As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    imo this song has a powerful queer energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    it's probably the driving synths

it is known that driving synths are extremely gay

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Because my subconscious hates me I've been getting The Who's "I'm a Boy" stuck in my head a bunch recently, but I've managed to rewire it into "I'm a Girl" so jokes on... well me I guess.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I really like M83, I thought it was awesome they put the entire 'Junk' album up on youtube to listen to for free.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I learned a new word: Skoliosexual, which i am to understand means attraction to non-cis people exclusively?

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    It’s not something I’d classify as a bop or an anthem—and it definitely shows my age, since I remember when the record came out—but Rainer Maria’s Hell or High Water (https://genius.com/Rainer-maria-hell-and-high-water-lyrics) is definitely a trans person’s song. One which I am assuming Kaia Fischer had a big hand in writing. Kind of funny how I always liked it in a completely oblivious way for so long.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I learned a new word: Skoliosexual, which i am to understand means attraction to non-cis people exclusively?

Incidentally, is that what the 'pan' in pansexual is for? I didn't quite get what the distinction was from bisexual (like, is there any significant percentage of people who identify as bi that don't feel attraction towards non-cis people?), but I suppose that would make sense.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Incidentally, is that what the 'pan' in pansexual is for? I didn't quite get what the distinction was from bisexual (like, is there any significant percentage of people who identify as bi that don't feel attraction towards non-cis people?), but I suppose that would make sense.

There isn't a real solid distinction. Some people prefer pan because it's more immediately obvious that you mean "unbound by gender identity" and you can avoid arguments about how bi is inclusive and shit but really it just boils down to what word you're more comfortable with

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I flip between bi and pan

Keep my enemies on their toes

edited October 2018
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

There isn't a real solid distinction. Some people prefer pan because it's more immediately obvious that you mean "unbound by gender identity" and you can avoid arguments about how bi is inclusive and shit but really it just boils down to what word you're more comfortable with

Okay, that helps, thanks. I guess since I'm still not really sure whether I consider myself bi (more like 1.5-sexual :P ) it's a bit of a moot point for me.
    I flip between bi and pan

Keep my enemies on their toes

Hah, awesome.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Huh

If you’d asked me I’d guess it meant attraction to people with lateral spinal curvatures

fuck gendered marketing
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Early My Chemical Romance feels very gay anthemy

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

Johnny Cab from Total Recall

is now my gay icon

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    This is a very queer anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqz5WGNfiSw

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I really liked this song for transition related themeing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7AwrSBiXcA

This one I also just like a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjpuw1xutRI

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

Heckin' love me some synth work. Been digging on Makeup And Vanity Set for a while and Perturbator more recently.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

Heckin' love me some synth work. Been digging on Makeup And Vanity Set for a while and Perturbator more recently.

Going to add Pilotpriest to that recommendation list.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Around here we just call them chasers.

YL9WnCY.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Ah jeez, a friend of a friend has a teenage son, and I remember like 5 years ago at a bbq her and her husband laughing about totally gay their son was, and I mean he was like, 9 or 10 at the time so they didn't pressure him to identify any which way, but they had already made it clear that whoever he loved was OK with them.

So today she posted this on facebook with her son's permission and ahhhhh it's so fucking sweet it made me tear up a little
    1oxxxfcuy0ve.jpg

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I didn't know that gay banjo was something that was missing from my life, but now I do and now it no longer is!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Oh also I guess I should maintain my kpop nerd brand, this song on my playlist is verrry gay.

https://youtu.be/I0gDCmVuwME

Though you kinda need the full translation to tell how much
    ...They also released a mashup of their song with Shape of You while retaining the pronouns, juuuust in case the queer text of their song wasn't clear enough already.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    that mashup was awesome!!!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Early My Chemical Romance feels very gay anthemy

all mcr is for the gays

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Carly Rae Jepsen is also p. good

praying to all the moon goddesses that's she'll come out as bi, one day, but I'm sure I'll survive if she isn't

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Pride was a bust for me

Just not my scene at all

My toes still look cute at least

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

It's cool because those horns can be repurposed for when you cosplay your trollsona.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

It's cool because those horns can be repurposed for when you cosplay your trollsona.

But I amn't a homestick!

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    All emo music is gay I don't make the rules.

I CHIME IN WITH A HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARS OF

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Pride was a bust for me

Just not my scene at all

I'm sorry it wasn't your thing! I hope you weren't overly uncomfortable.

But your toes are pretty cute.

Pride was a bust for me

Just not my scene at all

Thank you!

I was just as uncomfortable as I am at any other big gathering of people, which is to say, a lot

I’m just not a party person, and the solution to that issue is not, apparently, “just fill the party with queer people”

In fact it made me feel more uncomfortable because I had his sinking feeling of “ugh, I should be feeling like I fit in here, I should be able to let loose and have fun, but I’m not”

It was just a depressing day really

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eK9ZXf-Ow

this is also a gay bop.

because i say so.

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Pride was a bust for me

Just not my scene at all

Thank you!

I was just as uncomfortable as I am at any other big gathering of people, which is to say, a lot

I’m just not a party person, and the solution to that issue is not, apparently, “just fill the party with queer people”

In fact it made me feel more uncomfortable because I had his sinking feeling of “ugh, I should be feeling like I fit in here, I should be able to let loose and have fun, but I’m not”

Unfortunately a lot of queer spaces can be by default pretty unwelcoming to those of us who don't deal well with lots of noise, or crowds, flashing lights etc. This can be especially the case for neurodivergent people, a lot of whom tend to be queer!

Where are the queer book clubs, tea parties, and baking groups?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Pride was a bust for me

Just not my scene at all

Thank you!

As somebody who is also not a party person or even a gathering of humans more than 5 person, you are far braver than I for even going and trying.

And good on you for recognizing that it wasn't the right space, instead of trying to force yourself to think you liked it.

I"m sorry it sucked! But I am still super jealous of your toes.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Blitzgay bop

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pride was a bust for me

Just not my scene at all

Thank you!

Unfortunately a lot of queer spaces can be by default pretty unwelcoming to those of us who don't deal well with lots of noise, or crowds, flashing lights etc. This can be especially the case for neurodivergent people, a lot of whom tend to be queer!

Where are the queer book clubs, tea parties, and baking groups?

There's a Hannah Gatsby bit about that.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I mean personally I don't think there's anything wrong with not liking parties. I hate em.

This discussion has been closed.