As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PSN] Black Friday 2017 and onwards!

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I've run into a weird issue with screenshots. I can take them and see the thumbnails in the capture gallery, but when I try to view them they don't load. It's just a black screen. This just started happening recently with Assassins Creed, but screenshots I've previously taken in Spider-Man and Tomb Raider don't load either. If I send one as an attachment in a message it's viewable, but I can't look at anything through the capture gallery.

Anyone have any ideas? A google search didn't provide me with any answers =/
    Are you taking them in 4K without being on a 4K monitor/TV? Try reducing the resolution in the Share settings menu.

I've not changed the share settings on my PS4 in 5 years, and it was set to 3840 x 2160. All my previous screenshots are those same dimensions as well. I dunno if the most recent system update changed something, but now all my old screenshots are ruined... I manually changed it to 1920 x 1080 and I can view new screenshots, my other ones appear to be stuck at 2160.

That really bums me out because I had a lot of shots I really liked :(

Thanks though, that appears to have been the issue.

Hmmm, actually I still can't view my screenshots. Just black screen. Dunno what the heck the issue is...

I've narrowed this down! For whatever reason, my PS4 doesn't like AC Odyssey screenshots. If I go to the capture gallery after turning the console on, I can look at any of my old shots, but the second I try to view an AC shot, I get the black screen and it applies to every shot in my gallery.

That sucks because the game is packed with so many screenshot worthy locations =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I've run into a weird issue with screenshots. I can take them and see the thumbnails in the capture gallery, but when I try to view them they don't load. It's just a black screen. This just started happening recently with Assassins Creed, but screenshots I've previously taken in Spider-Man and Tomb Raider don't load either. If I send one as an attachment in a message it's viewable, but I can't look at anything through the capture gallery.

Anyone have any ideas? A google search didn't provide me with any answers =/
    Are you taking them in 4K without being on a 4K monitor/TV? Try reducing the resolution in the Share settings menu.

I've not changed the share settings on my PS4 in 5 years, and it was set to 3840 x 2160. All my previous screenshots are those same dimensions as well. I dunno if the most recent system update changed something, but now all my old screenshots are ruined... I manually changed it to 1920 x 1080 and I can view new screenshots, my other ones appear to be stuck at 2160.

That really bums me out because I had a lot of shots I really liked :(

Thanks though, that appears to have been the issue.

Hmmm, actually I still can't view my screenshots. Just black screen. Dunno what the heck the issue is...

I've narrowed this down! For whatever reason, my PS4 doesn't like AC Odyssey screenshots. If I go to the capture gallery after turning the console on, I can look at any of my old shots, but the second I try to view an AC shot, I get the black screen and it applies to every shot in my gallery.

That sucks because the game is packed with so many screenshot worthy locations =/

That is incredibly odd. Although I would not put it past an Ubisoft game. Speaking of, after seeing it on sale for $20 and at the urging of my friend I picked up ghost recon wildlands and am impressed. First ghost recon I have played in at least a decade but it is a lot of fun. The story is pretty bad, and incredibly jingoistic, but the actual game play is pretty fun. My friend and I are playing co-op which helps a bunch as well I think as there are various hijinks you can get up to with another person that the ai just will not do.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Co-op Wildlands is very very good and very fun.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So, how does PS+ work when you relocate from one region to another? For example, if I have a NA PS+ sub and then I move to (for example) Australia, will I retain access to all of my purchased games? (I'm guessing yes.)

Will my monthly 'free' games be based on my physical location, or my PS+ sub region? (I"m guess it is based on the subscribed region.)

What about buying stuff on PSN? If there is a sale on NA, will I get the reduced prices or will I only be allowed to buy things at the local cost? (I really have no idea.)

Do they do IP filtering to geo-locate users? (I don't think they do.)

Are there any oddities that happen when a sub is in the wrong part of the world??

26904.png
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    So, how does PS+ work when you relocate from one region to another? For example, if I have a NA PS+ sub and then I move to (for example) Australia, will I retain access to all of my purchased games? (I'm guessing yes.)

Will my monthly 'free' games be based on my physical location, or my PS+ sub region? (I"m guess it is based on the subscribed region.)

What about buying stuff on PSN? If there is a sale on NA, will I get the reduced prices or will I only be allowed to buy things at the local cost? (I really have no idea.)

Are there any oddities that happen when a sub is in the wrong part of the world??

All the PSN stuff is based on account region. So your free games and store will be based on your NA account. You can easily make an AU account as well, and get access to that storefront, although you would need a separate subscription for the free games.

They do geo-locate users when processing credit card transactions, so in all likelihood buying through the NA store with your CC will be extremely difficult. You can add credit using pre-paid cards though. VPNs and the webstore will also work, but there appears to be a 12 hour lockout on purchases. So you'd have to avoid logging in to anything PSN related for at least 12 hours before you use the VPN to make your purchase.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    Space Hulk Tactics is pretty fun. I don’t know if the original boardgame has the card system added to it, but that is a great addition (play cards or convert one for extra action points) which allows quicker play.

I haven’t played with the Genestealers yet. Too busy trying to get through the Blood Angel campaign.

And of course the game has online multiplayer trophies :mad:

• LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »

All the PSN stuff is based on account region. So your free games and store will be based on your NA account. You can easily make an AU account as well, and get access to that storefront, although you would need a separate subscription for the free games.

They do geo-locate users when processing credit card transactions, so in all likelihood buying through the NA store with your CC will be extremely difficult. You can add credit using pre-paid cards though. VPNs and the webstore will also work, but there appears to be a 12 hour lockout on purchases. So you'd have to avoid logging in to anything PSN related for at least 12 hours before you use the VPN to make your purchase.

Can confirm, NA credit cards will kick back on PSN when in a different location. However, PayPal and digital PSN cards purchased from Amazon or Game Stop work just fine. That's how I make my PSN purchases when not in the US.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I mean, NA credit cards kick back when you're buying stuff in NA.

Hmm so it seems they actually tied some games into the players ID instead of a backend unique identifier. That would explain why they have been so hesitant to allow it to happen.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    This makes me happy since I want a PS4 and hate my PSN name.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Now if only I could change my dumbass name on these forums.... :P

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    This makes me happy since I want a PS4 and hate my PSN name.
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I imagine a whole lot of people changing their IDs from "L33Tr4dG4M3r" to "I_miss_8-bit".

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

It's funny: As disappointed as I was that "GMaster7" was - for some reason - not permitted as a PSN ID, I don't think I have any desire to change from SKI2000G. I think it'd be off-putting and confusing to my PSN/PA friends, especially when they all know me as Ski.

On the other hand, consistency is king.

Edit: Also, none of this matters, because GMaster7 and SKI2000G are both INCREDIBLY '90s. Which makes sense, because they both originated in the '90s.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    GMaster7 wrote: »

It's funny: As disappointed as I was that "GMaster7" was - for some reason - not permitted as a PSN ID, I don't think I have any desire to change from SKI2000G. I think it'd be off-putting and confusing to my PSN/PA friends, especially when they all know me as Ski.

Edit: Also, none of this matters, because GMaster7 and SKI2000G are both INCREDIBLY '90s. Which makes sense, because they both originated in the '90s.
    SKI2000GMaster7 for the best of both worlds? :wink:

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Space Hulk Tactics is pretty fun. I don’t know if the original boardgame has the card system added to it, but that is a great addition (play cards or convert one for extra action points) which allows quicker play.

I haven’t played with the Genestealers yet. Too busy trying to get through the Blood Angel campaign.

And of course the game has online multiplayer trophies :mad:

the card stuff is new. theres no card based microtrasactional nonsense is there? any time i hear cards in a game any more i get worried.

GMaster7 wrote: »

SKI2000GMaster7 for the best of both worlds? :wink:

Do you want the universe to implode?! Shit is unstable enough without crossing the streams!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I finally picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition like two years late.

What are the odds the multi will still be going?

What is this I don't even.
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    the card stuff is new. theres no card based microtrasactional nonsense is there? any time i hear cards in a game any more i get worried.
    No, it’s a bit like a deck buiding game. Each terminator has 4 cards which are added to the card deck.
    You can upgrade 3 cards of the 4 once so that it becomes a card with a better effect, or with more action points that you can convert the card to.

For example, a card with “Choose a Terminator; it gets +1 on its melee roll” can become a “Choose a Terminator; it wins the next melee” but it’s more expensive to use.

You get 3 cards, and per turn you can only convert one of them to action points.
    You get 1 command point per turn, and the cards have a certain command cost, so the further you are in your game (for example turn 7 or so) you will probably be able to use all your 3 cards by playing them.

At the end of your turn your hand is refilled to 3 cards again.

Each class (sergeant, assault, heavy, apothecary,...) has a different set of cards, so if you have 2 heavies, you will have 8 shooting cards in your deck of 20.

So the longer you go across the campaign, the better your deck becomes. But definitely the first couple of turns you are converting a card to get 2 or 3 extra Squad Action Points that any unit can spend, so that allows to to move a bit further or set overwatch or so.

tl;dr: The card system is pretty good and non-collectable.

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I finally picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition like two years late.

What are the odds the multi will still be going?

There's multi in Inquisition? *Googles* Oh yeah! That's right. I heard it was pretty fun, too! I'd recommend hitting up an online forum - or a PS4 community - if you're looking to party up.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I'm cool with my name, but much like Sony softening on the idea of cross-play, I'm just glad that it's one less thing for other people to complain about.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I'm cool with my name, but much like Sony softening on the idea of cross-play, I'm just glad that it's one less thing for other people to complain about.

I can change my name to something else than PA_Megaman001 where everyone assumes I'm from Pennsylvania.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

I'd probably switch it from Stabbity_Style to StabbityStyle, but it's probably not worth the hassle for me, especially since apparently it breaks some older multiplayer games?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    No, it’s a bit like a deck buiding game. Each terminator has 4 cards which are added to the card deck.
    You can upgrade 3 cards of the 4 once so that it becomes a card with a better effect, or with more action points that you can convert the card to.

For example, a card with “Choose a Terminator; it gets +1 on its melee roll” can become a “Choose a Terminator; it wins the next melee” but it’s more expensive to use.

You get 3 cards, and per turn you can only convert one of them to action points.
    You get 1 command point per turn, and the cards have a certain command cost, so the further you are in your game (for example turn 7 or so) you will probably be able to use all your 3 cards by playing them.

At the end of your turn your hand is refilled to 3 cards again.

Each class (sergeant, assault, heavy, apothecary,...) has a different set of cards, so if you have 2 heavies, you will have 8 shooting cards in your deck of 20.

So the longer you go across the campaign, the better your deck becomes. But definitely the first couple of turns you are converting a card to get 2 or 3 extra Squad Action Points that any unit can spend, so that allows to to move a bit further or set overwatch or so.

tl;dr: The card system is pretty good and non-collectable.
    Wow that sounds like a game I would really enjoy!

26904.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh cool I can quit being Subtle_Ties the bad joke that stemmed from a steam profile name I used for a month a decade ago with an avatar of a tie

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Thank fucking shit I can FINALLY abandon UnbreakableVow

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular

But a promise is a promise!

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Hmm so it seems they actually tied some games into the players ID instead of a backend unique identifier. That would explain why they have been so hesitant to allow it to happen.

That's.... an extremely frowned upon software design choice. Names are not keys.

Also charging ten Euro in exchange for updating a single row in your production database seems kind of obnoxious.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

That's.... an extremely frowned upon software design choice. Names are not keys.

Also charging ten Euro in exchange for updating a single row in your production database seems kind of obnoxious.

Especially when compared to services like Steam.

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Probably just a “we don’t really want people changing their names on a whim” inconvenience fee.

I have a buddy with a four-character PSN name who regularly has to fight off hijacking attempts. I should ask him if he’s just going to abandon it to the wolves.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

BreakableVow?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Microsoft charged 25 I think last time I checked. Also theirs did not come with the could break your shit clause which just goes to show how clownshoes Sony's entire video department is.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's 10 bucks to change your name on Xbox. First name change is free as well.

It's 10 bucks to change your name on Xbox. First name change is free as well.

Ah thanks for the correction, it has been a long time since I checked. At least Sony is staying competitive with the pricing. I

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

BreakableVow?

BrokenVow

Viskod on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

BreakableVow?

BrokenVow

XvUnbreakableVowvX

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    it's no use changing the name when the darkness in inside you.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    *unholy staring Rowlett intensifies*

Wow, Disgaea in hi-res graphics is certainly something. :eek: :+1:

But starting without my beloved ninja is certainly rough. What a bunch of losers, that starting crew :lol:

• ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Hmm.... Had some free time today so I downloaded Friday the 13th. Cool stuff.... Until I find out that people just team up with Jason so they can farm for points. It seems each new game session was like that which was really annoying since I'm a newbie and frustrating because all the other players did was just knock me out, run me over, or just alert Jason of my position. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Should I keep at it? Or is there a way of playing and stopping people from teaming up like that?