As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Sword and Shield: Out now. Mark your spoilers!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Counterpoint "Guzzlord" is funny enough to cancel out literally all criticism wrt the ultra beasts

I subjectively disagree with the use of the word "funny" here

My father subjectively disagrees with climate science but that doesn't mean we're not hurtling towards a world that makes Mad Max look idyllic

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bewear has one of the darker descriptions in the pokedex.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Sun and Moon in general went way darker with the Pokedex descriptions. And since the theory usually is "all the Pokedex entries are written by kids fucking around" my extended theory is that Gladion wrote most of them

Also the genies from Gen V are awful from every conceivable angle.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Sun and Moon in general went way darker with the Pokedex descriptions. And since the theory usually is "all the Pokedex entries are written by kids fucking around" my extended theory is that Gladion wrote most of them

Also the genies from Gen V are awful from every conceivable angle.

That Gladion theory actually makes a good bit of sense. Poor emo Gladion.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Counterpoint "Guzzlord" is funny enough to cancel out literally all criticism wrt the ultra beasts

I subjectively disagree with the use of the word "funny" here

My father subjectively disagrees with climate science but that doesn't mean we're not hurtling towards a world that makes Mad Max look idyllic

How dare you

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Patrat is the worst Pokemon, but the elemental monkey evos sure are contenders

Druddigon too

Also I love alternate reality nonsense and would lean harder into it if I had the reins

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Druddigon is a great tribute to pepsi.

i also imagine he feels like my sister's dog's dragon toy which has stuff in the fabric to make it more durable.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Druddigon does suck.

But My Dad was the best Druddigon.

• Options
    Patrat is just Judge Doom in Pokémon form.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    He sure does have some crazy eyes.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    So who's excited for Pokemon Mystic Quest?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I appreciate the Ultra Beasts specifically because they're so weird and non-standard for Pokemon designs - I buy that they're from another dimension.

I would have to agree with the elemental monkeys. Garbador et al I don't have a problem with, and it is known in the TCG for negating abilities so that's neat, and Luvdisc at least gives you heart scales, otherwise it would be my pick.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Luvdisc is at least kind of cute. Although I imagine holding it would feel pretty weird. It looks soft and squishy, but the way it animates when swimming implies its whole body would be a sort of firm muscle, wouldn't it?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The fact that it doesn't evolve into Alomomomomola is kinda mean on Game Freak's part.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    It should be illegal to send Magikarp in a Wonder Trade

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    It should be illegal to send Magikarp in a Wonder Trade

What you want everyone who's gonna build a highly-competitive Gyarados to have to start from scratch on their own

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I get more chaff like Zigzagoon and Caterpie than I do Magikarp, personally.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Having never played anything but gen 1 and 7 these pokemon go releases are always exciting for me. And I have to say that the gen4 starters and "route 1" mon look real good compared to gen 3.

Grobian on
  • Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    And I have to say that the gen4 starters and "route 1" mon look real good compared to gen 3.

alright I poke a lot of fun at Strong Pokemon Opinions but this is unforgivable

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I caught my first ever shiny in a regular Pokémon Game last night!

A rattata... I'll take it I guess.

• Options
    Hey the next online tournament in USUM has an interesting premise and a cool prize

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/a084e3b9-521c-4ce6-b3b1-b8de772030b4

It's kind of an arbitrary list, but the theme is "spooky" Pokemon and the prize is a shiny Mimikyu.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Honestly I love that list for how specific it is. It’s varied, but you can see some real thought went into what would and wouldn’t qualify. And some mythicals are even allowed (though Hoopa Unbound isn’t, but absolutely fits the theme, I assume it’s just too powerful)

Like you could make a whole spooky Pokémon game with that list

More themes like this please

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    By the way, they're giving out Zeraora codes now.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

At?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

At?

Gamestop in the US. I think it might be different in other countries.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    What the fuck is a meltan? Is that a ditto?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

Its T-1000

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

It's a gen 8 mythical that's showing up early in Go and Let's Go to drum up interest. It does look too much like a Ditto, but there's no apparent connection.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    6xwffq6b4fpl.jpeg

This is my hope (okay not as violent), but I doubt its body will get animated much beyond a little wobble.

• Options
    I hate the meltan design. It's boring and lazy.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Meltan is cute but if it doesnt evolve or combine or something then I hate it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    in a shocking twist for the pokemon franchise, meltan digivolves

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Meltan is cute but if it doesnt evolve or combine or something then I hate it

Well it does. They teased it in the third trailer

• Options
    I feel like Mythicals really need something special about them to make them feel, well, mythical. Mew is the ancestor of Pokemon and shows this off by being able to use every TM, Celebi is a time traveler, Jirachi grants wishes, Deoxys is an alien, Manaphy can switch bodies, Arceus is God, Shaymin uh... creates lots of Gratitude by making flowers bloom? Darkrai makes nightmare and is the counterpart to Cresselia. Victini always bring victory. Keldeo is the fourth Muskadeer. Meloetta changes feelings through song. Genesect is an ancient bug transformed into a cyborg by bad guys. Diancie is an absurdly rare variant of Carbink. Hoopa is a genie with space warping powers it uses to teleport legendaries around. Volcanion uses steam to hide from people and carve out mountains. Magearna is an artificial pokemon built by an ancient civilization. Marshadow hides in shadows and copies people's moves. Zeraora is very fast and uses electricity to murder people.

Like, I like a lot of these pokemon, I definitely feel like there's a trend towards mythicals becoming less spectacular compared to normal pokemon or legendaries. Meltan also feels pretty normal so far, but we still don't know everything so I'm hopeful.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh god what is zeraora when did that happen

event pokemon need to stop happening so stupidly often

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Muskadeer.

and I'm done

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Oh god what is zeraora when did that happen

event pokemon need to stop happening so stupidly often

It's happening now until mid November. Pick up card at Gamestop /EB Games

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Zeraora is the lightning cat version of Lucario.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

At?

Gamestop in the US. I think it might be different in other countries.

I got them but my brother pocketed the cards and then washed his pants :(
    I am ashamed I will have to go back and ask for another set

• Options
    Meltan info
    Meltan evolves to Melmetal its not a form.

Its uh. Better . . .?

This discussion has been closed.