As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Did we know these 7*s were coming this week?

Not until the datamine. I assume they were supposed to be revealed during the monthly updates video we haven't gotten yet.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Happy Seven Starmas! I finally get my Rem to upgrade but man, I dunno if i wanna seven star the lot that I have. Soooo many things I don't have cactuars to level up. Plus low on gil too. Ah well, happy decisions to make!

finished the story up to part two last night. I'll try to clear the rest of it this weekend while doing other things so I don't have that hanging around. Then its on to the ancient ruins stuff.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    That's objectively worse than the monthly reward unless you're a massive whale. And not only does it replace the monthly rewards, it also replaces a weekly reward. Fuck. That's like 30 points worth of pots you're missing out on per month.

There's also some individual reward tier. I haven't looked at jp forever but I would hold the pitchforks for a while at least.

Oh right I forgot about those. Yeah, the individual rewards are like full of stat pots, but no moogles. So you should get your stat pots back at least.
    Also speaking of arena, I just snagged both the 500 lapis rewards for 10,000 arena fights and 10,000 arena wins. Oh god, that's sad isn't it.

On the plus side, I was only 66 arena battles in between them. So that's like a 99.34% win rate.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I've got Rem (whee!) and Dark Veritas in this batch.

steam_sig.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    so it looks like the new sweet spot for rewards is under 2k for the 5star ex ticket and 30% moogle.

even if you have to refresh the arena 10 times in a week, that seems like a good deal to me.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    How does Rem's dagger boomerang buff work? It adds 2x so is it 4x attack base when enhanced? So you can max it out in 2 turns?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    so it looks like the new sweet spot for rewards is under 2k for the 5star ex ticket and 30% moogle.

even if you have to refresh the arena 10 times in a week, that seems like a good deal to me.

I'm super curious to see how this works out in GL. JP is always a different beast with this kind of stuff, because the whales are not only more prevalent but larger.
    But for example, the 2k - 3k bracket you should expect to do between 30 and 50 refills in JP to hit that target.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I am not even remotely looking forward to Arena changes. I just don't care enough to spend Lapis refreshing Arena orbs and then bashing my head against the umpteenth whale team with two 7* A Rains that take forever to die, and that's assuming they don't chain LB you into the ground because the game loves to give back to back turns to the enemy at the worst times.

Maybe the Arena changes will changed so they're more suited to GL, but I doubt it. Blank Moogles should be in the Arena medal board, make it so you get a blank moogle from the board every X board clears (10? 20? Not sure what'd be fair). Whales will still get more of them as they'll get more medals because they're refreshing and whatnot, and regular players will actually be able to see one once in a while

I'm just happy the board is getting a buff. I don't think I've used it in over a year.

Also GUMI might have been able to get me to pull on step-up #2 if they had just put Rem there vs Eiko or Beatrix. I have 3 of Zarg, Rem, and LV. Would have been hard to resist.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I 7* Rem immediately. So stoked to finally have another esper orb filler and she is a decent mage and healer on top of that! Slot efficiency just got buffed for me! Plus, they are re-running daggers so I can get High Tide on her daggers to boot! So much win this week. I've finished the FFXV MK grind and now it's on to finish some story/ancient ruins and trials.

Tiphares wrote: »
    I 7* Rem immediately. So stoked to finally have another esper orb filler and she is a decent mage and healer on top of that! Slot efficiency just got buffed for me! Plus, they are re-running daggers so I can get High Tide on her daggers to boot! So much win this week. I've finished the FFXV MK grind and now it's on to finish some story/ancient ruins and trials.

Yeah, I need to rerun her daggers as well although I have two good high tide weapons for my tanks so its not a huge priority to get. I'm tempted to load up my exp gear and use all of my pots and some lapis for tons of chamber runs to level Rem and a couple of others as well.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    IW you cruel cruel event. Of course when I don't want attack, and want SPR and DEF, I get attack up the whazoo!

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Tiphares wrote: »

Yeah, I need to rerun her daggers as well although I have two good high tide weapons for my tanks so its not a huge priority to get. I'm tempted to load up my exp gear and use all of my pots and some lapis for tons of chamber runs to level Rem and a couple of others as well.
    Be nice if they offered her dagger again somehow for those of us that started during/after her event.

I’m tempted by that second step up. I have 3 Zarglebark, 3 LV, 3 DV, 1 Eiko (my only 5* summoner), and 1 Beatrix.

The first one is a pass though: I would love a fourth Rem and/or second Barb, but I have no Aileen, too many Prishe, and don’t want FV (though I have one)

• MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    Got my first STMR, Aileen goggles are nice.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    After getting a bunch of units to 7* in the last batches, I only have Prishe in this one. I don't think I've ever used her, so I should look up her info at some point. I am somewhat tempted to pull on the banners since I have 1 of a lot of the available units, but I'll probably just keep hoarding.

Why can’t I enhance my Rem(s) anymore?

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Sad that Basch isn't in this 7* batch, but happy we got this batch quicker than the six-week turnaround time for the previous one. Hopefully they can maintain this pace going forward.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    I'm looking forward to seeing the 7* Halloween units. I mean, I have no 5* base Halloween units despite my best efforts, but still.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    you know, I just noticed that when you summon. the thing that goes up into the sky is not a blue crystal but a spinning piece of lapis.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing the 7* Halloween units. I mean, I have no 5* base Halloween units despite my best efforts, but still.

Every week's announcement for the past, like, two months has been met by me saying, "One week closer to the Halloween event".

I'm hyped from 7* GLS. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm optimistic that she'll be good. Also can't wait to see who gets the Halloween unit treatment.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »

you mean you can't select her?

that means you already enhanced everything

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Ok, Brachium is bugged something fierce... The last phase < 49% I could not get a chain even though I hit the skills perfectly. Boss was left with 12% HP and then wiped me. That's some BS! Would have been all missions for me too!

edit: I was following the 3 turn kill strategy and everything went perfect until turn 3 when chaining did not work.

Tiphares on
    hmmm 7* Barb is going to help with some crazy Thunder Hyoh LB antics. Turn 1 120% imperil? 7* Barb, 7* Nyx, CG nichol, 2x Hyohs, and CG Lid or any breaker, yikes! Can't be broken, throw in 7* Olive to finish.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So, i need to dump some Cactaurs. Keeping in mind that i don't really need any of these units, if you had a choice of which one to level from 101-120, which would you do.

Nyx
    Luneth
    Gilgamesh
    Roberta
    Lightning
    Ramza
    Delita
    DKC
    Ace
    Queen
    Dark Fina
    Seabreeze Dark Fina
    Marie
    Knight Delita
    Viktor

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Nyx, Ramza, Ace, Dark Fina, SBDF. Nyx and Ace have very good utility linked to Self-KO skills (fill party LB bars and fill esper bar respectively). Ramza is still a high quality breaker + buffer, and that only gets better (added DEF/SPR breaks and a dual cast for his breaks). The Finas both get Tornado and VERY high MAG stats, more than enough to clear all content.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Seems like Viktor would make for crazy fun tanking options to liven up play.

Other than that, Nyx if you want LB immediate stuff or maybe S.Dark Fina for magic chaining options (and some kind of all elemental shenanigans?)? I'm not a scholar though, just what I'd do.

Edit: clarifications on S Dark Fina choice.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
    azith28 wrote: »
    So, i need to dump some Cactaurs. Keeping in mind that i don't really need any of these units, if you had a choice of which one to level from 101-120, which would you do.

Nyx
    Luneth
    Gilgamesh
    Roberta
    Lightning
    Ramza
    Delita
    DKC
    Ace
    Queen
    Dark Fina
    Seabreeze Dark Fina
    Marie
    Knight Delita
    Viktor

I don't think many here are worth the whole investment to 120, but a bunch are worth two cactuars to get them to level 110.
    Nyx, Ace, Queen so you have their cooldowns available to fill bars when required.

I'm going to go down a crazy path and say two more to Marie. Her cooldown is the only thing she's good for, but man, what a cooldown. Maybe you'll never use it but I can see some 10-mans with those huge 50% thresholds that bringing her along just for that will allow you to laugh all the way to the bank.

If you don't have any good breakers, Ramza is worth two cactuars for dual ATK/MAG break for 5 turns when enhanced.

The only ones I would bring all the way to 120 would be Viktor and Reberta. While both aren't #1 in their roles, they're up there so you can actually use them. Both are good at what they do and bring something unique to the table that'll let you change up the usual party mix a bit.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Nyx
    Luneth
    Gilgamesh
    Roberta
    Lightning
    Ramza
    Delita
    DKC
    Ace
    Queen
    Dark Fina
    Seabreeze Dark Fina
    Marie
    Knight Delita
    Viktor

You say Reberta, I jump for joy. She's awesome. The 115 and 120 abilities aren't amazing for her, but the bonus stats are great and she's a really fun unit to use.

Outside of that, Nyx and Ace are both fantastic for having lots of utility and some decent damage.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited October 2018
    Viktor. He's a pretty good provoke tank, has breaks (although paired as ATK/DEF and MAG/SPR), and can chain with an increasingly large pool of units thanks to his AR frames. Notably he can chain with Malphasie and in the future Akstar. Also, Viktor's damage is based off his DEF so your elemental options for weapons are huge, since you don't have to care about the ATK value on them.

Cruor on
    edited October 2018
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    maraji wrote: »

you mean you can't select her?

that means you already enhanced everything

I can’t select any of them:

1tusw7dxgklg.jpeg

Oh wait, does 5* Rem not have any skills that can be enhanced?

Edit: Haha, yep. Sorry about that

Edit2: Oh hey look, today’s free daily finishes off a Tranquility.

maraji on
    Can anyone link to the macro's for merging cactuars on Nox? I'm going to have a ton from the raid and MK event. With 7* Barb, Zarg, Rem, etc, I'd like to maximize all I can.

Nyx
    Luneth
    Gilgamesh
    Roberta
    Lightning
    Ramza
    Delita
    DKC
    Ace
    Queen
    Dark Fina
    Seabreeze Dark Fina
    Marie
    Knight Delita
    Viktor

Seconding what @Papagander and @LuvTheMonkey said above

Victor is fun to use at 120. Folks here seem to like Reberta a lot, especially after the TDW fix. The Finas are pretty darn good, just maybe not the “best” magic chainers.

Also, Nyx, Ace, and Ramza get their nice utility stuff at 110, so that’s easy to do all of them if you can spare the Gil

Man, GUMI may need to look at buffing 7* CG Nichol at this point with how powerful Zarg is. Or speed up his enhancements. They combined the best parts of 2 of CG Nichol's CD abilities into 1 for Zarg. Planning out rotations for Zarg is almost futile as he's such a jack of all trades, he can switch things up however you need them. It would have been nice to see his CD's decreased by 1 to fit overlap, but it's not the end of the world. Also with M.Ramza having entrust will help out a ton for LB work.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Man, GUMI may need to look at buffing 7* CG Nichol at this point with how powerful Zarg is. Or speed up his enhancements. They combined the best parts of 2 of CG Nichol's CD abilities into 1 for Zarg. Planning out rotations for Zarg is almost futile as he's such a jack of all trades, he can switch things up however you need them. It would have been nice to see his CD's decreased by 1 to fit overlap, but it's not the end of the world. Also with M.Ramza having entrust will help out a ton for LB work.

Yeah, I'm hoping I pull a dupe Zarg at some point. Since I have both M.Ramza and CGFina for entrust, I could have Zarg's LB up pretty often.

Oh, the stuff Rem gets. So good! So her dagger boomerang should max at 8.2x now, I love the auto revive, her spr break if really useful with my other mages, mp refresh from LB is great!

I need more mag items, I have too many mages I like running. But this *should* get my rem to 1400 or better mag I think, have to wait till I get home to see.

I still don't use zarg but man, he's gonna be real useful for certain situations.

76561197990097905.png
    It's a race for supports for me. A dupe Zarg or SSNichol would be amazing. Otherwise I could just wait until Roy gets his 7* form, since I already have two of him. I'm not looking forward to going back to using Bards however, so I'm really hoping for a a dupe of one of my other dudes.

I could always just forgo 7* Malphasie and do the sensible thing and UoC a dupe of a support. Not as fun, but more practical.

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Man, I'll need to check out Zarg. I have at least four of him, but CG Nichol still seems to win out as a mana battery unless Zarg's 7* is less MP hungry?

I've actually got a heckuva lot of ppl in this batch:
    Aileen x2
    Veritas of the Flame x2
    Beatrix x4
    Eiko x2
    Rem x4
    Barbariccia x2
    Zargabaath x4 or x5

I'm about to have a very expensive weekend.

Edit: Prolly at least unlock all the 7*s and merge the STMRs as 7*s... but will likely only max out Barbie and Zwarge to 120. Maybe Eiko too. Eventually. When I have gold again.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Can anyone link to the macro's for merging cactuars on Nox? I'm going to have a ton from the raid and MK event. With 7* Barb, Zarg, Rem, etc, I'd like to maximize all I can.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/96t087/collection_of_memu_and_nox_macros_1280x720_and/

Keep track of how that macro is merging things. I discovered that the macro was merging level 1 cactuars to a level X cactuar, without chaining them for great/amazing bonuses. I still don't know whether it's designed that way or I fucked up somehow.

[edit] https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/96kd46/cactuar_fusion_macro_20_memu_nox/

I think this is the same macro, but I'm adding it for completion's sake.

TeaSpoon on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Man, Barb is one tanky mage.

L7IaGO6.png

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/96t087/collection_of_memu_and_nox_macros_1280x720_and/

Keep track of how that macro is merging things. I discovered that the macro was merging level 1 cactuars to a level X cactuar, without chaining them for great/amazing bonuses. I still don't know whether it's designed that way or I fucked up somehow.

[edit] https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/96kd46/cactuar_fusion_macro_20_memu_nox/

I think this is the same macro, but I'm adding it for completion's sake.

That was likely an issue with sorting - I use the same macro and it works correctly. The sort on the Unit to Enhance needs to be by level Ascending, and the sort on the Material Units needs to be by level Descending (along with all of the filters Sio mentions). Note that technically the Nox macros are unsupported as its macro language is not nearly as good as Memu's.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
This discussion has been closed.