As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Canadian Politics] No, we're never going to stop talking about pot legalization.

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    I'm really curious about pricing. So far only the NB site has prices and they are all over the place.

15.50$/G is crazy pants

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Yeah no one cares here either.
    The hot take from conversations I've had is that no one knows where/if they can buy shit legally beginning tomorrow.
    I guess it's good it's not all crazy like the end of prohibition?

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    The only thing I've noticed about legalisation is that the shades-of-grey dispensary near us that the cops have been ignoring is closing up in order to "become legit", which leaves the wife not sure where she'll be getting her supply in the interim.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    The only thing I've noticed about legalisation is that the shades-of-grey dispensary near us that the cops have been ignoring is closing up in order to "become legit", which leaves the wife not sure where she'll be getting her supply in the interim.

Where you located? Lot's of provinces have an online store.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I've been seeing a lot of jokes basically like this one:

EDIT: Which, I mean.... fair

Khavall on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    All I've noticed is the condo board deciding they need to be the moral compass for everyone in the building and is going to be sending out sheets to vote on the ban of growing, vaping and smoking weed anywhere in or around the building.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Personally, I prefer tokers over smokers. Only the laziest potheads throw away their roaches, as opposed to cigarette butts.

• Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer tokers over smokers. Only the laziest potheads throw away their roaches, as opposed to cigarette butts.

Still gross.

Get a vape. They are amazing......

I also own 10+ different ones. I may have a collecting problem

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I just a few days ago considered getting another vape pen/rig (Atmos Q3), despite having an at-home rig and a pen for going out.

I mean, really part of the problem is that my at-home rig broke and the replacement unit isn't coming until November, and I really want something for that nice quick easy home use that doesn't require me to spend like 15 minutes out on the balcony to get a full dab, like my portable pen does.

But that's a whole different thread

• Options
    One upside of this is that we might be able to convince my dad to try cannabis related remedies for his 24/7 headaches (due to injury).
    Traditional meds have gone back and forth with helping so it'll be interesting to try something new.

• Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    I just a few days ago considered getting another vape pen/rig (Atmos Q3), despite having an at-home rig and a pen for going out.

I mean, really part of the problem is that my at-home rig broke and the replacement unit isn't coming until November, and I really want something for that nice quick easy home use that doesn't require me to spend like 15 minutes out on the balcony to get a full dab, like my portable pen does.

But that's a whole different thread

Are you just using it for wax/concentrates? A Saionara with a pico mod works really well.
    https://theherbcafe.com/products/saionara-atomizer-pro

I don't really do any concentrates much except for portable cartridges anymore. It was not doing my tolerance any favors.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Since Ontario's stuck with online-only until next year, I'm casting it a wary eye until such time as the US border guard provably isn't going to be giving people shit about it. Last thing I need is my bank ratting me out to the US, with my wife having family in Wisconsin.

• Options
    Entriech wrote: »
    Since Ontario's stuck with online-only until next year, I'm casting it a wary eye until such time as the US border guard provably isn't going to be giving people shit about it. Last thing I need is my bank ratting me out to the US, with my wife having family in Wisconsin.

Prepaid visa/mc with a fake name?

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

Pay pal?
    Bit Coin perhaps?

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »

Just put on a false mustache when you order.

• Options
    moniker wrote: »

Just put on a false mustache when you order.

Hi, my name is Mr. John Weed, I would like 2 cannabis please.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    You're either waiting until it officially goes on sale, in which case there's nothing to do but wait. Or you already have pot, in which case... yay the thing I was doing anyways is legal, let's... celebrate?

Either way, I'm not sure what people are expecting. Drivers blaring their horns as they drive down the street and assorted hooting and hollering?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Or, you know, do what 83% of weed smokers are going to do: Buy from their regular dealers anyway.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The streets are going to be absolutely clogged with pizza delivery drivers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You're either waiting until it officially goes on sale, in which case there's nothing to do but wait. Or you already have pot, in which case... yay the thing I was doing anyways is legal, let's... celebrate?

Either way, I'm not sure what people are expecting. Drivers blaring their horns as they drive down the street and assorted hooting and hollering?

people were expecting this

https://allthatsinteresting.com/end-of-prohibition

People came out in droves, forming massive crowds outside bars across the country. Inside, people danced, sang, and raised their glasses in a toast to the death of the 18th Amendment.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Bit Coin perhaps?

We have, like, an entire thread why that's a terrible idea.

Though entirely fitting with Bitcoin on some level, I suppose.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Currently on satellite wifi on Scotland so not really prepped for research and linking things, but how did the joke that was the map of designated smoking areas in Halifax not get posted here? Taxpayer dollars were far more ineptly spent than we'd all assumed before the map came out. =_=

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Well Canada , currently in the UK atm, will miss the puff puff pass day but I suspect not much will change. Don’t buy at the prices mentioned earlier, wait a week or two as they will drop like rocks.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Nova Scotia has announced its pot prices. They'll have three tiers. "Value" will sell for $6.33 to $8.49 per gram, "Core" for $9 to 10.98, and "Premium" from $10.99 up.

Also, apparently Newfoundland's premier has announced that they're going to allow midnight store openings tonight.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

People came out in droves, forming massive crowds outside bars across the country. Inside, people danced, sang, and raised their glasses in a toast to the death of the 18th Amendment.

That's because alcohol is a fundamental part of the human condition like breathing or fucking, whereas pot is like, it's cool I guess. :P

shryke on
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

That's because alcohol is a fundamental part of the human condition like breathing or fucking, whereas pot is like, it's cool I guess. :P

Also,

1: 1930's, where your choices for entertainment was either to sit in a room with a candle with your family... or drink.

2: United States. I'm not saying Canadians can't get rowdy, but the only time I've ever seen it happen involves hockey. Otherwise we just show self restrained adulation. Not as stiff as the British, but not as insane as Americans. Right smack dab in the middle.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    hawkboxhawkbox Registered User regular
    I am going to attempt to procure a marijuana tomorrow at some point, I understand while VISA is a bad idea that gold bullion may be an adequate form of exchange?

• Options
    Is there some reason these stores wouldn't take cash?

• Options
    hawkboxhawkbox Registered User regular
    Cash? My how delightfully quaint.

• Options
    I mean on the one hand... yeah.

On the other, if one is genuinely worried about this shit showing up on your credit card (with the whole US border bullshit and all that), debit would be the way to go, but if you really don't want to leave a paper trail, then use cash.

This is all assuming using a physical store. Online you're obviously hampered somewhat.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Just FYI, it's 12:01 in Newfoundland. Cannabis is officially legal in part of Canada.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Just FYI, it's 12:01 in Newfoundland. Cannabis is officially legal in part of Canada.

Woo!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Just ordered ten marijuanas from the legal website

They have pictures of the weed..... in white medicine bottles? Wtf?

"Heres your narcotics you fucking fiends"

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I kinda want to buy some online but I'm going to the States this weekend and don't want to deal with any of that shit.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I just realized I'm like an old person and I don't know what to do.

Like a gotta ask a friend who is into this where I go and what to buy.

It's a weird sensation!

edit: I think this is allowed. BC friends, this is apparently our portal. https://www.bccannabisstores.com/ (goes live at midnight)

Aridhol on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    There's a countdown on the Alberta store, it's kind of hilarious

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I think thursday is not going to be a very productive day.

For, like, anyone.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    I'm not into pot. Smoke one for me, thread!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Heh, they're interviewing a guy in the pot-store line-up.
    "I want to see what they have. If it's good and it cuts the black market, great. If not... I'll get it where I usually do."

sig.gif
  • Options
    And now the morning news show was interviewing the Montreal police chief while showing footage of people smoking joints outside in front of doors and shops. They must have asked him five times "that's illegal isn't it? What are you going to do?" before he got fed up and said "there are more important things going on in Montreal right now."

sig.gif