As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Roll for initiative! Enc makes some D&D Illustrations?

124»

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    acadia wrote: »
    I think that backmost layer, the stars, also needs to pan up, or else it looks like that distant city and land is just springing up out of nowhere, rather than 'becoming visible as you crest the hill' which is what I assume you're going for.

The large map looks fuckin sweet.

Thanks! I play around with that tonight. Now that you point it out, I think that was the last thing bugging me about it.

I bought a template to help me learn After Effects via reverse engineering. After playing with it and making a bunch of movies over the last few weeks I finished a "opening" for my new Monster of the Week campaign!

https://youtu.be/Rn7kHLD3TRk

A bunch of the art is from various game media and such that players picked as their villains, but wherever I had agency I used Fuse to make characters and sketchup for locations. Really happy with it.

• Dang, that's really cool! You spoil your players. :)

Enc casts revivify on this thread!

I've been drawing little illustrations for my various D&D games recently, which is pretty new for me. I do a long of backgrounds and landscapes but rarely anything with characters and I'm not really good at it, so its been a great way to force myself to try:

t61yc1110mow.png
    This is for a game I play in, my characters are the archer in the back and the cow. I'm a farmboy ranger who owns a cart! We've been adventuring in a Mirkwood-esque forest for a while now and its just too spooky.

I'm currently working on this one, which is for a game I run. The well they recently encountered was filled with a mysterious, glowing teal water which turned out to be a form of holy water. Getting down the well was an adventure in and of itself.
    ogdpj4aqrr2k.jpg

Technique-wise, I'm "cheating" a whole lot by using a modeling site called JustSketchMe to mass the figures in relation to eachother. I'm working on about 10 hours of hands, gesture, and Loomis work each week, but I don't want to get so discouraged that I don't enjoy making things by only doing practice.

9e10uruu4g0g.jpg

And painted!