As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AEG Big Game Night

Chaotic IgnoranceChaotic Ignorance Registered User regular
Whats the story with this event? The fact that it costs money and is limited has me interested, but the info provided leaves much to be desired. Is it a tournament of sorts? A general gathering of gamers who play games for four hours? Why the extra cost? I figured there may have been one last year, which i was jnable to attend.

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It does seem a little odd, since the tabletop freeplay area provides most of things they are talking about in that link.

• Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    I believe the cost is due to the participant reward swag -- which last year was four of AEG's games redone with new artwork/rethemed, and are unique to their Big Game Night convention events.

• Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    For $32/person for an only 4 hour session, I kinda wish there was some more info on games being played, games available, prizes, etc.

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    It's basically an event for AEG superfans. If that doesn't describe you, then $32 for their super deluxe swag bag may not be worthwhile. As Zerzhul said, PAX already provides all the games and gaming space you could ever wish for for $0, and that's not changing.

• Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    It's a little tough to be that though, right? I mean they put out such a diverse set of games, if you're a fan of light stuff like Smash Up and show up and it's mostly Istanbul and Mystic Vale, you're going to be disappointed. If you really like things like Istanbul and Mystic Vale and show up to find 8 tables of Smash Up, you're going to be disappointed.

This has nothing to do with PAX's offerings for open gaming, PAX is friggin awesome on that front. Just curious about details of this event, that's all.

• Options
    DCGaymerDCGaymer Registered User new member
    edited November 2018
    If you're a member, check out the GenCon comments on the unofficial GenCon forum on Facebook about the AEG Game Night there. The swag bag sounded pretty underwhelming (it was much better the year before), so we're skipping it.

DCGaymer on