As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yep, got my first good run on Sledgehammer, 25% HP, 10% Def. I would have preferred SPR but i doubt i’ll get better.

Going to try for HP / MP on frying pan for Zarg. At least till we get swords and katanas back. Virtuous Contact would be great for him.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »
    Got a rare ability on my Mighty Hammer run. With it's passive +HP%, it now has a total of +40% HP and +15% DEF. So any of my tanks that can use hammers have a nice weapon to use.

Merc Ramza FTW.

Wish I had him. But A. Rain and Gladiolus can use it. Probably Gladiolus, as I have Crimson Saber with a decent amount of HP on it. A tad redundant, though, as I have Wilhelm, but having tank options is good.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    No go on Rem's daggers but got a bit better mag% (mag 10% over mag 5%), but did my two magi staffs.
    One for 24% spr, the other for hp 10%, spr 5% Auto-Boost lv4.

Not sure what to do next but that'll be sometime tomorrow. I did spend some lapis runs to level Rem to 120 and Hyoh from 118 to 120. Flying daggers isn't bad!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    How does VotF compare to Olive?

Reddit seems to think he's the best current finisher.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Malphasie 7* acquired with UoC, leveled and mostly potted. Have her at over 1k ATK and 1.5K MAG, can push her higher if I get some better TMRs like Kunshira's (and when Swords and Fists come back to IW). Ran the Wind Zwill Crossblade through IW for some HP to slap on to Viktor so she has a wind chaining partner.

I'm pretty excited to run her through some content. Gonna use her to take on the Venemous Vines trial next time there aren't multiple things competing for my NRG.

Cruor on
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    I don't think I really need Nyx up anymore in week 2 plus he's pretty plentiful, so was going to put Mal back up for a while. If you need killers or something I can switch up gear.

Speaking of, got 27%hp on Nyx's dagger which is good for 47%. I guess def or high tide are also potentially good, but think I'll keep it that way.

ffbe ign: Kas
    I'll be doing the MK event for awhile longer. Zarg needs every LB pot I have (14 King LB pots and 8 normal pots!!), so any little pots will help. And somehow I'm down to 1 T4 Power cryst despite having over 300 T1 and 150 T2.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I think I just need another 70k event currency to get everything I want, which I'm hoping to wrap up today. It would be less, but I have several people with Limit Breaks that I want to level up, so I want to save up for all of those pots.

Yeah, I have all of the cactuars, the specific Moogles for 3-4* bases, and the burst pots left on my list (the 5 1% Moogles too if I get luck with bonus mobs). Thankfully there's not a ton of pressure to get the story event done quickly, the first week is pretty leisurely. Then the cryst mines open up and I get very interested in using my NRG there.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I went ahead and max leveled Rem. She gets a nice stat boost at 120 and I plan on using her a lot for esper/reraise/finisher shenanigans. Not even close to BiS and she's at 11k HP 1.1k MAG and 1k SPR.

I love Rem. She's my first 5 star I pulled when I was doing initial rerolls and she has always been useful in any content.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Spent some money on the store because I wanted some more lapis for Randi and passed the 5* EX ticket... Out comes Mediena! Now do I use my 100% Moogle on her immediately or wait...

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Her TMR gets so much use on my teams.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    urahonky wrote: »
    Spent some money on the store because I wanted some more lapis for Randi and passed the 5* EX ticket... Out comes Mediena! Now do I use my 100% Moogle on her immediately or wait...

You have 7* Barbariccia. Moogle that Quintessence immediately.

Yeah after looking it up I thought it was just 15% mag, but it's actually 30%. Done!

Daggers and hammers in the enhancement dungeon means that I finally got around to doing Vindemiatrix and Tegmine. I may have just been trying to force my latest toy in my parties, but a maxed out Malphasie worked really well for me in those fights. I swapped out Excalibur II for Deathbringer on my Orlandeau so that they can dark chain together, which worked very well for those two bosses since they were both strong to holy. It was a bit of a pain to finish the fights, though, since the app kept crashing. I just have Brachium left now, and I was going to do it to get that crown for Malphaise, but I think I may wait until the app is more stable.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    What have you all been getting from MK? I'm thinking just:
    UoC Ticket
    4* and 3* tickets
    10% moogle
    3* unit moogles
    cactuars
    Maybe Ravus moogles

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2018
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    What have you all been getting from MK? I'm thinking just:
    UoC Ticket
    4* and 3* tickets
    10% moogle
    3* unit moogles
    cactuars
    Maybe Ravus moogles

This plus burst pots to fuse together, Star Quartz even though I have way too many of them already, and potentially the 1% ALL moogles

Cruor on
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I do all the tickets, 1 or 2 equipment pieces (Dual Wield and the accessory this time), and non-maxed big Cactaurs. I'll drop extra currency on the unit specific moogles if they're useful. If I have further currency to burn, trust moogles. The big moogle is a bit much to spend versus farming directly for multiple other TMRs.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I'm still a bit of a pack rat and I clean out a lot of stuff:

-All tickets (5* summon, 4*, and 3*)
    -Event equipment (cane and book)
    -Dual Wield (I'm not sure why, I think I have 6 or so already)
    -All cactuars (syill have to save up a bit more for the 100 gigantuars and 50 king minituars, but I usually wait to get them last just in case I pull someone I want to level)
    -10% trust moogle
    - All specific 5% trust moogles that cost 8k or less
    - All consumable items (they are cheap, and useful for expeditions)
    - All Star Quartz
    - All cheap 5* upgrade materials
    - All limit burst pots (I normally don't get these, but there are Limit Breaks that I want to level up)

I used to be able to get a comparable amount of rewards by the Tuesday after a Mog King event begins, but the extra 150k for for the 5* tickets adds several days to the grind.

Fodina Caestino tip, if you open the gate on Easy, it stays open on Hard.

I'm getting all tickets, moogles, SQ, cactuars, and LB pots. The only addition is the 3 T4 power cryts this round since I have so many bonus units.

Will they ever release any Chocobo Shop items worth spending a lot of SQ on? I've got like 500+ right now with nothing worth buying. Once I hit 600+, I might buy one of the trust moogles.

The next one has a couple niche items, jump damage materia and a MP/MAG accessory. The one after, has some pretty good items. High Tide materia, a katana with Def (Zarg might like), and an accessory with HP+20%, Def/Spr, and equip H shield (Mystea Loves this!).

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I think I have like 1000+ SQ!

steam_sig.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jump accessory sounds ok, send Reberta to the sun instead of the Moon for her jump attack.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Jump accessory sounds ok, send Reberta to the sun instead of the Moon for her jump attack.

Too bad it's only 30% extra damage. 50% minimum would have made it a possible buy.

Once I got the early SQ stuff, I just haven't seen anything worth in my mind to spend it on. So yeah, it keeps collecting. I have no idea if I'll ever get around to spending any of it at this point.

76561197990097905.png
    I'm just letting my SQ accumulate. It doesn't take up any useful item slots and maybe it'll be useful again someday. I know as soon as I spend some they'll announce you need a ton of it to make the next Adventurer VI materia or whatever.

I've found something of use in almost every one. Equip Instrument was great for Tilith, Gauntlets are great for anyone who needs Moogle Plushie, Fury Ring was a great backup for when I needed RoL on someone else. The last 2 have been weak for me, but if you are low on dark resist gear, could be useful. The next one I'll spend on will be Rubiena. I may grab some moogles to get me down towards 500.

damn, wish I had read reddit closer. I guess there was a bug all yesterday where the 2nd round of IW for daggers was paying out tons of high level buffs. Would have saved Holy Wand and Sledgehammer for later if I had known.

edited October 2018
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    damn, wish I had read reddit closer. I guess there was a bug all yesterday where the 2nd round of IW for daggers was paying out tons of high level buffs. Would have saved Holy Wand and Sledgehammer for later if I had known.
    Same... I saw the post this morning too. I usually don't check reddit that often and I wish I had yesterday after maintenance. I will pay more attention on Thursdays from now on.

Tiphares on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    It was a pretty fantastic bug. I actually got Defender's Daggers with HT on round 1, then autoregen 4 on round 2 (the bugged roll). I ended up ditching the Regen for 15% mag, though. Got a lot of other knives set up with 15% boosts.

My Rem is also now at 7*. I haven't used her before, but I'm quite happy to find spots for both her and Ace.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    My internet is down. I'm posting this by tethering my phone. I've wasted so many orbs today. Orbs of all kinds.

edited October 2018
    You've gone from a teaspoon of lost orbs to several tablespoons?

Jakarrd on

76561197990097905.png
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I don't know what that means, but sure.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm I guess I'll use my next 100% Moogle on Mediena to give my TTerra some oomph

Is it worth getting Flame V's if I'm going to use him as a finisher?

edited October 2018
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hmm I guess I'll use my next 100% Moogle on Mediena to give my TTerra some oomph

Is it worth getting Flame V's if I'm going to use him as a finisher?

If you want to use Axes, yes. If you want to use FD, then no reason to Actually no, use it then anyway for his Trust Ability. It ups his counter chances to something like 80%, which can be very helpful for setting up his imperil/Full Charge Stomp. VoTF's TMR can also be useful on other who can use Heavy Armor and Axes, although that's a limited amount of units.

Cruor on
  • lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    What kind of SPR/HP numbers do I need for my Mystea to tank through the light/dark shift on Carbuncle's 3* trial. I mostly do fine until then, but even with Mystea's mitigation/SPR buff, she dies a bunch.

lodger wrote: »
    What kind of SPR/HP numbers do I need for my Mystea to tank through the light/dark shift on Carbuncle's 3* trial. I mostly do fine until then, but even with Mystea's mitigation/SPR buff, she dies a bunch.

I read that as "dies like a bitch" and I was like "damn bro".

This discussion has been closed.