As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hey y'all, what's your favorite "gay bop?" Something like, say, Born This Way by Lady Gaga, or Single Ladies by Beyonce. Maybe I Wanna Dance With Somebody. You know what I'm talking about.

For me, Cher's Believe is probably right up near the top.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i have a lot, like, all I listen to is stereotypicallly gay music, but whispers ᶦ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʷᵃᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ ᵍᵒ

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    i have a lot, like, all I listen to is stereotypicallly gay music, but whispers ᶦ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʷᵃᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ ᵍᵒ

well i hope you're not plannin' on goin' solo because that's a great answer and i hadn't, in my shame, considered Wham!

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Psylocke is bi, also.
    Like, the British lady or the Asian lady?

Isn't that the same person in different bodies?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Psylocke is bi, also.

I think they split them back up again, so that is why I asked.

sig.gif
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Hey y'all, what's your favorite "gay bop?" Something like, say, Born This Way by Lady Gaga, or Single Ladies by Beyonce. Maybe I Wanna Dance With Somebody. You know what I'm talking about.

I've always felt strongly that "I Think We're Alone Now" is actually a gay love song without being explicit about it. It does make me happy to listen to it though.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Also, I don't think I've introduced myself to this edition of the thread, so might as well since it's National Coming Out Day and all that:

I'm Kris, cis GWM, single, occasionally and currently bearded, living in beautiful San Diego. Have definitely appreciated this thread as both a place to vent and a place to learn.

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

A bit different but for me it's probably this album of manic eurobeat covers of some VG music. Like, it's not especially 'gay bop', but it'd get the same reaction from my work colleague bros.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL25C0H9vVw

Let's go on living our lives heroically, with style.
    (Just a long long time)
    And even if the two of us should be separated,
    (Let go of me)
    Take my revolution.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Psylocke is bi, also.
    They're the same lady. British lady was put in Asian lady's body because Chris Claremont had a fetish.

God, how many X-men stories could be explained this way? I mean, Storm's punk makeover (assuming the rumors of him hiring prostitutes to dress up as her have any validity), all the Hellfire Club stuff (yes I know it's also a historical reference), and now this.

Edit: I'm not saying any of it was bad necessarily, just laughing at how much inspiration seemed to come from a particular author's private hang-ups.
    Psylocke is bi, also.

I think they split them back up again, so that is why I asked.

Of course they did, because it wasn't weird enough yet. :P

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Utena is the grand dame of gay anime

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hah all right we got 6 people on the call but it was also just made from people who had happened to reach out, not a company-wise advertised thing or anything. I am sure there are more.
    Still, awesome! We’re trying to figure out what exactly we’re going for/whether or how to advertise/who to open it to, etc.
    Somehow in maybe a year I’ve gone from someone who wouldn’t really even say their identity out loud and would not disclose anything at work to looking for trans meetups and just telling people I meet that yes I’m male despite the whole voice thing. This is... pretty good!
    (Also the voice thing...well. It’s not getting much lower exactly, but that might be because I’m used to speaking in a certain register. It is having /issues/ with my usual upper range, so something is going on with my vocal cords for sure. I was singing some of my standbys on Rock Band and was like...oh wow oh no I cannot hit these high notes any more and my voice legit cracks when I try to do so; how completely mortifying!)(but also expected, good sign that hormones are doing their job).

This is all so rad--am very happy for you!

I am hoping things go as well 90-ish days from now when I kick things off at my new job. First few days were promising with HR walkthroughs going over how to set preferred names and pronouns in the company systems, seeing a few gender non-conforming people on the elevator, and prominent display of the internal quiltbag network on the intranet.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if anyone says the hellfire club is a historical thing before they say it's a pervy thing they are in the tank

liEt3nH.png
    edited October 2018
    @I needed a gnome to post. Agreed.

Oh, hey, who is that kissing Juri Han in your sig image?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    famous street fighter character mileena

liEt3nH.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

It's a weird one but Lonely Island's Spring Break Anthem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUw4Qh9uFK8

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited October 2018
    Edit: nevermind, too off topic

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the link, they're a cool artist, though I'm personally more of a fan of Juri with Poison:
    qs5rkjldc5qz.jpg
    ieddd192p2bb.jpg

I know if they ever officially paired Juri with one of the other SF women it'd probably be Cammy or one of the dolls given her complicated history with them (or Rose for extra irony), but I like the idea of the two bad girls teaming up.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular

'Cherry Lips' or 'Androgyny' by Garbage.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

It's a weird one but Lonely Island's Spring Break Anthem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUw4Qh9uFK8

Spring break anthem is 100% my favorite gay song

2x39jD4.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Village People, 100% unironically.

YL9WnCY.png
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »

It's amazing how well the earnest plea to seek help and hope comes through in YMCA when it's applied to a swelling soundtrack score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsoCe7C4Kmk

edited October 2018
    I can't hear Time without thinking of that SFM animation of Arin Hanson's freakout during the Game Grumps' playthrough of Sonic 2006.

Still, that was pretty cool.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited October 2018
    pimento wrote: »
    Sterica wrote: »

It's amazing how well the earnest plea to seek help and hope comes through in YMCA when it's applied to a swelling soundtrack score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsoCe7C4Kmk

The village people made excellent music and disco is fun.

If you don't get down on YMCA and In The Navy you're probably some kinda space Martian

Edit: disco is is gay culture

Metzger Meister on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    If I were gay this would be my anthem

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ksq6sgAsNOQ

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    edited October 2018

Would Kylie Minogue count? Her Fever album is pretty much disco. It's been a while since I've listened to it, so I can't say off the top of my head which track is my favorite, but it's all pretty great if you like that sound.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Would Kylie Minogue count? Her Fever album is practically disco. It's been a while since I've listened to it, so I can't say off the top of my head which track is my favorite, but it's all pretty great if you like that sound.

Kylie's been popular in the gay community forever.

Top 3:
    1. something off of Kylie Minogue's Fever album
    2. Right Said Fred Don't Talk, Just Kiss
    3. Real McCoy Another Night

camo_sig2-400.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Would Kylie Minogue count? Her Fever album is practically disco. It's been a while since I've listened to it, so I can't say off the top of my head which track is my favorite, but it's all pretty great if you like that sound.

Kylie's been popular in the gay community forever.

Yeah, there is a reason she's the queen of the gay forest in Galavant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sB6Wu-dwENM

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/63vqob-MljQ

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Brilliant video, too!

Kylie was also the Green Fairy in Moulin Rouge, so she's Important

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    That is an EXCELLENT Michel Gondry video, and an excellent Kylie song.

Janelle Monae's 'Make Me Feel' is pretty cool, too. And Stronger Than You, from Steven Universe. >_>

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    My gay anthem changes every year. I can wholeheartedly agree that I've listened to everything from Erasure (A Little Respect will always be my in-the-shower-no-ones-home song) to Kylie Minogue, to Cher, to Gaga, and a lot of stuff in between.

I used to go to the retro 80's nightclub a bunch when I was first out and single. Good times. All that Whitney Houston, Tina Turner, Depeche Mode, and every one-hit wonder. And then you'd know when certain songs came on, that the DJ was either taking a long bathroom break, or getting blown in the booth.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    YMCA is my jam. But does that count? I have never known a person to not like YMCA.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    My current trans girl anthem is Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld, but tbh anything by Hayley Kiyoko is gold(I love Feelings and Into the Blue)

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I keep getting Boy Named Sue stuck in my head, so I've mentally rewritten it to be about a trans dude.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Definitely all of Hayley Kiyoko yes

Speaking of which, I’m gonna wear my Hayley shirt tomorrow when I go to my first Pride event!

I’m....super anxious about it actually but hopefully it goes well

This discussion has been closed.