As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Black Lightning does not fuck around. The season premiere went hard

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I broke down and watched the Flash premiere after having ditched in the middle of last season, and it was pretty good.

The banter and (relatively) low-stakes plot was a nice thing to start the season with. Plus JPK was great as Nora.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Arrow
    I figured they were doing flash forwards instead of flashbacks at like the second time they did it this episode. The guy playing Adult William was pretty good at portraying the kid's idiosyncrasies. I figured it was Future Roy on the island before it was revealed, too

I'm thinking the new Green Arrow is also Roy just because he did bullshit parkour, but after the future Roy reveal I'm not sure.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Arrow
    I figured they were doing flash forwards instead of flashbacks at like the second time they did it this episode. The guy playing Adult William was pretty good at portraying the kid's idiosyncrasies. I figured it was Future Roy on the island before it was revealed, too

I'm thinking the new Green Arrow is also Roy just because he did bullshit parkour, but after the future Roy reveal I'm not sure.

Re: New Arrow speculation
    I feel like Roy would have looped all the Ex-Team Arrow people in if he was back doing the whole thing.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Arrow

Re: New Arrow speculation
    I feel like Roy would have looped all the Ex-Team Arrow people in if he was back doing the whole thing.
    Not if he knows they have a deal and/or they're still being watched by the feds.

My other reason to think it's him is that New GA is helping businesses/people in the Glades

But this show knows when a reveal will be too predictable to draw out so I dunno

• Options
    Supergirl
    Having the new girl basically act like S1 Kara was adorable 'n all, but it really feels like the premiere's undercurrent is "look at how much older and more responsible the main characters are now". Like, everything from lighting, to clothing choices felt like they were trying to age-up everyone in some way.

sig.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    A good way to do the new Green Arrow and get away with it in-universe would be to have a bunch of people being the GA, and they just take turns.
    As soon as one gets suspected, get someone else to be the GA to give them a clear alibi.

The theory of 'maybe it's not just the one person in the mask' never seems to gain much ground in these, so exploit it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    A good way to do the new Green Arrow and get away with it in-universe would be to have a bunch of people being the GA, and they just take turns.
    As soon as one gets suspected, get someone else to be the GA to give them a clear alibi.
    They've done that multiple times since season 1, including last season where Ollie said under oath he wasn't the Green Arrow and then publicly admitted he was

So I don't think they'll put up with it anymore

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    edit: wrong thread

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    They've done that multiple times since season 1, including last season where Ollie said under oath he wasn't the Green Arrow and then publicly admitted he was

Arrow Speculation
    I think the new Green Arrow is Future William and the flash forwards are Future Williams flashbacks. I don't think its a coincidence that Barry's future daughter is also here... I think he convinced her to take them both back.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options

Arrow Speculation
    I think the new Green Arrow is Future William and the flash forwards are Future Williams flashbacks. I don't think its a coincidence that Barry's future daughter is also here... I think he convinced her to take them both back.
    I saw that idea on the AV Club comments, and that's one of the worst ideas I can think of. I would much rather it be a stranger, unknown to any of the characters, never shown on the show before, than William from the future time traveling.

That's fine on The Flash, but Arrow needs to be more grounded than that

• Options
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

I love every goddamn thing about this trailer.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Flash
    NO!

They were this close to finally cutting Cisco's ugly, awful hair

Why would you do this to me

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Arrow Speculation
    Could be William from the Nazi Universe

*thinking emoji*

• Options
  • Options
    This Legends is wild

Tom Wilson!

That sequence where they're walking in a field each in their own frame!

Ray and Nate are even bigger dorks than we knew!

• Options
    This week's Supergirl is very creepy and hard to watch

• Options
    This Flash ep is wonderful

Like from minute one it is just super fun and charming

More focus on the West-Allen family antics, please

• Options
    Metatech is real dumb though

Jury’s out on if it’s good dumb or bad dumb

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Jimothy wrote: »
    This Flash ep is wonderful

It would be nice if the ArrowverseBeeboverse shows were a bit more even. 2 seasons ago I would have been saying exactly the same things about those 2 shows but reversed!

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Yeah, it was a bit odd seeing the whole back story, seemed like it was trying to build sympathy for the anti alien point of view.
    It seems like an odd position for a show that's been as openly political as Super Girl has been considering the past positions they've taken.

I'm curious as to where they take it, but it was pretty uncomfortable watching them take a character that started as someone who would have been of the good guys and basically shit on him until he turned into the bad guy.

• Options
    (spoilers for current seasons of the Arrowverse)
    In Arrow, future William revealed he's queer

In Flash, Nora (from the future) is queer

In Legends, Gary is queer

(I'm using "queer" because they've all expressed same-sex interest, but haven't said anything about other genders, so it's not clear if any are bi/pan or just same-sex interested)

This leads me to believe that I can travel through time

• Options
    Legends is Supernatural now

• Options
    Legends is Once Upon a Time now

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Yeah, it was a bit odd seeing the whole back story, seemed like it was trying to build sympathy for the anti alien point of view.
    It seems like an odd position for a show that's been as openly political as Super Girl has been considering the past positions they've taken.

I'm curious as to where they take it, but it was pretty uncomfortable watching them take a character that started as someone who would have been of the good guys and basically shit on him until he turned into the bad guy.

You can have sympathy for a person and what happened to them without condoning their actions as a result of what happened to them.

I think the idea was to show "an otherwise good person can choose to go down a bad road" to prevent a strawman villain

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

You can have sympathy for a person and what happened to them without condoning their actions as a result of what happened to them.

I think the idea was to show "an otherwise good person can choose to go down a bad road" to prevent a strawman villain

I think it came off more sympathetic than it was meant to, and was meant more to be commentary on "fake allies"?
    Like, the guy only supported aliens in the abstract; he never saw them as individuals. And then when something happened to him, he still didn't view them as individuals; he just flipped his stance

• Options
    Legends
    Woo a civil war is a-brewin'! Hopefully it'll be written better than the one in Arrow.

Is that Maisie's real accent?

Supergirl
    Oh fuck Manchester Black. Woo?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    When can I can an official stuffed Beebo, Star of the hit Beebo cinematic universe.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    We got an unofficial one off Etsy to take to a convention, and Brandon Routh had seen enough to know which store we got it from.

• Options
    Ah what the hell, it's a few months since I shared the photo so here it is again
    7lyub66sfe2i.png
    We did not expect to end up on his instagram story.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    First teaser is out for this year's crossover, Elseworlds.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Hell of a thumbnail

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Some serious side-eye going on in this episode of Legends of Summer Camp.
    rgh8mkgj5rql.png
    Looking back at season one versus now it's a completely different tone of show.
    I kind of liked it when it was serious, but now it's like that one episode of 'Angel' with the puppets all the time*.
    Which is cool too, just I could never have expected this direction back when the show started. They had to get weird or get cancelled, I guess.

*They're actually going to do a puppet episode and a musical, aren't they? I wouldn't be surprised.

• Options
    Really into everything this Flash ep is doing

Well, maybe not the Caitlin’s dad mystery

But the rest is aces

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    If anyone hasn't been watching Legends the last couple seasons, you should know that the latest episode (individual episode plot and minor character spoilers)
    involved a magical book bringing a filmmaker's vision of a sea monster to life
    only to be defeated by Mick, who secretly has a passion for writing, bringing his own creation into the world

which is how we get a climax wherein a purple, three-breasted warrior queen battles a land octopus

• Options
    So is it just me or are we getting
    Earth-38 Amanda Waller
    on Supergirl?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just saw a different Elseworld ad during this supergirl.
    Quick shot of Barry’s dad in a Flash outfit that looked a hell of a lot like his own TV outfit and I am 1000% onboard with as many references to that old 90’s Flash show that only I watched as possible.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options