As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Ugh. Tier 5.

I like how Chewie hits them all with Speed Down, and they still all take turns before I get another shot.

That's where i'm stuck. I don't want to keep leveling Chewie when I'll never use him again, but I might have to to get through this tier.

How are tiers 6 and 7?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I shifted a few mods to increase speed. And I gave Chewie his first two omegas.

Last 2 battles should be easy.

Spoilers for last 2 battles
    6 is Rey & Finn vs Kylo. Survive for 5 turns.
    7 is Rey with saber. Should be easy.

Doctor Detroit on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    At least Vet Han and Vet Chewie have an additional use now. You can use them on the new Smuggler's Run mission since they have the smuggler tag.

Just got it. Tier 5 ended with Rey vs 3 FO troopers and I was able to get enough foresight to dodge most of the attacks,

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Super Puzzle Fighter went offline and I wanted something else to play on my phone besides Hearthstone. I somehow landed on this and now that it has it's hooks in, energy timer gates are starting to mean that I have to actually wait to play more. Any advice? I'm trying to save my purple gems for something sweet like getting one of those limited time offers to the KOTOR heroes, but I doubt I'm going to raise 1k+ or whatever they're asking for. And $30 for a level 50 hero at tier 5 sounds expensive as all hell. I think I'm going to keep my wallet away from this game for as long as possible.

Super Puzzle Fighter went offline and I wanted something else to play on my phone besides Hearthstone. I somehow landed on this and now that it has it's hooks in, energy timer gates are starting to mean that I have to actually wait to play more. Any advice? I'm trying to save my purple gems for something sweet like getting one of those limited time offers to the KOTOR heroes, but I doubt I'm going to raise 1k+ or whatever they're asking for. And $30 for a level 50 hero at tier 5 sounds expensive as all hell. I think I'm going to keep my wallet away from this game for as long as possible.

That is the correct strategy.

Let the crystals pile up. The best use is to refresh energy or attempts. And this early on, you probably shouldn’t be doing either of those.

Build your team, try and focus on a specific group or use a leader that has a bonus for all characters.

Try and get a Scoundrel team. They are used for semi-regular events that provide credits and leveling materials.

At your level if you are just starting out, probably the best thing to use your purple gems on is stamina refreshes. Either that or buying gear directly from the shipment store.

I wouldn't worry about the KotOR heroes if I were you.

I'll give you the same basic advice I give to all new players:

1) Start building scoundrels. This has immediate payoff, as two of the most important weekly events require scoundrel characters. Your best bets for scoundrels include Han, Lando, Chewie, and most of the Bounty Hunters. Boba Fett is a fantastic choice. So is Dengar.
    2) Phoenix is a very available team to new people. They're a workhorse team and they will let you push deep into most content. You ought to be able to finish nearly all of the Light Side battles with them, plus Galactic Wars, and the Neutral Cantina battles. Plus you need Phoenix to unlock Thrawn, so this is a double payoff.
    3) Pick a team and stick with it. Do not chase every event, and do not chase new stuff. As a new player, the best thing you can do for yourself is to specialize and keep working on one thing for as long as you can. Your best choices are going to be Rebels, First Order, Bounty Hunters, and Phoenix.
    4) A lot of the advanced teams require a huge investment and are not easily gotten in to by new players. For example, Jedi are top of the meta right now, but it requires a specific subset of Jedi that you won't have access to.
    5) You will need to build a Jedi team to unlock Grandmaster Yoda, who is a meta character. But don't over-invest in the starter Jedi. Pretty much all of the starter Jedi, that being Luminara, Qui'gon, Mace, Consular, Guardian, Ahsoka, Anakin, Ima Gundi, Plo Koon. All of those are garbage. Don't over invest in them. If you follow step 2 and build Phoenix, you will get 2 strong Jedi from that. Ezra and Kanan both have the Jedi tag and they are way more of a good long term investment than any of the other people I mentioned.

It's a tough balance. You are required to have some of the entry level stuff to unlock the better stuff, but you also don't want to over-invest because in the long term having a strong Luminara and Qui'gon gets you nothing. They are trash characters. But you still have to have them in order to unlock Yoda.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Okay, thanks. I was looking into getting Rebels since they seemed pretty OP with all of their multi-attacks and Leia going invis with her crit buffed.

Leia is super dope. She's a good choice. I didn't mention her, but she's solid.

• TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Okay, thanks. I was looking into getting Rebels since they seemed pretty OP with all of their multi-attacks and Leia going invis with her crit buffed.

You can also look into the official forums for some new player advice: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/the-academy

Also, if you spend your gems on a Chromium data card (350gems) you will get a guaranteed character at 4 stars. But only for the very first one. People have "rerolled" their accounts to try and make that character someone really hard to come by early like Baze or Jun since those ones are special currency only

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png
    Malkor wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
    Bama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
    FCD wrote: »
    Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Is it just me or are the drop rates for Bastila and Jolee crap?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Bastia has been fair to me if not great, jolee seems to be actively fighting me

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    At your level if you are just starting out, probably the best thing to use your purple gems on is stamina refreshes. Either that or buying gear directly from the shipment store.

1) Start building scoundrels. This has immediate payoff, as two of the most important weekly events require scoundrel characters. Your best bets for scoundrels include Han, Lando, Chewie, and most of the Bounty Hunters. Boba Fett is a fantastic choice. So is Dengar.
    2) Phoenix is a very available team to new people. They're a workhorse team and they will let you push deep into most content. You ought to be able to finish nearly all of the Light Side battles with them, plus Galactic Wars, and the Neutral Cantina battles. Plus you need Phoenix to unlock Thrawn, so this is a double payoff.
    3) Pick a team and stick with it. Do not chase every event, and do not chase new stuff. As a new player, the best thing you can do for yourself is to specialize and keep working on one thing for as long as you can. Your best choices are going to be Rebels, First Order, Bounty Hunters, and Phoenix.
    4) A lot of the advanced teams require a huge investment and are not easily gotten in to by new players. For example, Jedi are top of the meta right now, but it requires a specific subset of Jedi that you won't have access to.
    5) You will need to build a Jedi team to unlock Grandmaster Yoda, who is a meta character. But don't over-invest in the starter Jedi. Pretty much all of the starter Jedi, that being Luminara, Qui'gon, Mace, Consular, Guardian, Ahsoka, Anakin, Ima Gundi, Plo Koon. All of those are garbage. Don't over invest in them. If you follow step 2 and build Phoenix, you will get 2 strong Jedi from that. Ezra and Kanan both have the Jedi tag and they are way more of a good long term investment than any of the other people I mentioned.

It's a tough balance. You are required to have some of the entry level stuff to unlock the better stuff, but you also don't want to over-invest because in the long term having a strong Luminara and Qui'gon gets you nothing. They are trash characters. But you still have to have them in order to unlock Yoda.

6) Get some ally codes from high level players. That way you will always have high lvl allys that help you push easily through most of the content and 3star most stuff on the first try (except maybe lvl 9 on all tables).
    7) If you want to stick with the game - find a guild. At some point some gear is only available through raids.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Broke 3m gp woo

Also, for new players, Phoenix is a solid farm after you get credit heist on sim.

You need them to get Thrawn, he is one of the best legendaries in the game, and their ships are solid when you get to that point.

TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

6) Get some ally codes from high level players. That way you will always have high lvl allys that help you push easily through most of the content and 3star most stuff on the first try (except maybe lvl 9 on all tables).
    7) If you want to stick with the game - find a guild. At some point some gear is only available through raids.

Yeah, I joined one of the recommended guilds and they gave me some level 80 allies, which were crazy and plowed right through stage 4 of light battles. I've been working on getting Leia, but I'll work on Phoenix and rounding out my Rebels.

Thanks for the tips!

Phoenix are one of the best investments you can make. They all have the rebel tag, so missions that require rebels can be completed by Phoenix. Also, as a couple of us have mentioned, they are required for the Thrawn legendary event, and Thrawn is a character that everyone should have. He's probably the most versatile character in the game. He can fit onto nearly any team.

Phoenix also is required for a couple battles on the guild Territory battles. And of course you can put Ezra and Kanan towards helping you unlock Yoda.

Plus, as I am now seeing on my alt account, where I followed that strategy with Phoenix - Sabine is an absolute beast once you have her at 7 stars and decently geared. Getting her to 7 stars is a bit of a grind (the only one on Phoenix, the rest are easy farms).

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I quit this game a few months ago and it was like a giant weight off my shoulders. It just became work and unfun and I didn’t want to sink money into it anymore, which was not that much but it became clear it was the only way to progress.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Plus, as I am now seeing on my alt account, where I followed that strategy with Phoenix - Sabine is an absolute beast once you have her at 7 stars and decently geared. Getting her to 7 stars is a bit of a grind (the only one on Phoenix, the rest are easy farms).

Back when I farmed up Phoenix, i went with Sabine over Ezra because that put all 5 in unique farm spots.

For the Thrawn fight Chopper > Sabine, if I recall.

Sabine does some good work in raids, but I'd probably go Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper if I was just starting out.

I went with Chopper too, but a couple of weeks ago I finally finished Sabine as well. And now she is my second highest rated Phoenix. Since I am not doing high end raiding in that guild, I can use her quite well so far. And her combined with Ezra puts up lots of numbers.

I read as well, that Chopper is the way to go for Thrawn, but I think pure RNG is more important. I haven't gotten Thrawn at 7* on that account yet and I remember having to try dozens of times on my main acc to get him to 7*. Next time around I will give Sabine a shot at him.

edited October 2018
    Finished Leia this morning and then pulled a MagnaGuard IG-100 full character from a Bronze chip. I honestly was expecting I'd get nothing from those except creds and low level gear, was a nice surprise.

KoopahTroopah on
    Whoa, just unlocked ship battles too! This is rad.

Finished Leia this morning and then pulled a MagnaGuard IG-100 full character from a Bronze chip. I honestly was expecting I'd get nothing from those except creds and low level gear, was a nice surprise.

You can get quite a few characters from those Bronze cards - Snowtrooper, Royal Guard are those I pull out the most from there. But there is a whole bunch of chars you get single shards for from those.

Revan looks pretty rad.

I feel like something weird happened on my account. I was doing my sims this morning, and noticed I had less than a hundred crystals.

I generally hover around 1000 day to day

Not sure how that happened. Wish there was a place to see crystal usage.

• ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Revan looks pretty rad.

I feel like something weird happened on my account. I was doing my sims this morning, and noticed I had less than a hundred crystals.

I generally hover around 1000 day to day

Not sure how that happened. Wish there was a place to see crystal usage.

Have you been spending any extra on Ship Battles or Mod battles? I've been farming Nest and she is only available on the ship nodes. Refreshing that energy is an extra 100 gems a day for me. I've been finding myself short of crystals lately too.

I refresh energy until it's no longer 50 a pop, but I make that up from rewards.

Seriously, game? I played KOTOR. That doesn’t look anything like the Revan I remember.

They went with masked and robed because Revan could be a male or female of several possible skin tones and pre-defined facial features. The character creator in KotOR is not the best. But it also isn't accurate to say that Revan is a white guy, because he very well might not be!

4z7ldv32pbap.jpeg

Got to... Tier 2 of Revan.

Will probably get to do tier 3, buts that's it.

Almost done gearing bounty hunters, and we have hstr on farm, so I'm going to put all my resources to getting revan soon.

Kind of sucks that bastila, and revan are best on a jedi team, cause then you're only left with 4 kotor characters.

Would be nice to be able to turn those guys into tw fodder.

edited October 2018
    Can someone ELI5 how raids work? My guild started a raid last night and I couldn't start a mission or do anything with it, I just entered the raid group and then nothing happened. Now this morning it's a green bar and I still can't do anything with it. Is there like a 'Start Raid Mission I' somewhere that I'm missing?

KoopahTroopah on
    2 choices:

The raid has a 24-hour wait period from when it started

Your characters don't meet the level/star minimums

edited October 2018
    Yeah to further explain -

Raids can be automated to start at specific intervals and at certain times. There is also an optional registration period, which I think pretty much everybody uses. It's optional, but it's the kind of option where not using it is dumb. The registration period ensures that everyone who registers for the event will get loot at the end of the raid (if it's a win). This was implemented because both the Rancor raid to a major degree, and the Tank Takedown to a lesser degree, can be completely solo'd and cleared within just a very short timeframe. Putting a 24 hour registration period ensures that everyone in the guild can earn rewards from the raid. Because very likely once "damage day" begins, the raid will be dead within minutes or hours. Minutes for the Rancor, and hours for the Tank.

Not even joking when I say minutes on the Rancor. It takes approximately 9 minutes to solo the entire Rancor raid from start to finish on auto-battle. Probably less these days actually, with power creep. It was 9 minutes back a year ago when I was doing that. Now I just throw a weak team at it and register 600k damage and content myself to get better than last place on the damage charts.

Lucascraft on
    It's just an issue because unless I am there to attempt a mission when it starts, I'll never finish these 3-4 quests sitting in my queue waiting for me to attempt the rancor. I might just leave this guild and make my own to attempt it and then come back to the one I'm in lol.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    That would take forever since everyone in the guild are grinding out raid tokens in order to attempt the raid. I had the same issue before. Your best bet is to look for the count down timer to when the raid starts, make an alarm for that and then throw bodies at it to get all four attempts. The timer should be on the button that you hit to enter the raid.

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2018
    Seems dumb.

I dropped $10 for the two starter bundles to get Stormtrooper Han and Count Dooku, plus 20-30 shard upgrades for the rest of the 6x other characters that I already had and the crystals/creds. I spent much more on worse games, so I figured this is probably the least I can spend out of pocket on this to put some money towards the developers.

KoopahTroopah on
    Guy in my guild got Revan and claimed he only spent $20.

While I don't know how he only spent that much, i do appreciate that his Jedi squad can do around 9M damage in the sith raid with Revan (lead), hoda, GMY, and Ezra, and Bastilla.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Guy in my guild got Revan and claimed he only spent $20.

While I don't know how he only spent that much, i do appreciate that his Jedi squad can do around 9M damage in the sith raid with Revan (lead), hoda, GMY, and Ezra, and Bastilla.

I feel like he is missing a zero... Unless he had been hording crystals for quite a while and bought tons of the OR faction packs

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    We've got a guy with two 7-stars and 3 6-stars. I won't be surprised to see him with Revan before the event ends.

I sorted all his characters by power. The weakest is around 9k.