING:
    1. Find the correct chest with an outfit in it.
    2. Put on the outfit.
    3. Post a screen shot of your character wearing the outfit in this forum.

First person to post the screen shot wins the DLC key.

Extra Info:
    1. Server is not modded
    2. Settings are 2x XP and Harvest

edited November 2018
    Their halloween event is actually pretty neat. It didn't start until last night, and unfortunately I wasn't even able to get on and try it until like 11pm, and I was pretty tired by then so I didn't do more than look.

But it seems as if they invested a fair amount of time into it. I'm hoping that the event is longer than just a single night.

I did see a meteor drop while I was in game, but it appeared to have dropped a really far ways away, and I was too tired to trek half across the map and back to mine meteors that could drop nearly anything.

For those who don't follow the game much anymore, the halloween event has meteor showers that are loot-meteors. They can be filled with any kind of game resource. You might mine one and get Plant Fiber, or you might mine one and get Obsidian. It's totally random. It's a fun idea, however, and I'm hoping that it's still going tonight so I can mine a few meteors after work.

Things I noticed about the game world while I was on last night:
    -- Standard fires were all purple. This includes torches, the embers in fire pits and furnaces, and anywhere else that had normal orange fire was instead purple.
    -- The moon had a giant skull face
    -- It was permanently night out, but it wasn't super dark like normal nights. It was much more seeable, and you could navigate without a torch.
    -- Opening doors sometimes had a "bats flutter out" particle effect

Lucascraft on
    I cranked up the meteor rate on my server so they fall every 5 minutes. Been hording skeleton keys since I can't get them in normal solo play. I know I could spawn them in using admin controls, but I prefer to play as pure as possible.

It's nice the event will run through the weekend, and it looks like there was a patch this morning.

Oh, I didn't know you could crank the meteor rate. I will do that too.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    BitTWist wrote: »
    Been hording skeleton keys since I can't get them in normal solo play.

You can't? When did that change? I haven't played in probably two months now, but I definitely used to get keys in singleplayer. :/

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?

You can't? When did that change? I haven't played in probably two months now, but I definitely used to get keys in singleplayer. :/

They jacked the HP of bosses so high that they are almost impossible to solo unless you resort to exploiting the environment, which I refuse to do.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

They jacked the HP of bosses so high that they are almost impossible to solo unless you resort to exploiting the environment, which I refuse to do.

There's a mod for that.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Oh that. Yeah, I just have them modded to numbers more appropriate for a single-player game.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    There's a mod for that.

Though there are some really good quality of life mods, I prefer to run pure vanilla on my server. I just don't like dealing with mods when updates happen.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    There's a mod for that.

Though there are some really good quality of life mods, I prefer to run pure vanilla on my server. I just don't like dealing with mods when updates happen.

That's understandable. It's a huge pain when the game updates, but there are so many mods I just can't live without in these kinds of games.

• XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    Is the server down? Can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm rezzing an old issue?

steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
    XOCentric wrote: »

I don't believe there is an official Penny Arcade server anymore. Couple of us have private servers, but no single big group one.

XOCentric wrote: »

I don't believe there is an official Penny Arcade server anymore. Couple of us have private servers, but no single big group one.

I can always spin one back up but yeah it died off and no one connected for like 3 weeks so I shut it down. Is this a thing we want?