As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

South 2019 Room Shares - READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
Post here if you are looking to share your room, or looking for a room to share. Please keep your posts up to date!

YOU MAY NOT POST HERE TO TRADE ROOM SPACE FOR BADGES.

You get ONE post in this thread per UNIQUE room share situation. Do not re-post your offer/request. Re-posts will be deleted if not pre-approved by moderation staff.

If you need to modify your post and cannot edit it yourself (accounts below a certain participation threshold), PM me and I will make the edit for you. Not having permission to edit is not a valid excuse for re-posting.

If you *really* think you have a good reason to post for a second time, PM me first.

This is not a discussion thread; ONLY POSTS IN THE DESCRIBED FORMATS BELOW WILL BE ALLOWED.

If you have a room and want to fill space, use this format:

----

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

----

I will occasionally cull posts from the thread that have been struck out or marked as no longer valid. I will try to do this as necessary, but there will not be a hard schedule for this purpose. This will mean that there should not be a wall of inactive posts to sift through in order to find active ones. Also it means that if someone had a post that was culled from early on, they can freely re-post it later if things went south. If you abuse this, your ability to post in this thread will be revoked entirely.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Red Roof Inn Plus Downtown
    Total Cost: $216 per person
    Date Arriving: 1/17/19 THURSDAY
    Date Leaving: 1/21/19 MONDAY
    Number of Spots Available: 1 Bed [OPEN] (it's a two bed room)
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: No restriction
    Best Contact Method: Forum PM or email at authorfrost13@yahoo.com

Additional Notes/Requests: Please be able to pay your half prior to the event. Preferably before the holidays.

Madican on
  • GonzerGonzer Registered User new member
    edited October 2018
    NEED SPACE

Date Arriving: 1/16/19
    Date Leaving: 1/21/19
    Spots Needed: 1
    Your Gender: No Preferences
    Best Contact Method: E-mail (lattimore11@yahoo.com)

Gonzer on
  • ColdguyColdguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 1/20
    Date Leaving: 1/21 (aka Sunday to Monday)
    Spots Needed: 1
    Your Gender: Don't Care
    Best Contact Method: email at therealcoldguy@gmail.com or phone at 215-715-0260

Additional Notes: I am staying in the Contessa until Sunday but flying out Monday. So looking to do an overnight on Sunday til Monday but have space open in room until Sunday for 2 additional people

Coldguy on
  • ColdguyColdguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Contessa
    Total Cost: 194/person
    Date Arriving: 1/17/2019
    Date Leaving: 1/20/2019
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    Best Contact Method: email at therealcoldguy@gmail.com or phone at 215-715-0260

Additional Notes: I am staying in the Contessa until Sunday but flying out Monday. So looking to do an overnight on Sunday til Monday but have space open in room until Sunday for 2 additional people (see above post).

Coldguy on
  • DragonDragon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Grand Hyatt
    Total Cost: 550
    Date Arriving: 1/18/2019
    Date Leaving: 1/20/2019
    Bed 1 - TAKEN ($250/250 total)
    Floor 1 - AVAILABLE ($175 total)
    Floor 2 - AVAILABLE ($175 total)
    My Gender: F
    Best Contact Method: Text 360-610-1607 and I will occasionally check here

Additional Notes: Payment received 2 weeks prior to secure spot. Not a party room, dont care if you snore....just a fun hang out spot to sleep and enjoy PAX!!

Dragon on
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Airbnb (3bed house within 1-mi of convention center)
    Total Cost: $190-$75pp - this all depends on how many people we get and if you want one of the bedrooms (private), or prefer the couch (not private)
    Date Arriving: 1/17/2019
    Date Leaving: 1/20/2019 (can extend to Monday if need be, however cost for extra day will be spilt between anyone remaining for that last night)
    Number of Spots Available: 4
    Bed 1 - AVAILABLE
    Bed 2 - AVAILABLE
    Couch 1 - AVAILABLE
    Couch 2 - AVAILABLE
    My Gender: M and F
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: forums or kpl153@yahoo.com

Additional Notes/Requests: This will be our second South, however we are veterans of East and West. We are a couple, mid 40's, this is not a party house but there may be some drinking but nothing over the top. We are LBGQT friendly. Small deposit will be required to hold your spot with final payment due two weeks in advance. There are 3bedrooms (w/queen size beds) in this place, we will be in one so the other two are open as well as couch space. We will work out the numbers based on who wants what, but will be capping it at 6 people total. Also the cost is the total for all three nights, not per night.

ClannMorgan on
  • BurntTheWafflesBurntTheWaffles Registered User new member
    edited November 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
    Hotel Address: 303 Blum St, San Antonio, TX 78205
    Age Preferences: 21+
    Gender Preference: None, all genders welcome. LBGQT friendly
    Total Cost: $168.00 per person
    Deposit: $50.00 (This is due to reserve your spot in the hotel. $168.00-$50.00=$118.00 will be due upon check in.)
    Date Arriving: Thursday January 17, 2018 (I will arrive to check into the hotel around 7-8PM)
    Date Leaving: Monday January 21, 2018 (Check out will be around 1PM or earlier)
    Number of Spots Available: 1 (Spot will be on the Queen bed, you will be sharing this with another person)
    Max room capacity: 5 (We will not be over crowding this room. Everyone will be given a key card upon check in)
    My Gender: Female
    Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests: We will have liquor, thus the age preference. We will not be having any room parties. Smoking must be done outside the hotel and drugs are not allowed.

If you have any questions please reach out to my email, or text. You are not guaranteed a spot until the deposit is paid. I accept Paypal & Zelle.

zerzhul on
  • TheCvgun123TheCvgun123 Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 01/17/19
    Date Leaving:01/21/19
    Spots Needed:1
    My Gender:male
    Your Gender: doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: here or email me at wulfdrizzt123@yahoo.com

Additional Notes: as a heads up ive been told im a heavy snorer also some nights I may come in late after hangouts with friends. Don't mind sleeping on floor also looking for something under $300

• AshTRAshTR Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk (It's the one right across the street from the HBGCC)
    Total Cost: $679.49 (Looking to split between 4 people, which means you pay $169.88)
    Date Arriving: 01/17
    Date Leaving: 01/19
    Number of Spots Available: 3
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: No preference, but will seek to keep bed partners to same sex
    Best Contact Method: Twitter is the absolute best place under same username, but Discord at AshTR#0001 also works.

Will be preferring people that are 21+. I usually bring liquor to cons that I can drive to since I live in Austin. Also have no problem with a rideshare from Austin as well if you're on the way.
    ----

AshTR on
    zEjfyle.png
  • PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: SAN ANTONIO MARRIOTT RIVERCENTER
    Total Cost: ($500/per 1/2 bed space each)
    Date Arriving: 16th Wednesday
    Date Leaving: 22th Tuesday
    Number of Spots Available: 5
    My Gender male
    Your Gender: any
    Best Contact Method:

Twitter: S_Sagura
    Facebook: Shinji Seo Sagura
    Phone/text: removed
    Pinny arcade forum: PM

Distance:
    0.1 miles (0.16km) from convention center

Notes: No preference on age or gender; this is a all-inclusive all accepting room. NO smoking/drug(s) in the room. Ear plugs will be provided. I have done this a few times and would like people that are responsible and respectful.

Cost is the same regardless of duration.

Deposit to secure your spot is $50. If you can’t do a deposit; it will be tentative. Payment through PayPal, others accepted just ask.

zerzhul on
    PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Kingdom1232Kingdom1232 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: AirBnB Home (Location will be revealed only to people who have paid.)
    Total Cost: $615÷6= $110 per Person
    Date Arriving: Jan 17 (Thursday)
    Date Leaving: Jan 21 (Monday)
    Number of Spots Available: 4
    Your Gender: Male or Female
    Best Contact Method: Discord- Kingdom1232#7983 (Primary) & Email- Kingdom1232@gmail.com (Secondary). Best not to contact though here I don't really check here that often.

Partial Payment will be required to ensure your spot.
    This home is 2 Miles from the Con Center, only a 5-10 minute car ride.
    Do have a slight problem with snoring but since there are 2 bedrooms we can work around that.
    This home is not suitable for impromptu large groups or parties.

Here is a Document expanding on the Additional Notes section of this ad: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t0LB5rz4wNAu8DwIvcZukyQyV0k71aFTbIWi0tVs7rQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edit 1 12/14/18: Update- Looking to get a larger home if 3 or 4 people (Aside from myself and one other) decide to join this. Updates in the Document above.
    Edit 2 12/17/18: Major Update- Have a new home completely and been contacted by several people already. Updated the Document and Listing

This is no more space is this arrangement as of 12/17/18

Kingdom1232 on
    sKqlM9D.png
  • StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    Hotel: Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk
    207 N. St. Mary's Street
    San Antonio TX 78205
    Total Cost: $549.89 split equally
    Date Arriving: Jan 17 (Thursday)
    Date Leaving: Jan 20 (Sunday)
    Number of Spots Available: 3 1 bed 2 floor
    Best Contact Method: PM
    Partial Payment will be required to ensure your spot. this is not a party room it is primarily for sleeping and bathing. also i tend to get in around 4-6am on thursday and check in so if your getting there early thursday let me know and i can get you in.

• AthexAthex Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Holiday Inn Downtown (Market Square)
    Total Cost: $175 for one person, or $200 total for 2 people (100 per)
    Date Arriving: Jan 17th
    Date Leaving: Jan 20th
    Number of Spots Available:1 Queen Bed for one or two people
    Your Gender: Any

I will probably be checking in Thursday around 3pm or 4pm but could be earlier. I plan to uber/lyft to pax south in the mornings/back in the evenings
    I plan to checkout at around 8AM or so on Sunday, and check my bags at the front desk for later

This isn't a party room, its basically for resting/sleeping for Pax South.

To hold the spot I need $50 down with the rest due by the time you arrive.

Athex on
    hfXqQx4.png
  • LBSOCHRONICLBSOCHRONIC Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:1/18/2019
    Date Leaving:1/20/2019
    Spots Needed:1
    My Gender:male
    Best Contact Method:twigart@gmail.com

Additional Notes: definitely ok with a party room

• Darksolstice99Darksolstice99 Registered User regular
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Wyndham La Cascada
    Total Cost: $250 per spot
    Date Arriving: 1/18/2019
    Date Leaving: 1/21/2019
    Number of Spots Available: 2 (If you have an Airmatress we can do more but there are two bed spots left)
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: You can email me at Darksolstice1379@gmail.com.

Additional Notes/Requests: This is for sure a party room but we do sleep eventually. We prefer over 21 as there will be alcohol in the room as well as the average age already being over 21. This is a 4 bedroom (1 Sleeper Sofa) Penthouse Condo with full kitchen and so far we have 8 people staying with us so please be comfortable meeting new people. While introverts are always welcome and we're very accommodating it can get rowdy and loud at times! Plus there are only two twin beds and both have been called for so you would have to be comfortable sharing a bed with someone else.

This is the floor plan of the room:
    id6iixkjfqj8.gif

So as I was saying there are two slots left for beds but we have room for far more if we need to expand a little bit!

This discussion has been closed.