As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I was in rural Tuscany for a wedding last week, and nestled in the surrounding woodland was this cheery place:

h0bz70gnuo4r.jpg
    ikc8p582t9ne.jpg
    imvhgvi5qiu9.jpg
    fhd8jqs8veny.jpg

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Congratulations, you're haunted!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    did you have a wedding at a cemetary

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Did you read the latin out loud?

• Options
    We made sure to leave by the same door we entered, lest we became trapped in an alternate dimension / the past

I also checked the epitaphs on the way out and they weren't any of ours, so I think I'm good

I did wonder if we were being followed by the lady in the third picture, as she cropped up a few times after that in roadside shrines and frescoes. Sure, the obvious explanation is that Italy has loads of pictures of the Virgin Mary everywhere, but what if she was actually a vengeful demon trying to reach out to us through paintings? I never checked that other people were seeing the same people in the paintings...

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

I am rewatching Cabin In The Woods right this second.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options

Oh shit, I thought it was just Italian

Nooooo

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

I am rewatching Cabin In The Woods right this second.

It is so great how that film is a metaphor for horror writing.

• Options
    I was in rural Tuscany for a wedding last week, and nestled in the surrounding woodland was this cheery place:

h0bz70gnuo4r.jpg
    ikc8p582t9ne.jpg
    imvhgvi5qiu9.jpg
    fhd8jqs8veny.jpg

Was it just sitting there all open?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Hard to trap the souls of the willing when it's locked up

• Options
    There are those elves in Iceland.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    So here's a weird thing that's going on, the FBI has shut down the National Solar Observatory and local post office in Sunspot, New Mexico citing a "security concern" and they're not offering any information to locals or local law enforcement. They've been shut down for a week. The FBI brought out helicopters and shit for this situation.

https://www.kvia.com/news/new-mexico/national-solar-observatory-usps-office-in-sunspot-nm-evacuated-for-safety-reasons-/792020771

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    There are those elves in Iceland.

You need to go to school to spot them
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hynTXE2dZao

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    So here's a weird thing that's going on, the FBI has shut down the National Solar Observatory and local post office in Sunspot, New Mexico citing a "security concern" and they're not offering any information to locals or local law enforcement. They've been shut down for a week. The FBI brought out helicopters and shit for this situation.

https://www.kvia.com/news/new-mexico/national-solar-observatory-usps-office-in-sunspot-nm-evacuated-for-safety-reasons-/792020771

The sun has finally been captured. It is officially fall!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's not even that creepy of a shed!
    Thats how its been in past creepy threads. The mythology/nostalgia has been built up so much around it that the actual pictures cant compete and it literally is just a shed in the woods.

I use to have nightmares about that shed when I was a teenager. In my dreams it was way creepier.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm more DHMIS? On the one hand I really liked it so I'm glad there may be more! On the other it sort of worked best as this weird thing with no explanation that was just left hanging.

• Options

h0bz70gnuo4r.jpg
    ikc8p582t9ne.jpg
    imvhgvi5qiu9.jpg
    fhd8jqs8veny.jpg

Yep. There were chairs inside so my theory is that it was a chapel for the nearby farm and its workers back in the day, as opposed to a tomb

When the spirit that latched onto us apparatus, I'll ask it

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    More eerie than spooky, but two weeks of steroid meds for sciatica with the accompanying lack of sleep hit me last night.

Dream was that I was encased in some sort of survival armor suit with no memory on a strange planet. There was what looked like a settlement, homes, shops, habitation stuff, with a bunch of what looked like more recent defensive structures dropped in. All kinds of signs of battle, craters, scorch marks, upturned soil, gouges on the defenses. Didn't know how I got there, or why, or where anyone else was. After what felt like days, finally start to hear some noise, it's some kids, been in hiding.

They're scared of my armor, which I finally get a look at in a pool of rain water and yeah I look like a war beast, and I can't figure out how to take it off. I try to mime things to them, and we start playing hide and seek a bit, they start to trust me. I find us a shuttle, get it working, and we take off, heading for the origin point of where the shuttle came from. Drop out of FTL, planet is partially obscured by a gas cloud, but it has rings, looks terrestrial, open comms and this weird fluctuating static is all we get-

Sudden scene change, I'm in my car here on Earth, picking Nuka up from work, when nukes fall on Tacoma and the submarine base in Bremerton. So we're smack in the middle between two nuclear impacts and I'm trying to pull into an underground parking garage when *blastwave*

• Options
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    More eerie than spooky, but two weeks of steroid meds for sciatica with the accompanying lack of sleep hit me last night.

Dream was that I was encased in some sort of survival armor suit with no memory on a strange planet. There was what looked like a settlement, homes, shops, habitation stuff, with a bunch of what looked like more recent defensive structures dropped in. All kinds of signs of battle, craters, scorch marks, upturned soil, gouges on the defenses. Didn't know how I got there, or why, or where anyone else was. After what felt like days, finally start to hear some noise, it's some kids, been in hiding.

They're scared of my armor, which I finally get a look at in a pool of rain water and yeah I look like a war beast, and I can't figure out how to take it off. I try to mime things to them, and we start playing hide and seek a bit, they start to trust me. I find us a shuttle, get it working, and we take off, heading for the origin point of where the shuttle came from. Drop out of FTL, planet is partially obscured by a gas cloud, but it has rings, looks terrestrial, open comms and this weird fluctuating static is all we get-

Sudden scene change, I'm in my car here on Earth, picking Nuka up from work, when nukes fall on Tacoma and the submarine base in Bremerton. So we're smack in the middle between two nuclear impacts and I'm trying to pull into an underground parking garage when *blastwave*

That had to suck, but man, if you write those novels, I'll buy both.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Let me live long enough for dream capture tech to be developed(yes I know it'd basically be magic and won't happen) and I'll give you a Netflix series.

• Options
    It's actually been bothering me for years, I get these really vivid dreams, that are basically set pieces in a larger narrative, I can't even count how many times I've been told to write a book or screenplay when I tell somebody else about them. To me, they often leave a mental impact as if it really happened. But I don't have full context. If I did try to create a story around them, it feels like I'd be lying, just making stuff up. Which doesn't make sense either, because all fiction comes from imagination, just blurgh.

Maybe if I was at all capable of creating characters.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

Oh no no no no no no nononooo

Man, this fucking show. It fucks me up in ways nothing else can and I still don't understand why. Gonna try and stay away from this one.

Vic on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    But you have to go inside...
    If you want to get the treasure then
    You Have To Go Inside!

• Options
    mb7brss7tqfu.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Oh yeah it's October now isn't it!

https://youtu.be/XTgFtxHhCQ0

WOOOO SPOOKYTIMES

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Had a dream last week where I was part of an 1800's frontier expedition to capture and neutralize a variety of mythical beings/cryptozooids. Only we were fitted with 1960's era US military gear.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

WOOOO SPOOKYTIMES

This video should remind everyone that there is a spooky skeleton inside of you right now and to never rest. Vigilo Confido

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

WOOOO SPOOKYTIMES

This video should remind everyone that there is a spooky skeleton inside of you right now and to never rest. Vigilo Confido

There was a man who lived across the street from me who was a philosophical drunk. While walking home at 6am he is in his driveway in a plastic lawn chair sipping a beer with several bottles around him. Saying
    Do you ever think how your skeleton is hitching a free ride inside of your body?
    No? I have never thought of that before? and I trot off to home.

He is also known for something his backyard was a sea of beer cans as it oddest sound of people wading though them as they went in the backyard. when he moved he did at least 6 trips filling his car full of cans.

When my neighbor to my left his wife?/girlfriend? left him all he did was sit in his house
    he was a methadone addict I found out later
    The drunk invited him over for a party so from about 2 weeks before Halloween through the new year they partied every night.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    On of my coworker's kids were in El Salvador with her husband recently. While down there her youngest used her husband's phone to play games all the time and also took thousands of pictures. As he was deleting the pictures, one came up of a pitch black room that was identified as taken from one of the beds because the mosquito netting is seen. Right on the other side of the netting are faint objects that kinda look like two glowing eyes and crazy buck teeth.

I couldn't be sure and thought it might just be the mind making mundane objects into a face so she sent it to me from the phone so I could see it on a monitor.

NOPE IT IS 100% A CREEPY FACE WITH NOSE AND GRIN AND EVERYTHING. She is pretty sure it is none of her kids since none have teeth like that and she was down there over the summer for a while and it doesn't look like any of the other children there. Also it was at night in a locked house.

She vaguely asked her youngest child about pictures, as she didn't want to show him the picture in case it might freak him out. She asked, "Did you take any creepy photos?" "Yes," he replied, "Of Chucky!"

Fuck me. I am going to die now that I've seen this picture. It is just sitting in my email right now. I could attach it but it's not my picture and I don't even was the look at it long enough to save it and post it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    On of my coworker's kids were in El Salvador with her husband recently. While down there her youngest used her husband's phone to play games all the time and also took thousands of pictures. As he was deleting the pictures, one came up of a pitch black room that was identified as taken from one of the beds because the mosquito netting is seen. Right on the other side of the netting are faint objects that kinda look like two glowing eyes and crazy buck teeth.

I couldn't be sure and thought it might just be the mind making mundane objects into a face so she sent it to me from the phone so I could see it on a monitor.

NOPE IT IS 100% A CREEPY FACE WITH NOSE AND GRIN AND EVERYTHING. She is pretty sure it is none of her kids since none have teeth like that and she was down there over the summer for a while and it doesn't look like any of the other children there. Also it was at night in a locked house.

She vaguely asked her youngest child about pictures, as she didn't want to show him the picture in case it might freak him out. She asked, "Did you take any creepy photos?" "Yes," he replied, "Of Chucky!"

Fuck me. I am going to die now that I've seen this picture. It is just sitting in my email right now. I could attach it but it's not my picture and I don't even was the look at it long enough to save it and post it.

According to my mother, I had an imaginary friend named Chucky when I was a little kid that I have no memory of, and more than one of my distant cousins had the same friend. So this post is a little chilling!

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What's the best creepy story podcast?

I'm listening to Creepy currently and it's OK but a lot of these creepy pastas suck

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    There's the No Sleep Podcast, but it's kinda hit or miss, Knifepoint Horror is pretty good and Campfire Radio Theater are the three I listen to the most. NoSleep has one of the most hilarious stories entitled, "My Anime Body Pillow".

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    What's the best creepy story podcast?

I'm listening to Creepy currently and it's OK but a lot of these creepy pastas suck

I'm really liking Snap Judgement's Spooked seasonal podcast at the moment.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    A lot of these Creepy pasta stories are so far up their own ass...

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    A lot of these Creepy pasta stories are so far up their own ass...

The idea of quality control on creepypasta seems doomed mostly by virtue of the fact that they're not supposed to be developed, but I agree there's a sameness to the bad and mediocre ones. r/nosleep is fun for a bit if you find a good story or two but numbing if you're wading in it.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Coast 2 Coast has some backlogs of missing people stories that are super creepy

• Options
    Something telling me they are God is not scary!