As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Welcome! Everything is fine. [The Good Place][OPEN SPOILERS]

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Last week spoiled me

This episode was too short

Glad it's still moving at a clip

Michael botching the sequence of his librarian bit and trying to cover was *chef kiss*

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yeah I dunno something about this season isn't quite doing it for me yet

A lot of the social parody stuff has always felt a little cornball and hackneyed, but it was layered in with a bunch of other stuff, and usually shwon through the lens of beings that don't quite understand humanity. Now that they're in the real world they're having to lean on that stuff a lot more heavily, and there's never any question about whether or not you're supposed to just take the more cartoonish stuff at face value. I'm still enjoying the show but I'm groaning more than I wish I was.

In fairness season 2 is a tough act to follow. Especially its premiere. I'm still enjoying this, it's just not regularly blowing me away like the show has done in the past. But it's still early in the season so it's got plenty of time to get there again

One small touch I did like was Jason giving everyone an Autobot nickname except Trevor, who he called Megatron. Just intuitively knows that he's evil

Speed Racer on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    But those are Jason’s nicknames

Anyway, this week’s podcast confirmed that Kirby is attempting an Australian accent. Mark Evan Jackson even praised her for it

This after another episode of me not even questioning that she’s meant to be British

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Janet without her powers was hilarious. D'arcy Carden really needs to lead her own comedy and soon.

As for the future of the show, I'm gearing up for the next episode to be the season 9 finale at this rate before something else happens, but I trust the creators with wherever they take it.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Not reading above because I'm only five minutes into the episode, but if this entire season is set in Australia and they keep using it as an opportunity to make deliberately terrible australian accent jokes, then I will readily believe i have been sent to a very personally-targeted bad place.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    D'Arcy Carden is never not amazing on this show

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I kind of want to go to that restaurant.

sig.gif
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    God Janet's frustration at not having powers was so funny. Also

Trevor Stinks! -Janet

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want to eat at this restaurant.

And order the signature drink.

Also, I love a good Manifest Destiny joke.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The restaurant definitely felt like compensation for the Australian accents so far (but also because they're obviously filming in the US).

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The restaurant definitely felt like compensation for the Australian accents so far (but also because they're obviously filming in the US).

I dont know theres a lot of Koala pictures everywhere. Seems legit

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    I definitely want to refer to time zones as 'clock lands' more often.

finally caught this week's episode, it was a lot stronger than the first two

still a little silly at points in ways that seemed a bit forced but it was mostly just fun and set things up to go in a real exciting direction

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm really glad Simone exists

She is so great and perfect, I'm honestly wondering if
    She's from The Real Good place somehow.

She seems like... just a nice person?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Javen wrote: »

That would be a stretch, to be honest. I feel like she works much better representing the good of humanity, but from a grounded perspective, rather than the exaggerated demon parodies from season 1.

That said, I could see them finding the point tallies in Accounting and she's still in the negative, because of how messed up the point system is.

Javen wrote: »

That would be a stretch, to be honest. I feel like she works much better representing the good of humanity, but from a grounded perspective, rather than the exaggerated demon parodies from season 1.

That said, I could see them finding the point tallies in Accounting and she's still in the negative, because of how messed up the point system is.
    Yeah I'm hoping this current development is going to lead to a closer examination of the whole afterlife system

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think this season is where I've lost interest with the show

I'm not particularly engaged with this season's premise, I was way more interested in Michael when he was either an asshole or an asshole pretending to be a dork, and now the show just kinda seems like wheelspinning now

I don't really feel much of a progression with the characters anymore and the characters that HAVE progressed have progressed in ways that make them less interesting

It feels like they've run out of road on the show's premise

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I think this season is where I've lost interest with the show

I'm not particularly engaged with this season's premise, I was way more interested in Michael when he was either an asshole or an asshole pretending to be a dork, and now the show just kinda seems like wheelspinning now

I don't really feel much of a progression with the characters anymore and the characters that HAVE progressed have progressed in ways that make them less interesting

It feels like they've run out of road on the show's premise

The show's surprised me enough that I'm willing to see where it's going, even though I can very easily see feeling the way you do in retrospect depending on how this season goes

Luckily the season 2 finale works fairly well as like, an ambiguous, open-ended but hopeful ending, so if the worst case scenario happens you can just kinda pretend it ends there

I think the ending to the latest episode has them aiming at the right trajectory (the humans being on the same page again re: afterlife), it just depends on them sticking the landing. Which I still have faith in.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, Chidi.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh my god I forgot about Larry.

Which has to feel double bad for him, because Larry.

steam_sig.png
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    This episode reminded me of the Angel episode “Epiphany”.
    If nothing we do matters, then what matters is what we do.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

Lasbrook wrote: »
    Goddamn, Chidi.

Seconded
    Also its canon now that Chidi is so swole because he constantly does upper body exercise when deciding on things

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Goddamn, Chidi.

Seconded
    Also its canon now that Chidi is so swole because he constantly does upper body exercise when deciding on things
    Eleanor in S1 (I think?) mentioned that Chidi is suprisingly jacked, so it was nice to see that become true.

sig.gif
    Alright alright alright, that episode was fantastic. I don't know how long their current objective is going to last, but damn if it isn't an exciting one.

I also super appreciate that while Eleanor and Chidi freaked out, Tahani and Jason took a much more altruistic look at their seemingly hopeless fate.

Finally, that manifesto definitely seems to be set-up for The Medium Place. We all know that this show has defied expectations constantly, but I really hope that's what we get in the end.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    you can't buy peeps in Australia

I will use this as proof that they aren't in an alternate timeline and this is merely another simulation by the Judge in this TED talk I will-

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Don't tell me what I can't do yaya.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    YAYA ADMITTED TO ME THAT HE HASN'T BEEN IN AN AUSTRALIAN SUPERMARKET IN AT LEAST 4 YEARS

His Australian Peep purchasing knowledge is suspect at best.

They said Buying Nemo has a foreign food section on the podcast. Hence peeps

Chidi got that CW body.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Chidi got that CW body.

You have failed this city

or maybe you haven't

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    you can't buy peeps in Australia

I will use this as proof that they aren't in an alternate timeline and this is merely another simulation by the Judge in this TED talk I will-

that's not the damning detail, it's this:
    there is no way an australian supermarket would bar shirtless shoppers, it would exclude 30% of their customer base

Ha, the Larry plot thread ended pretty much exactly as I predicted. Hopefully this isn't the last we see of Simone.

Also, "Bing!"

D'Arcy Carden continues to bring new delightful evolution to Janet as a character, basically every episode.

ALSO

cdci44qazyo3.gif

BING

The episode both confirms that Eleanor is bi and features a random cut to Tahani with her arm around her!

!!!!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

The episode both confirms that Eleanor is bi and features a random cut to Tahani with her arm around her!

!!!!

Well we already saw that one scenario previous season.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Her exclamation that more guys should be bi was also pretty good, because it does seem like close to 100% of bisexual representation in media is female.