As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Ugh I am in the worst TMR holding pattern.

Everyone and their grandma has a Flaming Blade Agni and fire chains.

I have literally every single 4* but that one and my Rain sword is on Awakend Rain with ALL the HP.

Emperor Sheera isn’t a 7* yet.

Could get the Saw. But why get the Saw when I could get Lionheart or Omega Weapon from characters I don’t have!

Or Tonitrus for Lightning chains but no one Lightning chains.

And my poor Hyou only has like 1800 attack and I still need a Dech earring oh noooo

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I have literally every single 4* but that one and my Rain sword is on Awakend Rain with ALL the HP.

Could get the Saw. But why get the Saw when I could get Lionheart or Omega Weapon from characters I don’t have!

And my poor Hyou only has like 1800 attack and I still need a Dech earring oh noooo

Worst Hyoh-daddy ever.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

I can set up a lightning Hyoh if you want

Edit: what I mean to say is I can switch to sharing lightning by default

maraji on
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Free summons continue to be junk, but i'll take them.

Actually having the best luck with the Ad Spins in this game. Gotten at least 3 "100 lapis" prizes this week. Makes me even more angry we had 4 stupid 11 pulls rather than a month of much more exciting raffle ranges. Ah well.

I seem to get the Spirit Burn much higher than 15%, its killing my enthusiasm for fight. Its just such an RNG Fest, I think I hate it more than the fallen ice bird.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Papagander wrote: »
    I seem to get the Spirit Burn much higher than 15%, its killing my enthusiasm for fight. Its just such an RNG Fest, I think I hate it more than the fallen ice bird.

Just have someone put up a friend unit like MS or Seaside Nichol, Ace, Ayaka/Fina, etc with stats to withstand the drain before breaks so you can get 80mp, break first turn then have it on easier mode. I could put one up a little later if you still need.

Speaking of Seaside Nichol, was thinking of using some fun units for Europa instead of Hyoh'ing it. Elementless Phys DPS is pretty good for it so figured maybe Viktor and Seaside Nichol. Think you could even fit in an ae finisher that way.

Actually, Malphasie's tornado skill has no innate element so she might be fun too since she can dark/wind when it makes sense and otherwise go without element.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
    Papagander wrote: »

Just have someone put up a friend unit like MS or Seaside Nichol, Ace, Ayaka/Fina, etc with stats to withstand the drain before breaks so you can get 80mp, break first turn then have it on easier mode. I could put one up a little later if you still need.

Speaking of Seaside Nichol, was thinking of using some fun units for Europa instead of Hyoh'ing it. Elementless Phys DPS is pretty good for it so figured maybe Viktor and Seaside Nichol. Think you could even fit in an ae finisher that way.
    Just did this with:
    100% draw attacks Snow
    7* Ramza for breaks
    MS Nichol with some def/spr
    CG Fina also with some def (not really needed, spent the whole fight using Sacred Burst)
    2x Lila with holy weapons

I can put up any of these if they would help

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I think this is the 4th? raid orb event in a row? That's like 7 weeks or 8 after this one? I get it they're probably clearing the schedule for halloween/story but how about a break :P Wonder if halloween will be a raid too.

Feel like we should have had an update video by now.

The update video should have been out yesterday if they followed the normal schedule; it's usually the 2nd Monday of the month, barring some big announcements (like 7*s made them do it the first week of August).
    I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty dead week though. I wouldn't be surprised if all we get in the news tomorrow/Thursday is Item World and maybe a MK re-run (since the Summer Stones mog king should end with this maintenance). I don't see us getting a new raid because this current raid goes right up to the Thursday; not ending early like the Deus Ex one did to let the raid orbs reset. Potentially a re-run or new version of Autumn Festival event, though that was technically in late September this year. Didn't really stop them with doing summer units right at the last second though.

Anyway, since it looks like this week might not be too exciting, I'm not surprised the video got pushed. Way easier to do it next week and hyping up Citra and her CG animations and only one being one more week away from Halloween, so they can take about the Halloween unit 7* forms and enhancements without it being half a month away.

Also we might get some neat features they'll want to talk about, since in JP, the Europa Reborn trial came out after one of the big app updates. I was wondering if that's why they postponed it, because something in that fight might be dependent on some of the new app features that came in that update. The big ones being: Detailed UI skill info, arena re-vamp with blank moogles, and the 400% passive increase.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Does the Arena revamp do anything to make the medals and tickets worth anything? I have a ton of medals and hundreds of arena tickets and I just do not use them as it's a huge chore to clear unit space for mini pots and regular metal cactuars.

Zomro on
    Zomro wrote: »
    Does the Arena revamp do anything to make the medals and tickets worth anything? I have a ton of medals and hundreds of arena tickets and I just do not use them as it's a huge chore to clear unit space for mini pots and regular metal cactuars.

This update had the medals board updated as:

Metal Cactuar -> Metal Gigantuar
    Metal Minituar -> King Metal Minituar
    X-Potion, Ether Turbo, Elixir -> (Random Color) Megacites
    Colorless Magicites/Shards -> Arena Tickets
    Magicites -> (Random Color) Megacites

Resulting in about 28 more arena tickets per full board. JP had two updates to the actual arena ticket pulls that we never got, so arena tickets aren't amazing but aren't terrible like GL ones are.

This also resulted in the arena monthly rewards ending, presumably to be replaced by the one week a month arena where the weekly rewards were boosted to the moon.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I really hope if they do update the arena, they make Moogle Containers a little more obtainable. I doubt they will, but it would be nice.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I hardly ever do arena but any change to something new is always good. I just wish they had supercites as a reward instead of megacites. With the new 3 star espers, megacites barely budge the exp bar once you start getting up past level 10.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    They should just let us spend arena medals to upgrade the awards a tier.

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    The change to arena was pure cancer in JP, in my opinion. Just a way to drain people's lapis and make them hate arena even more than it already is. Imagine, a reason to set your team to the most obnoxious one available and actually try to spam as many fights against hordes of Awakened Rains and 7-star CG Finas with huge HP pools that will never die, just for the *chance* to get a *container* moogle so you can turn the *generic TMR* moogle you have into a real one.

I have absolutely zero interest in doing that. And for what, a TMR that may be 5% better than what I have?

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    edited October 2018
    Rumble of Malboro downed. Two hyohs are a pretty good power creep. Still took till turn 9 to finish since my hyoh is only 116 and only 1600 atk.

next up is Wicked Moon, excites!

Rainbow Edit: And a normal ticket got me a Circe. It's like an upgraded mystic sash, it seems.

Second Joyous edit: Wicked Moon down, thanks to lexa, dark fina, rinoa, and friend ttera.
    I feel pretty good on that on.

Now to prepare for that silly bird. After I get some sleep and get thru work!

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    Finally got the Raid bonus boss down. I still got Spirit Burn every other round, but taking Ace, Ayakka, MS Nichol, and Lid I was finally able to get something going. At one point I had three people beserked. I mentally farted halfway through and used a Limit Burst, but the raid coins can go straight to hell. Not doing that fight again.

I was considered using some half price daily pulls or tickets on Malph or Circe, but as much as they sound cool I am just going to continue to hoard for FFT and SoM/Xenogears.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Citra on Friday.

TeaSpoon on
    She's a neat unit but not really worth pulling for. Other summoners are just as or more useful when you need one.

Somewhat nearby Cg wise, sieg is better if you need a tank and folka is better if you need a healer, and even not bad to have if you already have one.

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Spent some tickets. Got a malphasie.

Is this love? It feels like love.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    You guys weren't kidding when you said Malphasie was strong. Got one on my friends list with 1400 ATK and MAG and, wow, she does some damage.

She's a neat unit but not really worth pulling for. Other summoners are just as or more useful when you need one.

Somewhat nearby Cg wise, sieg is better if you need a tank and folka is better if you need a healer, and even not bad to have if you already have one.
    Yeah, her step-up shows they know people aren’t going to pull for her.

edited October 2018
    It doesn't help she's the most annoying Veritas.

Edit: And summoning seems a bit odd for her character. They way they write her and the fact her armor form literally has a Mega Man hand cannon, I totes would've expected a magical nuker. I guess CG Sakura is already that, but still. It would have made more sense for CG Sakura to be a summoner, with her building a city and proliferating knowledge and community.... yes, yes, I know. That's too much thought put into this game's story.

Papagander on
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Veritas of the Light is my favorite of the Veritas, but CG Citra is an easy pass. More resource hoarding! For... something else in the future! I don't know what's coming!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Citra is also a bit fan servicey for me.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Citra's a pretty good unit but not necessary. She apparently gets to be kind of insane once the CG units enhancements hit. Her W-ability becomes T-ability, her esper driven skills become much harder hitting, and she can apparently increase Bahamut's evoke damage by 150%?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm itching to spend any of my 50K lapis... But I will resist the temptation. Story event should give me another nice chunk of lapis.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    The one ability that makes me want to do the lap is 6 esper stones for AOE 130MP recovery. I am a sucker for mana batteries I guess.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I'm fine with not needing to fully pull for this. I keep reminding myself I've got more than enough gear and units to handle things so Gumi needs to up their unit game if they want me pulling hard.

I'm still waiting for Rem 7* though. Hurry the fuck up with that!

76561197990097905.png
    I give up on trying to guess what Gumi is doing, lol.
    The UoC ticket is next week, so it's not tied to the story event like Hyoh apparently. And the week after is Halloween, so it's not being a special Halloween ticket. What is next week that they are putting it in?
    Another unit design raid?

Last year wasn't halloween almost the whole month? Could just start it next week since a 2 week event crosses it.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    It would be a good time to start another raid, so my bet is either Unit Design pt2 or a collab. SoM collab is my (maybe unlikely) hope. We may get a super out of left-field raid that nobody saw coming ala Tomb Raider/Just Cause/Deus Ex though. The out of left-field option feels kinda likely since we haven't gotten the monthly updates video, so maybe they're waiting just a bit longer to drop it with that info.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Guess I'm not doing Vindemiatrix. Every time I try and swap BS Sakura in, the game crashes lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Guess I'm not doing Vindemiatrix. Every time I try and swap BS Sakura in, the game crashes lol.
    well that’s BS

edited October 2018
    maraji wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    well that’s BS

Yep, I had to Nyx the whole thing as he was also causing crashes. Submitted a bug report.

Trajan45 on
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    UoC ticket #14 get! Now to farm all the summon tickets and moogles.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    The unit ranking list on the wiki puts Queen on the same level as Hyoh.

??

edited October 2018
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    The unit ranking list on the wiki puts Queen on the same level as Hyoh.

??

I think it's her huge self buffs (especially the DEF/SPR ones) that give her the boost even though her damage isn't quite as high. It can be important in the current meta where you can't always block all the damage with your tanks.

Lorek on
    edited October 2018
    Fine. I guess I'll level her up from 110. I need some place to dump all my cactuars. (Currently 35 maxed cactuars, with more incoming from the raid and MK shop.) She'll be unpotted, un-enhanced, and un-LB'ed, so I doubt I'll use her. She's so expensive to enhance, my god.

TeaSpoon on
    Fine. I guess I'll level her up from 110. I need some place to dump all my cactuars. (Currently 35 maxed cactuars, with more incoming from the raid and MK shop.) She'll be unpotted, un-enhanced, and un-LB'ed, so I doubt I'll use her. She's so expensive to enhance, my god.

If nothing else like Rem and Ace, shes great for “Summon Esper” missions.

edited October 2018
    She's already great at those missions at the level she currently has. Just like Ace, who I also have and am currently using for that purpose. Ace has MP restore and Tri-Beam Laser going for him.

As long as I have Hyoh, I'm not going to use any of those units for actual damage and Ace has better support abilities.

Say that I fully max out everything on Queen. Where am I going to find another Queen to chain with? That's what I love the most about Hyoh. There's always a chaining partner.

Queen looks great. She does. But she lives in a world with Hyoh.

TeaSpoon on
    She's already great at those missions at the level she currently has. Just like Ace, who I also have and am currently using for that purpose. Ace has MP restore and Tri-Beam Laser going for him.

As long as I have Hyoh, I'm not going to use any of those units for actual damage and Ace has better support abilities.

Say that I fully max out everything on Queen. Where am I going to find another Queen to chain with? That's what I love the most about Hyoh. There's always a chaining partner.

Queen looks great. She does. But she lives in a world with Hyoh.

All the unlucky people who never got a Hyoh but have Tidus I guess.

This discussion has been closed.