As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Hooray, 3 Bidoofs (Bidooves?)

In a game that doesn't have HMs, they are now completely useless

The plural of a Pokemon's name is just its name. 3 Bidoof. 5 Pikachu. 100 Rattata.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    3 Bidoofen so far. I prefer dumb pluralizations.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Just got one too, thought I was going to be the first :(

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    1 Bidoof

2 Bitoof

3 Bithreeth

And so on

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I see a turtwig but I'm stuck at my desk at the moment

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I see a turtwig but I'm stuck at my desk at the moment

I've seen shadows for about 8 different pokes, but aside from bidoof, none of them have spawned while I am at their supposed pokestop

/shrug

edit: I'm annoyed they didn't expand the bag capacity like when they released previous generations

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2018
    Got a turtwig and a starly now

And chimchar

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    bidoofs are like rattattas. i had 10 of them outside my office
    at least they're cuter

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    carnivines are horrifying

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    In case you're curious, here's how the balance changes affected CP, at least in the first gen.

The big takeaway is that very slight nerfs are most common, though none of the top Pokémon got a really significant nerf. Rhydon, Chansey, Alakazam, Gengar, Gyrados, Machamp and Mewtwo all saw great boosts. Most grass-types other than Venusaur got relatively noticeable nerfs.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    ...and the 20 new gen 4 Pokémon now out. Looks to be mainly starters, Pidgey and rat-equivalents, and Carnevine and Chatot.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Hatched a mr mime

Kangaskhan left

2 more event eggs

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I've hatched two regionals from eggs

one mime and one khan

I'll take it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    In case you're curious, here's how the balance changes affected CP, at least in the first gen.

The big takeaway is that very slight nerfs are most common, though none of the top Pokémon got a really significant nerf. Rhydon, Chansey, Alakazam, Gengar, Gyrados, Machamp and Mewtwo all saw great boosts. Most grass-types other than Venusaur got relatively noticeable nerfs.

Just to be clear, those were the effects of the 2017 rebalance.

The 2018 (reverted) rebalance didn't change anything about attack: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/explaining-october-2018-stat-change

• Options
    Finally got my Celebi tonight! And evolved a bunch of stuff that i've been sitting on because I like to do it all in big batches with a Lucky Egg while watching my stories (hellooooooo Flygon!!!)

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »

Just to be clear, those were the effects of the 2017 rebalance.

The 2018 (reverted) rebalance didn't change anything about attack: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/explaining-october-2018-stat-change

Well, frack. Got the links confused.

• Options
    Does Go IV need updating or is the stats to come conversion still the same?

sig.gif
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

You will need to update when Niantic switches the stat rebalance back on. You probably also need to update for the Gen 4 mon. CalcyIV has the latter already, I don't know about GoIV.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

You will need to update when Niantic switches the stat rebalance back on. You probably also need to update for the Gen 4 mon. CalcyIV has the latter already, I don't know about GoIV.

GoIV is being super dumb to update to gen 4:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GoIV/comments/9opvp9/wheres_gen_4_support_and_other_questions/?st=jnda8wif&sh=74475cc8

I really disagree with their decision here. I have to use other scanners in the meantime.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    So, looks like we've got this gen's new region exclusives already. Chatot is in South America, Pachirisu is in Canada and Alaska, and Carnivine is in the southeastern United States. Which means that parts of southern Florida will apparently have access to FOUR regionals (Tauros, Corsola, Heracross and Carnivine).

• Options
    I don't mind if it's only a few days. Any Pokemon that doesn't get 'amazing' in a regular appraisal can be ditched anyway

sig.gif
  • Options
    So, looks like we've got this gen's new region exclusives already. Chatot is in South America, Pachirisu is in Canada and Alaska, and Carnivine is in the southeastern United States. Which means that parts of southern Florida will apparently have access to FOUR regionals (Tauros, Corsola, Heracross and Carnivine).

Meanwhile us here in the midwest are stuck with just Tauros... *sigh*
    I don't mind if it's only a few days. Any Pokemon that doesn't get 'amazing' in a regular appraisal can be ditched anyway

Eh, I just discovered CalcyIV can do renames, so I think I am ditching GoIV. It always does a shit job scanning for me anyways. Renames was like the one thing I kept it around for.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Listen, I get it, Florida is a jungle...but let other people have some fun. I'm still over here with just Tauros, and people in Canada don't even get Tauros.

edit: apparently Canada gets Pachirisu now! Great. Florida still doesn't need 4 regionals.

TDawg on
  • Options
    What the fuck? Fuck Florida! I lived there for 18 years. I hate that place

• Options
    What the fuck? Fuck Florida! I lived there for 18 years. I hate that place

I saw a map someone drew of Carnivine spawns too and it's literally like a box around Florida... I don't get it... it would be one thing if it was "below X longitude line" and Florida just got lucky because they basically got Mexico's spawns... but nope...

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I've hatched two regionals from eggs

one mime and one khan

I'll take it.

Update: third was Farfetch'd

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018

Chatot is all southern hemisphere I think, since I am getting them over here in Australia.

Also got a 100% weather boosted mewtwo yesterday. Caught it on the last ball.

Edit: Also don't know if their spawn changes are live yet or if it's just the water event combined with new pokemon, but I am seeing a lot more diverse pokemon spawning lately and more evolutions.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    lmao I caught a CP666 Buneary and it wouldn't let me name it Lucifer

so I just went with Lucifron

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Chatot is all southern hemisphere I think, since I am getting them over here in Australia.

Also got a 100% weather boosted mewtwo yesterday. Caught it on the last ball.

Edit: Also don't know if their spawn changes are live yet or if it's just the water event combined with new pokemon, but I am seeing a lot more diverse pokemon spawning lately and more evolutions.

I'm seeing a bigger range of pokes too, not just the new ones. Caught an Ekans this morning, which I haven't seen for months.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I'm moving to Florida at the end of next week so I like to hear that they get more exclusives.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    I'm moving to Florida at the end of next week so I like to hear that they get more exclusives.

Fool!

• Options
    I just hatched a Smoochums and now I'm offended.

• Options
    It'd be cool if these gen4 pokes spawned at some point. aside from a bunch of bidoofs on day one and a couple of what I assume are the gen 4 starters, I've seen nothing.

I've seen more gen 1 and 2 starters than gen 4 the last few days

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Xaquin wrote: »
    It'd be cool if these gen4 pokes spawned at some point. aside from a bunch of bidoofs on day one and a couple of what I assume are the gen 4 starters, I've seen nothing.

I've seen more gen 1 and 2 starters than gen 4 the last few days

There's only like 15 Gen 4 right now and you have to think half of them are evolutions

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Oh wait... Maybe there are more... Nevermind

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, it's just the "route 1" pokemon (starters, bidoof, starly) and the regionals, afaik.

Also it's weird Carnivine is something that's notable now because that was never the case before.

Edit: Like I'm one of those people with an encyclopedic knowledge of Pokemon and I literally forgot Carnivine existed, and would have absolutely gotten the gen wrong if you asked me. I'm still shocked it's apparently Gen IV.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I'm TERRIBLE remembering which Pokémon go with which gen except for the original 151

• Options
    Weirdly enough, I love that 1* and 2* raids have some cool Pokemon featured. Shinx, Sneasel, Kirlia are all Pokemon I don't mind dropping a raid pass to get.

• Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Shinx are out in lowbie raids at the moment? I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Kirlia was great for raids, I've soloed probably 20+ of them over time to build up Ralts candy.

• Options
    Yeah, near as I can tell you can ONLY get Shinx in raids, and since they have two evolutions you're going to need to grind.