As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    So with the arena changes coming next week, there's a really good chance we're getting the 400% passive increase too, since it came with the same app update.

Been running my units in the FFBE Equip calculator with the 400% passive checkbox on to see what TMRs I can possible be on the look out for now.
    Made an interesting discovery...
    Hyoh's BiS is dual wielding now, thanks to our GL exclusive TDW gear.
    Who knew.
    With STMR - http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#2b958c60-cd7c-11e8-a3d0-07fd811772ef
    Without STMR - http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#5e22d520-cd7c-11e8-a3d0-07fd811772ef

All because we don't have a fire or lightning based two-handed greatsword yet.

Lorek on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Oh, the stuff Rem gets. So good! So her dagger boomerang should max at 8.2x now, I love the auto revive, her spr break if really useful with my other mages, mp refresh from LB is great!

I need more mag items, I have too many mages I like running. But this *should* get my rem to 1400 or better mag I think, have to wait till I get home to see.

I still don't use zarg but man, he's gonna be real useful for certain situations.

From what I read on reddit, her max should increase to 10.6x now. Since it's 6 times of 1.1x increase.

Papagander wrote: »
    Man, I'll need to check out Zarg. I have at least four of him, but CG Nichol still seems to win out as a mana battery unless Zarg's 7* is less MP hungry?

I've actually got a heckuva lot of ppl in this batch:
    Aileen x2
    Veritas of the Flame x2
    Beatrix x4
    Eiko x2
    Rem x4
    Barbariccia x2
    Zargabaath x4 or x5

I'm about to have a very expensive weekend.

Edit: Prolly at least unlock all the 7*s and merge the STMRs as 7*s... but will likely only max out Barbie and Zwarge to 120. Maybe Eiko too. Eventually. When I have gold again.

Depends on the situation. CG Nichol at best can dual cast MP heal for 40 a pop or 80 total. It is AoE so it hits everyone. Zarg has 50% heal and 150 refresh but it's ST.

For example, my 7* T.Terra has 800+ MP and 4x cast of one of the elemental CW's costs 321MP. So Zarg's MP heal would get T.Terra 400MP back.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Can anyone link to the macro's for merging cactuars on Nox? I'm going to have a ton from the raid and MK event. With 7* Barb, Zarg, Rem, etc, I'd like to maximize all I can.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/96t087/collection_of_memu_and_nox_macros_1280x720_and/

Keep track of how that macro is merging things. I discovered that the macro was merging level 1 cactuars to a level X cactuar, without chaining them for great/amazing bonuses. I still don't know whether it's designed that way or I fucked up somehow.

[edit] https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/96kd46/cactuar_fusion_macro_20_memu_nox/

I think this is the same macro, but I'm adding it for completion's sake.

That was likely an issue with sorting - I use the same macro and it works correctly. The sort on the Unit to Enhance needs to be by level Ascending, and the sort on the Material Units needs to be by level Descending (along with all of the filters Sio mentions). Note that technically the Nox macros are unsupported as its macro language is not nearly as good as Memu's.

Thanks both of ya. I'll look this over, last time with a back to back like this it took me hours to merge. Don't want to do that again.

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Oh, the stuff Rem gets. So good! So her dagger boomerang should max at 8.2x now, I love the auto revive, her spr break if really useful with my other mages, mp refresh from LB is great!

I need more mag items, I have too many mages I like running. But this *should* get my rem to 1400 or better mag I think, have to wait till I get home to see.

I still don't use zarg but man, he's gonna be real useful for certain situations.

From what I read on reddit, her max should increase to 10.6x now. Since it's 6 times of 1.1x increase.

Papagander wrote: »
    Man, I'll need to check out Zarg. I have at least four of him, but CG Nichol still seems to win out as a mana battery unless Zarg's 7* is less MP hungry?

I've actually got a heckuva lot of ppl in this batch:
    Aileen x2
    Veritas of the Flame x2
    Beatrix x4
    Eiko x2
    Rem x4
    Barbariccia x2
    Zargabaath x4 or x5

I'm about to have a very expensive weekend.

Edit: Prolly at least unlock all the 7*s and merge the STMRs as 7*s... but will likely only max out Barbie and Zwarge to 120. Maybe Eiko too. Eventually. When I have gold again.

Depends on the situation. CG Nichol at best can dual cast MP heal for 40 a pop or 80 total. It is AoE so it hits everyone. Zarg has 50% heal and 150 refresh but it's ST.

For example, my 7* T.Terra has 800+ MP and 4x cast of one of the elemental CW's costs 321MP. So Zarg's MP heal would get T.Terra 400MP back.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed CG Nichol cannot keep up with the 7* heavy hitters/Juicers like TT and Hyoh. Although not much should last past too many quad casts, sounds like Zarg's definitely pulling ahead.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I actually made the switch to Memu specifically because of that macro. On Nox it worked but took some babysitting as it wouldn't always select the right unit. Memu has been flawless (and gives me better framerates as well).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Cactuar fusion macro doesn't work for me. I got all the settings right. I think it's a Nox issue. I'm going to upgrade Nox. See if I can get it to work.

[edit] I would switch to Memu, but I have Nox customized the way I want it. All my macros are there.

TeaSpoon on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    for nox i just made sure my ascending and descending units were in and just recorded my own macro and loop it 20 times. it works well enough till it maxes a unit and then it'll go back to the unit overview screen but I usually do that when I'm watching a movie so I catch it. It's slow but considering I do that usually in my downtime before bed, it's no problem.

I"ve been tempted to jump to Memu a few times now but other than the crashing occasionaly from nox I haven't really been buggered to outright switch.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    edited October 2018
    Installed Memu. This was a huge hassle. And I'm running the risk of losing orbs before I finish setting things up and fusing all the cactuars. And for some dumb reason, memu got installed to the D drive, which was a huge hassle to figure out and is going to fuck up my back up solution.

[edit] Also, how do I get memu to go back to the default screen size after I accidentally shrunk it? How do I put the macro recording button on the right shortcut menu instead of hidden in a submenu? Can I back-up the entire memu installation folder, uninstall the program, reinstall it on the C drive, and replace the new installation folder with my backup? Will it fuck shit up, is my question?

[edit] Oh my fucking god. Where did the operation record window go? Why is it gone? How do I stop the macro from running?!

TeaSpoon on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Installed Memu. This was a huge hassle. And I'm running the risk of losing orbs before I finish setting things up and fusing all the cactuars. And for some dumb reason, memu got installed to the D drive, which was a huge hassle to figure out and is going to fuck up my back up solution.

[edit] Also, how do I get memu to go back to the default screen size after I accidentally shrunk it? How do I put the macro recording button on the right shortcut menu instead of hidden in a submenu? Can I back-up the entire memu installation folder, uninstall the program, reinstall it on the C drive, and replace the new installation folder with my backup? Will it fuck shit up, is my question?

[edit] Oh my fucking god. Where did the operation record window go? Why is it gone? How do I stop the macro from running?!

You can't. it's self-replicating. You have created Skynet.

The bombs are on their way. You monster.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    You can pretty easily just make a cactuar fusing macro. I made my own when they first came out and regularly make my own for things like raid summons and ticket summoning.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    It doesn't really take all that much time to fuse the cactuars anymore so I haven't really bothered with it.

urahonky wrote: »
    It doesn't really take all that much time to fuse the cactuars anymore so I haven't really bothered with it.

Are you chain-fusing it for extra exp?

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Fusing cactuars is such a meditative experience for me. I do it pretty regularly since I only have 540 unit slots. Maybe after I dump lapis chasing 7*Randi I'll use whatever the left-over amount is on upgrading slots.

Oh that's right. No I just select a cactaur, and select all cactaurs and then merge.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Oh that's right. No I just select a cactaur, and select all cactaurs and then merge.

Herasy!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Chain fusing is the light. I had like, three maxed King Minituars after leveling my M.Ramza. From the recent raids since he was released, I'm back up to 17 maxed Kings before buying any of the MK shop Kings.

If we ever get another fusing EXP boost event (I expect one around Christmas/the fan festa) then you'd be a fool not to chain fuse/level up your remaining 7* units.

I don't have the kinda time to do it otherwise lol. I'm willing to lose the extra exp. Besides I really don't have any characters that I NEED to level.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm well I guess Flame V isn't a very good 7* but I have 3 of him so hello 50% trust moogle

edited October 2018
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hmm well I guess Flame V isn't a very good 7* but I have 3 of him so hello 50% trust moogle

Patience. Wait until you get a fourth. His STMR is a sweet Heavy Armor.

[edit] Installing memu was totally worth the hassle. That macro is amazing.

TeaSpoon on
    I don't understand what it means. Does it fuse one cactaur at a time?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    It does indeed chain fuse to maximize experience gains.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    It automates cactuar-chaining.

For anyone unaware, you get more exp by fusing

Cactuar A into Cactuar B
    Cactuar B into Cactuar C
    Etc.

In practice, you keep selecting level 1 cactuars as your base and selecting the higher level cactuar as the cactuar that'll disappear. It's a giant pain in the ass, but every time you get a Great or Amazing bonus, you're essentially getting that bonus for every single cactuar in the chain. When you get a second bonus, the bonuses are multiplicative.

The macro automates the process.

Did you build your own macro? or use pre-made? I might give it a shot tomorrow.

Spent way too much time screwing around with Switch Controls on iOS. I was able to get one that works 50% of the time on slot 2 and 5 right off the bat. Then just couldn't get slot 3 and 6 to work. Really wish GUMI would put a menu toggle like animations that would put a 1 or 2 second delay on your commands.

edited October 2018

Did you build your own macro? or use pre-made? I might give it a shot tomorrow.

Spent way too much time screwing around with Switch Controls on iOS. I was able to get one that works 50% of the time on slot 2 and 5 right off the bat. Then just couldn't get slot 3 and 6 to work. Really wish GUMI would put a menu toggle like animations that would put a 1 or 2 second delay on your commands.

I used the one I linked earlier. Hence my need to install Memu. Doesn't work with Nox. At least, not on my version and with my settings.

[edit] And I found that my connection was stable enough for me to run the macro as 2x speed. Saved me a couple of hours.

[edit] I got 16 maxed cactuar from this venture. Would have gotten more if I had done it manually, but the automation is worth one of two maxed cactuars.

TeaSpoon on
    I just made mine. Basically record selecting the base, select empty spot, select first cactuar, select fuse, click two slow times to fast foward to skip, click skip, click Back.

Loop basically for 15 or 20 times. usually I'll get one great in that loop though sometimes its the first couple so not a huge exp jump and doesn't really save me much in extra cactuars. Not much else, just when the cactuar maxes it goes back to the select base screen and that's when my macro hits back and goes to the over view screen which is when I stop it, and then restart.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    I got it to work with Nox, but I had to tweak the location of one of the clicks manually. It was jussst missing the "Change base unit" button, which caused it to fuse level 1's into the just leveled cactaur.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I don't have the kinda time to do it otherwise lol. I'm willing to lose the extra exp. Besides I really don't have any characters that I NEED to level.

Also the patience required. Fuck that.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited October 2018
    I normally fuse 5 at a time to start then just merge them while watching something on TV. Might see how much effort it is to record my own. Not really good with Nox's macro recorder lol.

EDIT: I need as many as I can get. While the chamber of XP helps get characters to 110, I have at least 4 or 5 7*'s I'd like to level.

Trajan45 on
    I have an absolutely monstrous Barbariccia on my friend list. Over 1.8k MAG and wearing two of her own STMR.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I have an absolutely monstrous Barbariccia on my friend list. Over 1.8k MAG and wearing two of her own STMR.

User name: Ahab

edited October 2018
    Right, after I get Barbariccia back from expeditions, I'm going to level and pot her fully. Then I'm going to do some trials. Tomorrow, I think.

Unless... When are her enhancements?

[edit] Fuck. No friend units in Chamber of Arms. Lexa...?

TeaSpoon on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

User name: Ahab

Dyar

Shit, I need to do the Ringu boss still.

Woo, I remembered to do this right! So now I have TWO of Rem's tmr plus her fancy new stmr (one rem was already 100% tmr'd).

Now to get with leveling her.

76561197990097905.png
    Nevermind it's dead. Skipped the no LB mission.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Downed Brachium. Turns out I was not swaping out my chainer that had the dark buff so he was doing zero damage and therefore not chaining.

Tiphares on
    How does VotF compare to Olive?

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Ringu boss down! 7* Rem was a great help, both for healing and then for filling the esper gauge!

steam_sig.png
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Got a rare ability on my Mighty Hammer run. With it's passive +HP%, it now has a total of +40% HP and +15% DEF. So any of my tanks that can use hammers have a nice weapon to use.

Zomro wrote: »
    Got a rare ability on my Mighty Hammer run. With it's passive +HP%, it now has a total of +40% HP and +15% DEF. So any of my tanks that can use hammers have a nice weapon to use.

Merc Ramza FTW.

This discussion has been closed.