As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Devil May Cry 5 Announced: MY GRANDFATHER IS TOO POWERFUL

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    This fucking game man

They already announced enough weapons for Dante that, if that was all, I'd probably be satisfied. But here's Cerberus that can switch between 3 modes. So sick.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Listen, you can't stop a wizard from wearing sandals without ranking SS or above.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Given how popular Pandora was, I'm wondering if Kalina Ann II is going to have a bunch of extra guns or weapons jury rigged to it. Or if the "crazy" firearm will be something else entirely.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Shove Yamato into it.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Given how popular Pandora was, I'm wondering if Kalina Ann II is going to have a bunch of extra guns or weapons jury rigged to it. Or if the "crazy" firearm will be something else entirely.

While I'm all about that swiss army rocket launcher life, I'd like to avoid having to deal with anything as clunky as Pandora ever again. I like that weapon on paper but in action? Ehhhhhh

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

While I'm all about that swiss army rocket launcher life, I'd like to avoid having to deal with anything as clunky as Pandora ever again. I like that weapon on paper but in action? Ehhhhhh

After Lady in 4's Special Edition I'm completely confident that the ranged weapons in V will feel fucking amazing to use.

• Options
    Even pistol impacts have been upped by about 300% in impact and force. They're positively chunky.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Shove Nevan into it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    https://youtu.be/aNd53fUZlYo

The (kinda crappy) footage of the NYCC panel is up. Kalina Ann 2 is confirmed!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Man, I was just smiling through that whole video.

That's gonna be a good-ass game.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Like the new take on the Cerberus.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Cerberus can't possibly have its entire moveset from 3, with the addition of two more modes could it?

That would be like, 3 entire weapons in one.

Maybe they'll take some of its moves split them between the three modes or something.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    This game has a motorbike that turns into two chainsaw-swords.

You can't tell it what to do.

Nobody can!

Honestly, I hope that it gets a largely new moveset, I don't really want the melee weapons to be pure repeats of ones that already existed in previous games.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Rebellion is gonna be the same, because fans would riot if that moveset was changed.

• Options
    Rebellion is gonna be the same, because fans would riot if that moveset was changed.

There are some minor grumblings that Rebellion acts more like the DMC 4 version which I definitely understand. Crazy Combos let the devs stick slow but powerful moves in there without them cluttering up the primary combos. That way if you had the opening you could mash out the big hit instead of having to think about dropping a combo to avoid a slow move you don't want coming out.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    In case anyone didn't know, the Style Switcher mod got ported to the DMC HD collection and is being actively developed with an expanded scope.

Reddit Thread for the last release: https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/9bzrjg/ddmk_09/
    The mod author's list of stuff they want to do: https://github.com/serpentiem/ddmk/issues/1
    Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2k1s5z33s1b1lc/ddmk_0.9_hotfix.zip?dl=1

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    In case anyone didn't know, the Style Switcher mod got ported to the DMC HD collection and is being actively developed with an expanded scope.

Reddit Thread for the last release: https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/9bzrjg/ddmk_09/
    The mod author's list of stuff they want to do: https://github.com/serpentiem/ddmk/issues/1
    Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2k1s5z33s1b1lc/ddmk_0.9_hotfix.zip?dl=1

Nice, now I can put the original DMC3 port in the garbage where it belongs.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I'm playing DMC4 special edition and after hundreds of hours of Bayonetta it was an adjustment to get used to DMC combat. The game is actually a lot of fun and I'm surprised that I never played it till now. But, is it me or is this game really easy compared to DMC3? I remember DMC3 being so hard that the first mid-boss, 10 minutes into the game, was a fucking wall and a half.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    But, is it me or is this game really easy compared to DMC3? I remember DMC3 being so hard that the first mid-boss, 10 minutes into the game, was a fucking wall and a half.

If you played DMC3 on a USA PS2 copy, then it really was that hard. 'Normal' on that version is the same as 'Hard' on the original and EU versions.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Also, are you playing as Nero or Dante? Nero is intentionally designed to be an easier character to get the hang of. He doesn't have a lot of moves but he does hit like a fucking truck. Especially once you rebind shoot to one of the triggers so that you can be constantly charging his Blue Rose revolver (which you should absolutely get used to with him because that same trick works in DMC 5 and lets you do some really silly shit in that game too).

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Also, are you playing as Nero or Dante? Nero is intentionally designed to be an easier character to get the hang of. He doesn't have a lot of moves but he does hit like a fucking truck. Especially once you rebind shoot to one of the triggers so that you can be constantly charging his Blue Rose revolver (which you should absolutely get used to with him because that same trick works in DMC 5 and lets you do some really silly shit in that game too).

I'm playing Nero. I didn't know you can switch to Dante.

Also, what is this charging blue rose revolver trick?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The game switches over to Dante about halfway through.

One of the moves you can buy for Nero is Charge Shot. Level 3 charge shot is really strong, but requires you to hold the shoot button for a while.

It's possible to hold shoot and do melee attacks with the default controls, but it's far easier if you change shoot to one of the shoulder buttons.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I'm playing Nero. I didn't know you can switch to Dante.

Also, what is this charging blue rose revolver trick?

You'll play as Dante later on.

Just hold down the shoot button and you'll see Nero's revolver start to charge up. While it's charging you can do sword and Devil Bringer moves and then release the shoot button whenever you feel like it. Nero's level 3 charge is a massively important aspect to his gameplay because it does a fuckload of damage, interrupts a lot of shit, and builds a lot of combo meter so the sooner you get used to charge holding the better. It's a little easier in DMC 5 because charging Nero's revolver gives you three big shots to use before you have to charge again but the rule stays basically the same. ABC Always Be Charging.

Dante can also take advantage of charge holding in DMC 3 and 4 to boost his gun damage.

EDIT: Someone did a Tool Assisted Speedrun of Devil May Cry 3 and it's massively entertaining seeing the game get pushed like this. They even took the extra time to S rank every mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqB3Gr9KWt4

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018

The NYCC DMC 5 panel is going to be going up on the official DMC Youtube channel in not-potato quality tomorrow!

EDIT: It's up
    https://youtu.be/6BRHgdQNNPg

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    You can see goddamn sonic booms coming off of Sparda's million stab.

Those gun impacts are so crunchy its amazing.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Casey Edwards popped into the DMC Subreddit to say hi and while we didn't get any super important information out of it, it was interesting to hear that they've been sitting on Devil Trigger for two years.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just gonna leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gauWIdrXD6k

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Why does Nero get a Stand for his DT rather than a complete transformation like the other guys?

• Options
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Why does Nero get a Stand for his DT rather than a complete transformation like the other guys?

Not enough devil blood? Or it just hasn't grown strong enough to transform him maybe, so he gets the echo of his dead ghost dad haunting his arm instead.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

My theory is, he ain't been killed yet. I think Rebellion has a part of Dante's soul in it, turning it into a Devil Arm and leaving a little part of him empty, allowing it to be occupied by whatever weapon he wields as a Devil Trigger. Same happens off screen with Vergil and Yamato.

Nero's Devil Bringer arm is something else, I think it's related to Nelo Angelo from DMC1, Dante kills it and Vergil's soul is freed, and it goes infects Nero, his son, as a compatible host. Then when Nero is in danger of death, the Devil Bringer grabs Yamato and uses the lil combined remnants of Vergil's soul to create a Devil Trigger for Nero. But it's all still external to him, he hasn't had his awakening scene yet. I bet it'll happen if he ever gets run through with Red Queen.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Nero has an aspect of his Devil nature as a dominant trait in his resting state. His Devil Trigger is he is able to express the Demonic Nature of a Devil Focus as his power. He is already triggered. His boost is he can draw out the spirit of the focus he has obtained. In DMC4's case its Yamoto. POWER....GIVE ME...MORE POWER!!!!!

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9-27I1Gj_s

I was way, way too sober to be appearing in an interview clip for official DMC 5 promo material >_>

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Do we know how the multi characters work?

Like do you play specific characters for specific chapters or do you choose who you play?

• Options
    Some levels will be locked to one character, others will have a character select. If I were to guess, I would say there will be levels built around multiplayer, as well as Bloody Palace.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Some levels will be locked to one character, others will have a character select. If I were to guess, I would say there will be levels built around multiplayer, as well as Bloody Palace.

Oh that's cool!

I like that. Reason to play around with each character but I can still have a favorite and play them on the choice levels to get more time with whoever that choice may be.

• Options
    This has got me sooo hyped. The potential! The glorious combo potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vveeB7Hxu8

• Options
    edited November 2018
    In case you aren't a streaming thread lurker:
    https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/11/16/devil-may-cry-series-joins-castlevania-in-new-multiverse-from-adi-shankar
    IGN can confirm that an animated-series adaptation of Capcom's popular video game franchise, Devil May Cry, is in the works. The series will be developed by Castlevania executive producer Adi Shankar.

Shankar, in an exclusive interview with IGN's Jacki Jing, also revealed that his Devil May Cry series “will join Castlevania in what we’re now calling the bootleg multiverse.”

While Shankar didn't give us any specifics in terms of what this all means for the series' overall story, he did inform us that he "acquired these (Devil May Cry) rights myself so the jabronis in Hollywood don’t f*** this one up too." Shankar's financial investment should allow him more creative freedom, as he begins to build this wildly ambitious multiverse of his.

Shankar attributes the Devil May Cry series announcement to the success Castlevania, which he says, "really over-performed. It did crazy well. We immediately got greenlit for Season 3.” Thanking the fans who made this all possible, Shankar said, “I wouldn’t have a job if it wasn’t for the fans."

Shankar's Castlevania series on Netflix has been widely praised. We say "it's one of the best video game adaptations ever," with Season 2 offering a "deep roster of heroes and villains" in our review.

Currently, there is no information on which network/streaming service Devil May Cry will air on. Until then, be sure to find out how we think the Devil May Cry/Castlevania TV series multiverse could work.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Three seasons of Dante road tripping across America in search of the perfect Pizza.