As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ASK ME NOT, WHIPPY: THE THREAD (General Comics Questions Thread)

1585960616264»

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    HIS "MUSTACHE TRAP!"--NEVER BEFORE SHOWN!

DMAC on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Somehow that list strikes me as "Has more knowledge of the workings of the universe" than an actual intelligence test. The Phantom Stranger has never struck me as a genius type.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ringo wrote: »
    Somehow that list strikes me as "Has more knowledge of the workings of the universe" than an actual intelligence test. The Phantom Stranger has never struck me as a genius type.

Well, his full title is Dr. Phantom Stranger.

august on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If you know an answer, it doesn't much matter if you inherently know it or have to work it through math.

Although, even if the Monitor scored that high, there's no way Bob the Modern Monitor could be considered smarter than even Batman I'd think.

Scooter on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So the general consensus is that DC doesn't really state it like they do at Marvel?

smokmnky on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    So the general consensus is that DC doesn't really state it like they do at Marvel?

Right. Makes for good debate though.

Just remember that the DC Roleplaying game was made in 1986. CoIE was big then, so obviously choices like the Monitors and Pariah would be on there, whereas today they probably wouldn't be mentioned in a discussion.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »

Just to be snarky 'cause I'm bored, is there some kind of consensus other than "general"?

I hate that expression...it's like saying "irregardless" or Kyle signing his posts...just ridiculous.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2008
    New thread up here

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.