As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pull requests and imposter syndrome

2»

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    I understand it is intended as a non-confrontational process. But it doesn’t *feel* non-confrontational.

If someone asks me “Why did you do it x way?” It feels very passive-aggressive to me. And I know when I have asked such questions in the past others on the team have interpreted my innocent questions as hostile, too. So it’s not just me who has difficulty with this.

And no, I’m not spending thousands of dollars on a therapist because I have a problem with pull requests. Good grief.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Well, here is what I see wrt to the questions you asked in your OP

Is this how the world works now?

Pretty much, yes.

How does this process work at other companies?

Pull requests are common practice and people have given you lots of details about how they work at their companies.

Is there other information or advice you are looking for at this point?

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    And I'm not trying to shut you down or anything, but it might be good to know if you have any other specific questions for people, and if there are aspects you are NOT asking for advice on

• Options
    Nothing more. Feel free to close.

• Options
    basic humanbasic human Registered User regular
    With anxiety like this how would you ever even get past a whiteboard interview??

• Options
    With anxiety like this how would you ever even get past a whiteboard interview??

I do fine. Why so hostile?

This discussion has been closed.