As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Spider-Man] Speeder and Miles Webs Prower 10/20/23

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    If you don't feel like it's cheating, you could look up some videos and see how they do it.
    There are little tricks that can help with movement (knowing when to let go of a line on a swing, using web zips to keep your height, etc), and it can help if you see what they do and ask yourself if that helps.
    Learn from the bestgood enough and willing to upload their gameplay.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Speaking of suit mods, what are your favorites? I like the one that builds up lightning with aerial attacks, and the one that makes taking damage zap nearby enemies. But the absolute best one is Witch Time the one that slows down time when you do a perfect dodge.

Slow down on perfect dodge
    Damage boost on perfect dodge
    Increased focus gain

Always in slow mo with boosted damage and finishers non stop.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, boosted damage on perfect dodge is another favorite of mine that I forgot about.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh yeah, boosted damage on perfect dodge is another favorite of mine that I forgot about.

It's great for the heavies/ the late game guys with weapons that block attacks. Walk behind them in slow mo so they can't block and just beat the hell out of them.

edit: Plus the flavor just feels very Spider-Man esque. Him outspeeding his enemies and just beating them down just feels like his style of fighting.

DemonStacey on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Near the end I just started spamming that antigravity gadget. Felt particularly poetic against the whip guys who yank you out of the air.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'm still going with this game! A combination of lack of time and this being one of the first games in years where I want to do EVERYTHING means I think I'm not mega far in to the story:
    Just done second MJ stealth mission to unlock the Tombstone side quest. Demon headquarters have opened up too, and I've ticked all of them

But I've put SO much time in to it. I think I've now done everything every area of the city has to offer at this point in time, but there's still a fair bit locked away that'll be unlocked as the story goes on.

Haven't had this much fun in years with a game. I've also never bought DLC, I usually finish a game and that's it, I'm ready to move on, but this might be the exception.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Okay I unlocked the Iron Spider suit
    ... In real life
    fw6w4m0534kd.jpg
    55e7mxq0szr4.jpg

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    You just gonna give your secret identity away like that? Or is it like that Justice League episode where Luthor and Flash switch bodies, and Luthor unmasks himself before realizing he has no idea who this random guy in the mirror is.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    BRB going to kill my uncle to finish my transformation into the really spidery dude

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    BRB going to kill my uncle to finish my transformation into the really spidery dude

That's not how any of this works!

But can you really afford to not take the chance?

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    NG+ with the animated costume is my new favorite thing

Lou29 wrote: »

Switch to undies when you go to cook dinner for MJ, it makes that scene so much better.

• President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    I'm so very pleased that we get more of this tomorrow.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Switch to undies when you go to cook dinner for MJ, it makes that scene so much better.

I'm playing through with UndieSpider in every scene, and it's really great for things like Fisk getting pissed off about Spidey acting childish.

I'm really wondering if I'll be able to make it through the whole game this way, because there are scenes which this look is going to destroy.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

I'm playing through with UndieSpider in every scene, and it's really great for things like Fisk getting pissed off about Spidey acting childish.

I'm really wondering if I'll be able to make it through the whole game this way, because there are scenes which this look is going to destroy.
    Did you... Just leave your clothes on my kitchen floor?

pHWHd2G.jpg
    edited October 2018
    DLC side mission:
    I'm going to be so disappointed if Detective Retiring Soon turns out to be the totally dead for real we mean it Original Black Cat, using me to retrieve all his art.
    Less so if Peter sees it coming a mile away.

edit:
    Dang it.
    At least Peter figured it out one sentence before he was told.

klemming on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    wait is the dlc out? SHOULD I GET IT?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    The answers to your questions are Yes, and do you want more Spider-Man?

I've not found anything game-changing yet, but it's more of a game I love playing, so I'm enjoying playing more of it.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Haven't played the DLC yet but..

*possible spoilers for it*
    Apparently Felicia has a son?

*gasp*

What if it's Peter's? How scandalous.

She's probably lying tho.

Still. This is juicy stuff.

*grabs popcorn and gets ready for virtual drama*

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Finished the DLC:
    Ending on a To Be Continued? Boo, Insomniac. Boooo.

And I totally called that last trophy name before it popped, I knew they wouldn't be able to resist.

Finished the DLC:
    Ending on a To Be Continued? Boo, Insomniac. Boooo.

And I totally called that last trophy name before it popped, I knew they wouldn't be able to resist.

Apparently the three planned DLCs release in October, November, and December, so if they're continuing it in other DLC, the wait shouldn't be long.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Well that was a bit bigger than I thought it was. A collectible to hunt down, some crimes, new challenges that are a spin on the old ones, and the missions themselves. If you cynically thought this was content they shaved off the game to sell DLC (and I wouldn't blame you for doing so), it doesn't feel that way at all. The story itself would have gotten in the way of the main narrative, and it's also set after the game to boot. I also thought it was going to be 3 separate slices of adventure, but I'm guessing it's going to be a whole 3 chapter narrative, comparable to the main story itself (but those are some goddamn big britches to compare to. Only downside is it does absolutely nothing new... if you consider that a downside at all. It's more Spider-Man, and after all 3 chapters are out you could probably safely call the whole thing "Spider-Man 1.5". ...I wish the new suits had new powers to go with them, but that's the only real quibble.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Does the DLC integrate neatly into the main game? I.e. I've finished the game's story and am just mopping up things in the city; will new mission markers just pop up on the map as I zip around or do I have to start the DLC from a menu?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    From a menu. Specifically you'll have to go into your pause menu and tab over to the DLC tab where you can select the dlc campaign you want.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    Cool, thanks. I think I'll wait with the DLC until all three episodes are out - but in that case I can still put in a bit of mopping up every now and then without accidentally starting the DLC.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    I was hoping for some new skills and levels. I've got a superfluous 5 skill points thanks to the pre-order bonus that I want to spend on something.

I do appreciate that they let you get silvers on all the challenges and still get the trophy, a couple of those would get me to hate the game if they required golds.
    The photobomb feature was a nice touch, though.
    I wonder if they put that in because people were playing the entire game without realising they could go through the water towers like that? I did it by accident once, then started looking for opportunities to do it because it was cool.
    (You can also do it through concrete pipes when they're hanging from cranes, which looks even cooler)

Yeah, those extra skill points are silly. It can make sense for a game to offer fewer skill points than you need to max everything out, so you really have to choose how to shape your character and their skillset. Having extra skill points you can't do anything with? That's annoying. If you don't offer enough skills, give us the chance to 'sell' them for resources, for instance.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    I've played 2 missions into the Black Cat DLC, and so far it's been a real good time. That first mission was nicely made, and I enjoyed the fights there (I do wonder how that theft mechanic would've played out had I not completely botched the stealth), and the Crimes that popped up related to the DLC story have been neat. It definitely feels like more of the game, which I appreciate in my DLC chapters.

edited October 2018
    I really wish they had chosen a better costume for Felicia.

This costume just doesn't feel like her thing. Lacking a certain amount of style.

Dr. Chaos on
    Considering her 'style' is most often about 90% cleavage, I've liked that this version's managed to be at least somewhat practical looking.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Oh right DLC came out yesterday. Currently working my way through Dying Light but I’ll pick this up soon. Any excuse to play more of this game.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited October 2018
    Considering her 'style' is most often about 90% cleavage, I've liked that this version's managed to be at least somewhat practical looking.
    You can be practical without being boring.

It has no flair. Could use the fur/mane around the collar.

Dr. Chaos on
    edited October 2018
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Considering this
    640?cb=20160803012551&path-prefix=ja
    is among the least fanservice-y portrayals of Felicia in the last few decades of comics, I'm pretty okay with her getting a costume that looks like it actually fits what she does rather than looks stylish.

She's a cat burglar, she doesn't want people noticing a flashy suit.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited October 2018
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Considering this
    640?cb=20160803012551&path-prefix=ja
    is among the least fanservice-y portrayals of Felicia in the last few decades of comics, I'm pretty okay with her getting a costume that looks like it actually fits what she does rather than looks stylish.

She's a cat burglar, she doesn't want people noticing a flashy suit.
    I don't know about that, the streaks of white and bright hair color kind of already give her away.

You can do a good minimalist Black Cat design without being fan servicey, I don't think this is it. I'm not knocking anybody for liking it or thinking it works but for me, theres just something aesthetically missing.

Dr. Chaos on
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I think without the stylish fur, it just makes her look even more like the K-Mart version of Catwoman that she is.

Wait, are we suggesting that comic book hero costumes are flamboyant and impractical for actual real world uses?

Because I never

OK, so I'm just before the mission "something's screwy"
    1: This detective is 100% Felicia's dad and Black Cat #1. No doubt in my mind.
    2: I like cannoli as well
    3: I was NOT expecting Screwball to come back.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Wait, are we suggesting that comic book hero costumes are flamboyant and impractical for actual real world uses?

Because I never

"What would you prefer, yellow spandex?"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular

Because I never

"What would you prefer, yellow spandex?"

Matt, hearing from far off, coughs

Ok, the new Challenge Token missions in the DLC are hilarious.