As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

19495969798100»

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Man I spent so many damn orbs trying to get Kagero. Stupid green is the worst damn color.... so many circles with no greens or like, one.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I spent all my orbs (129) and came out with Myrrh and Niles. Seems decent enough.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i spent 25 or so and got a crummy brave lyn.

Thinking i will actually just give swift sparrow to someone since that skill is always in demand
    seems better than the merge

camo_sig.png
    Oh, and Silas got demoted with Steady Stance 3 at 4* so wooooo. I only managed to pull one of him though T_T Gonna be hype though for inheriting Steady Breath + Aether in one go without eating a Shiro :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Man I spent so many damn orbs trying to get Kagero. Stupid green is the worst damn color.... so many circles with no greens or like, one.

It feels rotten when you get a circle with no green, but it's still the color that's statistically cheapest to find a 5* focus unit it. It's mathematically the best color for sniping and it being terrible is in your head.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012

It feels rotten when you get a circle with no green, but it's still the color that's statistically cheapest to find a 5* focus unit it. It's mathematically the best color for sniping and it being terrible is in your head.

Theoretically but when you get several circles in a row without a single green orb, it kinda isn't :P Also I pulled like a ton of green pity breakers - flying Nino, Julia, Brave Ephraim... *sigh*

It definitely feels rotten. No contesting that. Red is statistically the worst to snipe, but it still feels good because each orb gives you that spark of excitement and at least your duds contain a respectable amount of useful skill fodder.

3DS Friend Code:
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Still hoarding waiting for laguz.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    It definitely feels rotten. No contesting that. Red is statistically the worst to snipe, but it still feels good because each orb gives you that spark of excitement and at least your duds contain a respectable amount of useful skill fodder.

I think you mean "releases the dopamine that modern game companies make so much money off of".

edited October 2018
    Ok game, you are mostly forgiven for making me spend so much on Kagero. I was trying for another Niles since I wanted to inherit his link skill on Lucina and the one I got was kind of bleh IVs (not bad, but like, -DEF/+RES).
    k6wpzdwzyxz6.png

This was like a 3.50% pity rate I think, maybe 3.75%... This one was +DEF/-HP which is think is probably better. Also Kagero god IVs with +ATK/-SPD. Of course after I just leveled the last one up. Haha. Olivia +ATK/-HP which may be better than my current one, I gotta check what she is.

P.S. - just based on my time leveling her, Kagero seems super good. She was struggling with the red armors in the training map, but she murdered everything else. And she debuffs everyone. That's pretty great for an armor.

Warlock82 on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, broke on orbs but I got a Myrhh from a set with no green or colorless.

I really want Mia though. Dragon emblem upgrades are nice but still...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I tossed all of my 70 orbs into the pot for Mia. So far, 4% pity rate and nothing else! I figure I'll go until the rate resets, then save for the legendary banner. It's been a while since I've been willing to hit a non-legendary or brave banner for a unit, but a flying healer seems like such a good one to try for!

Ardor wrote: »
    I tossed all of my 70 orbs into the pot for Mia. So far, 4% pity rate and nothing else! I figure I'll go until the rate resets, then save for the legendary banner. It's been a while since I've been willing to hit a non-legendary or brave banner for a unit, but a flying healer seems like such a good one to try for!

Yeah, her staff is pretty nuts too. Being able to AOE reset everyone's special is a bit OP, especially on a lot of the harder GHB/etc type maps where they just start everyone off with an already queued special to make them annoying.

• IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    Went for kagero used 40 orbs got her - hp +res so pretty good. sadly i didn't get flora so maid arena team is a fail for now. wait is there another maid or does it have to be jacob.

I need more orbs the recent banner have been brutal to my stash. need to get mia or myrrh
    also We hit 100 pages!

edited October 2018
    Illieas wrote: »
    Went for kagero used 40 orbs got her - hp +res so pretty good. sadly i didn't get flora so maid arena team is a fail for now. wait is there another maid or does it have to be jacob.

I need more orbs the recent banner have been brutal to my stash. need to get mia or myrrh
    also We hit 100 pages!

IIRC I believe Felicia and Flora are the only other maids right now, besides this Kagero. To be honest, these will probably be the only ones for awhile too since Felicia and Flora were the only maids in Fates which is the only game to have that as a class (I'm pretty sure anyways... I know the Awakening equivalent was Trickster). So unless they do more stuff like they did with Kagero here (i.e. some kind of seasonal maid, or I suppose Felicia or Flora as a seasonal hero), we aren't likely to see a lot more IMO.

Warlock82 on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    80 something orbs, no 5*s

steam_sig.png
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    80 something orbs, no 5*s

Ditto, although I got enough additional Tikis to finish her +10 (with a few more feathers)

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Briefly thought that maybe Abyssal Robin would be the one to break flier emblem's streak, but turns out Myrrh just needed a little boost to not get ignis'd, and in turn killed one and critically injured 4 out of 5 remaining on their turn, making clean up pretty easy. That Wings of Mercy I threw on Cordelia for some specific reason a little while back and forgot about came in handy for the final blow on the last enemy whose special would have finished Myrrh.

Fliers OP.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    img_20181011.png

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh good, a Tempest Trial banner. Glad they're doing all the Myrrh banners right after I blew my savings. I guess the banner I did get to pull her on wasn't too long ago, so I can't really complain...

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    New tap battle has a pretty good Halloween accessory in one of the early levels.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Someone send help I actually pulled Laevatein and I love this statline and design oh nooooo.

I am a sucker for girl swords

I am a sucker for tanky bois

she is a girl tanky sword bois oh nooo

Oh snap, the next free 4* hero is Berkut. I will take that!

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Ok Michaelis must have been sick of all those solo videos people made about his infernal version. Abyssal seems brutal so far. Refined Hauteclare, massive flier buffs, and his precharged AOE special... Not to mention lunge and drag back everywhere to screw over baiting!

Acheron wrote: »
    Ok Michaelis must have been sick of all those solo videos people made about his infernal version. Abyssal seems brutal so far. Refined Hauteclare, massive flier buffs, and his precharged AOE special... Not to mention lunge and drag back everywhere to screw over baiting!

Oh god I almost forgot to do this.

Sooooo... Halloween Mia trivializes the shit out of this. Haha.. "Oh, Michaelis, you have a special charged? Get rekt!"

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I was up over 4% on the spooky banner and got broken by a Katarina :bigfrown:

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Damn it, why did I break my policy of not checking IVs of heroes I only have one of. I lucked into a Halloween Myrrh pretty early and it turns out she's +Spd.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Well if it helps, Speed's a superboon so that helps her arena score.

...Unless, of course, she were also -Def.

Dr. Flamingo on
    edited October 2018
    IV's don't really matter much outside of speed banes because doubling or being doubled is serious business. Missing a few points in other stats very rarely changes your good matchups into bad matchups.

She's still a monstrous unit and will kick ass at whatever PvE content that you throw her at. If you intended for her to carry you into high level arena, then you're going to need to roll more copies of her just for merges because it will be arena scoring and not combat performance holding you back, and one of the extra copies will likely have better IVs.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Pulling red on the Halloween banner got me Gray. Ok, Sword Valor is pretty useful, but the hunt for Myrrh continues.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »

Oh god I almost forgot to do this.

Sooooo... Halloween Mia trivializes the shit out of this. Haha.. "Oh, Michaelis, you have a special charged? Get rekt!"

galeforce +10 Cordelia and her flying/buffing dancers have trivialized all the infernal GHBs thus far for me

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    After I hit that 4.5% pity rate, finally got Halloween Mia! -Hp, +res which is fine, I just wanted the hero.

Now to save up orbs. I should really wait until I have at least 100 before pulling for units. That way I'll hopefully not have to dive into orb hunting after I fail to get a unit.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Halloween rerun is pretty uninteresting for me. Here's to hoping new units in about a week are interesting, as I've been hoarding both orbs AND feathers waiting for a new project.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Did they make a point of saying that they got rid of the level requirements for promotion? Seems like you no longer need to be lvl 20

camo_sig.png
    That happened with the introduction of combat manuals.

3DS Friend Code: