As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I am excited to UoC Malphasie#2 Friday. Gonna use her and Aloha Lasswell to wind chain, and I'll have Viktor to wind chain with Mal as well. I can be a little loose with my UoC tickets since I have every role (except healer, but whatever) at or ready for 7*. Having such chaining potential on a team without having to worry about friends to chain with is fantastic. I have a free friends who are sharing things like HTLid and 7*ARain so I can feel free to take them if needed.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    She's already great at those missions at the level she currently has. Just like Ace, who I also have and am currently using for that purpose. Ace has MP restore and Tri-Beam Laser going for him.

As long as I have Hyoh, I'm not going to use any of those units for actual damage and Ace has better support abilities.

Say that I fully max out everything on Queen. Where am I going to find another Queen to chain with? That's what I love the most about Hyoh. There's always a chaining partner.

Queen looks great. She does. But she lives in a world with Hyoh.

All the unlucky people who never got a Hyoh but have Tidus I guess.

Man, Tidus, I looked at his abilities and he gets access to his double ability every second turn and access to his triple ability every fifth turn. What's up with that?

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    It would be awesome if equipping a character's STMR would also give you their TMR equip bonus. It wouldn't double it, but would make bad (Soul of Thamasa) or redundant (Awesome Swordsman) TMRs less bothersome.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    She's already great at those missions at the level she currently has. Just like Ace, who I also have and am currently using for that purpose. Ace has MP restore and Tri-Beam Laser going for him.

As long as I have Hyoh, I'm not going to use any of those units for actual damage and Ace has better support abilities.

Say that I fully max out everything on Queen. Where am I going to find another Queen to chain with? That's what I love the most about Hyoh. There's always a chaining partner.

Man, Tidus, I looked at his abilities and he gets access to his double ability every second turn and access to his triple ability every fifth turn. What's up with that?

He was designed and came out before Hyoh. He got the complete shaft in GL by releasing him later when he was already powercrept and not cleaning up his crazy activations.

On the plus side, Jecht will come out eventually and he's a much better unit with the same frames.

He was designed and came out before Hyoh. He got the complete shaft in GL by releasing him later when he was already powercrept and not cleaning up his crazy activations.

On the plus side, Jecht will come out eventually and he's a much better unit with the same frames.

They did Tidus so dirty, and that's part of why I feel like they won't do anything to the Veritas 7* forms to help them out. I would love it if they did, but I'm not confident in it.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I was so excited when I got a second Tidus and then.. yeah.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Tidus not having on demand double ability at 7*, and still not having one at this point in JP (and now GL, what with Hyoh and all) is pretty BS.

I might never awaken my Tidus, as any DW character will be more consistent. I also have no TDH stuff, but that's just a formality

Zomro on
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    It does make me glad that I never have pulled a Tidus, though.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    I leveled, potted, and enhanced my first Tidus when I pulled a second like six months ago.

Never had him in a party. Ever.

....I don’t always make the best choices.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

They did Tidus so dirty, and that's part of why I feel like they won't do anything to the Veritas 7* forms to help them out. I would love it if they did, but I'm not confident in it.

I'm worried about the same with Fohlen. We'll see soon I guess.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

I'm worried about the same with Fohlen. We'll see soon I guess.

Fohlen at least gets better at being a strong evade tank/chainer. I hope they give him more chaining partners.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    maraji wrote: »
    EggyToast wrote: »
    I leveled, potted, and enhanced my first Tidus when I pulled a second like six months ago.

Never had him in a party. Ever.

....I don’t always make the best choices.

I had 1 of him for the longest time. Tidus was great when the iOS trick still worked (chaining). His 100% imperil was awesome and water protection was niche but helpful when needed. Too bad since he's already got enhancements and he's not a FFBE character, he's probably the best he'll be.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    This is sad because I kept hearing how amazing 7* Tidus was and that was my consolation prize for having shit pulls in this game.

Next 7* batch: Aileen, Veritas of the Dark, Veritas of the Light, Veritas of the Flame, Prishe, Beatrix, Eiko, Rem, Barbariccia, Zargabaath
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/9n7r6k/gl_maint_quick_peek_101118

Reddit thread has links to all of the updated Wikis. Zarg and Barb look amazing. Still going through the rest.

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Lots of 7* stuff. Zarg looks fun, has a couple issues but will still see a lot of use I bet. Barb another slower mage, maybe will be good for the next expers trial if we don't get Elly. As expected the Veritas didn't get all that much. VotD they threw a minor bone too but not enough to really fix anything and his kit is still confused. VoTL I think just a little bump on her killers. Rem got a boomerang modifier increase (2x) and I think equipped mag she didn't have in JP so nice little red mage package.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    VotF looks bleh. Oh well at least I have a second Barb to play with

Yeah, VoTF didn't get much love at all. Looks like just more axe mastery and higher counter chance. Ah well, at least I get to prism my dupe. He's the only 7* I have from this batch, so a pretty cheap batch for me.

I have 4x 7*s in this batch. I'm ready, Gumi!

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    As glad as I am, in general, that this doesn't follow the usual Final Fantasy trope of money eventually being useless, I sure do wish I had 5 million more right now. And a second Rem, she's always been one of my favorites and I'd like to 7 star her and use her again. Oh well.

edited October 2018
    Zarg with innate 40% evasion. El oh el.
    Edit: and octaslash chaining. Why not.

Shadowfire on
    And the game is up. What is happening? Things are going well today...

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Rem. You know, one more Rem and I'll have my first STMR.

Wonder what they'll do with her though.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I have only 12M gil but I'm pretty sure I only have 1 VOTL 1 Barb, 1prishe, 1 eiko so I should just need to 7star VOTD, VOTF, garglebargle and aileen

I'm not sure if I have 2 Beatrix or not.

I have 80 million gil. That's with my wasting a fuckload of gil every day by doing the expedition trick to get better expeditions.

Monthly arena awards are gone? What about that 10% trust moogle and 2 king pots?

I have 80 million gil. That's with my wasting a fuckload of gil every day by doing the expedition trick to get better expeditions.

I would have that much if I didn't awaken most of the units I don't use. :redface:

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I am a little concerned about the monthly rank rewards going away because the extra 10-20% moogles was very nice.

Tiphares on
    I love what they did with Zarg. While MS Nichol and Beach Nichol are more magic focused. Zarg is now a full on physical attack + support. It sucks they didn't add any of his AoE skills to W-ability, it probably would have made him too powerful since his timers are much longer than Nichols. It does allow for 2x regen on tanks/support, or 2x 150% boost on DPS. His LB is awesome, puts it in line with 7* Nichol but trades the HP/Mp buff for 2 turns of team DM.

His biggest drawback is that some things you need to be on rotation for future trials, like break resistance, isn't matched up. It covers 3 turns but costs 4 turns CD. Same for elemental resist. Either way, hopefully I'll eventually pull 1 more for the sweet tank STMR.

Am I the only one who keeps forgetting to do the ads?

First run through of Sledgehammer netted me +17% HP +10% DEF. That's good for now, I'll come back to it later if I get decent rolls on the other things I want to run through.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Barbariccia enhancements detailed as well

Cyclone Shield +1 goes to 120% MAG/SPR boost and extends to 4 turns. +2 adds 25% damage mitigation AOE.
    Empress of the Winds +1 adds 30% SPR and confusion immunity. +2 Boosts LB damage 50% and Tornado's multiplier to 3.0x
    Sunder +1 multiplier goes to 10.0x, removes need for casting Flurry/Tornado/Aeroja on previous turn to get that 10x (that was the way before), increases mana consumption to 80MP, multiplier after using her 7* cooldown abilities goes to 15.0x. +2 boosts base multipler to 12.5x, another increase in mana usage to 100MP, and multiplier after using 7* cooldown abilities goes to 20.0x

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Barb on the other hand seems to have gotten the shaft. Her STMR is interesting in that it'll help other magic users with Wind spells down the road and is a cool idea. But they are starting to go past those spells now with abilities of the same chain. All her new skills are cooldowns and are ok? but not interesting or great. Seems like an Emporer kind of role, build up Aeroja or RW stacks, hit with the imperil, then looming tempest for T-cast. I really really wanted someone to be a T.Terra partner, but I guess they figure that's too much for 10 man's.

While the rest of the buffs are ok, I'm glad they did something even if it's not perfect. With CG units of the Veritas, I've always looked at them as niche units. FV got some attack boosts and his CD reduced on his finisher (30x isn't shabby). LV got some more killers, if something isn't resistant to light and is in that killer group, she'll still put out the damage. DV still have plenty of utility (74% Atk/Def break on LB now for only 18 crysts!) and gets a inbuilt TDW which will push him past TGCid now as my Hyoh chainer in 10 mans.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Here's the JP reward tier for the "special week" that happens once a month to basically replace the monthly reward. Warning for massive badly formatted text:
    1 "Emblem: Champion"
    50% Trust Moogle
    2x Blank TM Container
    3x 5★ Ex Ticket & (10/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

2~9 "Emblem: Rainbow"
    50% Trust Moogle
    2x Blank TM Container

10~50 "Emblem: Gold"
    40% Trust Moogle
    2x Blank TM Container

51~100 "Emblem: Silver"
    40% Trust Moogle
    2x Blank TM Container
    3x 5★ Ex Ticket & (6/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

101~300 "Emblem: Bronze"
    30% Trust Moogle
    1x Blank TM Container

301~500
    30% Trust Moogle
    1x Blank TM Container
    2x 5★ Ex Ticket & (6/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

501~1000
    30% Trust Moogle
    2x 5★ Ex Ticket & (5/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

1001~1500
    30% Trust Moogle
    1x 5★ Ex Ticket & (4/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

1501~2000
    30% Trust Moogle
    1x 5★ Ex Ticket & (3/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

2001~3000
    10% Trust Moogle
    3x 30% 5★ Ticket & (2/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

3001~5000
    10% Trust Moogle
    2x 30% 5★ Ticket & (1/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

5001~10000
    10% Trust Moogle
    1x 30% 5★ Ticket

10001~30000
    5% Trust Moogle
    1x 10% 5★ Ticket

30001~50000
    3x 1% Trust Moogle
    1x 10% 5★ Ticket

50001~100000
    1% Trust Moogle
    1x 4★ Ticket

100001+
    1x Rare Summon Ticket

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Here's the JP reward tier for the "special week" that happens once a month to basically replace the monthly reward. Warning for massive badly formatted text:
    1 "Emblem: Champion"
    50% Trust Moogle
    2x Blank TM Container

2~9 "Emblem: Rainbow"
    50% Trust Moogle
    2x Blank TM Container

10~50 "Emblem: Gold"
    40% Trust Moogle
    2x Blank TM Container

51~100 "Emblem: Silver"
    40% Trust Moogle
    2x Blank TM Container

101~300 "Emblem: Bronze"
    30% Trust Moogle
    1x Blank TM Container

301~500
    30% Trust Moogle
    1x Blank TM Container
    2x 5★ Ex Ticket & (6/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

501~1000
    30% Trust Moogle
    2x 5★ Ex Ticket & (5/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

1001~1500
    30% Trust Moogle
    1x 5★ Ex Ticket & (4/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

1501~2000
    30% Trust Moogle
    1x 5★ Ex Ticket & (3/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

2001~3000
    10% Trust Moogle
    3x 30% 5★ Ticket & (2/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

3001~5000
    10% Trust Moogle
    2x 30% 5★ Ticket & (1/10) 5★ UoC Tickets

5001~10000
    10% Trust Moogle
    1x 30% 5★ Ticket

10001~30000
    5% Trust Moogle
    1x 10% 5★ Ticket

30001~50000
    3x 1% Trust Moogle
    1x 10% 5★ Ticket

50001~100000
    1% Trust Moogle
    1x 4★ Ticket

100001+
    1x Rare Summon Ticket

Yuck. Getting a 10% moogle every month used to be easy-peasy and now it will actually be work. Getting under 10,000 on any given week is too much for me.

steam_sig.png
    That's objectively worse than the monthly reward unless you're a massive whale. And not only does it replace the monthly rewards, it also replaces a weekly reward. Fuck. That's like 30 points worth of pots you're missing out on per month.

Am guessing (hoping?) that changes for GL since our tiers are already different than theirs. Ie, I think their ~10k was the same as our ~30k. Will see.

lol 7* FV can hit 290% attack passives with an Axe and his TMR.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Did we know these 7*s were coming this week?

steam_sig.png
    That's objectively worse than the monthly reward unless you're a massive whale. And not only does it replace the monthly rewards, it also replaces a weekly reward. Fuck. That's like 30 points worth of pots you're missing out on per month.

There's also some individual reward tier. I haven't looked at jp forever but I would hold the pitchforks for a while at least.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    lol 7* FV can hit 290% attack passives with an Axe and his TMR.

Yeah, leaving tons of room for killers, T/DH boosts, dualwield, whatever really. He's an oddly new-player friendly 7* since he's so easy to gear for. Shame he wasn't given more upgrades, but he's a perfectly fine unit.

This discussion has been closed.