As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    @Erin The Red you’ve probably already been linked to it, but did you see the Facebook post for Bowsette shells using the dollar tree turtle shells?

I did not!

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Here it is! The poster gave a few instructions in the comments.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yeah in my experience anybody who self describes as a gold star gay/lesbian in a serious way is a prooobably a jerk?

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Thank youuuuuuu <3<3

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Yeah in my experience anybody who self describes as a gold star [whatever] in a serious way is a prooobably a jerk?

I'm a gold star idiot.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm a Black Spade Ace.

Lllllladies and gents. ~ u o

• JansonJanson Registered User regular

Thank youuuuuuu <3<3

You’re welcome! I forgot to say that you and your costume are looking beautiful so far, btw! :D

Thank youuuuuuu <3<3

You’re welcome! I forgot to say that you and your costume are looking beautiful so far, btw! :D

You're real sweet! When I take over I'll make sure to give you a position of favor

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    long hair + pink inc! (circa 3-4 years ago)
    0t8kzj82fdz3.jpg

9thjsvn2az4k.jpg
    not many photos of that period...

despite mostly keeping to the cooler flavors of the rainbow, i think that pale bubblegum pink really suited me
    but i'm lazy low maintenance/bad at self-care/prone to variety, so cultivating that color required more effort than i'd allocate

i feel more myself when i have colored hair -- so i recommend dyeing when possible
    e: or wigs, but see above re: lazy

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    That was fascinating.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Yeah in my experience anybody who self describes as a gold star [whatever] in a serious way is a prooobably a jerk?

I'm a gold star idiot.

You've never had sex with... a smart person?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    This might be relevant for this thread (found in the PSN thread):

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'll be very happy to not be "the betman" on psn anymore

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    was this posted?

[comic about queerness during the Civil War]

I teared up at the end.

Awwww. This is lovely.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I just saw this today.

r6hM72Hl.jpg

vRyue2p.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm trying to think of a popular bisexual superhero.

Hmm....

Hmmmmmm....

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Hmm....

Hmmmmmm....

Not exactly super HERO but Harley Quinn is popular and bi as hell imo

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    On the same note Deadpool is pretty often portrayed as being willing to hook up with guys, though given how he's written, one wonders how legitimate versus "funny" that is

Anyway, John Constantine.

liEt3nH.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Hmm....

Hmmmmmm....

Not exactly super HERO but Harley Quinn is popular and bi as hell imo

Wasn't Harley x Ivy acknowledged as canonical at some point?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure they've pushed bi Wonder Woman in the comics, but it keeps getting pushed away by the many difficulties DC has in messaging about Wonder Woman and keeping a strong characterization in public consciousness for her.

Catwoman and Mystique have both been in relationships with women.

Also, Sailor Moon is definitely bi.

liEt3nH.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh wait, Hercules in the Marvel comics is bi, right?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Psylocke is bi, also.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Oh wait, Hercules in the Marvel comics is bi, right?

Yep! Hercules as written by Grek Pak and Fred Van Lente is still one of my favorite series.

IKknkhU.gif
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Isn't Power Girl bi? I thought her and the Terra with black hair and a monochrome outfit were supposed to be a thing?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Isn't Power Girl bi? I thought her and the Terra with black hair and a monochrome outfit were supposed to be a thing?

I'd have to go through my comics again, but I don't recall it was ever explicit.

I sure interpreted it that way, though.

IKknkhU.gif
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Psylocke is bi, also.
    Like, the British lady or the Asian lady?

sig.gif
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Don't forget Daken!

WELP email just went out to everyone at work about my transition (a planned thing). Here we go...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Cheering you on and sending good luck vibes your way!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    WELP email just went out to everyone at work about my transition (a planned thing). Here we go...

Good luck good luck!

At my new job I’ve been correcting people on pronouns as it comes up, and put male pronouns in my profile/resume so hopefully that’s been getting the point across. People have been totally cool with it and apologized for getting it wrong the first time (i’m always like...no worries, there’s no way you could know...)

On the front page of the company intranet there was a transition narrative by an employee in another office, so there’s definitely a significant degree of corporate buy-in to the concept of being trans. It’s a megacorp that is really concerned about its reputation and terrified of lawsuits, and also recognizes that diversity/inclusion is actually useful in attracting talent/increasing performance/appealing to clients. Does this reflect people’s genuine beliefs? Honestly, who cares. I think it probably does reflect the beliefs of most of the young people, who are preppy af but overall liberal. And it certainly governs everyone’s behavior, which is what matters.
    Basically, I feel like i’ve acquired good megacorporate citizenship for the cyberpunk future...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    I'm the first time my company's had to deal with this and so they were kind of having to draw up policy as we went, which meant my HR rep was running stuff by me to make sure it aligned with what I expected. I've been really happy with their approach--a lot of focus on making sure I'm comfortable with how things are going and in control of the transition. I was a bit worried because the company has a pretty strong core of small town religious folk at its core but they've made it clear that they place a great deal of importance on all individual employees feeling welcome and respected and that's really encouraging.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Ha ok so I emailed the lady who was profiled on the company intranet just to be like yo it was super reassuring to see your story on the front page and she was like hooray btw there is an informal phone call for all trans people at the company this afternoon, wanna join?
    Alright alright! Being bold/networking is paying off.

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    aaaaa one of my online cardgame friends just came out as bi I'm so happy for them! :heartbeat:

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Ha ok so I emailed the lady who was profiled on the company intranet just to be like yo it was super reassuring to see your story on the front page and she was like hooray btw there is an informal phone call for all trans people at the company this afternoon, wanna join?

How big is your company? It is strange to me to read "all the trans people at the company" because that implies there are quite a few and it still feels to me like trans people are about as common as unicorn shit.

How big is your company? It is strange to me to read "all the trans people at the company" because that implies there are quite a few and it still feels to me like trans people are about as common as unicorn shit.

Over 200,000 people...as I said, a megacorp. I don’t want to give the specific name in a post because I don’t want to break my personal firewall. The person I emailed told me that my office is the ‘trans capital’ of the firm, (in that there is more than one trans person here—and there are like throusands of people affiliated with this office; it’s not small), so hopefully i’ll meet them in this call!

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Whippy wrote: »
    Psylocke is bi, also.
    Like, the British lady or the Asian lady?
    They're the same lady. British lady was put in Asian lady's body because Chris Claremont had a fetish.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

I don't know if this is helpful but I personally know 6 out non-binary folks in my corporate building of 400 people or so. I'm in NJ though. And obviously there could be many others I don't know about. And as someone who works in the mailroom I try to be very mindful of names showing up I don't recognize.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    Hah all right we got 6 people on the call but it was also just made from people who had happened to reach out, not a company-wise advertised thing or anything. I am sure there are more.
    Still, awesome! We’re trying to figure out what exactly we’re going for/whether or how to advertise/who to open it to, etc.
    Somehow in maybe a year I’ve gone from someone who wouldn’t really even say their identity out loud and would not disclose anything at work to looking for trans meetups and just telling people I meet that yes I’m male despite the whole voice thing. This is... pretty good!
    (Also the voice thing...well. It’s not getting much lower exactly, but that might be because I’m used to speaking in a certain register. It is having /issues/ with my usual upper range, so something is going on with my vocal cords for sure. I was singing some of my standbys on Rock Band and was like...oh wow oh no I cannot hit these high notes any more and my voice legit cracks when I try to do so; how completely mortifying!)(but also expected, good sign that hormones are doing their job).

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So, I think it's a thing people here might be keen on seeing.

Matthew Shepard's ashes are being laid to rest at National Cathedral

it makes me kind of reflect a bit on how far we seem to have come in such a relatively short time.

And how much further we still need to go.

I will admit that I cried a bit reading the article.

This discussion has been closed.